Shadow over the City (Disaster themed Survival interest check)

Started by TotesRider, August 02, 2016, 05:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TotesRider

So I may be a little more than hopped up on all things Giant Monster (Shin Godzilla cannot come soon enough) and had an idea for a giant monster themed survival RP.

Story
And some music to set the tone

At any moment of any day, a disaster can strike from anywhere. Whether it be a hurricane, a tornado, a massive rain storm, a volcanic eruption, an earthquake and so on. Mankind has spent years devising strategies to protect their citizens and respond to these disasters. However on December 31st, New York became victim to a disaster no one could have ever predicted. As the the morning sun rolled in to welcome the final day of 2016, dark clouds began to form above the city. With it came a blanket of dark grey ash, and then... IT appeared. It was a giant bipedal creature supposedly about four hundred feet tall, completely obscured by a cloud of ash aside from a pair of glowing red eyes and white teeth. With it's appearance came a wave of destruction as it rampaged through the city. The military was quick to act but regular weapons seemed ineffective against the giant. Soon enough, a giant ring of Ash surrounded the city making entrance and escape almost completely impossible.

On the last day of the year, this is the story of those trapped in the city and now in the mercy of the ashen monster that still walks.

It's still a rough idea that I would like to expand on, but if anyone is interested just lemme know and maybe we can brainstorm some ideas.

Kimmy

It catches my curiosity for sure. But are you thinking magical, alien, mad science or prehistoric themes for the monster? Surprisingly I find myself uncomfortable with the idea of a fantasy themed magical Godzilla. Also is youR monster a Titan? Or something more like Godzilla? Your description is vague but has me thinking its a magical Titan for some reason... Which is probably totally wrong...
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...