Looking for Storyteller for Scion campaign

Started by writersmelody, February 07, 2011, 02:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

writersmelody

I have recently come into the Scion: Hero book and am looking forward to trying this system out. My experience with system RP is very limited, alas, but I am an eager and quick study.

So I am looking for a Storyteller to run the campaign found in the first book, The Long Road to Heaven. So I have two questions:

1) Would anyone else be interested in being a part of it as a player?

2) Is anyone out there willing to take on the duties of the Storyteller?

As for what category this would fall under, I am fine with it being under any from Light to Extreme. Whatever the other players might wish for.
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

Muse

I would have fun playing.  :)  I know there are many sucessful Scion GMs, but somehow I have always failed when I tried to run. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ixy

Scion is pretty neat :)  I couldn't possibly find time to GM it, sorry, but I would consider joining if supporting players are needed.

writersmelody

I'd love to do the campaign in the first book, The Long Road to Heaven. So far the system seems really interesting and I'm DYING to give it a try.

I'd offer to run a game myself but I haven't the experience and I'd really like to play.

And of course other characters would be welcome. There is a reason I posted this in the group RP request board. ;) Ideally there'd be a fairly even mixture of male and female characters. I'm thinking that five or six players all together could make for an interesting complement of pantheons and personalities while not getting overwhelming for the Storyteller. And if I'm not mistaken, each member of the Band should be from a different pantheon?
- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

Cold Heritage

I don't think the Band has to be made up of Scions each from different pantheons, but that's just how they did it for Long Road to Heaven because they used the pregen characters in the book.

I'd be willing to give playing a whirl.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

fallensaviour

hmm...the problem i have with running the long road to heaven is that its in the core book thus at least a few surprises will be lost

writersmelody

It's not mandatory to do the Long Road to Heaven. :) I'm just looking for a Hero-level campaign that will give the Scions opportunity to prove their mettle and level up and such, something in keeping with the overall plot.

- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

fallensaviour

damn....hmm *ponders* i very well could run something...except during work and sleep hours of course.  but i very well could put something together maybe i've had an idea or two that never got really far

Ixy

Well, think on it, Fallen-- it can be tough trying to post regularly, with clear detail, for a whole group, as I'm sure you know. 

I can see either a variation on or a reinterpreting of Long Road to Heaven working well, but the key advantage of it is that the ST would have some of the work already done for them.  I, for one, haven't read it at all... I tend to skip over the pre-made storylines, so it wouldn't bother me a bit.  And I'm sure that, in practice, the story and plots will develop very differently once the players and ST dig in with their own ideas.

I know this is jumping the gun a bit, but I'm going to start drafting character ideas. 

fallensaviour

thats the other thing, without the sample characters it really would have to be reinterpreted...at least the entire 2nd act

avorae

I would love to join this if it actually gets off the ground...
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Tomalak

If you do get this going, you'll have no end of willing players.  Good luck!
My apologies for spotty posting habits this week (the first week in march).  I have been ill, so they may continue.  I'm taking care of myself, so I hope it will pass soon.

Ixy

I'm certain that's true.  Would love to see how it works out.  Best of luck!

HairyHeretic

There's an entire campaign in the Ragnarok book, and at least two or three other Scion GMs about whose brains could be picked for plots and scenario inspiration too :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Callie Del Noire

Never got to play out my scion idea.. the Scion of Loki who Coyote wanted to 'adopt'. :D

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Anna “Lupo” Barking-Dog (aka Anna 'Lodges')
Calling: Private Detective
Pantheon: The Aesir
Nature: Trickster
God: Loki

Description: A woman of American-Indian decent (Crow Nation) with extensive tattoos on both arms. (Right Arm: Massive wolf in chains (Fenrir), Left Arm: A long monstrous serpent that extends down her arm to her wrist before looping
back to bit at it's own tail (Midguard serpent))

Background: Born to a single mother on the reservation, Anna's mother was run off by her family's bias towards her halfbreed' daughter. As a result she grew up in the gutter of the Dallas/Fort Worth area as her mother moved from job to job (typically 2 or 3 jobs at once) while trying to keep a daughter who seemed cursed to get into trouble at the very least opportunity. Despite this she learned a code to live by. Honor your word. Family matters. Return good for good, and bad for bad.

She learned quickly she could lie with the best and play nearly anyone for a patsy but typically she used her knack for guile to keep out of trouble and to avoid the gangs that ran the areas she lived in. Occasionally she would turn the tables on those who fleeced the weak and gullible.

Then her mother was gunned down and she was written off as 'wrong place-wrong time'. Lupo turned her knack for reading a scene, asking questions that people couldn't avoid answering and manipulating people to work. Soon enough she found
out who was in the car that gunned her mother down, and who they were gunning for. A word here, a rumor there, and she had the two gangs moving towards a 'truce'. She managed to be there at the right moment, and suddenly.. her world  changed.

She could see the threads of the event as her machinations came to fruition.  It was as if a sheet had been lifted and the real world came into focus. She had been good at manipulating people before, but now she was unbelievable. In ten minutes, she had almost all the gang members of both gangs shooting at each other. When it was all said and done, she found herself and one other standing in the ruins of the truce. Her father, Loki, who had come to help her though her revenge and ensuing Visitation.

Of course, like everything else, there was a twist. She was the child of the least trust of the Aesir and to make things more interesting Coyote came forward to try and 'adopt' her, laying claim to her by distant descent. As best she can figure from the old trickster, she's his great-great-great-great-grand-daughter. Of course he's as big a liar as her father, and herself, so it could all be along con on the Coyote's part. Loki has begrudgingly agreed to 'consider' it in exchange for her doing certain tasks at his direction.

ATTRIBUTES (8/6/4)
Strength: 2       Perception: 4    Charisma: 3
Dexterity: 3 [2]   Intelligence: 3    Manipulation: 4 [2]
Stamina: 2 Wits: 4[2] Appearance: 2

ABILITIES (30)
Academics: 2
Athletics: 2
Awareness:      3
Brawl (F):      2
Control:        2
Empathy (F) 2
Investigation:  2
Larceny (F):    3
Marksmanship:   2
Melee:         2
Occult (F): 2
Presence: 2
Stealth (F): 4
Survival: 1
Thrown: 1

Birthrights
Relic: Ring 3 (Access: Chaos, Fire. Guide)
Guide: Coyote Spirit: 3

Virtues: Will Power: 6/6
Courage 2 Legend: 3(9/8)
Endurance 3 Health: 0/-1/-1/-2/-2/-4
Expression 3 Soak: A:0/L:1/B:2
Loyalty 2 Armor:

Dodge Defense: (Dex: 3 + Athletics: 2 + Legend: 3/2 =4)
Parry Defense: (Dex: 3 + Brawl/Melee 2 + Legend:3 + Weapon +?/2)

Weapons

Boons (10/10)
Epic Manipulation: 2 God's Honest,Takes One to Know One, Blurt It Out
Epic Wits:2 Instant Investigator, Rabbit Reflexes
Epic Dexterity: 2 Lightning Sprinter, Untouchable Oppoent
Chaos: Eye of the Storm, Hornet's Nest
Fire:Fire Immunity

BP (15/)
Legend  +1(7), Virtue +1 (3), Birthrights +1 (1), Knack +1(3), Ability +1
(1, Favored)

yesiroleplay

I'd love to play a scion game if this ever finds a Storyteller.
And I won't pick Odin as a sire.  Promise! 
* yesiroleplay peeks again at all those epic stats and purviews
No!  Not Odin, some other deity.  Yeah.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 12, 2011, 07:17:58 PM
Never got to play out my scion idea.. the Scion of Loki who Coyote wanted to 'adopt'. :D

Where were you taking the rules for Coyote from? Or was that more background than rules?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 12, 2011, 07:33:07 PM
Where were you taking the rules for Coyote from? Or was that more background than rules?

More background that rules..she's the Scion of Loki.. Coyote is trying to adopt her.. Basically she is a bone between two big dogs. :D

HairyHeretic

Gotcha. I know there have been one or two fan created pantheons for the Native Americans, so thought you might have been using one of those.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 12, 2011, 07:57:45 PM
Gotcha. I know there have been one or two fan created pantheons for the Native Americans, so thought you might have been using one of those.

I got the ..what were they called.. Gazaetter's with the Celt and Chinese pantheons.. don't recall if they did a Native Indian.. but looking at the old Tricker's stories he shares a LOT of commonality in scope with Loki. Fire, Chaos and such.

HairyHeretic

The Companion hardback has the Celtic, Indian and Chinese pantheons, and the Yazata were released as an ebook which I think is going to print soon. Coyote would probably get along great with my own characters divine father *points to the avatar*  :D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 12, 2011, 08:05:33 PM
The Companion hardback has the Celtic, Indian and Chinese pantheons, and the Yazata were released as an ebook which I think is going to print soon. Coyote would probably get along great with my own characters divine father *points to the avatar*  :D

Trust me.. the Monkey King was one of the ones I toyed with when I read about the game.. I mean..he strikes me as the type to have LOTS of very ugly but strangely attractive and athletic kids all over China. All of them trouble.

HairyHeretic

If fallensavior isn't able to step up as GM, I'll consider it. I need to get the rest of my games caught up after being off for a couple of weeks first, but given Scion is probably my favourite game I could maybe be persuaded :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Ixy

*enables powers of persuasion and turns the dial to 11*

HairyHeretic

Fallensaviour expressed interest in running a game as well. I'll wait for him to say yay or nay first.

Cattle die, kinsmen die