Re-entry [Survival Scifi] [NC] [Still accepting characters]

Started by GloomCookie, October 01, 2011, 10:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kakashiee

Awesome I'll figure out how to use it to summon the Kraken...

On another note involving the Roleplay, approximately how large is the island?

GloomCookie

Roughly 500 square miles.  Large enough that it'd take an expedition a few days to reach the crash site.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Kakashiee

Latooni Subota

>THe Lifepods

Hah, once everyone gets together, Sarah would've suggested using the more damaged pods for parts, and the better ones for temporary shelter. Looks like you took that idea to it's logical conclusion, in the best way, Linna XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Kakashiee

MissFire

I sure missed a lot while I was at work! I'm going to post before Linna spanks me again.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Latooni Subota

But that implies that spankings are a bad thing! D:

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

MissFire

Depends on who's doing the spanking and the context of said spanking. :P
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Caela

Goodness, go to work and I get WAY behind!!!

~runs off to catch up~

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Quote from: MissFire on October 03, 2011, 07:01:28 PM
Depends on who's doing the spanking and the context of said spanking. :P
*Wanders back in with the studded paddle Linna request* Hmm, what was that?  XD
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

Latooni Subota

Not to worry Caela, we haven't been doing any posting sprees or anything. Gotta make sure everyone gets off the ship first, and THEN make sure everyone gets found. Like my unconscious civvie, in her damaged lifepod on the beach XD

Caela

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 03, 2011, 08:40:36 PM
Not to worry Caela, we haven't been doing any posting sprees or anything. Gotta make sure everyone gets off the ship first, and THEN make sure everyone gets found. Like my unconscious civvie, in her damaged lifepod on the beach XD

Hehehe...well my docs not unconscious but I did leave her debating on whether she actually wanted to get out of her pod or not...at least until the rain stopped. :)

GloomCookie

Hee I'm glad everyone's having fun so far.  We'll spend the next few days or so landing, exploring the island, dealing with issues like the food supply, and then we'll move into chapter 2.  Chapter 2 will start about a month after the landing, so be prepared for that.  Also I'm going to quickly drop a codex entry about comm buoys for anyone interested.
My DeviantArt

Cold Heritage

I hope my post is okay - it makes the assumption that by the time Anton picked up Crow's signal and got to Crow's lifeboat Crow would've left and gone on to Sarah's crashed life boat on the beach.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

twistedlace

Physical Description
Name: Sarah O'Connnel
Height: 6'1
Hair: Dark red, often tied back in a tight bun with a few strands falling loose
Eyes: Blue
Body Type: Athletic, soft and flowing curves complemented by a toned runner's pysique
Distinguishing Characteristics: Long, twisting scar along left side of throat, rising up to curve along left cheek and disapearing beneath her hair.  Sarah refuses to speak of it and will become flustered and angry if pushed about it.
Chronic/Long Term Diseases: Chronic insomnia.  Unable to sleep more than two or three hours a night without medication.

Service Record
Years of Service: 4
Current Rank: Tech 1st Class
Ship Postings: 3 Years on Avagon's Mercy (prior to decomission and scrapping) 10 months on Winters Dawn
Specialization: Propulsion and Navigational Theory (troubleshooting the AI assisted jumps)
Ship Division: Engineering

Psychological Record
Strengths: Excellent troubleshooter, thorough and analytical.  Near mystical touch with run down or faulty equipment.
Weaknesses:  Tendency to appraise each situation from a technical standpoint.  Sees the vast majority of situations in black and white, with one or perhaps two optimal solutions.
Pet Peeves: Small talk.  Loud, sudden noises.
Tendencies: Extremely quiet, limits responses to short, to the point statements.  Prefers to stand with back to a wall and near an exit.
Outlook on Life: Pragmatist.
Religion: Unitarian (Surprisingly open to others spiritual beliefs)
Family Status: Not in Personel File

GloomCookie

Scribbles convinced me to make a character to take command, so here goes!  I drug this image out of my archives just because I wanted a very cute command officer who would probably not garner immediate respect and who is a touch inexperienced.

Physical Description
Name: Abigail Bridget Inamura
Height: 5 ft 6 in
Hair: Ruffled and black
Eyes: Brown
Body Type: Petite
Distinguishing Characteristics: N/A
Chronic/Long Term Diseases: N/A

Service Record
Years of Service: 6 years
Current Rank: Lieutenant
Ship Postings: 2 years on CWS Hawking, 1 year on CWS Titan, 2 years on CWS Europa, 1 year on Winter Dawn
Specialization: Weapons Systems
Ship Division: Command

Psychological Record
Strengths: Quick and cheerful, always willing to get down and dirty
Weaknesses: Petite and not very strong physically, sometimes second guesses herself
Pet Peeves: Sloppy work
Tendencies: Get in other people's way trying to learn more about something
Outlook on Life: Generally cheerful and confident that things will work out
Religion: Christian, Methodist
Family Status: Father - Akira Inamura (deceased), Mother - Laura Inamura (alive), no siblings

Brief Bio: Abigail is a navy brat, having grown up on warships all her life.  Her father, Akira Inamura, was originally an Alliance officer before remaining with Third Fleet when they became Coalition.  He wasn't happy with so many Alliance officers having free-reign and tarnishing the reputation of the Alliance.  Her mother, Laura, was also Third Fleet, and stayed with him.  Together, they raised Abigail and taught her the virtues of a strong navy.  Abigail lost her father when one night, aboard CWS Minute Man, a reactor failure caused an explosion.  The explosion killed most of the engineering staff and the ship was ordered abandoned.  Laura and Abigail were loaded on a lifeboat, but Akira remained behind to conduct the evacuation.  He was still aboard when the anti-matter pods failed.

Abigail continued to live with her mother until she turned 18.  She decided to enlist, and was recruited to become an officer straight away.  She spent two years on CWS Hawkings, a destroyer, learning about weapons.  From there, she progressed from ship ordinance to gunnery, first as one of the turret gunners on the Titan and eventually a posting as the Europa's Kinetic Gunner.  When the Winter Dawn needed a weapon's control officer, she jumped at the chance.
My DeviantArt

Latooni Subota

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Agreed. I'll follow you to the ends of galaxy, Lieutenant!  :o
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

Kakashiee

Im merrily content with the selection of women in this RP :D

GloomCookie

Yes.  In the future, everyone will be very hot, and there will be three girls for every guy.  One girl to play with the guy while the other two play with each other.
My DeviantArt

Kakashiee

Excuse me while I start to cyrogenically freeze myself.

Cold Heritage

What a bold, glorious future.

hmm, do I make a crummy post before work, or wait and risk getting left behind? @_@
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Aiden

What roles are open or in more need of?

I have a character from a dead game that would fit this setting well.

In my setting he was a Air Force Captain, turned commander.

GloomCookie

Well, because I intend to lead the group so that I can kinda steer us in certain directions, I can't have you usurping my command *pulls out a gun, shoots dead*

However, if you want to be a shuttle pilot or someone else who is technically outside the standard chain of command for the Winter Dawn, you could do that.  Or maybe a seaman.  We really need people who are engineers or anything non-medical or non-marine.  We've got pretty good numbers on those.
My DeviantArt

Aiden

Engineer will work, I'll find a different image for that. Or maybe a logistics/navi officer.

Will read up on the setting more clearly and work on it.

I also admit, I am interested in this because of the show Terra Nova.