Intertwined

Started by Ket, February 04, 2011, 08:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ket

Miteinander verbunden

Liebe ist unendlich
Love is eternal.
Nichts kann die Bande der Liebe brechen.
Nothing can break its bonds.
Nicht die Zeit. Nicht tausende von Meilen. Nicht einmal der Tod.
Not time. Not thousands of miles. Not even death.
Wenn zwei Seelen dazu bestimmt sind zusammen zu sein, kann sie nichts von einander trennen.
When two souls are destined to be together, they cannot be kept apart.

I’m looking to play out a story about two lovers who are destined to be together until the end of time. It features the idea of reincarnation, that when one body dies, its soul is reborn into another body at a later time. This story would start in ancient times and progress through different eras into the modern age and possibly into the future. In each time period the pair would be drawn to each other, regardless of any blockade that would be in their way.

They would know each other on a deep level, but in each time period they would be slightly different people. They wouldn’t know directly upon meeting that they are soul mates, for example they wouldn’t go out on a first date and then say “You’re the one I’m meant to spend my life with!” It’s more an inexplicable urge, not necessarily to be with a certain person, but an inner knowledge that they must do these things they are pulled to do. And in doing so, they meet the one they belong with.

I’d like to start the story off with a male and female pairing at first, and in a situation where it is relatively easy for the pair to be together. However, as time progresses, the pairings could take on any form of sexuality and include any number of small or large obstacles to overcome.

Yes, this is a romance. That doesn’t mean it has to be all mush and gush all the time. It can be sweet and innocent at times, or it can be hot and steamy…or anywhere in between.

I don’t want to play out their full lives. What I do want to play out is what they have to overcome to be together each time that their souls are reborn.

I’m a bit of a stickler for historical accuracy. Not to the degree of “The history books say this – so that’s the way it must be!” But if a 1500’s prince falls in love with some pauper girl; well, that may just not work out. Politically motivated arranged marriages were the thing then. If the couple is homosexual and living during the Victorian Period, they are going to be overly discreet. Sure, it occurred then, but no one knew and most lived double lives. Or a biracial couple in the 1950’s in the American south. The friction that such a relationship would cause in the community could lead to disastrous results. I’m not saying these are the pairings I’d like, but I hope you get my drift.

So, if you’re interested, you know where to find me!
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.