New Sanctuary: The Veil [Urban Supernatural Fantasy] Need Hunters/Vamps!

Started by Dhampyress, June 19, 2018, 07:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amarlo

On the note of UV light being fatal to Vampires, being that UV light exists even in some standard light bulbs, this seems like a pretty heavy issues for Vampires as a whole.

Also, silver being fatal to werewolves - does that mean if they are simply stabbed or touched by it they are doomed to death?

On that same token, if a Vampire is exposed to sunlight for a second would that also instanty kill them?

Please forgive me if I seem like a pita, I just want to be clear on things. ^^;

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

wander

If I were to answer and I'm not the GMs or anything, I'd say silver probably causes progressive damage to a werewolf, so touching it burns, if they keep touching it they'd die. Same for sunlight for Vampires, it'll burn them like a spy-glass over ants, though only protracted exposure would kill.

Fair point on the UV. ^^

Also, these are just how I'd figure it, I could be completely wrong. ^^;

Dhampyress

Quote from: Sirian Eve on June 22, 2018, 07:27:03 AM
Oo I would be interested in the position of regent.

I'd love to work that out with you. I'd be very open to hearing your ideas for the position and I'm always happy to flesh out character connections. A leader and their vice should be familiar with one another, of course.

Quote from: ehlamjanx on June 22, 2018, 07:57:41 AM
Hi.  Adding an interest marker here for either a Human or a Mage.  Mulling different tropes.  Leaning towards an awakened gothic human.  Bookmarked and watching.

[Edit]  Specifically a Native American. Face claim, if it is not too soon, Jay Tavare. He can be a Mage (Shaman) as defined herein, or a mere Human who is awakened and attuned.

Both possibilities sound very interesting. It's never very too soon to make face claims. I'll be adding a list on the interest check for that shortly. I will certainly reserve the face claim for you there! :-)

@Amarlo: These are some very good questions so far. I'm quite enjoying them. And don't consider your a bother, it's these kind of questions that really help clarify some of the more vaguer aspects of the game and further help build the world. Plus I can add them to the F.A.Q!

Quote from: Amarlo on June 22, 2018, 02:49:58 PM
On the note of UV light being fatal to Vampires, being that UV light exists even in some standard light bulbs, this seems like a pretty heavy issues for Vampires as a whole.

I've mulled over this and I do concur that this is a very valid point to make. I've moved UV into the unique weaknesses for vampires to simplify things.

QuoteOn that same token, if a Vampire is exposed to sunlight for a second would that also instantly kill them?

Not at all. The general idea is that sunlight would burn them, or otherwise cause some terminal effect. I say otherwise because I'm not against unique types of vampirism that may fall under slightly different effects of lethality in correlation to this key weakness. Ideally vampires are supposed to fear sunlight for a severe reason. Contact with sunlight would be limited to place/area of exposure. A brush of sun on a vampire wouldn't outright incinerate its entire body on contact, but it's certainly nothing sort of arduous. Furthermore, fire spreads easily of course, so a minor fire could exacerbate into something much worse and vampires are already susceptible to fire.

QuoteAlso, silver being fatal to werewolves - does that mean if they are simply stabbed or touched by it they are doomed to death?

My answer to this particular question falls in line with Wanders general explanation of it. Silver itself is harmful to Werewolves in the sense that it would generally cause progressive damage to them. Very similar to a burn or corrosive effect. It, like sunlight, wouldn't outright kill a Werewolf unless it made contact with a vital place of the body, which would eventually have it spread and such. Otherwise it would just be crucially painful for the Werewolf to endure.

Amarlo

Fantastic. Thank you Blissy (And wander). I think I have a good picture of it all in my head now. ;D

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Eikichi

Putting a tentative interest flag down.

I have an interest in establishing a Mage Dedicant. Other than that, I'm debating a second character concept as a Vampire who'll either be Independent or a Prelate.
PMs are open for all role play inquiries.

Dhampyress

flails

Yay, more interest!

Also just letting you all know that I've added three new rules (towards the bottom of the light) in light of some interesting questions I've been asked. One simply clarifies our feelings on Hybrid-races, another introduces the concept of Thin-Bloods, which in partial is related to Hybrids, and lastly I've further explained the practice of magic by non mage folk.

Edit: I've also added the Face Claim reservation section just before the F.A.Q.S. If you'd like to reserve a face claim please let me know and I'll make a note of it there.

Amarlo

On that note I'd like to reserve Niky Von Macabre, if you'd please. ^-^

With that said, how many characters may each player have?

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Dhampyress

Quote from: Amarlo on June 22, 2018, 10:35:00 PM
On that note I'd like to reserve Niky Von Macabre, if you'd please. ^-^

With that said, how many characters may each player have?

Haha I love her and noted! ;D

I've been meaning to add a note about that as well. I've officially added that to the first post as well. I'd say three character limit to start seems fair.

RegretNot

I am marking my interest as well.  Vampires, Mages, Humans all but werewolves I could see myself making.  Longtime WoD player and also settings like Night's Black Agents and Unknown Armies. 

wander

My face-claim is Tadanobu Asano from Ichi the Killer. Playing a Japanese-American character.  :-)

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Blissy on June 22, 2018, 05:47:26 PM
I'd love to work that out with you. I'd be very open to hearing your ideas for the position and I'm always happy to flesh out character connections. A leader and their vice should be familiar with one another, of course.

Of course! I can send you a pm with some ideas. My face claim model will be Aaliyah (Queen of The Damned version)

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Wyatt

I am interested in creating an Awakened Human who is a Hunter.

Karl Urban for a face-claim, please  :-)
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Dhampyress

Thanks for you all getting back to me so quickly with your face claims. That said I've updated the face claims list! :-)

RegretNot

Since people are putting down face claims I would say Ben Barnes and Jon Bernthal would be ones I would use considering the concepts percolating.  I am also looking at The Supreme or Apostle of the Creed.  Vampires also are interesting but seems to be popular so that's something to look at later. 

Dhampyress

Quote from: RegretNot on June 23, 2018, 01:55:21 PM
Since people are putting down face claims I would say Ben Barnes and Jon Bernthal would be ones I would use considering the concepts percolating.  I am also looking at The Supreme or Apostle of the Creed.  Vampires also are interesting but seems to be popular so that's something to look at later.

Ou, how interesting! I'd certainly be open to hearing a pitch for the Supreme of the Creed, if that's something you might be interested in?  :-)

LostSoul

I think I would like to submit ‎Tuomas Holopainen as my faceclaim.
Thank you!
"Take another bite/It'll be alright/What's wrong will soon feel right/Dangerous tonight

Take another sip/Let it kiss your lips/And let a little drip on your thighs

If you let me I'll untie your sensuality/I'll open up your heart and satisfy my greed" -A Cooper

Nykyrian

Okay, just got the go ahead to play a modified Genie character. Quick rundown is it is a mage cursed to be attached to an artifact (bracelet in this case) who is pretty much powerless without being bonded with someone. (Can be human, mage, vampire, or were I am not picky.) Seeking a player who wants to be the other half of the equation, feel free to PM me with any questions or if you might be interested!

Amarlo

Neat! I like it Silver. I'd volunteer but I have enough on my plate as it is. xD I'd be surprised if people weren't jumping at it though!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Nykyrian

Quote from: Amarlo on June 23, 2018, 06:44:53 PM
Neat! I like it Silver. I'd volunteer but I have enough on my plate as it is. xD I'd be surprised if people weren't jumping at it though!

Hehe thanks! Been a concept I have been working on for a while, balancing it out so that it wasn't OP and turned it into something completely different from the typical stereotype.

Rebelle

Hey there!

This is awesome - I'm a long time WoD player and well.. hell... Vamps, Werewolves, and Mages oh my..

Yes please

I'm considering a life based mage - and would like to claim Holland Roden and Natalie Dormer please and sankoo :)

Dhampyress

Quote from: Rebelle on June 23, 2018, 07:44:23 PM
Hey there!

This is awesome - I'm a long time WoD player and well.. hell... Vamps, Werewolves, and Mages oh my..

Yes please

I'm considering a life based mage - and would like to claim Holland Roden and Natalie Dormer please and sankoo :)

Noted and that's wonderful. I'm glad the pitch has been attracting just that kind of audience. :)

Amarlo

I'll be playing a Mage type with Niky. I will have a second character that will most likely be a human, likely an awakened human vampire vassal. The faceclaim for the latter is still undecided. 

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Red Stella

Looks interesting.  I’ll take a look at the linked information to see what sort of character to work on. 

:)

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Silver Silence on June 23, 2018, 06:41:37 PM
Okay, just got the go ahead to play a modified Genie character. Quick rundown is it is a mage cursed to be attached to an artifact (bracelet in this case) who is pretty much powerless without being bonded with someone. (Can be human, mage, vampire, or were I am not picky.) Seeking a player who wants to be the other half of the equation, feel free to PM me with any questions or if you might be interested!

Hmm a vampire with a genie sounds interesting.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Red Stella

I’d like to stake a faceclaim for Grace Holley. 

Currently leaning towards making a new (or about to be new?) werewolf.