Email Notification Question

Started by Sampais Wrath, January 04, 2024, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sampais Wrath

Just wanting to see if maybe I'm missing a button for it or maybe it's currently disabled with the new format, I saw Veks is still working on it so maybe it'll change in the future and I need to be patient. 

Before the site had to be upgrade (thank you for your hard work. I know that had to be very frustrating!) there was an option that when you received email notifications of threads you followed you could get a plain text transcript of the post made. There'd be no formatting or images but all text would be there. Not sure if it was just included or an optional thing. After the update you can still get emails but not the transcript (at least where I've been looking). Is there a place I can turn those on or is it a feature not currently available? I used that to satisfy my curiosity of what was posted to my games when I had time to read but not write and then the little orange "new" pop up next to the games in my bookmarks was how I kept track of who needed replies a little easier. Obviously opening the page the new post is one removes that little pop up since the system now knows I've seen it. 

If this is a feature that is gone and not making a return I understand and will figure out a new system so I don't accidentally miss responding to someone. I just want to get an idea of what I can do and whether I need to work on finding that new system to keep better track. Absolutely no hate if it's gone and not returning!
I've got one brain cell bouncing around my head like a 2000s windows screensaver.

Discord always open to new friends! Feel free to pop in there. Warning! My cat has made me accidentally unfriend people there with impromptu head boops. If that happens and I don't realize it PM me here on E and we can restore contact!
Sampai's Wrath#9204

Oniya

Have you checked the 'Notifications' portion of your profile?  I believe that the default is having everything set to 'Receive alert' (the on-site alert feature), and email notification has to be actively turned on.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sampais Wrath

Quote from: Oniya on January 04, 2024, 07:35:35 PMHave you checked the 'Notifications' portion of your profile?  I believe that the default is having everything set to 'Receive alert' (the on-site alert feature), and email notification has to be actively turned on.
I've got the alerts on but I've never actually received an alert. I turn on alerts and notifications for everything I bookmark and my pms
I've got one brain cell bouncing around my head like a 2000s windows screensaver.

Discord always open to new friends! Feel free to pop in there. Warning! My cat has made me accidentally unfriend people there with impromptu head boops. If that happens and I don't realize it PM me here on E and we can restore contact!
Sampai's Wrath#9204

Oniya

If you look at your Notification Preferences, what options are checked in the top section (Boards and Topics)?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Sampais Wrath

Quote from: Oniya on January 04, 2024, 07:44:16 PMIf you look at your Notification Preferences, what options are checked in the top section (Boards and Topics)?
I'm a dumb. I went back to that tab to look at what you were requesting and realized every time I've skipped over two lines every time I've gone in there. I've been looking at the right place and looking right past the option the whole time. There's a tick box for "receive message body" that was unchecked. 

Sampai's Wrath#9204

Oniya

To be fair, I'm still learning a lot of the features on this new forum software, so no need to feel bad.  :D

Sampais Wrath

Quote from: Oniya on January 04, 2024, 07:52:58 PMTo be fair, I'm still learning a lot of the features on this new forum software, so no need to feel bad.  :D
Maybe that didn't fix it? I still get the email notifications to your replies but it didn't have the post content in the email this time. I may have to play with that more

Sampai's Wrath#9204

Sampais Wrath

Oh you know what? Helps if I hit the save button XD

Sampai's Wrath#9204

Oniya

So it's working now?  *This is a test of the Elliquiy Broadcast System*  ;)

Sampais Wrath

Quote from: Oniya on January 04, 2024, 08:03:50 PMSo it's working now?  *This is a test of the Elliquiy Broadcast System*  ;)
It does! I'm just dumb and missed the option XD. Since I got you any idea if the colorful theme options will be coming back? I miss my pastel rainbow theme I used to have but I can live without

Sampai's Wrath#9204

Oniya

No idea.  This was sort of an emergency fix, and Veks has some other fires to put out before getting down to purdification.

Sampais Wrath

Quote from: Oniya on January 04, 2024, 08:34:31 PMNo idea.  This was sort of an emergency fix, and Veks has some other fires to put out before getting down to purdification.
I completely understand. I remember it going down and I'm just glad it's back up. I can live without the pretty stuff as long as we are functional and I'm glad he was able to get it back. Thank you so much!

Sampai's Wrath#9204