Any Wow-Heads out there?

Started by Anony Mouse, June 14, 2010, 12:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 31, 2010, 02:47:00 PM
BUT if their gear has been upgraded since the last time they logged out on that spec the webpage version can be skeweed.

It'd be fairly rare that the cached version on WH would be significantly different than the current gear - a piece or two different in most circumstances. Plus, WH does have the "live view" option, which goes in and (I believe) extracts a real-time snapshot of the person's gear setup.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 31, 2010, 02:51:39 PM
It'd be fairly rare that the cached version on WH would be significantly different than the current gear - a piece or two different in most circumstances. Plus, WH does have the "live view" option, which goes in and (I believe) extracts a real-time snapshot of the person's gear setup.

Case in point.. Ret pali asking to join. CLEARLY in t9 gear.. the 'live' version was for holy gear and the 'other spec' was in blues. It's rare.. but it happens.

Of course I have an issue relying JUST on GS. Too many folks get nazi-esque about it.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 31, 2010, 03:37:55 PM
Case in point.. Ret pali asking to join. CLEARLY in t9 gear.. the 'live' version was for holy gear and the 'other spec' was in blues. It's rare.. but it happens.

Of course I have an issue relying JUST on GS. Too many folks get nazi-esque about it.

Exactly. Between the two, though, I'm heartily in favor of the one that forces manual inspections at the worst. Raw GS doesn't take too many things into account - whether you've gemmed properly, or things like trinkets - for many classes, the I-level 200 and 213 trinkets were superior to many of the T8 and T9 trinkets/relics, or at least on par with them - but keeping them was a massive drain on total GS. When a single mod was known to cause people blowing 25-50 badges on items they never even took out of their bank except to wear before joining a PuG and removing after...yeah.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 31, 2010, 03:46:46 PM
Exactly. Between the two, though, I'm heartily in favor of the one that forces manual inspections at the worst. Raw GS doesn't take too many things into account - whether you've gemmed properly, or things like trinkets - for many classes, the I-level 200 and 213 trinkets were superior to many of the T8 and T9 trinkets/relics, or at least on par with them - but keeping them was a massive drain on total GS. When a single mod was known to cause people blowing 25-50 badges on items they never even took out of their bank except to wear before joining a PuG and removing after...yeah.

Yeah some of the later trinkents/relics/artifacts suck wind.

The Golden Touch

The problem with GS is it doesn't equal experience or player skill.  ><;

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: The Golden Touch on October 31, 2010, 05:47:53 PM
The problem with GS is it doesn't equal experience or player skill.  ><;

I prefer to think of it as player knowledge.  I have a rogue alt.. one of my old guildies has a rogue who was nearly 600 points below me but knew his rotation and was nearly 2k ahead of me.

The Golden Touch

I did a bunch of instances today before my study time, and was out DPSing and Damaging my party. >>;  I'm the tank.  Sigh.  And I am not even geared for ICC.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: The Golden Touch on October 31, 2010, 06:59:57 PM
I did a bunch of instances today before my study time, and was out DPSing and Damaging my party. >>;  I'm the tank.  Sigh.  And I am not even geared for ICC.

Been there.. done that. (before and after 3.0.1)

Lady Cathleen

I love WoW, I have Night Elf DK and I love her. I have other toons but she is my fav.

I would love for you add me to your friends, maybe later in the right forums. lol
“Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Integrity lies at the heart of leadership. Everything you do revolves around the person you are inside and is demonstrated by the things you do and say.

Arander

I am certainly anxiously awaiting the expansion. Just watched some video flyovers of Org and a few areas and the changes seem quite awesome. Looking forward to lvling my pally again. Raiding has been getting a little boring.
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

On's & Off's

Lady Cathleen

I have watched the worgen starting areas and goblin starting area and listened to their jokes and flirts, I can't wait either. I'm so excited.
*does the happy dance* :D
“Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Integrity lies at the heart of leadership. Everything you do revolves around the person you are inside and is demonstrated by the things you do and say.

Rahvun

I casually glance at gearscore for random dungeons to know if I'm going to have to pay close attention to health bars or if I can afk follow and just place a healing stream totem to do the healing. Anything more than that though... not worth it. Too many times have high GS noobs been out dpsed by others. Need to get a skillscore that gives an accurate measurement of skill =P. Perhaps something that records how many times you die to retarded things that others can see and you cant reset the count.

PS I play a resto shaman. Of all the characters I have raided with resto shaman has been the absolute funnest. Healing > dps > tanking.

Serephino

Dumb question....  How do you tell what your GS is?  I've looked and can't find it. 

Rahvun

If you have the GS addon open up your character profile. It should be in the lower left corner of your character display area.

Zaer Darkwail

Also there is addon which records who people die on boss features which can be easily avoided. Do not know addon's name tough but seen our raidleaders use it on occassion. It also marks people who move too slow from effect which does not kill you instantly.

Harrison jess

i was once addicted to this game . . . i used to be on level 57 .

Zakharra

Quote from: Harrison jess on November 02, 2010, 04:26:30 AM
i was once addicted to this game . . . i used to be on level 57 .

......... :|
    I have 5 level 80s, 3 in the 70s and 2 on the 60s.

The Golden Touch

With my gearscore about ten points off 5k, there is an ICC 10man tonight. AHHHH!

-Runs around flailing and hides under the bed-

Tanking ICC... Scary shit.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: The Golden Touch on November 02, 2010, 06:00:51 PM
With my gearscore about ten points off 5k, there is an ICC 10man tonight. AHHHH!

-Runs around flailing and hides under the bed-

Tanking ICC... Scary shit.

It's not that bad.. you should be able to do up to Saurfang with no issues with that score.. and I think you can get the 'sock puppet guys' with it easy. Beyond that.. don't know, we haven't had much luck with the others.

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 02, 2010, 06:11:24 PM
It's not that bad.. you should be able to do up to Saurfang with no issues with that score.. and I think you can get the 'sock puppet guys' with it easy. Beyond that.. don't know, we haven't had much luck with the others.

Yes, you think that, Callie....but his group probably won't be as forgiving..>_> They'll probably have too many sticks up their asses about gear score to listen.

Lyell

Put in my chara stuff in wow-heroes just to see how I shelved by character. Lots of stuff missing.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Saerrael

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2010, 01:20:44 AM
Also there is addon which records who people die on boss features which can be easily avoided. Do not know addon's name tough but seen our raidleaders use it on occassion. It also marks people who move too slow from effect which does not kill you instantly.

I hate those addons.... >.>
I actually used to stand in patches and what not to get back mana. Of course I was disc then and the tree was better for it, but still. I would stand in a patch of fire for a sec with my arc mage to get my absorption to proc.