Recruiting - A.E.G.I.S. - Demigods, Titans, and Secret Agents - OH MY!

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, September 23, 2015, 12:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

The gods have withdrawn; the Titanspawn are advancing.
Only Scions stand between the world of man and certain destruction.
Will Earth fall to chaos when the Titans break free? Will order be kept?
Will ancient secrets prove the key to saving us all?

Welcome to A.E.G.I.S., a system-lite game set in the Scion universe and using a modified version of the Scion table top game’s rules for play. What is Scion, you ask? To put it simply, Scion is a game where myths and legends are brought to life in a modern world. For those of you who have read the books or seen the movies, Scion is basically Percy Jackson and the Olympians for grownups. Characters are largely the scions (or godlings, as they’re occasionally called), children of gods from various pantheons. The pantheons permitted in this particular Scion game are: The Norse (Aesir), The Japanese (Amatsukami), The Voodoo (Loa), The Greek (Dodekatheon), The Egyptian (Pesedjet), and the Aztec (Atzlánti).

The primary adversaries for the Scions are the Titanspawn, and the Titans they serve. Like Scions are the children of the Gods, the Titanspawn are children of the Titans, the giant, surreal creatures that represent the most basic parts of our world. Light, Darkness, Earth, Fire, Water, Air, etc. The Scions clash with Titanspawn in epic battles that have been known to destroy small cities and level skyscrapers if things get out of hand.

But Scion isn’t just about epic battles and wild adventures. It’s also about myths and legends coming back to haunt the heroes of the modern world. It’s about the politics of dynamically different pantheons interacting and at times being forced to work together. It’s about Scions having to balance the needs of the world and the people who live in it against the interests of the divine. It’s about loyalties being tested, about finding oneself, and about determining if you will allow your divine parentage determine who you are what your destiny will be.

It’s about the powers of Fate and if you will fight them, or chose the path of least resistance. It’s about friendships, rivalries, love, loss, joy, rage, and those things that influence even those with the blood of gods. For more specific information on how A.E.G.I.S. will be run, please see the questionnaire below.

Questionaire
Game:

• Section the Game will be placed in and whether it is a system game or not.
    Extreme, System-Lite
  • Who is the RP open to? (Gender, Sexuality, etc..?) 
    This game is completely open. LGBTQA, any race or nationality, etc. Variety is the spice of life!
  • Short Summary of Player Roles and General Story/Plot.   
    Players will create characters that can fill various roles. From Agents to independents, to followers. Scions and mortals are permitted, though mortals unrelated to a scion PC or the agency will be accepted only on a case-by-case basis.
  • Setting.   
    This will be set in the near-future, in a world that will closely resemble our own real world, but with the added aspect that Gods from various pantheons throughout history are very real, and a secret war is brewing behind the scenes that most humans are unaware of. Please see the Plot for a general synopsis.
  • Plot Outline.       
    The game story will follow the various events occurring the world over related to the war for Earth between Titanspawn and Scions, though the guided aspect of the game will focus on the Agency's mission to find Avalon in hopes of reconnecting with the Gods.
  • Character creation info/guidelines if any.   
    This game is rated as system-lite, meaning that there will be a system in place for character creation, but there will be no dice or in depth mechanics to interfere with the writing aspect of the game. The system in place will be there to keep characters at a reasonable level of power so that no one character is dramatically over powered compared to others.
  • Required Resources:
    All information required will be provided in the Game Information thread/Wiki. Though this is based upon a table top rpg world, reading the books and researching outside of the provided information will be optional and the Storytellerss make no promise that our game world will match perfectly with the canon.
  • Game Pacing.     
    This game will not focus on how fast we can incur posts, but players participating in Adventures/World events will be expected to be reasonably active so as not to delay others involved in those plots.
  • How much sexual activity is likely to occur or expected, if any?   
    This is totally up to the players and what is expected for their characters. Sex is not meant to be a focus, but we will certainly not restrict it. Just don't go having your character have sex in a corner during a fire fight between Scions and Titanspawn and we'll be good.
  • Whether tagging will be used or not.   
    Yes. All posts MUST use the provided header, and the tag line is extremely important, as it will let people know when they need to pay attention to your post. If you don't include someone in your tag line, do not get upset if they seem to ignore your post.
Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level (If/where applicable)

• Will there be a Co-GM?
    Yes, consortium11 has been kind enough to step up and fill this role. His help is greatly appreciated.
  • How guided will the play be(sandbox, directed etc)?
    This will be largely sandbox, but there will be Adventures and World Events provided for those players who wish to be involved. At the beginning of each IC month, a calendar will be provided that will map out when these events will take place. If you are interested in these, it is important that you make sure not to start any IC play on those dates. Any days blocked out in red on the calendar are off limits for play to players until the event is launched. This is because these events are crucial to the Finding Avalon plot and will have some measure of effect on the world as a whole. Even if players chose not to participate, these World Events may still impact their character's life.
  • What extent will players be allowed to create/use environment or setting details?
    This game's setting, save a few key mythological places, will be largely based on the real world. As such, as long as the things players create are reasonable (no floating castles, please), most things will be accepted.
  • How NPC's will be handled. (If any) - (By GM and/or players, and what expectations)
    Key NPCs will be played only by the Storytellers. Other NPCs may be created by players, with each player choosing what the usage of that NPC may be. IE: If Player A creates an NPC, they may mark that NPC as free for use, or they may designate specific players (including themselves, the Storytellers, and at least one other player) permitted to use that NPC.
  • How active will the GM be?   
    Extremely. We will try to be as active as our players. Please remember that being active doesn't always mean posting IC. We may end up spending hours at a time pouring over new characters and doing behind the scenes work for events. But we are almost always available for contact when needed. BP is available via IM, PM, and OOC posts. consortium11 is available via OOC posts and PMs.
  • Will there be an OOC thread? (expectations of thread usage)
    Of course. What kind of a game would this be if there was nowhere to hold discussions, putz around, etc? This thread will be used not just for general plotting and socializing. It will also be where important announcements will be made, where people post their face claim reservations, etc. If needed, we may eventually open up a second OOC solely for plotting to cut down on the spam from socializing in the middle of it.
  • How to contact/approach GM with questions? (use OOC thread, direct PM, etc...)
    The OOC thread, Recruitment thread, or PM are all options. BP is also usually available via IMs. It is asked though, that if the OOC is very active, that you either highlight your questions in red, or just PM them.
  • How will decisions be resolved?   
    It is preferred that players work out decisions between themselves when they are small-scale. Anything large scale and/or likely to impact to any major plotlines should be run by the GMs for approval. For combat, many abilities will be determined based on comparing the character's stats vs the creature's stats. The Storytellers will provide the necessary numbers.
  • Will PvP be allowed (if applicable)? 
    Yes, if players wish to have their characters fight, they may. It is preferred that they work out between themselves, using their sheets as guides, how a fight will operate. If left up to the Storytellers to determine who wins, we will most likely make a judgement based on the sheet. If we are asked to make a decision, our decision is final.
Additional:

• A note to Respect Other players (Offs etc..)   
    Please verify that any potentially off-putting content (death, mutilation, extreme kinks, etc) be run by all players involved in a scene before you include them. Also, remember to include a content warning in your header.
  • Player Participation Expectations.
    Ideally, we want players to be able to commit to at least one post per week. Please note that this is not one post per character, but one post period. Please base your total number of characters on what you can commit time wise to the game. If you cannot keep up with more than two characters, do not create more than two. If we suspect you are taking advantage of the lack of a cap on characters, we will restrict you from creating more.
  • Discuss how new players will be brought into the game.
    This is a largely sandbox game, so the options here are limitless. If your character is an agent, it can be said that they were out on assignment since before the game started and have just returned. If they are a scion, they can become involved with the agency through a number of methods... the agency seeking them out, a chance meeting during a mission, etc. It is preferred that players find their own way in, though the Storytellers will do what they can to accommodate. Please remember, however, that events are not about your character, so we will not completely reroute an event to bring your character in to it. You will have to work with us.
  • What Writing style/POV.
    Third person, past tense. No exceptions.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Bloodied Porcelain

It’s the year 2019 and since the beginning of time, Gods have walked among humans, unbeknownst to those who worshipped them. But this story isn’t about them. This story is about the results of their temporary connections with humans they have met. This story is about the ripple effect of their relationships. This story is about their children and the people who know about them.

In its infancy, A.E.G.I.S. was a small agency operating independent of any government. They were responsible for stopping assassination attempts, preventing a third World War, shutting down dangerous international spy rings, and even in some cases helping along the destabilization of tyrannical governments, allowing revolutions to get off the ground. They were a group of well-meaning people intent on ensuring the survival of the human race and minimizing losses when it was clear war could not be avoided. They operated in various  capacities, from information gathering, to monitoring government programs, and even facilitated and executed a few assassinations when necessary.

As the digital age began to dawn, however, the agency grew, and it was only a matter of time before they became increasingly aware of events that were, in a word… unnatural. Small towns would vanish overnight, outbreaks of “miracles” and UFO sightings would suddenly skyrocket. While most of the world explained these away as coincidence or self-fulfilling prophecies as human behavior patterns adapted to mimic each other and spread more and more reports of strange occurrences, A.E.G.I.S. operatives began to notice patterns that couldn’t simply be explained away.

It was Probationary Agent Ana El-Amin who first put the pieces together and brought evidence before her superiors that things were not what they seemed in these supposedly isolated incidents. It wouldn’t be until 1997 before there was enough firm evidence of human beings with superhuman gifts for the agency to move, but once the evidence was in hand, they sent agents in in an attempt to diffuse an already volatile and potentially deadly situation in South Africa. By then Agent El-Amin had proven herself to be a capable and dedicated Field Agent, and as she attempted to diffuse the situation between a person she would later learn called themselves a godling and another person referred to as a titanspawn, she was struck with what she could only call a vision. Agent Ana El-Amin was one of the very people she had been sent to investigate.

The Agency was faced with the option of either exposing the world of the godlings and titanspawn, reveal that all these events in human history were less about humans and more about something else, or to help cover up what had resulted in the decimation of another small town. In the end, it was decided that this secret was too big, too poignant, and too likely to cause mass hysteria to be revealed. Since that incident in 1998, the agency has been working both directly and indirectly with the godlings, or Scions as they have come to be referred to by officials within the Agency, to both cover up the damage and chaos that might result from their actions, and to enable them to fight a war that has been waging behind the scenes for years.

In 2001 the Scions became faced with a curious dilemma. Not only were the titanspawn continuing to wage war on them, but all contact had been lost with the overworld… the places where the Gods themselves lived. None of them had any contact with their divine parents and they were suddenly left with little to no guidance from Valhalla, Olympus, or any of the other divine homes. The war was still waging and they had suddenly lost their advisors and generals.

Left to themselves, they have had to pick up the pieces and look after their own more closely, as well as chose new leaders among themselves.

A scion now sits as the Director of A.E.G.I.S., and Agent Ana El-Amin has become Deputy Director, serving in a capacity to advise and help strategize while a new generation of Scions is beginning to surface around the world in the midst of a divine war and the threat that it carries with it…

That the Titans, locked away so long ago, are growing ever closer to breaking out of their prisons.

Finding Avalon...
Metaplot

Avalon is little more than the obscure notion of a mystical land in European legend. It’s rarely explored in depth in the ancient texts, and is in fact often written off as a fantasy or nickname for the faerie realm. But recent research by scholarly Scions have come to show that it might not be such a myth, after all. There is some suspicion that Avalon might actually be a real place. The general consensus among this small group of scholars is that Avalon is something of a stepping stone between the mortal world and the overworld (the realms of the Gods), and that finding Avalon might be the key to restoring the Gods to the world which they have been cut off from, allowing them to aide in the battle against the Titans, who grow ever closer to breaking free from their Prisons.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Bloodied Porcelain

Content rating
The game is in Extreme. This is mainly to accommodate any violence that may occur in the game, but extends to sexual content as well. NC and Extreme play is only allowed with full player consent. All headers should have a "Content Warning" line specifying what kind of extreme material is included in the post.

Joining/Expressing Interest
  • Every player must fill out a character sheet to be considered for the game.
  • If you have an unusual character idea that may not "fit", please PM the GM(s) with the idea before making your sheet. We don't want to have you waste your time on an idea that will never work. That said, you may end up presenting an idea we sincerely love and want to see made in to a full fledged character, so don't be afraid to come to us.
  • Post any face claims you might wish to use ASAP.
  • To start, only two characters will be permitted per player. This cap will be lifted after the initial rush of character submissions is over.
Posting
  • Every post should have a header with tag information. Tag information code is in the first post of every IC thread for reference and can be found at the bottom of this post.
  • Adding list items to the tag is perfectly alright (such as "wearing" or "listening to").
  • Tag images are to be 150x200px. If you need your picture cropped or resized, please feel free to ask in the OOC and either a GM or a player will take care of it for you.
  • Posts are expected to consist of actual content that provides material for partners to respond to other than dialogue alone. 'One-liners' are not acceptable.
  • Players who cannot on average post once per week may want to take smaller roles or not join. We are aware that RL happens and sometimes you will not be able to meet this pace, but if you can never meet it, this is probably not the game for you.
  • Godmodding, MetaGaming and PowerGaming is not tolerated.
  • Killing characters (PC or NPC) is not allowed without GM approval and full player consent.
  • Use common sense in regard to posting order. Let everyone in the scene reply before you post again unless something else has been agreed upon.

Post Header

Name
Date | Time:
Event:
Content:

Header Code
[float=left][img padding=5][/img][/float][b]Name[/b]: 
[b]Date | Time[/b]:
[b]Location[/b]:
[b]Tagging[/b]:
[b]Event[/b]:
[b]Content[/b]:
[hr]

Out of Character
  • Be respectful and considerate.
  • Leave OOC out of IC, and remember IC does not equal a player's OOC.
  • The GM(s) welcome input, suggestions, and want to hear about any concerns you may have. Please feel free to bring them to us. However in the end, GM word is law and you are expected to respect all final rulings.
  • Deal with conflict via PM's. Deal with conflict, don't let things bug you until you explode. Let the GM's in on what's happening if dealing with it doesn't seem to be working out. Perfectly fine to include the GM's from the start too.
  • Any information or input players have on game-canon things may be PM'd to the GM's. Whether or not these will be used depends on several factors but once game-canon has been firmly established it is unlikely it will be altered to any lengths even if real-life facts differ from it. (The GM's do not pretend to be experts on any of the subjects brought about in the game and might do shout outs for information at times, which are of course exceptions to this.)

Face Claims
  • Face Claims must be noted in both the character sheet and the claims thread.
  • Claims must make use of a celebrity, model, or other public figure. No unidentified "selfies" please.
  • All face claims muse be 18+
  • Submit your face claim in the OOC or Recruitment thread as soon as you decide who you want to use. This is to cut down on confusion or potential hurt feelings with other players.

CODE
Copy the code below and fill in with your information.

[center][color=red][size=14pt][font=georgia][b]FACE CLAIM[/b][/font][/size][/color][/center]

[code][font=georgia][b]Name Of Celebrity[/b] looks just like [color=maroon][i]Name Of Character[/i][/color][/font]

Bloodied Porcelain

Bloodied Porcelain

Muse

Oh!  May I play please? 

I confess I'd have  a lot more fun if we were actualy going to use those dice from time to time, but this should be fun anyway.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Toggle

Painfully interested, I love Scion, and the setting you've presented intrigues me!

BitterSweet

As you might suspect from my question yesterday, I'm interested ;)   Demigods in that awkward between place of human and not so much?  Sounds good to me!

And:

Diego Luna looks just like Estevan Rojas

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Muse on September 23, 2015, 02:13:02 PM
  Oh!  May I play please? 

I confess I'd have  a lot more fun if we were actualy going to use those dice from time to time, but this should be fun anyway.  :)

Yay! Glad to see you showing interest. :)

Quote from: Toggle on September 23, 2015, 02:23:41 PM
Painfully interested, I love Scion, and the setting you've presented intrigues me!

Woohoo! Happy to hear it. :) I'm still a bit new to Scion myself, but I've fallen utterly in to obsession with it.

Quote from: BitterSweet on September 23, 2015, 02:34:45 PM
As you might suspect from my question yesterday, I'm interested ;)   Demigods in that awkward between place of human and not so much?  Sounds good to me!

And:

Diego Luna looks just like Estevan Rojas

Noted! I will get your claim up on the list when I'm back at my pc. :)

Quote from: AndyZ on September 23, 2015, 02:43:14 PM
Keeping an eye on this.

:)

Valerian

Too tempting.  One of my favorite tabletop characters was Bastet, after she'd been thrown into modern times with much of her power gone and had to start struggling to regain worshippers and her abilities.  So it would be seriously cool to play her daughter.   ;D
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Valerian on September 23, 2015, 05:17:29 PM
Too tempting.  One of my favorite tabletop characters was Bastet, after she'd been thrown into modern times with much of her power gone and had to start struggling to regain worshippers and her abilities.  So it would be seriously cool to play her daughter.   ;D

YAY! It would be awesome to have you. :) I have wanted to rp with you for ages! ^.^

Valerian

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 23, 2015, 05:33:01 PM
YAY! It would be awesome to have you. :) I have wanted to rp with you for ages! ^.^
Well, here I am and I'll try not to disappoint.  ::)  And I guess I'd better get going on this character sheet...
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Valerian on September 23, 2015, 05:48:15 PM
Well, here I am and I'll try not to disappoint.  ::)  And I guess I'd better get going on this character sheet...

*giggle* It's no rush. I want to make sure we have enough for at least one solid "field" group before I go to official recruitment status. That said, if you want to start, I certainly won't stop you! :D

consortium11

*Stands around looking important as the co-GM before waving to everyone who's interested*

BitterSweet

Quote from: Valerian on September 23, 2015, 05:17:29 PM

I have a black thumb with BB code so I'll be interesting to see if I can get the character sheet done without totally borking it.

Styracosaur

I think this looks neat!  I'll have to take a closer look at everything, but, um, yeah, I'm interested. 

consortium11

It should be mentioned that if you're struggling with the character sheet... either in terms of the BBcode or getting your head around the character creation system... please feel free to get in touch with me and/or BP and we'll do what we can to help you out.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: BitterSweet on September 23, 2015, 06:43:25 PM
I have a black thumb with BB code so I'll be interesting to see if I can get the character sheet done without totally borking it.

Quote from: consortium11 on September 23, 2015, 06:46:23 PM
It should be mentioned that if you're struggling with the character sheet... either in terms of the BBcode or getting your head around the character creation system... please feel free to get in touch with me and/or BP and we'll do what we can to help you out.

^^ This. Please don't be afraid to send us the sheet even if the code is borked. I don't mind prettying it up for you. :)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Styracosaur on September 23, 2015, 06:46:13 PM
I think this looks neat!  I'll have to take a closer look at everything, but, um, yeah, I'm interested.

Oops, overlooked this! Glad to hear you're interested! :D

The Dark Raven

I am tentatively interested, due to RL time constraints.  I might play, might just read...depends on what my life does. <3

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

BitterSweet

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 23, 2015, 07:39:21 PM
^^ This. Please don't be afraid to send us the sheet even if the code is borked. I don't mind prettying it up for you. :)

It seems to be my special talent.  We all have one :/

Sindra

*Slips in with beverages and snacks*  I'm in!  I love Scion a bunches  ;D

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: The Dark Raven on September 23, 2015, 08:05:27 PM
I am tentatively interested, due to RL time constraints.  I might play, might just read...depends on what my life does. <3

Come to the dark side, we haz cookies!

Quote from: Sindra on September 23, 2015, 09:35:17 PM
*Slips in with beverages and snacks*  I'm in!  I love Scion a bunches  ;D

YAY! *noms beverages and snacks* I love my Sinny. :D

Bloodied Porcelain

Announcement

As a note, it was brought to my attention that I left out a blurb in the Relics post. Please note that all relics are allowed to have a single special ability (or if you have purchased an upgrade for your relic to allow it to have additional purviews, you may have a single special ability for each purview). These abilities must be within reason, and are subject to GM approval/tweaking if we think it's too powerful. Common abilities might be things like a gun that never runs out of bullets or a sword that never needs to be sharpened. It should also be noted that relics are, unless specifically stated otherwise, indestructible, so don't try to use that as a special ability/quality.

Styracosaur

To throw this in here:

FACE CLAIM

Dave Bautista looks just like Andreas Panagakos

Thanks!

Bloodied Porcelain

Claims have been updated. :) We also have our first player-submitted sheet in already. Holy wow, guys. :D

Hades

Toggle

Tomorrow is my day off, so I'll be doing stuff then.  Was there a Legend rating you intended people to start at?  I saw that someone had Epic Manip 4, which suggests Legend 5. 

Bloodied Porcelain

Once you read the world building/game info thread, you'll find that there is, in fact, no legend rating at all

Muse

How are you handling Willpower for these charts?  I noticed you weren't using the Virtues, and that a dot of willpower costs a great deal. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

consortium11

Quote from: Muse on September 25, 2015, 03:22:46 AM
  How are you handling Willpower for these charts?  I noticed you weren't using the Virtues, and that a dot of willpower costs a great deal.

The section on Willpower is at the bottom of this post. Every character starts with Willpower 2 unless one spends bonus points to boost it.

Muse

Thank you, i missed that one. 

I'm wrestling with a concept right now, trying to make some elements come together. 

I'm envisioning a big guy/strong man physicality.  Someone who can get into a toe to toe knockdwn drag out with a giant and hold his own, even come out on top depending on the giant.  He's not exceptioanly agile, but might have a degree of superhuman skill--in the form of arate--to help him out. 

I'm envisioning that he's somewhat domineering sexualy, too the point where he might be involved in dubious consent situtaitons if the mood of the game and writing partner was aporpriate. 

In looking for elements to further expand upon his personality--and what he does besides fight and seduce--I actualy started to play with the idea that he was involved in literature and the humanities in some fashion, like a professor, an actor, or a writer.  Part of this was me flashing on Hank McCoy/Beast--as portrayed in the 90s X-men cartoon--frequenty quoting some classical work in some way relevent to the situation.  In Beast's case, it tended to make people who didn't know him do a double take because someone so animalistic was also so sophisticated.  It would be fun for the same reason with this guy because he was a 'bad boy.' 

Just sharing my thoughts. 

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Muse on September 25, 2015, 04:00:51 AM
  Thank you, i missed that one. 

I'm wrestling with a concept right now, trying to make some elements come together. 

I'm envisioning a big guy/strong man physicality.  Someone who can get into a toe to toe knockdwn drag out with a giant and hold his own, even come out on top depending on the giant.  He's not exceptioanly agile, but might have a degree of superhuman skill--in the form of arate--to help him out. 

I'm envisioning that he's somewhat domineering sexualy, too the point where he might be involved in dubious consent situtaitons if the mood of the game and writing partner was aporpriate. 

In looking for elements to further expand upon his personality--and what he does besides fight and seduce--I actualy started to play with the idea that he was involved in literature and the humanities in some fashion, like a professor, an actor, or a writer.  Part of this was me flashing on Hank McCoy/Beast--as portrayed in the 90s X-men cartoon--frequenty quoting some classical work in some way relevent to the situation.  In Beast's case, it tended to make people who didn't know him do a double take because someone so animalistic was also so sophisticated.  It would be fun for the same reason with this guy because he was a 'bad boy.' 

Just sharing my thoughts.

He certainly sounds like he'll be fun to see in action. :) Beast was one of my favorite characters in the old comics. ^.^

Bloodied Porcelain

Announcement

My amazing co-GM has finished up getting the blue prints that represent the basic layout of A.E.G.I.S. HQ. They can be found at the bottom of this post.

He's also written a walkthrough guide for those who may be struggling to make sense of the system mechanics of the game. It can be found Here

Muse

*Sighes*  I am drawing so many blanks. 

I need to grab a diferent picture and back way up. 

B.P., do you have any body builder images you really like? 

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Muse on September 25, 2015, 10:02:25 AM

Personally? Not really, it's a rarity I jump for the bulky muscled dudes. But if you're looking for a good buff sort, you could look in Tom Hardy, especially as he looked in Warrior. He's not my favorite face claim, but he's the first buff face claim that comes to mind. :)

ElvenKitten

Thinking a scion of Loki, someone a bit playful and manipulative. Probably the sort that will flirt with anyone friend or foe.

Bloodied Porcelain

It would be worth noting that we already have two characters who are manipulation heavy. If you're sold on a Scion of Loki, I'd likely lean toward a magic user and go mind-heavy, rather than social. We won't automatically turn down another manipulator, but the events/adventures characters will be going on will require more than just people who can talk a lot. :)

Muse

Marie Reynolds

I am potentially interested. Would a support character such as a healer be welcome also the character might not be field agent quality would that be a problem?

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on September 25, 2015, 12:19:00 PM
I am potentially interested. Would a support character such as a healer be welcome also the character might not be field agent quality would that be a problem?

Certainly, support characters are welcome, especially healers, since we don't have any of those at the moment. :) Just be aware that your character might end up having to sit out the more dangerous parts of the missions, or at least hang back while others take care of the baddies. Then yours could rush in and fix people up. :D

Marie Reynolds

I am okay with that. So are  the Tuatha  De Dannan allowed to be played?

Bloodied Porcelain

No. Please read through the world information thread. Only the original "big six" pantheons from the hero book are allowed.

BitterSweet

Quote from: Muse on September 25, 2015, 10:02:25 AM

There's also Dwayne Johson (the rock) and Vin Disel

Muse

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: BitterSweet on September 25, 2015, 01:45:36 PM
There's also Dwayne Johson (the rock) and Vin Disel

Oooh, those are also good ideas. I can't believe I hadn't thought of them, cause I like them way way way more than Hardy. xD

Quote from: Muse on September 25, 2015, 01:51:08 PM
How about Jason Momoa? 

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2013/12/jason-momoa.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/fp/Jason+Momoa+LAFF+2011+Devil+Double+Special+lHhy0zLJzx1l.jpg

I think I can work well with this guy, but i'd like to please the ladies.  :) 

Momoa is okay, though I have to be in a particular mood to like him. Personally, I think you should stop worrying so much about "what the ladies like" and just pick based on what suits the character in your head.

Muse

*Smiles* I frequenty take the process from character at start, finishing with picture. 

In this case, I'm kind of working from all directions at once. 

But I think Jason Momoa is working for this concept.  So if you think you'll find him pleasing as the visual face for what I hope will prove to be good writing, I'd like to register him as a face claim. 

(B.P., I was originaly trying to work with a one of your native american guy images.  Do they not strike you as 'buff'?  ) 

consortium11

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 25, 2015, 01:53:05 PMPersonally, I think you should stop worrying so much about "what the ladies like" and just pick based on what suits the character in your head.

I didn't quite do it this time (Jake Gyllenhaal may not win many "world's hottest man" competitions but he's hardly paper bag material either) but I do keep intending to run a character who would generally be considered ugly. In truth I wasn't that far off picking Toby Jones as my face-claim for this story.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Muse on September 25, 2015, 02:00:06 PM
  *Smiles* I frequenty take the process from character at start, finishing with picture. 

In this case, I'm kind of working from all directions at once. 

But I think Jason Momoa is working for this concept.  So if you think you'll find him pleasing as the visual face for what I hope will prove to be good writing, I'd like to register him as a face claim. 

(B.P., I was originaly trying to work with a one of your native american guy images.  Do they not strike you as 'buff'?  )

Make sure you fill out the face claim thing and post it up here in this thread and I will update the list when I get back to doing stuff here.

As for my Native American guys... with the exception of one or two, no, I wouldn't put most of them on the "buff" scale. Muscled, for sure, but not bulky body builder types. Most of them have nice toned but not too big builds, like swimmers. 

Muse

*smiles*  Thank you.  My question was intended to make me a better comunciator.  :)  You helped. 

Muse

FACE CLAIM

[font=georgia][b]Jason Momoa[/b] looks just like [color=maroon][i]Zane Mathews.[/i][/color][/font]

Bloodied Porcelain

Announcement

Since we've had such a great amount of interest, I figure it's time to turn this to an official recruitment thread. :) Please feel free to send in sheets whenever you're ready, or to ask questions/make comments.

Also, we have an official OOC thread now. It can be found here

Kuroneko

Jang Dong Gun looks just like Matsumoto Danjiro

[font=georgia][b]Jang Dong Gun[/b] looks just like [color=maroon][i]Matsumoto Danjiro[/i][/color][/font]
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Kuroneko on September 27, 2015, 12:38:34 PM
Jang Dong Gun looks just like Matsumoto Danjiro

[font=georgia][b]Jang Dong Gun[/b] looks just like [color=maroon][i]Matsumoto Danjiro[/i][/color][/font]

Added to the face claims list and updated the claims over all. :)

Praxis

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: RedPhoenix on September 28, 2015, 01:15:12 AM
Okay very late for me to be trying to write a character sheet but I'm going to post interest and also say...

FACE CLAIM

[font=georgia][b]Rihanna[/b] looks just like [color=maroon][i]Nessie Morant[/i][/color][/font]

Yay! I added your claim to the list. :) Welcome to the game!

Quote from: Praxis on September 28, 2015, 10:39:57 AM
Building as of now.  :)

w00t! Let us know when you have a face claim picked out.

Bloodied Porcelain

We're seeing a lot of great sheets and concept notes being submitted! Some I've had time to reply to, some are still pending, but all will be answered ASAP! :)

Ghostraven

Hi,
This looks very interesting. I'll see if I can figure out a character concept and character creation rules; assuming your still looking for additional players.

TTYL

Ghostraven

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Ghostraven on September 29, 2015, 07:47:34 PM
Hi,
This looks very interesting. I'll see if I can figure out a character concept and character creation rules; assuming your still looking for additional players.

TTYL

Ghostraven

We are certainly looking! The only thing I'm sort of urging new players to stay away from is manipulation-centric characters. We already have a few of those, and don't want many more at this time. :D Please let us know if you need help.

Ghostraven

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 29, 2015, 07:52:22 PM
We are certainly looking! The only thing I'm sort of urging new players to stay away from is manipulation-centric characters. We already have a few of those, and don't want many more at this time. :D Please let us know if you need help.

Ok; the rough idea in my head wasn't a manipulation-centric character so that shouldn't be an issue. :-)
I'll try and have a face claim and at least a more fully thought out character concept, if not a sheet by the end of the week.

TTYL

Ghostraven

Muse

Good I get some feedback please?  :) 

Mostly want to know if I'm doing my birthrights correctly. 

~BASICS~

Name: Evan Hankins
Code Name: Vorcelhawk
Aliases: If your character has any other identities they’ve used/are using
Pantheon: Dodekatheon
God: Zeus
Position/Occupation: Field Operative (Combat Specialist) and Researcher
Education: Before being recruited, Evan had completed his masters degree in Literature from Collorado State University at Denver. 
Dossier Flags: If your character is a godling or regularly involved with them, there’s a chance they have a dossier. Are there any types of flags on the dossier? Is your character involved in illegal activities? Do they have flags after their psych eval pointing to narcissism?

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 275lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Stormcloud Grey
Character Model:

General Appearance: (This can be a few sentences, or several paragraphs. Include things not covered above: What does your character usually wear? How do they carry themselves?)

Distinguishing Characteristics:

~STATS~

Replace all # with your character’s score. If they don’t have a score in that Attribute or ability, replace the # with a 0. Remember all Attributes start at 1, so you are adding your points to that.

ATTRIBUTES

Strength  5
Dexterity  2
Stamina  4

Charisma  3
Manipulation  2
Appearance  4

Perception  1
Intelligence  4
Wits  2

ABILITIES

Academics  3
Animal Ken  0
Art  0
Athletics  3
Awareness  1
Brawl  1
Command  3
Control  1

Craft 0
Empathy  1
Fortitude  3
Integrity  1
Investigation  1
Larceny  0
Marksmanship  0
Medicine  0

Melee  3
Occult  3
Politics  1
Presence  3
Science: Computers  1
Stealth  0
Survival  0
Thrown  1

Willpower:  2

EPIC ATTRIBUTES
Epic Attribute:  Appearence 1
   Come Hither
Epic Attribute:  Inteligence 1
   Fast Learner
Epic Attribute:  Stamina 3
   Damage Conversion
   Holy Fortitude
   Self Healing
Epic Attribute:  Strength 3
   Holy Bound
   Hurl to the Horizon
   Uplifting Might

• Knack Name - Description

PURVIEWS
Purview:  #
  • Boon Name - Description
Arate: Academics 1
Arate: Melee 1
Sky 3: Storm Augmentation

BIRTHRIGHTS

• Ouranó Baltás, the Sky Cleaver - Sky
    Description
This battle axe, forged by Hephaestus himself from thunder-struck iron, is of supnerturaly high quality, and is rugged enough to be used by a man with god-like strength. 
   It has power over storms, should it's weilder learn to harness it. 
   Seth may call Ouranó Baltás to his hand from any source of electricity. 
  • Díkaios Aspída - Justice
    Description
This targe (round shield) appears and dispears from the tatoo on Evan's forearm.   It gives him acess to the Justice purview.  It's also his knockout weapon of choice. 
~DETAILS~

Family: Ewin Hankins (Paternal Grandfather)
   Jed Hankins (Father)
   Melisa Hankins (Mother)
   Calvin Hankins (Elder Brother, 27)
   Paige Hankins (Sister in Law, 25)
      Marigold Hankins (Niece, 6)
      Elisa Hankins (Niece, 3) 
   Nathaniel Hanckins (Younger Brother, 22)
   Ester and Elizabeth Hanks (19 year old twin sisters.) 
   Lisa Hankins (Youngest Sister, 17) 

Personality: (What are the main personality traits of your character? How do they interact with the world around them? This is the place to include flaws as well as strengths.)

History:   People have often expressed surprise that this well spoken Casanova was born and backwater town in the Rockies, slowly dying from the exhaustion of the coal mine. 
   Jed Hankins knew the sable haired baby with eyes like the storms that roll down the mountains at sunset wasn't his own.  After loosing his job at the mine, he'd fallen into a bottle.  Melisa left him with Calvin.  They'd had been separated for over a year—during which time he sobered up and found other employment--and she was seven months pregnant when they reunited.  Jed raised the boy as his own, and it was many years before Evan came to suspect that Jed was not his father by blood. 
   They grew up in hard times.  As much as Evan loved to read and study, his family needed him to do some fairly hard manual labor to help keep up the house.  He first developed his prodigious muscle cording wood and pumping bellows for grandfather Ewin's forge. 
   Evan was one of the few people—especially kids—in town to use his library card—or his internet connection.  Seemingly inexhaustible, he still had time to pursue the two of the three As that keep people in small towns from dying of boredom: Alcohol (well, he goes easy on this one, his father's cautious respect for the bottle rubbed off), Athletics, and Adultery.  He played football—“because it's borning in the bleachers”--and was popular with several girls his age. 
   Evan went to college on student loans, and was the first one in his otherwise self educated at best family to pursue a liberal arts degree.  Like many young people out on their own, Evan went wild for a while.  HE discovered that he was actually quite a bit more popular with the fairer sex in college than he had been at home.  His blend of handsome physique, intelligence, and just the right number of innocently self-negligent habits (like walking barefoot in the snow) drew wild hearted college girls gone wild like a moth to a flame. 
   It was only when the novelty of Evan's allure started to wear off that he got serious about pursuing dalliances.  He discovered—with a lot of help from his reading—that a lot of girls' who wouldn't otherwise be interested could be seduced with just the right amount of aggressive affection.  A whole lot of others just needed an assertive man to bring them out of their various shells. 
   At the age of 21, Evan's father introduced himself to Evan in a bar at Boulder—after buying the party.  He took Evan aside too give him a few gifts—most noticeably an ax, a shield, and the strength of a god.  This was just before three Horsemen smashed open the front door of the bar and carried off Evan's two dates.  Evan wound up having to make some incredible leaps—more on par with the Incredible Hulk than with Monkey—too chase them down. 
   Aegis agents researching the Horseman contacted Evan a few months later, and after graduation Evan applied to the Agency. 

Likes:  Wooing and winning intelligent and beautiful women.  Literary and philosophical discussion.  A hard day's working or fighting followed by a quite night by a warm fire with a Kendall full of classical literature and modern speculative fiction. 
Dislikes:  Deliberate ignorance—especially people who try and shame someone for enjoying themselves.  He has some arguments with Nietzsche, but generally agrees—even though he knows their is an after life, that this life should be enjoyed.  False modesty miffs him.  People who hold themselves back for the same reason active anger him. 
Hobbies:
Fears and Phobias: The long term loss of his mental faculties, or of his sight. 
Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.0
   Evan is heterosexual and polyamorous.  He is dominant and assertive to the point that skirts upon offensive to modern sensibility. 

Extraneous Information:

Bonus Points:
6   Sky 3: Storm Augmentation
Did I do my boons correctly?  If not, I'll use the remaining points to fix them.  If not, they'll go to Melee 4 and and epic charisma. 

consortium11

Hi Muse, a couple of quick thoughts on what I've seen.

1) Just one point on the lore; the Gods disappeared back in 2001 (so 18 or so years ago). As such Zeus wouldn't have been able to contact Evan himself when Evan was 21 (as he's only 24 now); someone else would have had to provide him his birthrights and explain things to him.

2) Looking at Purviews/Boons your Purview score (i.e. the Sky 3 on your sheet) comes from the number of Boons you have, not the number of points you spend on Boons. As such as Evan only has a single Boon from Sky, he only has a Purview score of 1, despite purchasing a Boon that normally costs 3.

3) On Birthrights/Purviews, in this game one doesn't automatically get access to the Pantheon specific Purview (in your case Arete). So if you want to use the Arete purview you need to have a relic which allows access to it, which at the moment you don't. The easiest solution is probably just to switch which Purview Díkaios Aspída gives access to; currently it's set for Justice but you're not using any Justice Boons and as such you could easily switch it to Arete.

4) On the Birthrights specifically, giving Ouranó Baltás power over storms may be a touch too much, even if it only comes eventually. If mechanically you're happy to put a lot of the extra points you get over the course of the game into upgrading it (representing Evan learning to master the power) rather than other things and roleplay wise show him spending a lot of time honing that ability at the expense of other training/recreation then we'll likely be happy with it but otherwise I suspect having both that and the ability to come to hand wherever there's electricity may be a bit too powerful.

5) On the basis that you make the above mentioned changes (swapping Justice for Arete and changing Sky 3 to say Sky 1) you don't need to spend any points sorting them out and so can get a level in Epic Charisma (and thus a Knack) and an extra point in Melee.

Basically it seems you've got the gist of it and any mechnical changes that need to be made are both minor and simple... and I made the same mistake about how Purview scores worked the first time I made a character so great minds clearly think alike! Outside of those points there's a little bit of formatting that needs to be changed but otherwise it looks largely good to go once you've filled in the blank sections.

Ninja edited dates

Bloodied Porcelain

Actually, the Gods disappeared in 2001. The game picks up in 2019, so it's been 18 Years. >.> *nitpicks*

And I think the "power over storms" bit he was getting at was that it's linked to his Sky purview, which would give him the ability to call down storms (storm augmentation). Bearing in mind this doesn't give one complete control, but is somewhat similar to Thor in the Marvel Comics, in that he can call down lightning to augment his attacks and the like. So it seems to me it's more bad wording than anything else. That said, if he honestly does intend total control over the storm, I agree that's over the top and would need to be toned down.

As a second note, I'm a bit iffy on the tattoo-to-shield ability. It's neat, but I think it might be a bit too much. Perhaps it could be something like Percy's shield in Percy Jackson, where it's a watch/bracelet that will expand out in to a shield? This way it's a physical item that there is a chance he might lose. We don't want to make people immune to the threat of misplacing/having their Relic taken from them. Not that we're planning on something like this to happen in the story, but you know. It's a weakness everyone should have to some degree. :)

I honestly don't have time to look over the rest of the sheet right this second, but those were the two things I wanted to touch on because there has been some confusion over the God's disappearance and it was the birthrights we were asked to look at. :)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: RedPhoenix on October 01, 2015, 12:05:11 AM
Relinquishing Rihanna as a face claim. Still going to try to make a character but gonna start over.

Updated :)

ANNOUNCEMENT

A new GM NPC has been posted here. Kenna Williams is an important NPC that ALL A.E.G.I.S. agents are likely to know. She's the welcome wagon most of them meet, she's the control officer that usually deals with them (or oversees the agent that acts as their direct control officer) when they're in the field, and frankly... she's sort an un-ignorable force. She's human, however, so she doesn't come with any superpowers outside of being incredibly intelligent and cute. :D

AndyZ

I am blanking on an awesome code name.  Best I've come up with so far are Arrow and the shudderworthy Huntress.  Suggestions very welcome.

~BASICS~

Name: Sandra Nocturne
Code Name:
Aliases: Sandra Kyleson (Birth name)
God: Artemis (Stepmom), Aphrodite (Likely biological)
Position/Occupation: Field Agent
Education: Highschool dropout
Dossier Flags: Requires a strange degree of independence and cooperation to work to best effect.  Has some trust issues.  Sensitive about her intelligence and hates being called a dumb blonde.  Psych reports suggest that profile changes suggest a desire for independence the less feminine she dresses, and for more socializing when she's taken pains on her appearance.

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 120 lb.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Character Model: Candice Swanepoel

General Appearance: Although Sandra often wears jeans and more rustic clothing, it's not at all uncommon for her to get all girly in beautiful dresses, or run the gamut from au natural to completely dolled up, depending on her mood.  She's commented before that if she could make her hair grow at will, she'd find ways to make it match.

On more fashionable days, she doesn't often do a great job in following trends, but seems to get a little better with each attempt.

Distinguishing Characteristics: (scars, tattoos, etc).  None, except if a lack of piercings marks her as unusual in this day and age.

~STATS~

Replace all # with your character’s score. If they don’t have a score in that Attribute or ability, replace the # with a 0. Remember all Attributes start at 1, so you are adding your points to that.

ATTRIBUTES

Strength  3
Dexterity  5
Stamina  3

Charisma  3
Manipulation  2
Appearance  4

Perception  2
Intelligence  3
Wits  2

ABILITIES

Academics  1
Animal Ken  1
Art  #
Athletics  4
Awareness  4
Brawl  1
Command  #
Control  (Automobiles) 2

Craft  #
Empathy  2
Fortitude  1
Integrity  1
Investigation  1
Larceny  #
Marksmanship  4
Medicine  2

Melee  #
Occult  1
Politics  #
Presence  2
Science  #
Stealth  2
Survival  4
Thrown  #

EPIC ATTRIBUTES
Epic Attribute:  Dexterity 2
  • Cat's Grace - This Knack imbues a Scion with the uncanny ability to remain on his feet despite treacherous terrain or an enemy’s best attempts to knock him down. For instance, a character with this Knack never suffers knockdown from an attack. The character still suffers the damage, but he remains on his feet. Furthermore, a character with this Knack ignores unstable footing and treacherous terrain. He still suffers speed penalties for moving through ankle to knee deep water or mud, but suffers no penalties on other terrain.
  • Trick Shooter - Not only do the Scion’s Epic Dexterity bonus successes add to his Marksmanship, he now doubles his accuracy if he takes time to aim as well. What’s more, the Scion can disarm an opponent with a ranged attack or mark the opponent without causing them harm. A character must take time to Aim in order to do this, though. If a character fires from the hip or blazes away in a cordite-reeking, brass-raining, muzzle-strobing gunfight, only bonuses from his Epic Dexterity apply.

Epic Stamina: 1

• Holy Fortitude - The character is the epitome of the holy ascetic. The periods for which she is able to go without food, water and sleep all double. The amount of time she is able to work at a strenuous task without stopping also doubles.

Epic Perception: 2

• Predatory Focus - The Scion is a hunter par excellence. He can track his prey by scent alone or by almost-invisible physical signs. With this Knack, the hunter can follow his prey across any sort of terrain as long as the prey continues to flee and does not take significant pains to mask its scent or minimize the disturbance its passing causes. (The former entails such extremes as swimming a mile upstream in a rushing river or taking refuge inside a functioning hog-rendering plant. The latter includes little short of levitating or flying.)

• Subliminal Warning - Whenever the Scion enters an area where an ambush is waiting, even if he has no reason to suspect he’s in danger, certain tiny clues set his subconscious on edge, preparing him for an attack. When the attacker finally springs the surprise assault, the Scion hears the tiniest rustle of fabric, sees the slightest flicker in his peripheral vision or feels the gentlest twitch of displaced air, and the clues he already noticed all add up.

Epic Wits: 1
  • Meditative Focus - Whether she’s hunkered down behind a burning car in a war zone, caught out on the yard during a prison riot, stranded on the crowded deck of a storm-tossed ship or just mall-walking during the frenzied heights of the Christmas rush, the character never loses her cool. No matter what’s happening, she keeps her mind on what she’s doing while maintaining sufficient vigilance to avoid getting caught up in the hubbub all around her. As such, the character is able to tune out environmental  distractions.

PURVIEWS
Purview:  Health 1
  • Heal/Infect - The Scion can repair a patient’s injuries or inflict harm directly. On one hand, he can heal as damage or illness as he wishes. Alternatively, he can inflict as much harm as he wishes. The Scion can use this Boon on the same person only once per day. He can use it on as many different people in the same day as he wishes.

Purview:  Moon 1
  • Smoking Mirror - By looking up at the moon the character sees reflected in it a bird’s-eye view of the surrounding terrain. This perspective allows a clear view of a radius in miles equal to the Scion’s score in the Moon Purview. The Scion may focus on any point in the reflection and see it clearly, but he can’t see through physical objects or change the angle from the top-down perspective. This Boon doesn’t function on new moon nights, but it can see down through thick clouds on any other night. If the moon is visible during the day, the Scion can use this Boon then as well.

Arete: Marksmanship 1, Survival 1
  • Arete is a Greek word meaning “excellence,” a quality highly valued among the Greek Gods. In fact, showing off one’s surpassing skill or total command of a field of study is a recurring theme throughout many legends about them. Granted, most of those legends involve some pompous mortal claiming to be the best there is at what she does and an offended God’s reaction to that claim not being very pretty. Nonetheless, the Greek Gods and the society that venerated them held the concept of excellence in such high regard that it became a Purview specific to them.This Purview doesn’t bestow specific powers, exactly, as much as it magnifies one’s talents to divine proportions. When a Scion takes an Arete, he assigns to it one of his Abilities. (That Ability must be rated at three dots or higher first.) The Arete increases the Ability's rating by twice the number of ranks placed in to the Arete.

BIRTHRIGHTS

• Moon Rock Pendant - Health and Moon Purviews
    A simple pendant of a crescent moon made out of lunar rock.
  • Sniper Rifle - Infinite Ammo
    A custom-designed weapon bearing Hephaestus' mark

~DETAILS~

Family: Estranged father who probably figures she's dead.

Personality: Sandra is one of those curious types who actively wants to make friends but isn't all that great at putting herself out there or opening up.  The wilderness offers an acceptance all its own, but sometimes it's fantastic to come back to civilization and try to fit in as well.  Her mercurial nature can be confusing, leaving people trying to figure out where they stand with her, while the wise simply wait for her to return.

History: While some adopted Scions have no idea who their real mother is, Sandra has a pretty good guess.  The blonde hair, the good looks, a lifetime of people expecting her to be just another dumb blonde.  It'd be easy to play it up, fit in, scrunch herself into the tiny niche of society in order to be accepted, but it just wasn't her.

Some said that her father really wanted a boy, but in reality, he had no idea how to raise her.  When he did mention her mother, it was always with that lovestruck gaze of someone who had found true love and could never accept anyone else, for any other affection could only be a pale shadow.  It frightened her at an age where so many others were into princesses and dolls.

Perhaps it really was because of her beauty, or her can-do attitude and desire to be able to handle herself, but most of her life only had one simple secret.  She finally confessed to one of her friends that she had a thing for other girls, considering it an interesting quirk.

They say that if you ever want to test the limits of your friendship, you reveal your secrets.  Sandra had no idea what to expect, and would have not have imagined the flurry of hateful words and phrases.  Her eyes jumped about to her friends, but they only stared off in the distance, or watched her as if not recognizing her.

Her father had locked the door to the house by the time she got home, so she took his pickup truck and set off for the rest of the world.  For a few months, she just stuck it out in the wilderness, alone and realizing she was quite comfortable in the solitude.

Meeting Bigfoot changed everything.  It didn't seem likely it was THAT Bigfoot, but then, who knows?  In the darkness, anything big, furry and screaming got both barrels from Old Betsy.  It screamed at the blast of gunfire, but didn't stay down.

Sandra scuttled through the cave in terror, searching for anything - a rock, a stick, whatever she could defend herself with.  She'd hardly expected a sniper rifle, but there wasn't time to question logically, and it certainly did the job.

Once she had a flashlight, the cave in which she'd gotten lost had the bones of the former owner, along with the moon rock pendant.  She exited the cave, staring up in thought, and saw the Earth reflected from the lunar surface.  With one monster down, it felt only right to hunt down some more.

Eventually, she took to calling herself Sandra Nocturne, having no interest in keeping her last name as a tie to her old life.  Attempts to explain the change always seemed stupid, especially when she had to explain the legal desire to A.E.G.I.S., but it was like tearing the last jagged shards of the knife out of her heart when she stopped being Kyleson.

When A.E.G.I.S. found her and explained the situation, it didn't take much convincing at all for her to sign up.  She was lonely after all that time alone, even if she didn't want to admit it to herself.

Likes: The wilderness, fashion, bubble baths, people who don't judge her
Dislikes: Being called a dumb blonde, cigarette smoke, being mocked for a fashion faux pas
Hobbies: Camping, swimming, target practice, music (listening only, because she has no talent for it)
Fears and Phobias: Finally falling in love, opening her heart to someone and having them rip it out and spit on it.
Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102977.0  Sandra is a lesbian, still a virgin and isn't very likely to attempt to make a romantic pass at someone.

Extraneous Information: Anything else you think is relevant.

Bonus Points: Willpower 5, Relic 2, Ability 3
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: AndyZ on October 01, 2015, 11:38:22 AM
I am blanking on an awesome code name.  Best I've come up with so far are Arrow and the shudderworthy Huntress.  Suggestions very welcome.

~BASICS~

Name: Sandra Nocturne
Code Name:
Aliases: Sandra Kyleson (Birth name)
God: Artemis (Stepmom), Aphrodite (Likely biological)
Position/Occupation: Field Agent
Education: Highschool dropout
Dossier Flags: Requires a strange degree of independence and cooperation to work to best effect.  Has some trust issues.  Sensitive about her intelligence and hates being called a dumb blonde.  Psych reports suggest that profile changes suggest a desire for independence the less feminine she dresses, and for more socializing when she's taken pains on her appearance.

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 120 lb.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Character Model: Candice Swanepoel

General Appearance: Although Sandra often wears jeans and more rustic clothing, it's not at all uncommon for her to get all girly in beautiful dresses, or run the gamut from au natural to completely dolled up, depending on her mood.  She's commented before that if she could make her hair grow at will, she'd find ways to make it match.

On more fashionable days, she doesn't often do a great job in following trends, but seems to get a little better with each attempt.

Distinguishing Characteristics: (scars, tattoos, etc).  None, except if a lack of piercings marks her as unusual in this day and age.

~STATS~

ATTRIBUTES

Strength  3
Dexterity  5
Stamina  3

Charisma  3
Manipulation  2
Appearance  4

Perception  2
Intelligence  3
Wits  2

ABILITIES

Academics  1
Animal Ken  1
Art  #
Athletics  4
Awareness  4
Brawl  1
Command  #
Control  (Automobiles) 2

Craft  #
Empathy  2
Fortitude  1
Integrity  1
Investigation  1
Larceny  #
Marksmanship  4
Medicine  2

Melee  #
Occult  1
Politics  #
Presence  2
Science  #
Stealth  2
Survival  4
Thrown  #

EPIC ATTRIBUTES
Epic Attribute:  Dexterity 2
  • Cat's Grace - This Knack imbues a Scion with the uncanny ability to remain on his feet despite treacherous terrain or an enemy’s best attempts to knock him down. For instance, a character with this Knack never suffers knockdown from an attack. The character still suffers the damage, but he remains on his feet. Furthermore, a character with this Knack ignores unstable footing and treacherous terrain. He still suffers speed penalties for moving through ankle to knee deep water or mud, but suffers no penalties on other terrain.
  • Trick Shooter - Not only do the Scion’s Epic Dexterity bonus successes add to his Marksmanship, he now doubles his accuracy if he takes time to aim as well. What’s more, the Scion can disarm an opponent with a ranged attack or mark the opponent without causing them harm. A character must take time to Aim in order to do this, though. If a character fires from the hip or blazes away in a cordite-reeking, brass-raining, muzzle-strobing gunfight, only bonuses from his Epic Dexterity apply.

Epic Stamina: 1

• Holy Fortitude - The character is the epitome of the holy ascetic. The periods for which she is able to go without food, water and sleep all double. The amount of time she is able to work at a strenuous task without stopping also doubles.

Epic Perception: 2

• Predatory Focus - The Scion is a hunter par excellence. He can track his prey by scent alone or by almost-invisible physical signs. With this Knack, the hunter can follow his prey across any sort of terrain as long as the prey continues to flee and does not take significant pains to mask its scent or minimize the disturbance its passing causes. (The former entails such extremes as swimming a mile upstream in a rushing river or taking refuge inside a functioning hog-rendering plant. The latter includes little short of levitating or flying.)

• Subliminal Warning - Whenever the Scion enters an area where an ambush is waiting, even if he has no reason to suspect he’s in danger, certain tiny clues set his subconscious on edge, preparing him for an attack. When the attacker finally springs the surprise assault, the Scion hears the tiniest rustle of fabric, sees the slightest flicker in his peripheral vision or feels the gentlest twitch of displaced air, and the clues he already noticed all add up.

Epic Wits: 1
  • Meditative Focus - Whether she’s hunkered down behind a burning car in a war zone, caught out on the yard during a prison riot, stranded on the crowded deck of a storm-tossed ship or just mall-walking during the frenzied heights of the Christmas rush, the character never loses her cool. No matter what’s happening, she keeps her mind on what she’s doing while maintaining sufficient vigilance to avoid getting caught up in the hubbub all around her. As such, the character is able to tune out environmental  distractions.

PURVIEWS
Purview:  Health 1
  • Heal/Infect - The Scion can repair a patient’s injuries or inflict harm directly. On one hand, he can heal as damage or illness as he wishes. Alternatively, he can inflict as much harm as he wishes. The Scion can use this Boon on the same person only once per day. He can use it on as many different people in the same day as he wishes.

Purview:  Moon 1
  • Smoking Mirror - By looking up at the moon the character sees reflected in it a bird’s-eye view of the surrounding terrain. This perspective allows a clear view of a radius in miles equal to the Scion’s score in the Moon Purview. The Scion may focus on any point in the reflection and see it clearly, but he can’t see through physical objects or change the angle from the top-down perspective. This Boon doesn’t function on new moon nights, but it can see down through thick clouds on any other night. If the moon is visible during the day, the Scion can use this Boon then as well.

Arete: Marksmanship 1, Survival 1
  • Arete is a Greek word meaning “excellence,” a quality highly valued among the Greek Gods. In fact, showing off one’s surpassing skill or total command of a field of study is a recurring theme throughout many legends about them. Granted, most of those legends involve some pompous mortal claiming to be the best there is at what she does and an offended God’s reaction to that claim not being very pretty. Nonetheless, the Greek Gods and the society that venerated them held the concept of excellence in such high regard that it became a Purview specific to them.This Purview doesn’t bestow specific powers, exactly, as much as it magnifies one’s talents to divine proportions. When a Scion takes an Arete, he assigns to it one of his Abilities. (That Ability must be rated at three dots or higher first.) The Arete increases the Ability's rating by twice the number of ranks placed in to the Arete.

BIRTHRIGHTS

• Moon Rock Pendant - Health and Moon Purviews
    A simple pendant of a crescent moon made out of lunar rock.
  • Sniper Rifle - Infinite Ammo
    A custom-designed weapon bearing Hephaestus' mark

~DETAILS~

Family: Estranged father who probably figures she's dead.

Personality: Sandra is one of those curious types who actively wants to make friends but isn't all that great at putting herself out there or opening up.  The wilderness offers an acceptance all its own, but sometimes it's fantastic to come back to civilization and try to fit in as well.  Her mercurial nature can be confusing, leaving people trying to figure out where they stand with her, while the wise simply wait for her to return.

History: While some adopted Scions have no idea who their real mother is, Sandra has a pretty good guess.  The blonde hair, the good looks, a lifetime of people expecting her to be just another dumb blonde.  It'd be easy to play it up, fit in, scrunch herself into the tiny niche of society in order to be accepted, but it just wasn't her.

Some said that her father really wanted a boy, but in reality, he had no idea how to raise her.  When he did mention her mother, it was always with that lovestruck gaze of someone who had found true love and could never accept anyone else, for any other affection could only be a pale shadow.  It frightened her at an age where so many others were into princesses and dolls.

Perhaps it really was because of her beauty, or her can-do attitude and desire to be able to handle herself, but most of her life only had one simple secret.  She finally confessed to one of her friends that she had a thing for other girls, considering it an interesting quirk.

They say that if you ever want to test the limits of your friendship, you reveal your secrets.  Sandra had no idea what to expect, and would have not have imagined the flurry of hateful words and phrases.  Her eyes jumped about to her friends, but they only stared off in the distance, or watched her as if not recognizing her.

Her father had locked the door to the house by the time she got home, so she took his pickup truck and set off for the rest of the world.  For a few months, she just stuck it out in the wilderness, alone and realizing she was quite comfortable in the solitude.

Meeting Bigfoot changed everything.  It didn't seem likely it was THAT Bigfoot, but then, who knows?  In the darkness, anything big, furry and screaming got both barrels from Old Betsy.  It screamed at the blast of gunfire, but didn't stay down.

Sandra scuttled through the cave in terror, searching for anything - a rock, a stick, whatever she could defend herself with.  She'd hardly expected a sniper rifle, but there wasn't time to question logically, and it certainly did the job.

Once she had a flashlight, the cave in which she'd gotten lost had the bones of the former owner, along with the moon rock pendant.  She exited the cave, staring up in thought, and saw the Earth reflected from the lunar surface.  With one monster down, it felt only right to hunt down some more.

Eventually, she took to calling herself Sandra Nocturne, having no interest in keeping her last name as a tie to her old life.  Attempts to explain the change always seemed stupid, especially when she had to explain the legal desire to A.E.G.I.S., but it was like tearing the last jagged shards of the knife out of her heart when she stopped being Kyleson.

When A.E.G.I.S. found her and explained the situation, it didn't take much convincing at all for her to sign up.  She was lonely after all that time alone, even if she didn't want to admit it to herself.

Likes: The wilderness, fashion, bubble baths, people who don't judge her
Dislikes: Being called a dumb blonde, cigarette smoke, being mocked for a fashion faux pas
Hobbies: Camping, swimming, target practice, music (listening only, because she has no talent for it)
Fears and Phobias: Finally falling in love, opening her heart to someone and having them rip it out and spit on it.
Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102977.0  Sandra is a lesbian, still a virgin and isn't very likely to attempt to make a romantic pass at someone.

Extraneous Information: Anything else you think is relevant.

Bonus Points: Willpower 5, Relic 2, Ability 3

If you're ready to submit her for approval, please PM the sheet. :) It makes it easier for me to keep track of sheets when they're all in one central location

AndyZ

I did.  Did it not go through?  I can resend.

Only posted here in the hopes of suggestions for a code name.

Bloodied Porcelain

Oh shoot, you did send it this morning/last night and I did get it. I just... forgot cause I hadn't actually looked through my PMs yet. Ignore me. *slinks off feeling like a doofus*

AndyZ

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 01, 2015, 11:49:09 AM
Oh shoot, you did send it this morning/last night and I did get it. I just... forgot cause I hadn't actually looked through my PMs yet. Ignore me. *slinks off feeling like a doofus*

*hugs*  I'm sure I overlooked something somewhere along the line in the sheet.  We all do it.

Muse

Okay, let's see if I can muddle through this: 

Quote from: consortium11 on September 30, 2015, 08:06:47 AM
Hi Muse, a couple of quick thoughts on what I've seen.

1) Just one point on the lore; the Gods disappeared back in 2001 (so 18 or so years ago). As such Zeus wouldn't have been able to contact Evan himself when Evan was 21 (as he's only 24 now); someone else would have had to provide him his birthrights and explain things to him.

Oh, that's confusling.  How do we get our powers in this story if not through visitations? 

2) Looking at Purviews/Boons your Purview score (i.e. the Sky 3 on your sheet) comes from the number of Boons you have, not the number of points you spend on Boons. As such as Evan only has a single Boon from Sky, he only has a Purview score of 1, despite purchasing a Boon that normally costs 3.

*Head spins* 

My groups always did house rule Boons so that it wasn't character generation suicide to take them.  I was kinda sad that you weren't doing the same, now I see you are... If I understnad correctly?  By Purview Socre, you mean that I can get the level 3 sky power by paying for a level one sky power, because it's the only one I'm taking?  That's works nicely. 

3) On Birthrights/Purviews, in this game one doesn't automatically get access to the Pantheon specific Purview (in your case Arete). So if you want to use the Arete purview you need to have a relic which allows access to it, which at the moment you don't. The easiest solution is probably just to switch which Purview Díkaios Aspída gives access to; currently it's set for Justice but you're not using any Justice Boons and as such you could easily switch it to Arete.

^_^;;  Okay.  That's a surprise too.  Do I need to take one Relic to have acess to all uses of Arate?  Or do I need a relic for each Arate? 

4) On the Birthrights specifically, giving Ouranó Baltás power over storms may be a touch too much, even if it only comes eventually. If mechanically you're happy to put a lot of the extra points you get over the course of the game into upgrading it (representing Evan learning to master the power) rather than other things and roleplay wise show him spending a lot of time honing that ability at the expense of other training/recreation then we'll likely be happy with it but otherwise I suspect having both that and the ability to come to hand wherever there's electricity may be a bit too powerful.

^_^;;  That was just a narative way of saying that Ouranó Baltás gives acess to the Sky purview. 

Could you please clarify how you want relics done?  The way I was reading it, you seemed to be saying that each relic had one special power and granted acess to one purview.  So the idea with Ouranó Baltás was that it had the power to be called to my hand--provided I could get my had close to a source of electicity--and that it gave acess to the sky purview. 

I saw the shield the same way.  it gave acess to a purview and had an appear/disapear power--in this case, I touch it to the tatoo and it vanishes, I touch the tatoo and it reapears. 

5) On the basis that you make the above mentioned changes (swapping Justice for Arete and changing Sky 3 to say Sky 1) you don't need to spend any points sorting them out and so can get a level in Epic Charisma (and thus a Knack) and an extra point in Melee.

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 30, 2015, 08:25:38 AM
As a second note, I'm a bit iffy on the tattoo-to-shield ability. It's neat, but I think it might be a bit too much. Perhaps it could be something like Percy's shield in Percy Jackson, where it's a watch/bracelet that will expand out in to a shield? This way it's a physical item that there is a chance he might lose. We don't want to make people immune to the threat of misplacing/having their Relic taken from them. Not that we're planning on something like this to happen in the story, but you know. It's a weakness everyone should have to some degree. :)

Ack, I really liked that ability.  I don't normaly apreciate tatoos, but it seemed interesting. 

Does that also mean you don't want me to be able to hurl the axe, then reach over to a power line and use my action to call the axe back to me? 

Does it solve your concerns about the shield if the shield can't be called ot the tatoo?  AKA, if it's taken away, I have to be able to physicaly retrieve it before I can put it back in the tatoo? 

consortium11

Quote from: Muse on October 02, 2015, 01:56:49 AMOh, that's confusling.  How do we get our powers in this story if not through visitations?

The most obvious option is a third party who some time prior to their disappearance the God in question entrusted with revealing the truth to the Scion and handing them their Birthrights; as you seem to be familiar with the Scion base material I'll mention that it could be similar to how the opening fluff story in Hero works where two talking ravens reveal that Thor is the Scion in question's dad and then a group of dwarfs lead him to his Birthrights.

Quote from: Muse on October 02, 2015, 01:56:49 AM*Head spins* 

My groups always did house rule Boons so that it wasn't character generation suicide to take them.  I was kinda sad that you weren't doing the same, now I see you are... If I understnad correctly?  By Purview Socre, you mean that I can get the level 3 sky power by paying for a level one sky power, because it's the only one I'm taking?  That's works nicely.

Purview score is the overall score for a Purview on your sheet (i.e on BP's Sigrun character where it says War 2) and represents the sort of general mastery/power of a Purview that a Scion has. This score is determined by adding up the number of Boons that one has in that Purview (to use Sigrun as an example again, she has War 2 because she's got two Boons in the War Purview). How much the Boons individually cost doesn't change the Purview score; if I buy a single Boon in a Purview, regardless of if it costs 1 or 3 I'd still only have an overall Purview score of 1 (so to use Sigrun once more despite the two Boons she's chosen costing a combined total of five points to get her Purview score is only 2 because she only has two Boons in that Purview).

So to get an overall Sky Purview of 3 (i.e Sky 3 on the sheet) one would have to purchase all three of the Sky Boons (each of which has a fixed individual cost), which would cost six points (Sky's Grace costs 1, Wind's Freedom costs 2, Storm Augmentation costs 3). If you only bought a single Boon, regardless of whether it's Storm Augmentation at a cost of 3 or Sky's Grace at a cost of 1, you would only have an overall Sky level of 1.

I hope that makes sense.

Quote from: Muse on October 02, 2015, 01:56:49 AM^_^;;  Okay.  That's a surprise too.  Do I need to take one Relic to have acess to all uses of Arate?  Or do I need a relic for each Arate?

Just one to give access to Arete as a whole.

Quote from: Muse on October 02, 2015, 01:56:49 AM^_^;;  That was just a narative way of saying that Ouranó Baltás gives acess to the Sky purview. 

Could you please clarify how you want relics done?  The way I was reading it, you seemed to be saying that each relic had one special power and granted acess to one purview.  So the idea with Ouranó Baltás was that it had the power to be called to my hand--provided I could get my had close to a source of electicity--and that it gave acess to the sky purview. 

I saw the shield the same way.  it gave acess to a purview and had an appear/disapear power--in this case, I touch it to the tatoo and it vanishes, I touch the tatoo and it reapears. 

If it's merely a narrative of way of saying it gives access to the Sky purview then that's perfectly fine; my concern was if it gave power over the storms separately to the mentioned Purview.

You've got how we want Relics done nailed; each relic as standard gives access to a single Purview and has one ability/power/advantage/however you want to describe it which makes it better than a "normal" item of that type (as well as the inherent unbreakable nature of Relics); blades that never need sharpening, guns that never need reloading etc. I just misunderstood what you meant when you said it gave power over storms.

Quote from: Muse on October 02, 2015, 01:56:49 AMAck, I really liked that ability.  I don't normaly apreciate tatoos, but it seemed interesting. 

Does that also mean you don't want me to be able to hurl the axe, then reach over to a power line and use my action to call the axe back to me? 

Does it solve your concerns about the shield if the shield can't be called ot the tatoo?  AKA, if it's taken away, I have to be able to physicaly retrieve it before I can put it back in the tatoo?

My view would be that getting the axe back through access to electricity is fine as it's not too difficult to imagine situations where a Scion is caught in a place where there isn't a source of electricity and so can't easily get it back; not that we're particularly intending to but it means that BP and I can come up with situations where the group would no longer have access to their Relics.

The compromise with Díkaios Aspída works for me and can lead to some quite cool imagery of the tattoo itself disappearing any time he draws the Shield from it and then reappearing when he puts it back in.

Ghostraven

FACE CLAIM

Seraphine Strange looks just like Asdís Draugrhrafn

orderNchaos

FACE CLAIM

April O'Neil looks just like April Masters

Wispyr

Somehow, despite my stalking, I failed to post here. Well... Remedied!

AndyZ

Bloodied Porcelain

Wispyr

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 04, 2015, 02:22:23 PM
*squeals and tackles*
-Catches 'n spins with-

And I think I need to throw this here...

FACE CLAIM

[font=georgia][b]Caspar Peteus[/b] looks just like [color=maroon][i]Dominik Kane[/i][/color][/font]

Bloodied Porcelain

Reposting from the OOC so people with pending characters are aware:

There are still a couple approved characters I haven't gotten a yay or nay about for Operation: Mists. If I don't hear from you by Friday, I will assume you don't want your character to take part. I plan to kick off the IC stuff for that mission by Saturday, but may get the general IC posts that get the ball rolling up before then. The actual mission will kick off by Sunday at the absolute latest. :) Also, if you're stalking the OOC and working on a character but haven't been approved yet but would like to reserve a spot, let me know. I can put you on the list as tentative. ^.^

Bloodied Porcelain

Sorry for double post... this is a fairly important announcement.

The Fate write up is here.

I just want to make it clear, again, that the GMs do not intend to do much to enforce fate as something in RP. If you, as the players, want to play up on fate and it's influences, please by all means feel free. We will only interfere when we feel as if it is in the best interest of the story and/or when Fatebinding comes up IC, and usually only to determine how powerful the bond and how the NPC in question will react to it.

Also, the Wiki is almost complete.

orderNchaos

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 05, 2015, 08:45:02 AM
Reposting from the OOC so people with pending characters are aware:

There are still a couple approved characters I haven't gotten a yay or nay about for Operation: Mists. If I don't hear from you by Friday, I will assume you don't want your character to take part. I plan to kick off the IC stuff for that mission by Saturday, but may get the general IC posts that get the ball rolling up before then. The actual mission will kick off by Sunday at the absolute latest. :) Also, if you're stalking the OOC and working on a character but haven't been approved yet but would like to reserve a spot, let me know. I can put you on the list as tentative. ^.^

Assuming that April will be approved, I'd like to be a part of Operation: Mist. 

Muse

I'm back in town and eager to finish this guy up.  Also very excited to get started this weekend. 

What is the event you're mentioning and where do i find it? 

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Muse on October 07, 2015, 05:48:37 PM
  I'm back in town and eager to finish this guy up.  Also very excited to get started this weekend. 

What is the event you're mentioning and where do i find it?

second post of this thread

Don't mind the number of open slots, we're not likely to cap this particular mission.

Muse

Oh, that is exciting.  Please sign me up. 

Fleshing the sheet out some more now. 

Ghostraven

Bloodied Porcelain

Our first event is getting underway, but there is still plenty of time and room to join! This game is meant to be friendly both to system and non-system gamers, providing non-system gamers with an easy, streamlined character creation method that requires nothing harder than the ability to count to 30! We're also open to players who enjoy strictly sandbox play, with tons of open threads for developing small, inter-personal plots and interactions to your heart's content, as well as Event-dedicated threads, where those who may favor a more GM-involved adventure can play, following along with the metaplot of the game itself.

It should also be noted that you do not have to play a Scion. Human characters are perfectly acceptable... both A.E.G.I.S. employees and village-residents brought there because they are somehow connected to A.E.G.I.S. via a family member or because they can offer a particular trade/craft needed around the town. Humans are the far more simple option for those wary of system-creation. Alternately, if you want to have more than one character (perhaps you want to have a character you're free to sandbox with as you like, but you also want a character who will regularly be involved in events), we have a two character cap which will eventually be lifted.

This is an amazing game with an amazing group of players who are friendly, interactive, and eager to bring the world to life. We hope you'll join us!

AndyZ

If you've always wanted to try Scion but want some help, this is a great place to start.  The semi-freeform version makes things a lot easier for beginners.

orderNchaos

I will say that while the character sheet looks very daunting....it's actually really good at helping to really flesh our a good character. 

The Dark Raven

Quote from: AndyZ on November 18, 2015, 11:25:49 PM
If you've always wanted to try Scion but want some help, this is a great place to start.  The semi-freeform version makes things a lot easier for beginners.

GMs are definitely awesome at helping, and are very flexible.  I don't system game, but I had a concept that went along with the back story, and I've got a character ready to play.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Bloodied Porcelain

As an aside, we could really use more men to help even out the numbers. :) We're currently a little heavy on the tatas. xD

Landshark

Sent you my idea BP. Is a dude but i doubt he'll be on anyones crush list :P

orderNchaos

Well I hope everyone had a nice refreshing holiday....Now get back to posting!!  ;)

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm spending today getting caught up after being away from work for almost a full week while on vacation, but will also be catching things up for AEGIS over today and tomorrow. I may build up all my owed posts and post them at the same time. >.>

orderNchaos

Take your time.  I'm really enjoying the interaction with the "gamer girls" in the Common Area thread.  Looking forward to seeing how the main event pans out.

The Dark Raven

Bloodied Porcelain

A.E.G.I.S. IS STILL RECRUITING!

We are still open to new characters! It has been said before, but I want to repeat that you are not required to play a scion. You are not required to play a field agent, for that matter, either!

We are currently seriously looking for someone whose character could be a scion, field agent, and who could play a leadership role on missions! This would mean the character would need a decent score (3+) in Leadership, but they would not be railroaded in to their specialty. You could go with a more physical type who likes to get in to the frey like Captain America, or you could go with someone who is mental or social-heavy stats-wise.

Outside of that specific need, we are wide-open to almost any concept you can think up that falls within the game's system-lite set up.

AndyZ

I've been thinking about making a leader type, but I'm not sure which/any of the Deities would really work.  Would a mortal be feasible for this, or would a Scion work much better?

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: AndyZ on December 09, 2015, 07:03:56 PM
I've been thinking about making a leader type, but I'm not sure which/any of the Deities would really work.  Would a mortal be feasible for this, or would a Scion work much better?

Considering that literally the entire group of field agents are Scions at this point, a leader would probably need to be another Scion. That said, plenty of the Gods have leadership as one of their abilities, so you just need to browse the lists.