The Hero Project - [Recruiting]

Started by MzHyde, April 08, 2014, 12:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzHyde

MasterOfMyFate

I'm hoping things get... shocking when we start.  >:)
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

MzHyde

OOC - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=201275.0

Okay, we have enough to start so I posted up the OOC & Character topic. I'll be NPC'ing the three judges from time to time (as well as the fourth mystery judge), and have a contestant of my own. Feel free to post your approved profiles there and start chatting if you like. I'll keep this topic open for recruiting in the meantime.

Saric

What is your stance on 'Magic'/Mythical style abilities? I.E. should we stick with shooting flames from our hands or would someone who can chant gibberish and chuck fireballs be allowed? Or someone who looked like the mythical minotaur and, like the figure of legend, was immensely strong and immune to harm from any form of weapon? (in the original myth swords and spears just bounced off his hide, a modern version might be bullet proof etc.)

Also could someone be both a class A and a class B 'hero'? Say having a power that's fairly weak on it's own, which they then augmented with technological upgrades?
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

MzHyde

Ok, well, let's go in order.

1) Chanting/Magic is okay. While 'real' magic doesn't exist, you could, say, pass it off as something like "My character likes to do it because it's thematic" or "My character chants spells because it helps him/her concentrate and use their power".

2) A minotaur-like creature would be fine, as some powers do cause physical mutations.

3) I don't see anything wrong with that. I guess they'd classify as whatever they use the most. If they're mostly using tech, they'd be Class A.

Saric

Ok, last question (at least for now)...

Is it alright to have a power that causes physical mutations on activation, whether activation is deliberate or situational? In other words could someone look human or near human when doing everyday stuff then suddenly sprout wings and a tail when they activate their power, get hit by water, etc. ?
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

MzHyde

King Serperior

Highly interested if Bone Manipulation is not taken (don't feel like copying from another character) because it is my personal favorite power  :3

Obviously my character would have advanced healing so as to not bleed out when bones sprout from his/her body (depends on if there are more females or males as to my character's gender)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

AndyZ

We could use some more females.  I don't think anyone has Bone Manipulation.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

MzHyde

King Serperior

Hmm, well darn....Ah well, Maybe I'll figure out something different then.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.