Ancient Greek Mythology (Currently Looking for Titans & Demigods!)

Started by Pixilicious, April 25, 2011, 09:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixilicious

Currently looking for Titans and Demigods!!!

Attention!  It is my pleasure to announce that Elliquiy is now being subjected to the brainchild of the mind of Pixilicious.

Lately, we have been plagued with thoughts of an epic Greek Mythology game, involving the 14 Greek Gods and Goddesses (14 because we have learned that Homer couldn’t count properly!), selected Demigods, and of course the Titans.

The basic premise is that the Gods, and Demigods, live in modern day.  The Titans, that have been locked up for millennia have escaped and are trying to take over the world once more.  This is not to say that this is going to be strictly warring and feuding.  These are the Greek Gods!  There will be a lot of adult situations, deception and sexiness!  (This is an adult role play after all!)

As far as players go, we are looking for a few things:
•   Consistent posting
•   Literacy within posts
•   Basic knowledge of the God/Goddess/Titan/Demigod you wish to play (See Below)*

****NOTE: While you don't have to be myth experts, basic knowledge is expected, but we are happy to answer questions they have as long as they aren't asking for a full background of whatever person you are playing. ****

List of Appropriate Gods/Goddess Available

•   Dionysus

List of Titans Available

•   Phoebe
•   Themis
•   Asteria
•   Hecate
•   Helios
•   Leto
•   Styx
•   Pallas (M)
•   Astreaus (M)
•   Oceanus (M)
•   Rhea

List of Demigods Available

•   Orion
•   Orpheus
•   Clymene
•   Amphitrite
•   Maia (Hermes' mother)

If you have a persona in mind that you don't see listed in any of the above lists, please feel free to PM Pixilicious, and let her know which one you'd like to submit a profile for.  I have no problem considering characters that are not listed here! :D

If anyone thinks that they would be interested in participating in something like this, please post here in this thread indicating such.

If you know for sure that is something that you would like to participate in, please feel free to fill out a character biography and send it to Pixilicious VIA PM.  I am asking that each person submit at least two characters that they would like to play and we will select the best one for the story that we think fits with the vision we have for the game. The template for the character bio is as follows:

God/Goddess Name:
Modern Occupation:
Post-Greek Myth Background / What have you been doing these past thousands of years?
Connections to any other Greek deities:
Picture:

Once again, please PM your completed application to Pixilicious and allow 24-48 hours for an answer on approval.  Any further questions should be directed to Pixilicious as well.

Everyone that is considering joining has asked me about links to the game.  I figured I'd post them here, so those that are interested can see what the game is about so far:

Here are the links to all the game threads! :)

OOC

Character Thread

God's Game Thread

Titan Game Thread

Demigod Game Thread

Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Star Safyre

Paint me curious.  I've sent my questions to you ladies, and I appreciate your offering such a potentially fun idea to us!
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Pixilicious

Quote from: Star Safyre on April 25, 2011, 10:18:31 AM
Paint me curious.  I've sent my questions to you ladies, and I appreciate your offering such a potentially fun idea to us!

Thank you, Mrs. Safyre! :D

Star Safyre

And thanks back to you for the quick response!  I'll be PMing my application shortly.

Pixilicious

Quote from: Star Safyre on April 25, 2011, 10:47:04 AM
And thanks back to you for the quick response!  I'll be PMing my application shortly.

Excellent! :D  Moirae and I look forward to reading it. :D

Star Safyre

Character apps sent!  Thanks for considering me, ladies.  <3

Pixilicious

Quote from: Star Safyre on April 25, 2011, 12:58:26 PM

Thank YOU for your interest!  *grins*  And, I may have spied a Mr. Safyre poking his silvery self here. *grins*

desert ashes

Quote from: Star Safyre on April 25, 2011, 12:58:26 PM

Of course. ;) 

Just to add a second notation of this, please don't be discouraged if you don't see your favorite God/Goddess, Demi-God/Goddess or Titan included in the list! 

Also, when submitting character profiles, please do remember to submit at least two different characters! 

::Does a little dance (think Snoopy's dance) to see hir and Pixi's brainchild coming to life. ::
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Star Safyre

Quote from: Pixilicious on April 25, 2011, 01:02:42 PM
Thank YOU for your interest!  *grins*  And, I may have spied a Mr. Safyre poking his silvery self here. *grins*

He was lurking, oh yes.  He's always interested in what interests me.   ::)  I can't speak for his interest in playing, but he'll certainly let you ladies know should he be so inclined.

Hellion000

If I offend, my bad. Don't take it personal...

Having said that, this reads like what you'd get if Scion raped Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Is that correct? I could be interested. Not sure yet.

desert ashes

Quote from: Hellion000 on April 25, 2011, 06:23:15 PM

Having said that, this reads like what you'd get if Scion raped Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Is that correct? I could be interested. Not sure yet.

Not being familiar with Scion or Percy Jackson and the Olympians I can't really appropriately answer that. >.>

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Star Safyre

I'm familiar with both.  From what I read about the game so far, I'd say not really.  Both of those involve the offspring of gods.  The PCs in this case would be the gods themselves.  There are similarities in that they all involve the gods in a modernesque setting.  Am I correct in that, ladies?

Hellion000

Quote from: Moirae on April 25, 2011, 06:28:56 PM
Not being familiar with Scion or Percy Jackson and the Olympians I can't really appropriately answer that. >.>

You should get familiar. They're both great products in their own ways.

Quote from: HairyHeretic on April 25, 2011, 06:38:22 PM
http://www.white-wolf.com/scion

Scion :)

Mmmmm, Scion. So good, so good.

Quote from: Star Safyre on April 25, 2011, 07:07:47 PM
I'm familiar with both.  From what I read about the game so far, I'd say not really.  Both of those involve the offspring of gods.  The PCs in this case would be the gods themselves.  There are similarities in that they all involve the gods in a modernesque setting.  Am I correct in that, ladies?

I meant more in theme and setting than characterizations. Both games deal with modern day members of the Dodekatheon (to steal from Scion) dealing with the awakening and uprising of the progenitors to the Gods.

SpiralSpider

This looks like a lot of fun!

Sadly, while I might like to play as Demeter or Hera, I'm afraid that my knowledge of Greek Mythology is pretty limited. :/

Awesome idea, though!
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Pixilicious

Having said that, this reads like what you'd get if Scion raped Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Is that correct?

That would be a negative.  I've read Percy Jackson.  I've browsed a little bit into Scion because of Hairy....Just...No.

KnightNelson20

If you are still accepting Id like to play Dionysus. He was the man. Id be happy to make up a character sheet if needed. Though it doesn't look like anyone else has that i can see.

minerva7790

Just going to post here to register my interest. It certainly sounds great, but I'll wait for your answer to my question(s) before I start making my character sheets. :)
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Pixilicious

Nelson, I PMed you, sweetie...

Minerva...Moirae and I will discuss your questions tomorrow and get back to you on it.  My lovely is sleeping right now. :)

Hellion000

Quote from: Pixilicious on April 25, 2011, 09:02:18 PM

That would be a negative.  I've read Percy Jackson.  I've browsed a little bit into Scion because of Hairy....Just...No.

Could you, perhaps, go into a bit more detail on the theme, tone, scope, and narrative direction of the concept then? Because- and maybe its just me being obtuse- but I'm not sure I understand quite what you're working towards, which sucks because... as I said above, it's interesting and I might be interested.

Verse

Quote from: Hellion000 on April 25, 2011, 10:13:54 PM
Could you, perhaps, go into a bit more detail on the theme, tone, scope, and narrative direction of the concept then? Because- and maybe its just me being obtuse- but I'm not sure I understand quite what you're working towards, which sucks because... as I said above, it's interesting and I might be interested.

Not to be terribly rude myself but I'm going to be the one to flat out say, your approach to these questions comes off to even me as overly condescending and arrogant. I don't mean this to insult you, but to simply tell you the age old advice; Back it down a notch, chief.

Further, the theme: Greek Mythology. Wasn't entirely myth. Gods are still around today, shifting from their former lives as immortal deities to living amongst mortals, doing whatever they see fit.

Tone: Greek Mythology. There will be emotions, conflict, abuse, magic and all kinds of insanity present. The tone will probably bob between humor, tension and a spectrum of emotions.

Scope: Greek Mythology. The Pantheon are spread all over the world, all holding differing levels of power and the interpersonal relationship between the Immortals themselves are slightly compromised. And now the Titans are rising back up to do what the Titans usually do when they finally break out of their cages, roll up their sleeves and get back to breaking things.

And this is a roleplay, the narrative direction will probably be better fleshed out and explained once the interest check/sign ups are done and over with.

Starlequin

I believe this would be fun. Think I'll try to whip up a couple applications for a demi-god  or a Titan.

(Heh, I tried to resist, cuz I don't wanna spread myself too thin, but...Urgh! I need games like Gir needs tacos! Plus, the others  in my head wouldn't let us ignore the idea. And besides, IIRC I still owe the  delightful Miss Pixi a Grecian mythology game, don't i? ;)  )
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Pixilicious

Thank you, Starrie! *grins*  And yes, you do owe me one, so PM me your CS when you get it together. :)

desert ashes

Quote from: Chaznia on April 25, 2011, 07:50:22 PM
This looks like a lot of fun!

Sadly, while I might like to play as Demeter or Hera, I'm afraid that my knowledge of Greek Mythology is pretty limited. :/

Awesome idea, though!

As we aren't requiring anyone to have extensive knowledge of Greek Mythology (I've got enough Greek myth information in my head to fill a small library), I'd encourage you to submit for a character if you'd like to play.  There simply needs to be a willingness to research what you don't know about the characters and feel comfortable asking for clarifications or even answers to questions that you can't find. 

Quote from: Verse on April 26, 2011, 12:10:46 AM
Not to be terribly rude myself but I'm going to be the one to flat out say, your approach to these questions comes off to even me as overly condescending and arrogant. I don't mean this to insult you, but to simply tell you the age old advice; Back it down a notch, chief.

Insert the rest here.

Verse, that was condescending and rude, and as one of the co-GMs, that is not an attitude I want to see again in the future for this game -- from you or anyone else. 

To use your own words: back it down a notch.  If you want to be helpful, then be helpful, but no one has the right to belittle another for asking a question. 

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

desert ashes

Quote from: HairyHeretic on April 25, 2011, 06:38:22 PM
http://www.white-wolf.com/scion

Scion :)

(Yay double post.)

Thank you for the link, Hairy!  I feel a bit silly being a White Wolf fan and never having played nor read Scion before, but that actually does look interesting and would be fun to play!  Sadly not quite what we have in mind here, but pretty close.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin