X-Men:: Friends of Humanity (( Men Needed! ))

Started by Mnemosyne, August 24, 2011, 11:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyu

lol nah I will post in a bit after they posted once or twice, I have no hurries ^^

LunarSage

Quote from: Sinesthesia on August 27, 2011, 04:15:25 PM
When I'm a bit more awakeee I'll let you know dove.
(( Maybe someone can be nice and wake me up...? *giggles* ))

I would like to know at your earliest convenience if at all possible.  I have a bangup character concept but I just need to know a few details.  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Mnemosyne

Quote from: LunarSage on August 27, 2011, 08:15:21 PM
I would like to know at your earliest convenience if at all possible.  I have a bangup character concept but I just need to know a few details.  :-)

It's September 24th, 2082. That's what I've come up with.
Not sure about the year. It's negotiable really. As long as it's
long enough for what happened to happen.~
I like my posts like I like my cock.
Thick, lengthy, and something I can choke up on.
Cravings//Apologies&Absences//O&O
I've been Insulted... Disrespected... I've been
Mistreated

LunarSage

Wow.  71 years in the future!  That's a lot longer than I had thought.  O.O

Alright, questions...

Was Muir Island destroyed or abandoned?  If not, who controls it now?

Are any of the long lived or immortal characters still around like Wolverine or the Juggernaut?

kckolbe

I didn't know Juggernaut was immortal.  Up to Sin, of course.  Wolverine is no more, as I wanted him dead.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

LunarSage

Juggernaut is the avatar of an abstract elder god (Cyttorak) and as long as that remains so, he'll never die, as least canonically.  Couple that with the fact that you can't actually physically harm him and you have one long lived villain.

Mnemosyne

Quote from: LunarSage on August 27, 2011, 08:30:00 PM
Wow.  71 years in the future!  That's a lot longer than I had thought.  O.O

Alright, questions...

Was Muir Island destroyed or abandoned?  If not, who controls it now?

Are any of the long lived or immortal characters still around like Wolverine or the Juggernaut?

Hmm I think it would have been abandoned by this point, as the government no longer
saw a need for it as mutants have fallen for some time now into a smaller existence.
And the ones they find now either end up dead or in Mister Creed's collection at the school.

Wolverine, we've decided, was killed by his daughter from an alter dimension (( storm x wolverine's daughter that is )) when she didn't know he was who he was in this dimension. (( You can read up on her character sheet in the character thread for further info on that. Runa I think her name was... ))

Juggernaut I would imagine is on his own, not in hiding, but in the open. I don't see him as a hider... I think he'd take some strong signs of good leadership by the new leader of the brotherhood before joining up again don't you think? I dunno...
Mistreated

LunarSage

Alright... let me know if this works.

Name: Kane Marshall

Nom De Guerre: Force

Sex: Male

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 180 lbs

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Brown

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Place of Birth: Seattle, WA

Current Nationality: Citizen of the United States with a criminal record

Known Relatives: Unnamed Father with last name of Lee (Wealthy Chinese Immigrant), Sharon Marshall (Mother), Jubilation Lee (Half Sister)

Current Occupation: (Not sure what they'd have him hired on at the Institute to do)

Current Place of Residence: New York

Affiliations: Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters

Hobbies: Video Games, Roller Blading

Origin of Powers:  Breed Mutant

Strength Level:  Kane possesses the strength of a regular man of his age, height and build who engages in regular exercise.  When his force field exoskeleton is manifested and he is able to exert his full strength, he possesses superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) approximately 10 tons.

Powers: Force has the mutant ability to manifest a psionic exoskeleton force field around his body, which appears as a translucent field of golden energy surrounding him body, roughly humanoid in shape and of slightly greater size.  It offers him a good amount of protection from physical and energy attacks, including lasers, though less focused spectrums of light are able to bypass the field, such as blinding flashes... sound is able to bypass the field as well, though it offers some protection from focused sonic attacks.  Gas attacks will completely bypass the field, as he still needs to breathe and has not yet learned to block out such things.  When the field is manifested, he is able to form it's extremities into various shapes as needed.  This allows his to create effective weaponry out of the force field or extend his 'legs' up to allow him to reach greater heights.  He also possesses Class 10 superhuman strength when the field is manifested and he devotes a proportionate amount of his force field's defenses to strength/damage output.  For some reason, the field also causes psychic interference, blocking access to his mind from less powerful telepaths, whether it be for good or ill.

Kane also possesses genetic immunity to his half sister Jubilation's powers, possibly her descendants' as well.

Limitations: Kane's force field can be overloaded by sufficient punishment and when this happens, he usually passes out from the psychic shock.  He is also quite vulnerable to harm when his force field is not up.

Unusual Features: Kane is half Asian but has natural blonde hair, a minor quirk of his mutation likely.

Appearance:

Kane is not bulky, but he has a toned build, indicative of a man who works out every day.  His features are smooth and boyishly cute.  He'll likely be 30 and still get carded at bars.  His hair is blonde, which is unusual for his Asian heritage but it seems to fit him well enough. 

Personality: Kane is fun loving and fairly carefree, but there is a sadness to his nature since he essentially lost everything that he cared about and must now live in a world that he can't even begin to comprehend.  He knows when to get serious, however. 

History: Several years before the birth of Jubilation, Mr. Lee had been on a business trip to Seattle, where he had a moment of weakness, having a fling with a waitress. He never told his wife or his daughter. However, sure enough, 9 months later Kane was born of the brief union. He grew up in a fairly poor home, but at least his mother loved him. He always wondered who his father was, however. When he turned 13, his powers manifested at school and he ran away from home. Driven to the brink of despair from all the newfound prejudice around him, he traveled the country, eventually running into Mystique, who taught him to focus his despair into rage against the humans.  For an embarassing many months he travelled with the Brotherhood as one of them, using his powers to strike terror into the hearts of the humans who dared hate and fear him.  Fortunately for him, he was forced to fight the X-Men one day, and ended up talked into leaving Mystique and joining the X-Men.  He still resented the sheer prejudice that humans had for mutants, but with the help of his newfound friends (friends that treated him nicely-- he wouldn't miss Sabertooth, that was for sure) he was beginning to at least tolerate humans.  A stray word here and there could still set him off the deep end though... mutie, genejoke... he didn't like the colorful names that humans have cooked up for his kind. 

He was an X-Man for a few years and eventually discovered his relationship to his half sister Jubilee... for awhile the two of them were quite a team.  Then disaster struck!  Kane fell victim to the horrible Legacy Virus.  He was placed into suspended animation at Muir Island under the care of Moira McTaggart until such time that a cure was discovered.  Once the cure was discovered, it was administered to him in controlled automated doses for many years, as his case was fairly unusual and had to be carefully handled.  Only recently have the systems detected no more trace of the virus in him and revived him.  He awoke in a dark, abandoned facility with hazy memories.  He remembered being an X-Man but he had no recollection of why he was in the facility.  He found his old uniform and donned it, making his way to the surface only to find himself alone on an island that once was home to people he knew and loved.  He eventually worked up the courage to try and swim to shore, walking into a Scottish pub to try and get his bearings.  Much to his surprised he discovered that he had been in suspended animation for over 70 years and much had changed.  It didn't take long for him to get reported and soon enough he was approached by some men who offered to take him 'home'.  Home... he wasn't sure if such a place even existed anymore, but he allowed them to take him to the Xavier Institute with an offer to help him acclimate to the modern world.  Hesitantly, he has accepted their offer, if only to attempt to learn more about what happened while he was out.  His sister... gone.  The X-Men... gone.  Everything he thought he believed in was being turned upside down.  What would the future hold for this once X-Man?

kckolbe

I worry that his abilities are a bit too much, possessing strong attacks and multiple defenses.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Mnemosyne

Yes... maybe tone it down a bit in that area.
I like that he's from seattle and is asian though....
Mistreated

kckolbe

Yeah, he is pretty cool.  Perhaps too cool.  Perhaps too hot as well.  Tone those down as well.  ~smiles~

Before all the female players kill me let me state that I am kidding, and perfectly happy with his character remaining hot.

Intro Thread

LunarSage

Quote from: kckolbe on August 27, 2011, 08:58:05 PM
I worry that his abilities are a bit too much, possessing strong attacks and multiple defenses.

Quote from: Sinesthesia on August 27, 2011, 09:02:41 PM
Yes... maybe tone it down a bit in that area.
I like that he's from seattle and is asian though....

Alright, what would you suggest to tone it down?  His concept revolves around the psionic force field exoskeleton and he's supposed to have experience as an X-Man in fighting and using his powers.  I don't think he's any more powerful than some of the others, personally.  Class 10 strength is pretty low for superhuman strength in Marvel and his force field is not impervious, but he's no pushover either.  In the old Classic Marvel RPG (if you're familiar with the game this may give you some perspective), this character had Incredible 40 protection and and damage output while characters like Wolverine, Colossus and Cyclops had Monstrous 75 damage output... so I would argue that he was one of the less powerful X-Men back in the day as it stands.  I am open to suggestions though.

Mnemosyne

Quote from: kckolbe on August 27, 2011, 09:04:31 PM
Yeah, he is pretty cool.  Perhaps too cool.  Perhaps too hot as well.  Tone those down as well.  ~smiles~

Before all the female players kill me let me state that I am kidding, and perfectly happy with his character remaining hot.

Someone has a man crushhhhh....

You'll have to discuss what needs be toned down further with Mister Man Crush here, as I'm not sure that I fully understand the logistics of what your character does. I gather the force field sort of bit... but not sure that I get the rest.
Mistreated

Ramael

I dunno, the abilities seem pretty reasonable. The only thing I'd say was questionable is the strength. Being able to lift upto 10 tons is a lot. Almost a building. Such strength is advised against in the rules.

The force field's other abilities I'd say were alright, though. Sound, gas and and light can still get through it, and it doesn't sound like he'd simply brush off anything else. For example, I get the feeling were Cyclops to hit him with a full blast, he wouldn't get cut in half, but he wouldn't simply walk through it, either. Am I right? "A good amount of protection" as opposed to utter invincibility.

kckolbe

I do NOT have a man crush!

What bothered me was that you had physical, energy, and telepathic resistance.  Admittedly, there are stronger characters here, though.  Perhaps, as a compromise, the field can be used offensively or defensively, but not both?  For example, when not attacking, the field surrounds his hot-no, whole body, but in order to strike something powerfully, the field's strength is drawn into the attack, leaving him vulnerable to other attacks.

Intro Thread

LunarSage

Quote from: Ramael on August 27, 2011, 09:17:38 PM
I dunno, the abilities seem pretty reasonable. The only thing I'd say was questionable is the strength. Being able to lift upto 10 tons is a lot. Almost a building. Such strength is advised against in the rules.

Well, a building is going to weigh hundreds of tons at the very least.  A typical 2 story house weighs about 62 tons on average, so 10 tons is nowhere close to the level of strength that was officially prohibited.

QuoteThe force field's other abilities I'd say were alright, though. Sound, gas and and light can still get through it, and it doesn't sound like he'd simply brush off anything else. For example, I get the feeling were Cyclops to hit him with a full blast, he wouldn't get cut in half, but he wouldn't simply walk through it, either. Am I right? "A good amount of protection" as opposed to utter invincibility.

You are correct, sir.  His force field would allow him to remain standing after one full strength optic blast, but barely.  Two is right out.  Cyclops was certainly not someone to take lightly when he cut loose. 

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Sinesthesia on August 27, 2011, 09:13:10 PM
Someone has a man crushhhhh....

You'll have to discuss what needs be toned down further with Mister Man Crush here, as I'm not sure that I fully understand the logistics of what your character does. I gather the force field sort of bit... but not sure that I get the rest.

Well I know a certain middle-aged lady is going to be staring, that's for sure.

LunarSage

Quote from: kckolbe on August 27, 2011, 09:20:15 PM
I do NOT have a man crush!

What bothered me was that you had physical, energy, and telepathic resistance.  Admittedly, there are stronger characters here, though.  Perhaps, as a compromise, the field can be used offensively or defensively, but not both?  For example, when not attacking, the field surrounds his hot-no, whole body, but in order to strike something powerfully, the field's strength is drawn into the attack, leaving him vulnerable to other attacks.

Well, physical and energy resistance tend to go hand in hand in the Marvel universe with protections like body armor and force fields.  I haven't seen many characters who have resistance to one but not the other (Bishop comes to mind but no one else offhand). 

Alright, how about he can do the offense/defense thing normally but it's normally more in the "I can hit hard enough to lift 1 ton" range rather than 10 tons.  In order to get that kind of offense he'd need to lower his defenses proportionately.  (Bear in mind that Class 10 strength is only around Spider-Man level... he's hardly a heavyweight).  :-)

My main thing is that in a superhero game I'd like my superhero to be, well... super.

kckolbe

EQ, there is a somewhat stare-worthy man back at your own bunker!  ~grins~

LS, sounds reasonable.

Intro Thread

Ramael

I was just googling through some weight conversions, actually, you beat me to it. :)

I was more thinking that one full-strength optic blast would leave him alive but on his knees, but as Ol' Red eye isn't in this RP I suppose we can leave the comparisons out...:p

Kcol, I think we might also be forgetting that Force doesn't seem to have any long or mid-range capabilities. Although I suppose with that strength he could lift a couple of cars and use them as baseballs...

LunarSage

Sweet.  Alright, now I need to know what kind of job he would have been given at the Institute and my sheet will be complete (with edits).

Mnemosyne

Quote from: LunarSage on August 27, 2011, 09:32:21 PM
Sweet.  Alright, now I need to know what kind of job he would have been given at the Institute and my sheet will be complete (with edits).

good... because my girl is getting lonely... </3
Mistreated

Mnemosyne

I want a Nightcrawler and an Angel type chara... *pout*

I just thought of it though and there's three blue chara's related to x-men...
Mystique, The Beast, Nightcrawler... granted Mystique and the Nigthcrawler are related...
but whyyy why so much blue... lul...
Mistreated

LunarSage

Mnemosyne

Quote from: LunarSage on August 27, 2011, 09:39:31 PM
O.O

Oh my.

Well it's trueeee she is...
There's several students but none of them seem to be online or able to post </3
So she's the lone active student chara right now....
Mistreated