The Town of Elliquiy (Reboot) <Interest Check>

Started by NaughtyKitty, January 13, 2013, 06:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

is there a local college/university? trying to cook up a good character persona for this while working on other things

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: apygoos on January 17, 2013, 06:36:46 PM
is there a local college/university? trying to cook up a good character persona for this while working on other things

Not really.  One of the other players is playing a college student....but he's a long distance commuter. 

Which side of things were you wanting to be on?  Student or Teacher?  Because we would have a regular school system....that could use teachers.

stargirl

Should I find a family first or should I make a character and wait for a family to come?

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: stargirl on January 17, 2013, 07:45:59 PM
Should I find a family first or should I make a character and wait for a family to come?

That...is up to you.  Though if you wait, you can't get in the game.  If you make your character, you can always make up an NPC family or just add someone into your family later. 

stargirl

Ok. I can make a young wife. She just turned 20 and her husband is in the military, so he may be traveling a lot. So she may get friend of some of the nice ladies in town or someone else.

Is it a good starting concept?

SpiralSpider

Gah! I'm so frustrated! I spent a few hours preparing my proposed character's bio and then I accidently closed chrome and lost it all.  :'(

I'll write another one up as soon as I can, but until then I'd just like to say I'm interested in joining this game.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

SpiralSpider

Character Name: Ichiro ito
(Though his mother calls him 'Bae' - a Korean word that means "inspiration")

Sex: Male
Orientation: Pansexual
Job: Photographer
Played By: Chaznia

Appearance

How he looked during his previous occupation:
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee406/Mostly_roleplay_pictures/People/tumblr_lv3g9qX9c81r5szhho1_r1_250_zpsd3bc7838.jpg
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee406/Mostly_roleplay_pictures/People/b25853758.jpg

Height: 5'7
Weight: 145 lbs
Body Type: Toned (Though not as much as he was during his modeling days)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: a very dark Brown
Distinguishing Features: a light brown birthmark, roughly in the shape of an hourglass, on the lower left side of his back.

Personality Ichiro is soft-spoken and he keeps to himself a lot - giving the appearance of being shy. However, he has a goofy side that can come out once he gets to know someone - mostly because he is such a nerd at heart. Due to his parents, he loves all things involving animation and still actively watches cartoons and plays video games. Due to his friends, he is also into tabletop games and roleplaying, but these things he usually keeps to himself. He has a way of staring intently into someone's eyes while they talk, which makes most people believe that he's paying deep attention, though it does unnerve some people who do not like to be watched too closely. He is a romantic at heart, always hoping to recreate the endless love that his parents seem to have - but at the moment, the great adventure that is obtaining citizenship in America is his first priority and he's too busy exploring this new corner of the world through his art to focus on any sort of social life. That being said, he is amicable and courteous and doesn't like to prematurely end a conversation if one is offered.

natural landscapes
general geekery
dirty martinis
abstract art
kinbaku-bi
literature
animals
Ons:
light-colored eyes
sensory play
kindness
romance
honesty
Dislikes:
strong-smelling cheese
sudden loud noises
flattery
Offs:
hurting someone (causing unwanted pain, suffering, humiliation of any kind)
a lack of pubic hair on his partners
open relationships
arrogance
Absolutely Nots: ~ Anything in my personal 'OFFs' list.

History: During the 70s and 80s, Korea had banned Japanese media. Ae-cha, the woman who would eventually become Ichiro's mother, traveled out of her country and directly to the source, in order to seek a position in her favorite industry. Back home, she had attended a small art school and performed animation and drawing in her free time so she was eventually able to obtain a job in Japan where she met her future husband, Hiro, who worked in story board development. Together, the two went on to work in many projects now known world-wide. From the moment they met, they were head-over-heels, crazy in love. Hiro was the type to fawn over his wife and the two were so lovey-dovey that they made some sick, but inspired others - like their son. Ichiro was their only child, making his name ("first born son") completely unnecessary.

His early youth was spent in the safe and welcoming arms of his parents (who worked at home) in the farmlands of southern Hokkaido. Though once his middle school years approached, his parents decided to make the move to fast-paced Tokyo, in which he was eventually "discovered" by a local modeling agency. He made his way through school, though the last year was mostly self-taught - and simultaneously achieved fame in much of eastern Asia through his modeling - a career he continued with for more than 12 years. In Japan and Korea, in particular (which were easy to work in due to the familiarity he had with them already and since he was fluent in both languages) he had a large fan-following and could be seen on advertisements and in a few small roles on television.

However, Ichiro had always been quiet and prone to introspection. He savored rare solitude more and more as time passed him by and his fame grew. He found himself drawn to the other side of the lens and picked up photography first as a hobby and with the tips and encouragement of the photographers he knew, he managed to draw some credit on the art scene through a fake name. Those same people helped him find a job in America so he could obtain his work Visa and retire from the celebrity lifestyle for good. He's very grateful for the help they gave to establish his success in the career he chose in the end. It's now been nearly two years since he slowly withdrew from the spotlight and about three months since he suddenly made his move to the States. Luckily, his first and last names are fairly common so he's not immediately known by it. He hopes to do well in his job, eventually freelancing if he can.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Kokaine

Quote from: NaughtyKitty on January 17, 2013, 05:58:53 PM
Approved: Lux Russo - Kokaine

Welcome to town!   Have fun.  Please do me a favor and put together a thread for your home and for your place of business.  Once you've created your threads...please send me the links so I can update the Locations Thread.  Thanks!

Awesome ^^

Will get those threads up once I get home.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

NaughtyKitty

Approved Character:  Ichiro Ito - Chaznia

Welcome to town!  Just like everyone else, I'll need links to a Home Thread and a Work Thread.  You can post them for me in the OOC Thread or IM them to me. Thanks!

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: Kokaine on January 18, 2013, 10:56:58 AM
Awesome ^^

Will get those threads up once I get home.

Great!  Look forward to playing with you!

Kerri

I'm very interested in this. I'm relatively new here, and have yet to play in any of the game forums. I was wondering how long I have to create a character before you stop accepting new people, or do you plan on adding more people through out as they come in, or as the need arises?

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Angel Fire

I see that y'all need a doctor to ail your wounds or maybe someone to talk about your problems?

I'll get a sheet up soon! *Smiles*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Angel Fire

Character Name: Camille LeCroix

Sex: Female
Orientation: Homosexual
Job: Doctor
Played By: Angel Fire

Appearance

Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 125
Body Type: Toned
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Features: A small tattoo of a rose on her stomach just above her waist

Personality:
Camille is somewhat shy at first towards people outside of her job but when she is working, she is a calming force to a patient.  She takes pride in her work in making sure that her patients heal and hopefully be better than they were before their injuries or ailments.  Once people can get past her shy exterior, they find out that she is actually a very caring woman, she values her friendships and if she ever finds that "Special woman" in her heart, than she will do almost anything for her... even if that means doing things that she may not want to do.  She can be persuaded to do some crazy things if dared to do so.  She is also gullible to a point.  Though she may not catch on to some jokes, she is actually a smart woman.  She speaks with a French-Canadian accent and with some slips of the French language at times.

Likes: Flowers, Walks in the park, Pasta, Romance novels and movies, tender moments, foreplay, dance music, the occasional drink
Dislikes: People telling to change her ways, squishy foods (like squash, asparagus and zucchini), forced sex, sweaty people
Absolutely Nots: Scat, vore, gore

History:
Born near Montreal, Quebec, Camille was a studious girl who took to school with a vigor.  She didn't have many friends since her looks were something that were left to be desired.  She was raised as a strict Catholic but she was not into the ways of her parent's upbringing.  She felt that she was different at a very young age when she started to have a crush on her female English teacher.  She knew that if she would ever a words about her crush to her parents, than she would be given a dose of how the Bible abhors homosexuals.  She thought that this was a phase but it was not meant to be.

Moving from Montreal over to Portland due to her father's job relocation when she was 14, she noticed how free spirited the people were in that city.  She loved being in the outdoors and the women were looking much more beautiful to her.  As she grew up, her features started to become more feminine and much more pretty.  She was picked up on by a lot of guys in high School but she kept rejecting them.  That started rumors about her that she was a lesbian.  She didn't admit to those rumors but by now, she knew that those rumors were true.  She started to be a little more sociable once a few people asked her out to some small parties.  She was like the wallflower at those parties, indulging in some booze at times but mostly, she watched out for who she though was the one at the time.

Her name was Brittany and she touched Camille's heart in many ways,  Brittany was friendly, outgoing and most of all, as she found out later, also homosexual.  Camille and Brittany were almost inseparable as they seemed to be very happy but all of that changed when Camille was 17.  Driving home from a party, They were on a windy dirt road at night.  Brittany was slightly drunk when there was a tight u-turn in the road.  Hitting the curve at 35 MPH, they did not make it completely around as the car smashed head first into a tree.  Luckily, Camille was wearing her seat belt but Brittany did not.  Seeing Brittany's head smash against the steering wheel, Camille tried all that she could to save her eventual lover.  She tried everything, including CPR and talking to her but by the time the ambulance arrived, it was too late.  Brittany was gone forever.

It was after Brittany's accident that she decided to dedicate her life to saving people and helping them heal in Brittany's memory.  Going to Medical School at Oregon State University, Camille was just as studious as she was when she was a little girl but now, she had a purpose in her life.  She didn't date too often but she did meet a couple of women in her university.  She never had sex with them because she could not get Brittany out of her mind.  Finally graduating after almost 9 years of medical school, she found an ad for a doctor at a clinic in the small town of Elliquiy.  She felt that this was her calling and now, she takes care of all of the town's people and their ailments while at the same time, wanting to find her "Brittany".
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: stargirl on January 17, 2013, 08:31:20 PM
Ok. I can make a young wife. She just turned 20 and her husband is in the military, so he may be traveling a lot. So she may get friend of some of the nice ladies in town or someone else.

Is it a good starting concept?

Sure.  I don't see why not.  :)

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: Kerri on January 19, 2013, 12:58:09 PM
I'm very interested in this. I'm relatively new here, and have yet to play in any of the game forums. I was wondering how long I have to create a character before you stop accepting new people, or do you plan on adding more people through out as they come in, or as the need arises?

We're still accepting characters.  The Town itself is more of a backdrop for everyone to play against more than it's a single game.  Just like in real life, not everything is interconnected....but it is a small town, so figure that if you do something, everyone will know about it in short order.  lol.

marauder13

So, if it hasn't already been filled, how about the owner of the local watering hole?

I have an idea or two for the owner, and as soon as I get him hashed out, I'll submit him for approval.

Cheers,

M13

stargirl

I noticed that there is a lot of homosexual characters in the story. I was wondering how is the town acceptance of this. Are them all publicly known? Is the some prejudice toward it? Do other players roleplay some prejudice, even if a soft one?

I'm from a small town myself and I know how this kind of prejudice goes. I was thinking if it was something to have in the story.

RedEve

Don't want to be a nag, and I very much love the core concept of this game, but I am still struggling with thinking of a good opening post.

In terms of the town's size, how many deputies would Rebecca have?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

marauder13

Character Name: Sebastian Rhys-Hamilton

Sex: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
Job: Owner, The Fisherman's Net (Local Bar)
Played By: marauder13

Appearance 6'2" tall, heavy build. Light brown hair, conservatively cut, blue eyes, lightly tanned skin. Mostly wears polo shirts and jeans.

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 230 lbs
Body Type: Heavy, broad shoulders, slight padding about the waist
Hair Color: Light brown with the occasional grey strand
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Features: none

Personality

Sociable and amenable while working, though will be a boss when he needs to. Otherwise quiet, keeps to himself out of work hours, but is polite to anyone he meets.

Likes: Reading, tea, leisurely drives in his right hand drive MG, live music, helping people.
Dislikes: drinking Coffee (the smell he can put up with), reporters, abusive people
Absolutely Nots: See Ons and Offs.

History:

Sebastian was the oldest of five children born to owners of the 'Toad & Barrel' pub in a small town in Lancashire, England. He spent his spare time in the pub's main room, listening to the tales of the various people who came in for a pint and a good place to rest. Soon, the tales lost interest to Sebastian, but the people fascinated him a great deal. He found himself trying to imagine what they were like, what they thought, did and acted outside the pub. That liking stayed with him even as he became more interested in medicine in his later school years.

He was accepted into King's College London School of Medicine, where he was eventually awarded his MBBS. He then went onto gain Psychiatric qualifications in Forensic Psychiatry from the Royal College of Psychiatrists. During that time, he liaised with the FBI's BAU, accepting an offer to work with them on completion of his higher studies. He worked well with his American counterparts, until during one case, he was abducted by the suspect they were looking for, and was subjected to 13 days of psychological hell that left him incapable of further work in his chosen field of interest.

A year of treatment saw him back to be able to interact with the greater community. He took some time off to travel, and while passing through Portland, he heard of a bar in a small town being up for sale. He found it appealing, reminding him of where he grew up. After spending a week in Elliquiy, he decided that it would make for a good place to settle down and resume his life. For the last two years, he has happily run "The Fisherman's Net", slowly healing and moving forward in his life.

He has kept his history quiet, out of respect to the Sheriff and Doctor, as well as his own desire not to get unwanted sympathy from the locals. The last thing he wanted, or even needed, was either of those two people thinking he was judging them, threatening their positions or trying to big note himself. When asked about his past, he tells them he decided he needed a change in his life, and "returned to his roots looking after drunks and party-goers". While trying to keep a low profile, he gets visits from law enforcement people from time to time, most of it social, but occasionally he gets a more 'formal' visit to assist on cases he had a hand in.

He still has some of his equipment from his time in active service, namely a Browning 9mm pistol and ammunition for the same, and his personal field medical kit which is more like a medium suitcase that he keeps fully stocked, just in case of emergencies.

marauder13

Quote from: stargirl on January 20, 2013, 04:32:09 AM
I noticed that there is a lot of homosexual characters in the story. I was wondering how is the town acceptance of this. Are them all publicly known? Is the some prejudice toward it? Do other players roleplay some prejudice, even if a soft one?

I'm from a small town myself and I know how this kind of prejudice goes. I was thinking if it was something to have in the story.

Having something like conservative outlooks in such a setting would be rather silly to leave out. It would depend on how open the various characters are about their sexual preferences as to how and when that would come into effect. But since it has been raised, it wouldn't hurt for various players of non heterosexual characters to think about how open they are, and how they would react to any prejudice.

Roleplays thrive on drama and tensions, and this one will be no different I suspect. Just think of the scope you'd have for fun, excitement and all the other stuff that can be generated from it all.

marauder13

Quote from: RedEve on January 20, 2013, 04:53:12 AM
Don't want to be a nag, and I very much love the core concept of this game, but I am still struggling with thinking of a good opening post.

In terms of the town's size, how many deputies would Rebecca have?

Being someone who isn't an American, I really have no idea. But, if it were me in that position, I would reference two deputies in an opening post, and leave the rest of it vague for now until someone more knowledgeable can assist.

Kokaine

@marauder13
I have my character Lux as having a part time job bartending at the local joint. Would you be open to her working for your character a few nights a week?

Speaking for my character specifically, Lux is open and doesn't care what people think its just one thing in a list of things for people to complain or gossip about with regard to her. I personally do not mind IC drama so however others choose to have their characters feel and act is fine by me. I just tend to go with the flow and let the RP go where it wants.

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

marauder13

Quote from: Kokaine on January 20, 2013, 05:14:17 AM
@marauder13
I have my character Lux as having a part time job bartending at the local joint. Would you be open to her working for your character a few nights a week?

@kokaine
Seeing where Lux worked, that was what made me choose to take the owner of the bar - so I would have at least one established link with a character, as well as all the drifting traffic. So definitely, as you have described in your background. After that, we can hash out anything else during play. Of course, if you have any further questions, or ideas, please PM me and we can see what we come up with.

Arion

During one of my visits to Eugene I got into a conversation with the neighbors of the person I was staying with, a homosexual male couple, about this.  From what they told me, and what I saw around town, Oregon for the most part is very accepting of homosexuals.  Even people from the more rural areas and smaller towns don't really pay that much attention to it.

All in all, Oregon seemed pretty progressive, and things like homosexuality are mostly a non-issue in most of the state.
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

stargirl

Character Name: Anna Sophia Peterson

Sex: Female
Orientation: Heterosexual (She may be actually bi-curious but wouldn't admit even to herself)
Job: Housewife
Played By: stargirl

Appearance

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 122 lbs
Hair Color: Long blond hair.
Eye Color: Green
Distinguishing Features: A very friendly smile.

Personality

Anna Sophia is from a very conservative family. She is usually shy but tries to be friendly to all. Her friends will say she is funny and playful, all else would say she is just quiet.
Dislikes: Homosexual, Evil people, atheists.
Absolutely Nots:  Having Absolute Nots.
History:
Anna Sophia comes from a very conservative family from a conservative town in Wisconsin. She have dreamed all life to marry a good man and make a family for herself. That was so that just after she turned 18 she got married to a man from the army. For her he is just the perfect handsome and absolute moral man. It was all she dreamed off.

As for her education, she is sadly very homophobic. She wouldn't say that openly, but she would tell this disapproving things to people she knows better. Actually she is bi-curious, but she wouldn't accept that. She made a shell for herself and she can't get out of it alone.

A few months ago they have moved to Elliquiy Town as her husband have been transfered. It didn't help as he is out of home very often.

(Her husband can be an NPC or someone may want to play him. It would be more fun if he was gay or at least bi-sexual)