MarvelThrones:A Tale Of Spider's & Hulk's(Need Captain America, Phoenix, others)

Started by NubianLegend, May 05, 2015, 07:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NubianLegend

NubianLegend

So right now we need a Captain America and possibly a Thor. I'm doing an open call for these two characters.

So these three characters are up for grabs.
-Doom
-Captain America
-Thor(*) Haven't heard from the player

Orange Marmalade

NubianLegend

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on June 05, 2015, 05:24:33 PM
Didn't we have both? Did the player drop?

Not officially, more like faded out.  I'm just trying to get a feel for who's active and who isn't. I've already sent out emails to those who haven't posted in weeks.

AdrianZef

Would the newcomer be assuming the role of the character or remaking it? Not that I have a preference, but just curious (and possibly interested in one of those!).
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

NubianLegend

Quote from: AdrianZef on June 06, 2015, 06:19:08 PM
Would the newcomer be assuming the role of the character or remaking it? Not that I have a preference, but just curious (and possibly interested in one of those!).

The former, there's no reason to reinvent something that's not broke.

TamaRose

Where is a good place to begin? Can I be anywhere in the world and post in the main thread?

NubianLegend

Quote from: TamaRose on June 06, 2015, 06:26:10 PM
Where is a good place to begin? Can I be anywhere in the world and post in the main thread?

Anywhere you want to and yes. Please read the in-game developments post for more information. I definitely don't want to explain something I already outlined.

slytherindoctor

You need a Captain America you say? I'd be quite interested in this actually. Could I possibly play him as gay and/or bisexual? Steve Rogers is always gay in my headcanon.

TamaRose

Quote from: NubianLegend on June 06, 2015, 06:31:38 PM
Anywhere you want to and yes. Please read the in-game developments post for more information. I definitely don't want to explain something I already outlined.

That's fine. I understand. I just wanted to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks!

NubianLegend

Quote from: slytherindoctor on June 06, 2015, 06:34:20 PM
You need a Captain America you say? I'd be quite interested in this actually. Could I possibly play him as gay and/or bisexual? Steve Rogers is always gay in my headcanon.

Bisexual yes, gay..I don't think so.  Only because hes wed to Natasha  in-game

slytherindoctor

Quote from: NubianLegend on June 06, 2015, 06:58:19 PM
Bisexual yes, gay..I don't think so.  Only because hes wed to Natasha  in-game

Well characters who are married in GoT sometimes end up as gay. Like Renly.

But it's fine. I'll play it as bisexual. But I wouldn't be able to do any sexual scenes with a female character. It would fade to black. I hope that's ok. Should probably ask the person playing Natasha.

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

slytherindoctor

So, Lithium and I have been talking and we're wondering if we could just break up the pairing entirely? The way she's writing Natasha, it wouldn't make sense and she said it would be too much of a compromise for both of us to do fade to black style scenes in a romantic relationship. So it might make more sense for us not to be together. If we could do that, that would probably help. We haven't been able to figure out a way to make it work in a "gay guy marries woman for heirs" way since the main reason she married him and left her shield post in her original concept is that she was in love with him.

SweetSerenade

Women fall in love with Gay guys all the time, just as straight men fall in love with Gay women. It could still work out, he could have realized she loved him - and then explained after they were married that he wasn't interested in women, but still loved her. There is a difference in loving someone, and being in love with them. As such he could arrange a sort of Heir situation with her, or at least attempt to. While still loving her and being a good husband to her. But perhaps they can start drifting as the story continues, and they petition King Thor to dissolve the marriage because they make good friends but not a married couple? You could start having them bickering over things that people normally wouldn't, because the pressure has finally just started coming to a head after all these years which is not uncommon in unbalanced emotion relationships (IE one partner is completely in love with the other, and the other just 'loves' them.). Then you can have him look into finding a Political wife, that perhaps could be gay as well - but wants children and is willing to marry him so she can have one, and he could have his partner to the side and she could have her own? That way they both have what they want - while putting on the face that the Kingdom Needs, and Natasha can return to Shield if that is what she wants?

Just... some thoughts... sorry.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Lithium

Thanks for the suggestion, but it wouldn't work for a variety of reasons and it's also not something that I'd be interested in playing out.

Sirian Eve

As always Sweet your thoughts are appreciated. We'll just have to see what Nubian says.  ;) and if Lithium is really okay with that.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

NubianLegend

Quote from: slytherindoctor on June 06, 2015, 11:51:37 PM
So, Lithium and I have been talking and we're wondering if we could just break up the pairing entirely? The way she's writing Natasha, it wouldn't make sense and she said it would be too much of a compromise for both of us to do fade to black style scenes in a romantic relationship. So it might make more sense for us not to be together. If we could do that, that would probably help. We haven't been able to figure out a way to make it work in a "gay guy marries woman for heirs" way since the main reason she married him and left her shield post in her original concept is that she was in love with him.

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 07, 2015, 12:17:33 AM
Women fall in love with Gay guys all the time, just as straight men fall in love with Gay women. It could still work out, he could have realized she loved him - and then explained after they were married that he wasn't interested in women, but still loved her. There is a difference in loving someone, and being in love with them. As such he could arrange a sort of Heir situation with her, or at least attempt to. While still loving her and being a good husband to her. But perhaps they can start drifting as the story continues, and they petition King Thor to dissolve the marriage because they make good friends but not a married couple? You could start having them bickering over things that people normally wouldn't, because the pressure has finally just started coming to a head after all these years which is not uncommon in unbalanced emotion relationships (IE one partner is completely in love with the other, and the other just 'loves' them.). Then you can have him look into finding a Political wife, that perhaps could be gay as well - but wants children and is willing to marry him so she can have one, and he could have his partner to the side and she could have her own? That way they both have what they want - while putting on the face that the Kingdom Needs, and Natasha can return to Shield if that is what she wants?

Just... some thoughts... sorry.

Quote from: Lithium on June 07, 2015, 06:57:18 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but it wouldn't work for a variety of reasons and it's also not something that I'd be interested in playing out.

All three sentiments are understandable, I'm not going to force anything awkward on anyone if I can avoid it, but at the same time I believe in people being free to play who they are. I understand where Lithium's coming from, if you want to make their marriages woes into a plot, we can work it in somehow. Maybe a couples retreat side arc to salvage their troubled marriage?

Their marriage can be annulled when they both come to terms with Steve's sexuality, I don't believe you can make it work but I've seen couples with all kinds of arrangements. Maybe Natasha can find comfort somewhere else?

slytherindoctor

I would probably be interested in playing a story like that, what SweetSerenade said, but I don't think Lithium is terribly interested at all. So probably that's a no go.

Is it potentially possible to just have them not be together at all in the first place? Instead, they can be very very good friends, even childhood friends to the point where Steven is possibly very wrapped up in her escape from Hydra? That seems like something that might work. We can both go our seperate ways with our characters.

AdrianZef

That would directly conflict with what NubianLegend said earlier about using the same character bio and backstory that already exists, so it's basically totally remaking the existing character...
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

SweetSerenade

Nubian is the GM, and by canceling the relationship we would likely have to have everyone go back through and edit all of the posts that referenced Natasha and Steve as a couple... that'd be a bit erm... chaotic.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Lithium

Quote from: slytherindoctor on June 07, 2015, 08:05:56 AM
I would probably be interested in playing a story like that, what SweetSerenade said, but I don't think Lithium is terribly interested at all. So probably that's a no go.

It's not even a question of being interested or not, it's that I don't believe it would make sense.

With that being said, I don't want to make this into a big deal or sit here discussing it for weeks, so you can go ahead and decide whatever storyline/explanation/etc. you want to use, and I'll suspend all of my disbelief and try to make it work somehow.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Lithium on June 07, 2015, 02:18:41 PM
It's not even a question of being interested or not, it's that I don't believe it would make sense.

With that being said, I don't want to make this into a big deal or sit here discussing it for weeks, so you can go ahead and decide whatever storyline/explanation/etc. you want to use, and I'll suspend all of my disbelief and try to make it work somehow.

To be fair, the option that makes the most sense, by a rather immense margin, is one you already turned down - fading to black for erotic scenes between the existing pair.

Lithium

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on June 07, 2015, 02:23:17 PM
To be fair, the option that makes the most sense, by a rather immense margin, is one you already turned down - fading to black for erotic scenes between the existing pair.

That comes with other complications, namely having to change major aspects of my character in ways that I might not necessarily want to change them so that I can give myself the possibility of enjoying erotic scenes with other characters.

But yeah, if you want to oversimplify things and totally disregard my preferences, then it's for sure the best option by the most immense of margins.