[Mutants & Masterminds 2nd] Paragon - Dawn

Started by Wintercat, August 31, 2011, 10:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

I don't think he's suggesting that the meteor was the source- just that people think it is.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Callie Del Noire

Well you got to admit it's a hell of an anomaly. :D

TheVillain

Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Callie Del Noire

Still trying to figure what sort of mischief my 'forms' are getting up to. Of course.. her income tax will be interesting.

"Ms. Hobson.. you reported 250,000 hours of work this year. And filed state returns in six states."

Thorn14

I sent this to the GM, haven't gotten a response back, so what do you guys think?

Abilities 24 + Skills 20 (80 ranks) + Feats 9 + Powers 45 + Combat 14 + Saves 8 + - Drawbacks 0 = 120

PL 8

Strength: 16/20 (+3/+5)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 14 (+2)
Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 12 (+1)
Charisma: 14 (+2)
total: 24pp

Toughness: +8

Attack: +5
Defense: +7
total: 14pp

Saves
Fortitude: + 5
Reflex: + 6
Will: + 3
total: 8pp

Skills
Acrobatics +15 (3)
Computers +5 (1)
Concentration +9 (2)
Drive +7 (1)
Gather Information +6 (1)
Investigate +5 (1)
Notice +9 (2)
Search +9 (2)
Sleight of Hand +7 (1)
Stealth +7 (1)
Survival +5 (1)
total: 20pp

Feats
Attractive 1
Dodge Focus 3
Evasion 1
Power Attack
Weapon Bind
Ranged Pin
Equipment 1
(Cellphone, PDA, Computer)

total: 9pp

subtotal: 53pp

Powers
Enhanced Strength 4 (4)
Immunity 1 (Poison) (1)
Plant Control 6 (6) Range 60ft Radius 30ft DC 16 Entangle; Limited (Thorns only)
[AP] Wall of Thorns (Forcefield 5)
+5 Toughness; Line Area (5x125 ft line); Ablative
Protection 6, Noticable (5)
Regeneration 4; Recovery Bonus 2 (+2 to recover), Recover Rate (Bruised)  2 (Recover 1/action)
Shield 2
Strike 5, DC25, Penetrating; Mighty (14)
[AP] Blast 3, Range 30ft, DC 18, Penetrating
[AP] Blast 3, Range 30ft, DC 18, Autofire (Interval 2, max +5)
[AP] Blast 3, Range 30ft, DC 18,; Burst Area (15 ft. radius), Selective Attack, Action (full)
Super-Movement 1 Trackless;Limited (Grass Only), Permanent (1)
Super-Senses 3, Tremorsense; Limited (Only on grass) (2)
Wall Crawling 1 (Half Speed) (2)

total: 45

Drawbacks None

Grand Total: 120

Trade-Offs:

I got the idea of a backstory, just gotta type it up, and I can't think of a good real life image. I guess I rely on anime too much heh.

Wintercat

I like the character you presented Thorn, my apologies I've had some other things come up in real life while I was preparing things, I am waiting to see the remaining characters but also wondering if I should set a 'starting date' for this game. I would be glad to give it a try to start on Monday if people find it appropriate, but we can delay a bit too. Also, if we start with some ready some not, they ones that are not yet ready are free to jump in at their convienience naturally.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

MasterMischief

Foxy DeVille

TheVillain

I'm coo' with that. Earlier would be awesome too.

Callie Del Noire

Same here... Got another idea for a name.. 'The Standin'. :D

Ixy

I submitted a rough draft, but I don't think I'm going to have time to work this one in... a week ago, I was champing at the bit to get more games, but right now I'm drowning in work and real-life :)  Sorry.

Wintercat

Quote from: Ixy on September 08, 2011, 05:32:44 PM
I submitted a rough draft, but I don't think I'm going to have time to work this one in... a week ago, I was champing at the bit to get more games, but right now I'm drowning in work and real-life :)  Sorry.

Aww, we'll miss you Ixy but its understandable. The offer still stands to join along later if things ease up again. You're a friend and as I mentioned, I would gladly take all that applied for the game, now or later.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Thorn14

Same here, sorry for the wait, monday works.

I'll be finishing up soon. RL has been in the way.

Also is anime/cartoon characters ok for character portraits or would you prefer RL? If so, is there a good place to find images?

Wintercat

Quote from: Thorn14 on September 09, 2011, 04:44:39 PM
Also is anime/cartoon characters ok for character portraits or would you prefer RL? If so, is there a good place to find images?

I'm generally alright with the more 'realistic' anime images, I know some prefer to have only 'portraits' for chracter concepts, or real good 'lifelike images' but personally I'm ok with Anime images that are not too over-the-top.

Hmm..

Portrait of a character posing cool? Alright.

Same image with a massive sword longer than the guy himself, with hair that reaches to his ankles, and summoning a meteor to destroy an entire planet with a white wing stuck on his back?

Okay, now you are just being silly.

Anyway, keep it 'within reason' and I'm usually fine with anime avatars.
A&A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wintercat on September 10, 2011, 01:34:46 PM
I'm generally alright with the more 'realistic' anime images, I know some prefer to have only 'portraits' for chracter concepts, or real good 'lifelike images' but personally I'm ok with Anime images that are not too over-the-top.

Hmm..

Portrait of a character posing cool? Alright.

Same image with a massive sword longer than the guy himself, with hair that reaches to his ankles, and summoning a meteor to destroy an entire planet with a white wing stuck on his back?

Okay, now you are just being silly.

Anyway, keep it 'within reason' and I'm usually fine with anime avatars.

I'm still trying to figure out what sort of 'looks' Myriad goes for...if Metas are public knowledge I see her being a stand in for a LOT of actresses.

Thorn14

How is this image? Its not the best I can find but its the only one close enough. (Seriously, its really hard to find a good image of a girl wearing a heavy jacket!) She's going to be a tad younger (think 20) and will be wearing a heavier jacket with a hood  and underneath her heavy jacket/hood (She likes to hide her green hair when in public) she wears a backless and sleeveless top so that she doesn't rip up her clothing when she summons her thorns from her body.

What her outfit is under her jacket (she takes off the jacket in battle)

Wintercat

Looking good, looking good. I'll post the start-up thread tomorrow, and the game will launch. People will have a chance to narrate their own 'intro' a little bit, to show how they want to enter the scene, but after that point, I'll see to guiding the events. Players have a chance to truly affect the world with their actions, but also to engage in whatever pursuits they desire with those powers, but they are not the only people with powers out there.
A&A

Thorn14

And I'll post my character's background (finally) after lunch. It should be simple so no big deal.

Lunarice

Muse just sent me this thread and I am interested as well.  Been a while since I played M&M but can probably whip something up the next day or two.  Anything set on powers so far?  I don't want to duplicate anyone's ideas.  When it comes to making the powers, I tend to need a little help but figure I can snag Muse for a bit.  Unless you've already got all you need ...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lunarice on September 11, 2011, 01:35:39 PM
Muse just sent me this thread and I am interested as well.  Been a while since I played M&M but can probably whip something up the next day or two.  Anything set on powers so far?  I don't want to duplicate anyone's ideas.  When it comes to making the powers, I tend to need a little help but figure I can snag Muse for a bit.

Ironically, dupication IS my character's power.. Myriad. :D

Lunarice

*grins*  That's a cool power but not one I typically go for.  I usually go a bit elemental other than the one petite powerhouse I made.

TheVillain

I made the speedster, though he's more of a time manipulator so you probably could go with a speedster if you go for a different tone.

Muse

This is Beat's history.  I'm working up his sheet. 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Complications:
"You ever read the comics?  Spider man had a creed, he got it from his uncle Ben.  I have one too, I got it from the hood I grew up in.  "No one ever made the world a better place by waiting for someone else to do it." 

History:
Henry McCray was born in the Mondomwin district of Baltimore.  A traditional black ghetto and a rough one at that, he had a head start over other kids in his neighborhood. 

His family business—a soul food restaurant called McCray’s place—was right across the street from the community college.  Both his parents were graduates.  Students and even professors came in to eat, study, and watch kung fu flicks at all hours.  Talking with them, his vocabulary got a head start.  Rapping with them, his lyrics got ahead of his age group.  A gym teacher made certain he didn’t hurt himself trying to emulate the kung fu movies. 

Henry always heard his life to the beat of drums.  As a baby, he did what any baby would in the kitchen, but as a toddler—instead of stop—he learned rhythm and meter.  With wooden spoons he brought music from every surface he found.  In elementary school, he explained too a fed up disciplinarian, ‘I like to find out what vibrations sound good and what don’t.”  A science teacher overheard this and explained discovered that he had largely intuited an understanding of how sound travels through matter. 

In junior high he became a drummer in a garage band and marched in the high school band.  In ninth grade, he started suffering periods of fever that came and went.  When they were worst—when he felt he was burning up—he would drum as if he could drum the pain out of him, and soon the fever would break, though it seemed whatever he was drumming on was ringing. 

Then came the day that the fever hit him at school.  He was supposed to go too the nurse, but instead found himself drumming his way out the door and up the street.  The faster he moved, he found, the less the heat built.  Then he found himself surrounded by a posse that liked to rough him up for his stuff. 

Instinctively it all clicked.  He drummed the ground and the gang was knocked from their feat.  He sent the vibrations from his body through the sticks to knock the gangers back down as fast as they got up ‘til they stayed down, and the fever broke.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Thorn14

Added Ranged Pin to my character.

Backstory

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
My name is Ada. No I wont tell you my last name. I was just a simple college student going to a local community college, getting my credits out of the way. I never considered what I wanted to be when I grew up, so it was high time I started to decide. Fate decided for me. I went to the local park to relax and think, every friday. It became routine really. I had heard that some strange things were happening, but in this city, well the weird is to be expected here, and I didn't like watching the news. Too depressing and politics always had me upset. In any event, I leaned against a bench and closed my eyes for a moment. It was then I heard screams, and looked around me, was there an attack? But before I had any idea what was going on, an explosion rocked near me, and tossed my body several feet. However, instead of becoming a mangled and burned corpse, I was completely fine, and even stranger, a field of roses and briers surrounded me. I ran before anyone noticed me.

I soon found I had powers, just like these metas I had heard about shortly after. I was able to control plant life somewhat, as well as grow thorns from my body. I guess I became one of those super heroes I heard about...but I'm no here, I'm just a kid. And metas were becoming feared and experimented on. I soon had to hide my identity because my hair had also become green, making it prety obvious. I walk around in a heavy jacket with a hood underneath to hide my hair. But if I become threatened, I have a...somewhat untasteful shirt on, so I dont shred it...

I'm not going around saving the world, I try to help out in ways I can, but not risking myself. I fear there may be more to my future...but for now I play it safe.

Personality: Ada is shy and keeps to herself, but not afraid to do the right thing. Her condition makes her extremely nervous and she'll hesitate before doing anything drastic. She has a hidden side under her that can make her prone to some explosive tantrums, but lately she has kept it in check. While her shirt would suggest she flaunts her body, it is used only as a necessity. She'd rather keep her jacket on.

Callie Del Noire

I feel a bit bad now.. all I got are broke actress duplicates. :D LOL.. still access wikipedia, social sites ect elsewhere while walking with the players can be fun.. not to mention once I buy up some gear points.. team work moves will be fun.

Of course the tenses could be fun.

"I'm looking into it." Coming out of three mouths at the same time while another form is states away doing research..

Note.. have to up gather info.