Am i the only one?

Started by Koto0005, May 28, 2013, 10:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InDeCiSive

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on May 29, 2013, 09:36:02 PM
TV?  I do have a TV, as well as cable and Netflix.  But, my friends do not have cable nor Netflix.  They find entertainment through video games and Youtube.  So, you're not alone.  :-)

I often wonder if I'm the only person who longs to be exceptional at everything she's not, and ignores the things at which she is.

Not the only one Daoine.  ~hugs~  The good news is that it forces us to grow and become better people (sometimes).
I don't have cable at all, Netflix is about all the tv I have time for.  Even less now that I prowl the boards a lot. Ha.
I own a few types of weapons.  At present I am trying to get effective with my crossbow and my 26" retractable baton.  >:)
I LOVE walking barefoot in the rain!!!
Only two pillows on the bed though.  Nice memory gel ones. I <3 my pillow.

Am I the only one who enjoys these little game threads more than I probably should?

Snickerz

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on May 29, 2013, 10:10:03 PM
I don't really have a collection of anything, large or small.  Though, I used to have a massive collection of Pokemon cards when I was a kid...
Am I the only one who still remembers the original 150 Pokemon?

I believe those count as a collection. :)

Quote from: InDeCiSive on May 29, 2013, 10:12:51 PM
Not the only one Daoine.  ~hugs~  The good news is that it forces us to grow and become better people (sometimes).
I don't have cable at all, Netflix is about all the tv I have time for.  Even less now that I prowl the boards a lot. Ha.
I own a few types of weapons.  At present I am trying to get effective with my crossbow and my 26" retractable baton.  >:)
I LOVE walking barefoot in the rain!!!
Only two pillows on the bed though.  Nice memory gel ones. I <3 my pillow.

Am I the only one who enjoys these little game threads more than I probably should?

Haha, no, no. They're cute. I like them. I actually own over 1,000 dvd and vhs, so I don't need netflix either.

I have one. I think I may be the only person who actually leaves a big city to live in the middle of the sticks, anyone else move or know someone who moved from a large city to a village type town?

InDeCiSive

I've done both.  Grew up in the sticks, moved to the city, moved back out to the sticks, and now back in suburbia for the time being.  I think I may be part gypsy.

Daoine Sidhe

I thoroughly love these threads.
I've moved from big city to small town, and from small town to big city.  I prefer the small city that's not too far from a big town.  ;)  Been in more than 50 cities in seven separate states, all in 27 years.

Am I the only one who can't settle anywhere?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
Entice Me (O/O) | Engage Me (RPs) | Find Me (A/A) | Play with Me (Ideas)
Actively seeking good RP partners.

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Snickerz

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on May 29, 2013, 10:29:31 PM
I thoroughly love these threads.
I've moved from big city to small town, and from small town to big city.  I prefer the small city that's not too far from a big town.  ;)  Been in more than 50 cities in seven separate states, all in 27 years.

Am I the only one who can't settle anywhere?

Nope, I've lived in almost every state west of the Mississippi in an average of 4 towns for each one.

Am I the only one who can't sit still for longer than five minutes without doing something else?

InDeCiSive

Quote from: Snickerz on May 29, 2013, 10:35:15 PM
Nope, I've lived in almost every state west of the Mississippi in an average of 4 towns for each one.

Am I the only one who can't sit still for longer than five minutes without doing something else?

4 different schools before I was out of elementary,  4 states in as many years, and road trips to weird places whenever I get the chance.

And no, you aren't.  But being fidgety is a good way to help loose weight actually.  It burns more calories than sitting still.

Daoine Sidhe

I can't sit still, stand still, or even sleep still.  Heh.  I'm a ball of energy, I suppose.  Or maybe I just have a really short attention span.

Am I the only one who drinks a gallon of tea nearly every week?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

InDeCiSive

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on May 29, 2013, 11:49:53 PM
I can't sit still, stand still, or even sleep still.  Heh.  I'm a ball of energy, I suppose.  Or maybe I just have a really short attention span.

Am I the only one who drinks a gallon of tea nearly every week?

Look there, my glass is empty.  Must be time for Sleepytime tea.  ^.^

Am I the only one who has to clean the entire kitchen whenever the dishes get done?  (I just finished this chore, can't stop til the floor is swiffered)

Daoine Sidhe

Nah.  Once I'm done with the dishes, I'm done!  Cleaning is such a ... chore.  ;)

Am I the only one who has a viciously strict standard for movies and TV shows?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

despickable

I don't have standards on movie or tv but most of it is rubbish anyway

Am I the only one who doesn't have an I Phone and lacks interest in getting one

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Koto0005

Quote from: despickable on May 30, 2013, 06:50:37 AM
I don't have standards on movie or tv but most of it is rubbish anyway

Am I the only one who doesn't have an I Phone and lacks interest in getting one
I hate apple and refuse to get one.

Also, I wanted to say, I'm excited. I didn't expect this thread to get so many responses so fast!! :D
I'm taking a break.
As it is, i haven't been very active lately due to financial, emotional, and work stressers. Every weekend ive made an atempt to start writing, but have no motivation for it. My break is.. indefinite, i have no clue how long ill be away... anyway.. sorry if I've disappointed any of you.. those that have questions feel free to ask, and if i have you in messenger, ill still chat for sure.

despickable

I add to the above

Am I the only one who doesn't have a smart phone I don't want to be dumber than my property

(It's a great little thread  KoTo well done on adding to the fun here on E)

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Jclaymore

Am I the only one who thinks replacing all sitcoms, 90% of the talent shows and all the horrible, brainless cartoons with good Anime's?

oh and Despickable? you realize that a computer or laptop is essentially smarter then a smart phone? XD

despickable

Quote from: Jclaymore on May 30, 2013, 09:37:22 AM
oh and Despickable? you realize that a computer or laptop is essentially smarter then a smart phone? XD

(This is so but a PC doesn't sit in my pocket and smirk at me and make me look like an idiot in public when I can't head nor tail of how to work it.)

Am I the only one who doesn't find the Office (either version) funny?

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

InDeCiSive

I'd be up for getting rid of 90% of whats on tv in general. Replace it with more of anything that's left, but anime is a good place to start.  :D
I've watched a couple episodes of the Office.  It was alright but I wasn't horribly impressed.

Am I the only one who, no matter how excited I am for plans for the day, still sometimes has trouble getting out of bed on my day off?

Jclaymore

never heard of the Office. I do recommend Bleach, Fairy Tail and my favourite above all, Black Lagoon. Especially Black Lagoon XD

And you're not the only one, cus I have trouble getting out of my bed anyway XD

am I the only one who decides to go do some serious work, but ends up doing things like this instead?

Koto0005

Quote from: Jclaymore on May 30, 2013, 09:55:53 AM
never heard of the Office. I do recommend Bleach, Fairy Tail and my favourite above all, Black Lagoon. Especially Black Lagoon XD

And you're not the only one, cus I have trouble getting out of my bed anyway XD

am I the only one who decides to go do some serious work, but ends up doing things like this instead?
Hahaha! no you're not the only one. I do the same crap.

Good anime:
Mirai Nikki
Higurashi No Nako
kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka
Shakugan No Shana
Kill Me Baby
Lucky Star
Vividred Operation
Mahou Shojou Madoku Majika. (i know it's girly but it's fuckin awesome)
I'm taking a break.
As it is, i haven't been very active lately due to financial, emotional, and work stressers. Every weekend ive made an atempt to start writing, but have no motivation for it. My break is.. indefinite, i have no clue how long ill be away... anyway.. sorry if I've disappointed any of you.. those that have questions feel free to ask, and if i have you in messenger, ill still chat for sure.

Jclaymore

Quote from: Koto0005 on May 30, 2013, 10:25:43 AM
Hahaha! no you're not the only one. I do the same crap.

Good anime:
Mirai Nikki
Higurashi No Nako
kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka
Shakugan No Shana
Kill Me Baby
Lucky Star
Vividred Operation
Mahou Shojou Madoku Majika. (i know it's girly but it's fuckin awesome)
Damn, you're getting more awesome by the second XD
Mirai Nikki
Higurashi No Nako, planning to watch after I finish bleach
kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka SEEN, I loved this one XD
Shakugan No Shana, by the looks of the description I gotta watch this one too *adds to my list of anime to watch*
Kill Me Baby, seems funny enough XD
Lucky Star my brain had molten after the second episode. I'm afraid to keep watching that one. *awkward*
Vividred Operation, from what I read, it seems practically Magic Girl genre. XD
Mahou Shojou Madoku Majika, actually gonna watch that too. which reminds me.

Am I the only guy who can actually enjoy girlish anime and manga? Or do ALL guys secretly like it too XD

Koto0005

I'm taking a break.

Daoine Sidhe

iPhone/smartphone?  Don't got one, and I don't like Apple or Microsoft.  Both money-grabbing SOBs.
Replacing sitcoms with anime?  Please, God no.  Anime can be just as confusing as stupid as any sitcom.  You just have to find the right one (same with Anime).
Office?  Totally stupid.
Getting out of bed?  Heh, I sleep way too much.
Serious work?  Me?  Never.
Anime?  Being a female, I can't answer that one for you.  I'm not much of an anime person, myself.

Am I the only one who walks around her apartment/house naked (or mostly naked)?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Jclaymore

I don't have the confidence in my body to walk around naked lol

Am I the only one who constantly falls asleep in class whether I'm tired or not?

Daoine Sidhe

It depended on the class.  Not being in any classes anymore, I don't do that now.

Am I the only one who can't sleep, despite being dead tired?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Snickerz

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on May 31, 2013, 06:28:50 AM
It depended on the class.  Not being in any classes anymore, I don't do that now.

Am I the only one who can't sleep, despite being dead tired?

Nope I'm there right this minute in fact.

Am I the only one that doesn't like television commercials?

InDeCiSive

Nope, I hate commercials to the point I don't watch tv, and only rarely watch anything on Hulu.

Am I the only one who seems to have to use the restroom at the most inopportune times?

Snickerz

Quote from: InDeCiSive on June 02, 2013, 08:53:19 PM
Nope, I hate commercials to the point I don't watch tv, and only rarely watch anything on Hulu.

Am I the only one who seems to have to use the restroom at the most inopportune times?

haha, nice! I don't even have cable, and I don't even know what hulu is. haha, just kidding I know what it is but never watched i.
Oh my gosh I do too! And I'll go right before I need to be at the meeting, and during the meeting be squirming because I have to go.

Am I the only one who doesn't like peas?