Pokemon United Tabletop(Interest Thread)

Started by Togashi, May 12, 2015, 08:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Togashi

I'm looking to see how interested people would be in a pokemon game. This would use the United Tabletop rules, and would be open to trainers, and for people to play as gijinka(anthros) if they want to. Pokémon would start at level 5, as starters, and our trainers would start at level 1 to begin their journey. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

Keelan

I believe I'd be interested, likely as a gijinka... can gijinka be trainers too is my only question XD

Togashi

No. Gijinka are pokemon, and cannot be trainers.

Wolfy

No idea what United Tabletop rules are. @-@

Togashi

http://pokemontabletop.com/

You can download the rules there from the people who developed them. All legit and for free.

Keelan

Hm... if I haven't checked on the rules in a LONG while (back when I think 1.04 was new, and I see a 1.05 and XY update), are gijinka mechanically implemented, custom creation/homebrew, or simply pokemon we say are actually humanoid in appearance for mechanical purposes?

Also, would there be a risk of me being 'caught' against my will?  Not IC I mean; OOC if I really don't want my girl captured by a trainer, would I be able to make that the case?

Also, would Sylveon be an acceptable starting gijinka pokemon?  She is my favorite pokemon EVAR!!!

Togashi

It would need to be an Eevee to start. In theory yes you could be captured by someone you don't like. Though I was hoping to have the trainers being brand new to their jobs, and thus you would be given to someone to start.

I also was planning on using 1.05 edition.

As for the type, no they would be normal pokemon rules wise, just appearances would be Gijinka. They also would not have to speak only their names.

Keelan

...when would I be able to evolve then?  Iirc, she evolves via happiness...

Togashi

According to the 1.05 pokedex an Eevee becomes a Sylveon with a Moon Stone for the sake of mechanics.

Keelan

Ah... that would make it easy yeah...

How hard is it to find one?  My goal would be to find one ASAP...

Warlock

''Some Pokémon evolve upon contact with radioactive Elemental Stones, while rarer evolutions take place only
once a Pokémon becomes bonded to a keepsake of sorts. Here are the relevant Elemental Stones and a list of
Evolutionary Keepsake. All of these items can be bought for $3000 in major stores.''
-PTU 1.05 p.298

They should be able to be found in any in a relatively easy way. There are classes that can create them to.

Like to throw my hat in here as well. Probably trainer.

eternaldarkness

I'm definitely interested in playing. Most likely as a trainer, pending further details.