(Final Fantasy VIII) Balamb Garden: Relaunch Recruitment Open

Started by Fenrir, March 10, 2015, 02:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

la dame en noir

Now that I finally got up my group rp and I'm pretty much caught up on my RPs, I will be making a profile (or some of it) tonight. :D

She will be a bookish type, gf will be Ifrit, and this will be her

though I might change her appearance later lol
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

kckolbe

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 17, 2015, 03:49:53 PM

Or you could leave her as is ~crosses fingers~

Best of luck writing her up.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 17, 2015, 03:49:53 PM
Now that I finally got up my group rp and I'm pretty much caught up on my RPs, I will be making a profile (or some of it) tonight. :D

She will be a bookish type, gf will be Ifrit, and this will be her

Am in agreement with KC.  Your character's pretty cute, Dame.  :o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Revenent

Quote from: Letrixia on March 17, 2015, 03:33:50 PM
I am still waiting on mine.

I'll be contacting you in a bit here. I don't always contact people immediately after reading their sheets, whether it's because I'm busy IRL or discussing something with Fen, but I do read them all pretty much as they come in.

la dame en noir

lol apparently I have a knack for picking out cute face claims and pictures.
A&A | FxF |

Mossberg

I'd say yes, you do, Dame. The character picture and avatar are pretty nice.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

la dame en noir

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Juliette Everdeen
Enrollment Age: Six years of age

Weapon: Name Weapon Description:
Specialization:
Current Ranking: Candidate
Victory Motto: "Had to be me, someone else would've done it wrong."
Limit Break: Name Limit Break Description:

Personality:

Backstory:

Appearance:
Juliette

GF APPLICATION
Name: Ifrit
Established Connection: Juliette has had Ifrit in her possession for nearly 3 years now. At first it was strange, having something connected to her at this intense, but she has grown very fond of the creature. He tends to be rather arrogant, especially when summoned, but because of this Juliette has become a very confident student and soldier.
Element: Fire
Description:
Ifrit
Bonus:  These bonuses *must be passive* can be a stat boost or other passive ability within reason
Special Attack: HellFire Special Attack Description:

Character Journal
This is where you can choose to 'record' events or extra facts about your character for other's benefit: either from the beginning or throughout the game. If this is a new character, you are welcome to include things that their average classmate should know about them already.
A&A | FxF |

Inari

TWINS!

CHARACTER APPLICATION

Leto

Name: Leto Visburn
Enrollment Age: 7

Weapon: Oathkeeper
Weapon Description:
weapon

Specialization: Interrogation (Still in training)
Current Ranking: Cadet
Victory Motto: "It's ok, you can cry if you want to."
Limit Break: Celestial Wind
Limit Break Description: Leto will spin his partisan around to create a cyclone around and he will then slash the target multiple times for 10 seconds. (estimated total of 8-9 hits)
Personality: When he was younger he was naive about the world and was quite trusting, however as he has grown older he has learned the hard way not to trust everyone and how to hide his honest thoughts and feelings, even around his sister. These days he puts the mask of being a charming, flirtatious, gentleman that can be a very perverted, wicked and mischievous simply when he feels like it. On the inside, he is always assessing people for their intentions and worthiness to see his real self.
What shows that he is the older twin is the fact that he is quite mature for his age, refuses to rely on anyone for help and considering how he appears on the outside he is more insightful than one would think.

GF APPLICATION

GF

Name: Alexander
Established Connection:  Yet to meet him.
Element: Holy
Bonus:
Special Attack: Divine Judgement
Special Attack Description: Alexander will then open his wings to unleash holy missiles do holy damage to the enemy/s.

Senka

Name: Senka Visburn
Enrollment Age: 7

Weapon: Oathbreaker
Weapon Description:
Weapon
Talis: A fairly new piece of technology which the user can simply strap to their belt. When needed, the light machine simply needs to be taken from where it is holstered and will then eject photon cards, on command, which the user throws at their target to deal normal damage. The user can also cast spells onto such as fire, ice, blizzard, poison and silence to deal extra damage and or status effects. 
Specialization: Infiltration/Extraction and Parkour. (Still in training.)
Current Ranking: Cadet
Victory Motto: "What's wrong? Did I ruin your hair?"
Limit Break: Toxic Tears
Limit Break Description: Senka will fire multiple talis cards (roughly10-20)into the air and will cast a random status effect on them which has a 25% fail rate depending on resistance check. To finish, she will cast Esuna to remove all status effects on the party.
Personality: When she was younger she was a bit of a crybaby and was prone to being a little more emotionally sensitive than most children. However, this has changed as she has grown up. These days she tends to be more confident, teasing and playful in nature, sometimes to the point of irritation. Her heart is an open book as she believes in hiding nothing about herself and expects the same from others. What truly shows she is the younger twin is the fact that she more immature and has a hot temper compared to her brother and is dependent on him for mental and emotional support, often to the point that it has ruined any possible relationships for either of them.

GF APPLICATION

GF

Name: Dark Falz
Established Connection:  Yet to meet him.
Element: Time/Space/Dark
Bonus: .
Special Attack: Corruption of Time
Special Attack Description: Falz will call upon lances of time to hold and stop time for all enemies for approximately 10 seconds after he has vanished and cast haste on all party members.

Backstory:

Leto and Senka were born with an hour between them to loving parents who doted on them. Everything seemed perfect and set out for the family to do well. Their father had a stable job as a news anchor now the network had been reactivated for so many years and their mother simply stayed at home. Their "perfect" life was thrown into chaos when they travelled to a sea town for a holiday.

While the twins were left with the hotel's child care service their parents went out for a spot of evening sighting only to not come back. Once it was midday the staff contacted the local police who began a search for the parents. It was late evening when their bodies were found at the bottom of a cliff a few hours drive away from the town. The duo didn't realise it, but a year before the incident that took their parent's life they had applied for the twins to go to Galbadia Garden once they were twelve, however, the garden was prepared to take them early considering the circumstances.

Life was very different and hard to adjust to in Galbadia, especially considering the circumstances of their enrollment and the strict and unloving environment they now had to endure. It was when they were thirteen that they discovered what had happened to their parents and that it only took a few days for their parent's death to be classed as a cold case. This gave them both a wake-up call that made them change from generally good children to the rebellious pranksters they are now.

They have been transferred to Balamb garden because the administrators of Galbadia cannot take their antics any much longer. While their talent in class and combat is recognised they felt that their behaviour outweighed their worth as students. Galbadia does not want their training to go to waste and hope that somehow Balamb can straighten out the twins.

Character Journal
To start:

They have transferred to Balamb and rumors from Galbadia of their mischievous nature and antics have travelled ahead of them.

This is what I have so far. I am a little stuck on personality, but I will try to figure it out in time. >.<

I hope they aren't too overpowered!>.<

la dame en noir

I'm unoriginal and since I like to dance heavily - would it be okay to have her be a Dancer what duel wields long daggers?
A&A | FxF |

Revenent

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 17, 2015, 05:01:46 PM
I'm unoriginal and since I like to dance heavily - would it be okay to have her be a Dancer what duel wields long daggers?

Go for it, I say.

kckolbe

Only if Nivek gets a private show.  That was Fen's answer.  Her, uh...internet is down, and she PMed me, no, not that....called me, yeah, and said to give you that answer.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

la dame en noir

LOL oh goodness me.

I might go with Phoenix >.> But, Ifrit has always been my favorite summon - ugh

I need it fit with the character

i dont know
blah

meh
arh
A&A | FxF |

Fenrir

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 17, 2015, 05:01:46 PM

You could have a duel wield specialization (we do not have this specialization yet- and it would be limited to two of the same type weapons).  She could be duel dagger wielder (which fits into my previous ()'s... but I still feel the need to clarify stuff) with speed over power (more of a dancing fighting technique).

ALSO, PLEASE EVERYONE NOTE THE FOLLOWING THING I HAVE TO SAY: (that's not to be yelling just to let you know how important it is)
Please include all pictures in spoiler threads.  If you see my own character sheets (the first four after NPCs) it shows a good way to include the pictures in a format that follows not only the way the sheet reads (the pictures are with descriptions- or is a name that links directly to a picture) but keeps the formatting simple.  This will keep down loading times in the accepted character sheets (for if people need to reference things) but also keeps everything flowing together in the same manner.

Quote from: kckolbe on March 17, 2015, 05:03:07 PM
Only if Nivek gets a private show.  That was Fen's answer.  Her, uh...internet is down, and she PMed me, no, not that....called me, yeah, and said to give you that answer.

Lies and SLANDER!

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 17, 2015, 05:08:27 PM
LOL oh goodness me.

I need it fit with the character

i dont know
blah

meh
arh

Phoenix is currently taken by an NPC (Professor Banon) so it should make the decision simpler ;D

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

Faeli

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 17, 2015, 05:08:27 PM
LOL oh goodness me.

I am fairly sure that Phoenix is taken by one of the NPCs.  Additionally, we all like you having Ifrit due to possible conflagration-based wardrobe malfunction possibilities

la dame en noir

I just gotten word. So I will just scrap my character for now until I can come up with something.
A&A | FxF |

Fenrir

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 17, 2015, 05:13:30 PM
I just gotten word. So I will just scrap my character for now until I can come up with something.

I would not completely scrap your character just because Phoenix itself is taken - I see nothing on your sheet to warrant that: but it is your call to do as you will!  Perhaps you had more bubbling about personality and history with phoenix that did not go onto the sheet and you merely meant that... if so feel free to ignore meh!

la dame en noir

I'm not scrapping it because of that. I just want to make sure my muse is happy.
A&A | FxF |

Fenrir

Quote from: Starcry on March 17, 2015, 05:17:52 PM
Hidden all pictures in spoilers. Sorry about that!

I did notice that thank you: I don't want you to think it was directed at you personally- however your sheet did remind me of it ;D

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 17, 2015, 05:18:27 PM
I'm not scrapping it because of that. I just want to make sure my muse is happy.

Alrighty, then fair enough.  We can all relate to that, so no worries.

I'll be back later guys!  Feel free to continue posting and working on sheets, I'll still be popping in but will refrain from posting unless it's a question that needs answering (though also keep in mind Rev or TheHangedMan for questions as well)!

*scurries away to get some posts out*

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 17, 2015, 05:13:30 PM

Maybe you can use an alternative to Phoenix?

Maybe:  Ouroboros (Greek Resurrection symbol):

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Or Ganesha:

Or Osiris:

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Inari

Give your muse a kick up the bum. It's what I had to do with mine. The only reason I went with twins is because it wouldn't decide between male and female! Then I spent something like 3 hours looking for good pictures and I have only just finished what I have done now. I feel your pain. <3
Quote from: Fenrir on March 17, 2015, 05:20:30 PM
I did notice that thank you: I don't want you to think it was directed at you personally- however your sheet did remind me of it ;D
I know it wasn't a personal thing and it was just a GM general poke. ;)

TheBlackThrone

When I saw that Bahamut was taken when I was making my Dragoon, I just made my own dragon. I'm sure you can do the same for your own phoenix. Have a different name, be a phoenix, just not be the exact same type of Phoenix that the NPC has.  :-)

Also, I think the compliments they were giving your first character idea were understatements. I thought that she was hot.  ::)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

la dame en noir

Well after prepping dinner and making a snack, I was able to figure out a little bit of her personality. So I should have a character before long.
A&A | FxF |

Crash

Updated Later post....

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious