Interest Check: City of the Drow 3.5 DnD (rebootx2!!)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, February 01, 2012, 05:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Krayz started the original thread in here; https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=118750.0
I started reboot thread where I collected bunch of players, but overtime the matron mothers became unreliable to post and soon I NPC one, then two and then all three matron mothers and it drained me off juice to keep posts daily. So reboot is in here; https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=120586.0

Now, we seek brand new players and some old players roll new characthers (which must be posted in here or in OOC thread of the game). Game idea is basically that you roleplay as inhabitants of drow city of Erelhei Cinlu in sandbox setting (mostly drow but can give expectional chars opening but we want keep this game drow focused so no more than 1/5 players can be non-drow). We originally had multiple matron mothers but we decided for now we place all players under rule of a single house and single PC controlled matron mother (with few openings for freelancers and independant drows who work outside the house in merc fashion or run a business). So matron mother candidates must be able post daily for long term! Or very least consistenly once every 48 hours. First page of OOC thread have some house rules how seduction/willbreaking works (those interested on those things) and also posting format.

OOC thread

Erelhei-Cinlu

History
Vault of the Drow

House Eilservs was long the most powerful of Erelhei-Cinlu's noble houses, and long believed that the city should be ruled by a single queen of their house. When the other noble houses allied against the Eilservs to prevent this from happening, the Eilservs renounced the worship of the demon queen Lolth, turning instead to an Elder Elemental God. They then attempted to establish a puppet kingdom in the surface world dedicated to the worship of their new deity, hoping this would bring them enough power that their claims to supreme power in the Vault could no longer be denied. This scheme was thwarted by a band of adventurers.

The same adventuring party,with numerous allies, then entered the Vault itself and assaulted the Eilservs estates and the Great Fane of Lolth itself. In the aftermath the Eilservs were ruined, their wealth and power shattered, and vengeful priestesses of Lolth turned on them to exile what remained. Many fled to the lesser drow city of Angrimm, which was subsequently overrun by the vampire spawns by a female drow vampire countess known as De'lilyth.

The Priestess Wars

Back in the city, the remaining noble houses squabbled for dominance. The Tormtor and Kilsek houses were the chief claimants, and the Tormtor elected to reject Lolth and embrace the worship of Kiaransalee to challenge the Kilsek's claim that their long devotion to Lolth had earned them the right to supremacy. The houses of Everhate and Aleval allied with the Tormtor, as did a group of extraplanar githyanki. With the Kilsek faction was aligned the houses of Despana, Noquar, Godeep, as well as the illithids who naturally opposed their githyanki enemies (most likely these were the illithids of nearby Dra-Mur-Shou).

As chaos and savage battles overtook the Vault, hundreds of drow died, as did hundreds of their mercenaries. Conflict lasted two centuries.

The war was finally ended after Eclavdra abased herself before Lolth and underwent a horrible punishment to prove herself. Surviving unmarred, she made a pact with her goddess whose nature remains obscure, but evidently involved seducing and betraying the demon lord Graz'zt. In reward, Lolth intervened personally to end the war. Though turning her concentration to this conflict cost the Demon Queen of Spiders her two
promising holdings in the surface, the war was ended definitively. House Eilserv was reinstated in power and House Kilsek was banished, replaced with House Archwinter who took over ghetto of the dead by House Eilserv blessing after arise of the rather unique case of matron mother who had single night slaugthered all siblings and own mother since she was send to be sacrificed by Lolth. Leaving no doubt that Lolth had been enraged wrong judgement call by former matron mother of Archwinter.

Most recently, House Lice-Drilloth has risen to power by exterminating the last of House Everhate by using army of spiders and handful driders. Also, House Shi'quos was displaced (destroyed) by the up-and-coming House d'Szeossen by using rather nefarious means, such as assassination and extortion, along with leveling accusations of treason.

The drow of Erelhei-Cinlu have gained a certain perspective from these tumultuous events, replacing overt military schemes with more subtle scheming, at least for the time being.

Geography

Erelhei-Cinlu lies in a huge cavern, over six miles long and nearly as wide, beneath the Hellfurnaces known as the Vault (also known as the Vault of the Drow). A huge chunk of turnkeoite on the ceiling of the Vault gives the appearance of an alien moon, whilst much smaller deposits of other exotic minerals give one the impression of an starry night sky.

Major bodies of water within the Vault include the Pitchy Flow, the Weeping Spring that flows north and west into it, and the Mere of Glooms in the midst of the Weeping Spring.

Much of the Vault is filled with forests of lichens, crystalline growths, and fungi. Merchant estates are scattered south of the city, as are fortresses for the male and female orders of warriors. The city itself is built on the southern bank of the Pitchy Flow in the northern corner of the Vault. A single structure, the Flying Bridge, connects Erelhei-Cinlu with the other side of the Pitchy Flow. Across the river is a plateau containing the estates of the noble houses, and a tunnel leading to the Great Fane of Lolth.

The city of Erelhei-Cinlu is surrounded by a 30-foot-tall wall of seamless polished basalt, interrupted by 40-foot square towers at regular intervals. On the shores of the river, the wall is 50 feet high and without towers; the river wall is the exclusive domain of female soldiers.

The buildings of Erelhei-Cinlu are alien and strangely disturbing to human eyes, its streets narrow and crooked.

Population

Erelhei-Cinlu boasts a population of some 27,000 souls. 40% of these are drow, 15% are troglodytes, 12% are bugbears, 10% are surface dwellers and undead, 4% are mind flayers, 4% are trolls, 4% are yugoloths, 3% are kuo-toans, 3% are demons, 1% are svirfneblin, 1% are orcs, and 1% are githyanki or githzerai.

Religion

The principal religion of Erelhei-Cinlu is the worship of Lolth, the Spider Queen. Other deities worshiped by the drow of Erelhei-Cinlu include Kiaransali, and Zinzerena. The priesthood of Kiaransali is dominant in the Ghetto of Chattels, though always under the supervision of Lolth's priestesses. The Great Fane of Lolth is located in a separate cavern; worshipers must leave the city and cross the Pitchy Flow and the nobles' estates to reach it. In the Ghetto of Foreigners, along the Street of Lies, the drow permit the temples of deities worshiped by other races, including Nerull, Boccob, Ralishaz, Incabulos, Erythnul, Beltar, Raxivort, Vecna, and Tharizdun, though the temple of Tharizdun is more of a museum than an active place of worship. After the resurrection of Orcus, one of his temples is said to be found here as well.

Languages

The drow speak their own dialects of the Elven language mixed with Undercommon, the common tongue of the Underdark. Drow often use Elven and Undercommon interchangeably, creating an effective pidgin language at times. Other races who come to the Vault of the Drow, including duergar, illithids, humans, and others, have their own languages but Undercommon serves as the lingua franca for trade.

Transportation

A road leading from nearby tunnels and caverns opens from a fissure in the Vault's southern wall, leading past a fortress called the Black Tower a mile north before reaching the city proper. All non-citizens must stop at the Tower to be inspected; they are given green silk cloaks to indicate that they have been cleared. Foreigners without these cloaks are normally killed or enslaved by the drow in short order.

Cast

House of XXX

Unaligned (meaning outside house employees or independant workers)

Rules and Rulings

Starting level: 14, so 12 class levels for drow characthers, including matron mothers.
Starting gold: 150,000
Stats: 32 point buy
Classes/Feats/Allowed Sources: I got wide selection of books so ask what you want use (feats, PrC's and so on). Recommended to have Drows of the Underdark book.
HP: Full in first level and each pairless levels (1, 3, 5 etc). Rest levels you get 75% of your HD as HP. Below is the formula for each HD;
d4=3
d6=4.5
d8=6.5
d10=7.5
d12=8.5

To make it easy to count round down the fractions and after all counting add +3 to your HP total to get the fractions.

Pictures: Here is nice link given by player for drow pic collection (females on top of the page and males at bottom of the page); http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx134/ulthakptah/Drows/?start=all

Matron Mothers
Any female drow who has 6 divine CL to able cast third level divine spells is able to become matron mother (expect few npc cases from Erelhei-Cinlu sourcebook). Unlike other chars matron mothers gain following benefits;

Bonus feats (for free)
-Landlord feat from Stronghold Builder's Guide. It gives them 200,000 additional gold to build up their houses (and double up to 50,000gp any own starting gold invested to stronghold). I can assist on the building matter if you lack the book.
-Special house ruled leadership for matron mothers in below;
Feat: Drow Matron

Drow Matron
Prerequisites: Drow female, able to cast 3rd level divine spells, GM's permission
Benefits: the character is the Matron of a drow noble House. She is the leader of a family of powerful drow nobles, and has a considerable following of commoners beneath her. This feat works almost identically to Leadership, only with adaptations suitable for a drow matron. Firstly, for the purposes of this feat, the character's Leadership score gains a +5 modifier. Secondly, there are no penalties to one's leadership score for Aloofness, Cruelty, Causing the Death of Followers, or having a Familiar, Animal Companion, etc (note that killing cohorts still brings penalties). Thirdly, all of the numbers on the table for Followers are multiplied by 10, but with stipulations on the Followers selected.

1st and 2nd level: These followers are required to be slaves of the following species; orcs, goblinoids, or other suitable species. They are not willing followers, and thus there are special penalties; they must be locked up unless under the eye of a follower of 3rd level or higher, or else they will flee and be lost until replaced.

3rd level and up: These followers must be drow (see Exception below), whether they are warriors, mages, or lesser priestesses. The highest two levels of followers must be devoted to the Matron's family, in the form of daughters, sons, nephews, nieces, brothers, sisters, etc.

Exception: Up to one plus Charisma modifier followers may instead be chosen from a likely retainer taken on by a drow Matron (GM's judgement), so long as its effective level fits within the total followers available (Note: these special followers can be chosen from the top two levels, despite those normally being reserved for family).

The Matron's cohort must be a male drow, who serves as her patron, unless a PC patron is chosen, in which case the cohort simply fills a role as a high-level follower.

House Businesses
The way how I measure how each house gains income is this; each matron of the house chooses 1 major source of income and chooses two secondary ones. No other house can share the major source of other house (that house holds monopoly in said business). But they can share secondary sources of income (meaning can select same secondary businesses). The way how it is handled is found in DMG II pg180; business management.

It means I tailor make if need be, a business which has one major skill related to it with two secondary skills (which mostly give bonus to business check). You take 10 with major skill and you must get 25 to get no loss of a income. If you go over that you gain profit. Now the list in DMG II is quite small and meaning just one business. But when drow house runs a business they run multiple shops, taverns and factories. So their income goes following; their major income has 1,000% bigger numbers and secondary have 100% bigger numbers.

The exact profit depends is the selected business high, medium or low in risk chances. Example if you take low risk chance business as major business, the DMG II shows that each point over 25 in the business roll you gain as 10gp each point. But as house major business you gain 10,000gp instead per point past 25. The business roll is done once per month and also you get business related event rolled by the GM (high risk business gets two event rolls). If your check goes under 25, you loose that said amount of coin from the house (there are bad consequences if your unable to pay the fine).

If some matron mother does not have DMG II I can explain it more thorough fashion in a PM where I can explain all factors which improve and reduce the business roll. However know that if you select example weapon industry as major business, having high ranks in craft:weaponcrafting would be major skill and so having high as possible rank/modifier in said skill helps.

Snake

Aeriyon Elisias
Human Yuan-Ti Shadow-walker of Mask
Ranger 5/Assassin 7

Stats:

Str: 14 (+2)
Dex: 18 (+4)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 14 (+2)
Wis: 11 (+0)
Cha: 12 (+2)

Templates:

Yuan-Ti Tainted One
+2 Con
At-Will Psionics: Poison (as a sorcerer of HD), Polymorph (Sorcerer of HD, limited to Snakes or Serpents only)
Special Attacks: Poison Bite (DC: 18- 1d4 Con Damage repeat)
Special Qualities: Snake Poison Immunity, Spell Resistance 16
LA+1

Shadow Walker
+2 Dex, -2 Con
Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities:  3day: Darkness, Shadow Mask, Shadow Spray | 2/day: Dimension Door | 1/day Shadow Walk (NONE of them can be used in Direct Daylight)

Special Qualities: Light Blindness, Darkvision 60'
+4 Competence Bonus on Hide Checks
LA+1

Pathfinder Ranger 5:

Base Attack: +5
Base Saves: +4/+4/+1
Bonus Feat: Track
Wild Empathy
Combat Style: Archery (Bonus Feat: Point Blank Shot)
Bonus Feat: Endurance
Favored Enemy: Human +4, Elf/Drow +2
Animal Companion: Bat

Assassin 7:

Base Attack: +5 (Total BAB: +10/+5)
Base Saves: +2/+5/+2
Sneak Attack +4d6
Death Attack
Poison Use
Spells: (4/4/2/1)
---Known: 1st Level: Detect Poison, True Strike, Ghost Sound, Disguise Self
     2nd Level: Alter Self, Invisibility, Spider Climb, Pass without Trace
     3rd Level: Nondetection, Misdirection, Deeper Darkness
     4th Level: Freedom of Movement
+3 vs Poison
Improved Uncanny Dodge

Feats by Level: Human Bonus Feat: Improved Initiative; 1) Weapon Finesse; 3) Daylight Adaptation; 6) Blend into Shadow; 9) Quick Draw; 12) Iron Will

Equipment/Inventory:

Vampiric Short Sword +1
+1 Eager Hunting Sleeve Blade (Dagger) of Deadly Precision
Mithral Chain Shirt +4 of Shadow and Silent Moves

Boots of Side-Stepping (3/day: Side-step a melee attack an immediate action, 5-step that doesn't count against limit/turn)
Gauntlets of Murder (as bracers of Murder, just as Gauntlets) (+2 Atk/Damage on Sneak Attacks, Death Attack DC +2)
Counterstrike Bracers (2/day: Make Counter-attack that doesn't count against AoO's per turn against a missed melee attack)
Cloak of Arachnida (Continuous Spider Climb; Immune to Web Spells; Cast Web 1/day; +2 Luck bonus vs spider poison)
Heartseeking amulet (3/day make an attack as a touch attack)
Rogue's Vest (+1d6 Sneak Attack Damage, +2 Hide and Move Silently)
Ring of Drow Blood (Gain Spell-like Abilities: 1/day Darkness, Dancing Lights and Faerie Fire)
Ring of Protection +3

Pouch of Daylight Pellets (Contains 3 pellets)

Implants/Grafts: Added Tail (Yuan-Ti Graft) Gain constrict attack doing 1d4+1.5Str against small creatures, Gain Natural Swim speed 15 (Can always take 10 on Swim checks +8 Swim, +8 Balance)
Adventurer's Standard Pack

I still need to work on the skills though. It's hard to do by hand sometimes or just Tedious I'll get around to it here soon. But this is what I have so far.

Zaer Darkwail

Snake, I recall I did not approve pathfinder core classes in this game.

Snake

Oh. well there isnt 'much of a difference really other than that Rangers actually get to choose which combat style feats they take. But i"ll fix it.

Kunoichi

...So, for my character for this game, I'm contemplating making a Vampire Spawn character.  The only problem is, I can't seem to settle on a class for it...

kongming

Hmm, I'd like to join, now that I'm fully back into the swing of roleplaying.

I assume you're okay with a dominant female drow (given it's a game primarily about drow)?

I'll make a character sheet up once I decide on what class etc. to take.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Kunoichi

'Dominant female Drow' is pretty much par for the course in Drow society. ;D Think you might be able to keep up with the Matron Mother position?

kongming

Yeah, I suppose I could play a Matron Mother. Hmm, would I be required to have sex with the male patron though? I'm not really into males.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

Oh, I don't think it'll be a necessity. ^^ As the Matron Mother, you'll be the one in charge, after all.  If you want, you can easily just say that your character only has sex with men when she wants to conceive children, and has her fun with women, otherwise.  And since you presumably won't want to conceive any children during the game...

Saric

Color me interested. Just a few questions.

1. How do you feel about psionics?
2. How do you feel about the Erudite base class from the Complete Psionic?
3. How do you feel about the Thrallherd Prestige Class?
4. How do you feel about the use of the Drow or Spider Domains which have been added to Lolth in some settings?

"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Zaer Darkwail

Saric:

1. I am okay with psionics, rare as talent is it still can flourish among drow population
2. I prefer not use Erudite base class from Complete Psionics. I prefer keep my psions powers more unique than 'memorisized'.
3. Thrallherd PrC is fine with me.
4. I allow drow and spider domains, I got the FR books.

Kongming: Indeed as Kunoichi said; you can be entirely lesbian matron mother (and overall female drows favor usually female partners and can form actual emotional relationships with other females while males are just 'goods' which are spend and thrown away when 'goods quality' wears off). But only part is that you most matron mothers have breeded at least three or six children (third male children are sacrificed to Lolth). Reason is that matron mother's power is also tied on status quo for being fertile and having daugthers studying to be Lolth priestesses but this is not a must but more a expected standard. If you dislike idea of having bred in past you could have adopted talented female drow children as your daugthers (altough other matron mothers may question the practice but no one would prevent it).

Anyways if you can stick to be active to post minimum 48 hours some update then your welcome to be matron mother :).

kongming

I can keep up with that post rate, yeah. And I'm okay with having had several children in the past - she's probably had around seven children, sacrificed the third male, and is raising her daughters to be at each others' throats (so that they're not working together to usurp her throne). She's probably also adopted a few talented individuals which have the status of daughter, but she is more intimate with them.

I'll get to work over the next couple of days. I think she'll be a Cleric 7 Divine Disciple 5 (Player's Guide to Faerun), and if you allow it, I'd like to use the PHB 2 option to swap "Spontaneous Inflict" for "Spontaneous Domain" (letting me select one domain that I can convert regular prepared spells into).

Ons/Offs:

Saric

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 02, 2012, 01:01:16 AM
Saric:

1. I am okay with psionics, rare as talent is it still can flourish among drow population
2. I prefer not use Erudite base class from Complete Psionics. I prefer keep my psions powers more unique than 'memorisized'.
3. Thrallherd PrC is fine with me.
4. I allow drow and spider domains, I got the FR books.

Ok I'll start writing up a character sheet then. I'd always interpreted it more as imprinting the power on themselves but I see where you're coming from.

A few more questions I forgot to ask last time.
1. Do you want to make the Thrall since it just shows up or should I?
2. How do you deal with the whole Spell Resistance vs Power Resistance issue? The three methods in the UA are, 'they work the same', 'they're completely different things', and 'they work but at 10 less then normal'(i.e. a SR of 22 only counts as a PR of 12). I just need to know so I know whether or not to focus on overcoming spell resistance with my feats or not. Since all drow have it casters tend to have to worry about it more when dealing with them or end up useless in a pinch.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 01, 2012, 05:04:43 PM
...So, for my character for this game, I'm contemplating making a Vampire Spawn character.  The only problem is, I can't seem to settle on a class for it...
Quote from: Kunoichi on February 01, 2012, 07:31:27 PM
Oh, I don't think it'll be a necessity. ^^ As the Matron Mother, you'll be the one in charge, after all.  If you want, you can easily just say that your character only has sex with men when she wants to conceive children, and has her fun with women, otherwise.  And since you presumably won't want to conceive any children during the game...
Should be lots of fun for males that have no interest in corpses...

Anyway, I'm one of the older players that was still playing and plans on using the same character.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=329381
Here he is. Bio and stuff is on the sheet already.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, you can swap the feature for the one in PHB II Kongming.

Quote from: Saric on February 02, 2012, 01:39:02 AM
Ok I'll start writing up a character sheet then. I'd always interpreted it more as imprinting the power on themselves but I see where you're coming from.

A few more questions I forgot to ask last time.
1. Do you want to make the Thrall since it just shows up or should I?
2. How do you deal with the whole Spell Resistance vs Power Resistance issue? The three methods in the UA are, 'they work the same', 'they're completely different things', and 'they work but at 10 less then normal'(i.e. a SR of 22 only counts as a PR of 12). I just need to know so I know whether or not to focus on overcoming spell resistance with my feats or not. Since all drow have it casters tend to have to worry about it more when dealing with them or end up useless in a pinch.

1) I will conjure the thrall, I use my infamous NPC random generator for it. He/She is going to be useful minion someway but what way is going to be random.
2) They are identical in my setting, less fuss about. But spellcraft can't ID psionic effects (so are harder to counter dispel on fly but dispel magic can disrupt constant psionic effects).

Kunoichi

Well, I can't think of a good build for a vampire spawn character. ><; So never mind, I'll try a different character.

Hmm.  Come to think of it, that one Matron character I had come up with is pretty much complete, aside from not having a cohort, followers, or a stronghold.  If I just erased the Landlord and Matron Mother bonus feats from her character sheet, I could easily just use her as she is.

So, Kongming, feel like having an Anti-Paladin of Lolth for an adopted daughter?  Admittedly, you may have to share her with her own draconic mount...

Snake

Fixed the Human Assassin up there. Just had to remove spells/day and Favored Terrain from the Ranger levels

Saric

I'm sure your getting tired of hearing from me but these should be the last questions.

1. How do you feel about the Arms and Equipment Guide? I know it's only 3.0 but they never make a 3.5 version. Mostly I really want to know what your stance is on the special materials for armor and the suggestion that you can add a feat to a magic item for 10,000gp. I'm really just getting together my magic items and Powers Known at this point and then I can send you a Character Sheet.
2. Is this before or after the city gets ripped out of the Greyhawk setting and dropped in the Faerunian Underdark. Specifically the Northdark.

Kunoichi

For the second question, I don't think we're getting that far into things.  Our concerns are largely going to be centered around Erelhei-Cinlu, without much of a focus on the larger setting.

kongming

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 02, 2012, 10:36:44 AM
So, Kongming, feel like having an Anti-Paladin of Lolth for an adopted daughter?  Admittedly, you may have to share her with her own draconic mount...

Sounds good to me :D

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

Excellent. ;D Now we just have to hope the dragon doesn't try to stage a hostile takeover at some point...

Aybara

I shall be returning with Krayt, a Deep Dragon though in this incarnation of the game I'll be working as an independent mercenary sort who'll be happy to help anyone for reasonable rates and his word will be important to his future prospects so he'll actually keep it in business arrangements. He's not terribly old but he is happy to perform various acts of violence with monetary encouragement.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Saric on February 02, 2012, 05:09:19 PM
I'm sure your getting tired of hearing from me but these should be the last questions.

1. How do you feel about the Arms and Equipment Guide? I know it's only 3.0 but they never make a 3.5 version. Mostly I really want to know what your stance is on the special materials for armor and the suggestion that you can add a feat to a magic item for 10,000gp. I'm really just getting together my magic items and Powers Known at this point and then I can send you a Character Sheet.
2. Is this before or after the city gets ripped out of the Greyhawk setting and dropped in the Faerunian Underdark. Specifically the Northdark.

1) I allow items and special materials from the book but as side note; bladed gauntlet has crit range similar to a kukri. I had seen horrible abuse of it in my most recent city of spider queen campaign where rogue has augmentation crystal which allows sneak attacks vs undead and has feat which allows do sneak attack dmg on critical hit -_-. Also no feats transferred to magic items (besides existing ones from 3.5 edition).
2) As Kunoichi said; larger setting or rest Underdark would not matter as game focuses on Erelhei-Cinlu. Ofc you can arrange slave raids and such but those matters are rolled by dice to determine success. Which is modified favorably if PC(s) are present. But if wondering a larger scale on things lore wise, I lean more towards Faerunian underdark/surface world but consider the setting is generic DnD so there can be followers of Greyhawk deities in FR universe.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 03, 2012, 12:59:55 AM
1) I allow items and special materials from the book but as side note; bladed gauntlet has crit range similar to a kukri. I had seen horrible abuse of it in my most recent city of spider queen campaign where rogue has augmentation crystal which allows sneak attacks vs undead and has feat which allows do sneak attack dmg on critical hit -_-. Also no feats transferred to magic items (besides existing ones from 3.5 edition).
2) As Kunoichi said; larger setting or rest Underdark would not matter as game focuses on Erelhei-Cinlu. Ofc you can arrange slave raids and such but those matters are rolled by dice to determine success. Which is modified favorably if PC(s) are present. But if wondering a larger scale on things lore wise, I lean more towards Faerunian underdark/surface world but consider the setting is generic DnD so there can be followers of Greyhawk deities in FR universe.
Oh, you mean telling blow? I have that feat, and duel wield kukris, for which I have improved critical. I'm glad everyone pays so much attention to the mechanics of my character. Also I'm switching out some of my equipment. I will be getting Deathstrike Bracers instead of Bracers of Murder. As I don't think there will be less undead in the new game.

Also the guy has a 10k augmentation crystal on a weapon with a +3 enhancement. After sinking that much gold in that weapon he deserves to murder undead.

kongming

Name: Faeremhara Llaeloth
Race: Drow
Sex: Female
Height and Weight: 5'4, 130lbs
Orientation: Lesbian
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Deity: Lolth
Class & Level: Cleric 7/Divine Disciple 5

Ability:Score:Mod:Temp:Temp Mod:
Strength10(+0)14(+2)
Dexterity16(+3)20(+5)
Constitution10(+0)12(+1)
Intelligence14(+2)14(+2)
Wisdom19(+4)25(+7)
Charisma16(+3)18(+4)

Initiative: +5
Speed: 30' (30')
Hit Points: 99/99 (0 non-lethal, 0 temporary, 0 vile, 0 frostburn)
Immunities: Sleep Spells
Resistances: +2 on Will Saves vs Spells, +2 vs Enchantments, +2 on Saves vs [Good] effects/Good creatures, Spell Resistance 23

BAB/Grapple: +8/+10
Melee Attacks: +10/+5
Ranged Attacks: +13/+8
Queen's Scourge: +14/+9 melee at 5' and 10' (1d8+7 two-handed, 20/x2, 1/day deal extra 4d8+12 Inflict damage, can Trip/Disarm)

Armour Class: 22 (+5 Dex +1 Deflection +6 Armour)
Flat Footed: 17
Touch Attacks: 16

Saves:BaseAbilityMiscTotal
Fort:+9+1+0+10
Ref:+3+5+2+10
Will:+9+7+0+16

Languages Spoken:
Common
Elven
Undercommon
Drow Sign

Proficiencies:
All Armour and Shields
Simple Weapons
Rapier, Short Sword and Hand Crossbow

Feats:
1 HD: Lolth's Caress
3 HD: XWP: Scourge
6 HD: Fade Into Darkness
Bonus: Matron Mother (Leadership Score 21 assuming the Matron Mother bonus replaces the "great renown" and "has a base of operations" bonuses)
9 HD: Deceptive Illumination
12 HD: Gift of the Spider Queen

Skills:

Knowledge: Religion10 ranks+12
Diplomacy10 ranks+16
Sense Motive5 ranks+11
Craft: Silk15 ranks+23
Profession: Merchant5 ranks+11

Special Attacks:
Spellcasting
Spell-like Abilities: 2/day Faerie Fire; 3/day Dancing Lights, Darkness
Rebuke Undead 7/day

Special Qualities:
Elven Senses
Darkvision 120'
Detect Secret Doors
Light Blindness
Sacred Defence +2
Transcendence
Divine Emissary
Imbue With Spell Ability
Spontaneous Drow Domain conversion
-Cloak of Dark Power; Clairaudience/Clairvoyance; Suggestion; Discern Lies, Spiderform, Greater Dispel Magic
Spider Domain
-Rebuke Spiders 7/day
Evil Domain
-Plus 1 CL on Evil Spells
Drow Domain
-Lightning Reflexes

Spellcasting:
Orisons: DC 17
-Cure Minor Wounds, Cure Minor Wounds, Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Create Water, Detect Good
1st Level: DC 18
-Sanctuary, Divine Favour, Shield of Faith, Impede, Faith Healing, Lesser Vigour, Command, D: Protection From Good
2nd Level: DC 19
-Aid, Augury, Hold Person, Bewildering Visions, Curse of Ill Fortune, Wave of Grief, D: Summon Swarm
3rd Level: DC 20
-Animate Dead, Bestow Curse, Dominate Vermin, Invisibility Purge, Vigour, Briar Web, D: Phantom steed
4th Level: DC 21
-Divine Power, Freedom of Movement, Neutralise Poison, Doomtide, D: Unholy Blight
5th Level: DC 22
-Bebilith Blessing, Divine Retribution, Righteous Might, True Seeing, D: Insight Plague
6th Level: DC 23
-Create Undead, Blade Barrier, Harm, D: Spider Curse

Equipment:
Periapt of Wisdom +6 (36,000)
Gloves of Dexterity +4 (16,000)
Cloak of Charisma +2 (4,000)
Queen's Scourge (47,520)
Ring of Deflection +1 (2,000)
Ring of Drow Blood (4,800)
Boots of Constitution +2 (6,000)
Belt of Strength +4 (16,000)
Studded Leather +3 (9,200)
Elegant gown (180)
Spinning Loom of Elegance +6 (6,200)
-Doesn't use a slot, +6 Competence to Craft: Silk Weaving
10PP

This is just the stats for my character - her background and appearance will follow, along with the Leadership, Business and Stronghold information.
Does Zaer want to make the Cohort, or do I make him (within the requirements)?

Ons/Offs:

ulthakptah

Oh, just in case the whole first post was too long and people just skimmed through it, there is an album of drow pictures that will most likely save people the time searching for them on their own.

http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx134/ulthakptah/Drows/?start=all

Zaer Darkwail

Kongming; the matron mother feat is for free for all matron mother chars :P. So your missing one feat. What comes to cohort you can let me or do it yourself, up to you :). But beware; I use random dice rolls to determine features with the cohort (so not 100% optimized but he's going to be useful someway).

ulthakptah; It was not meant anyway directed towards you my comment but I have noticed the said char butchers just anyone who is not immune to sneak attacks or crits. The char's situation is not helped by the fact that the char is a swashbuckler/rogue hybrid with skullclan hunter with dark creature template.

So it's not just one char but whole party super optimized, but then again last time when we played the campaign 4 years ago the party suffered 10 PC casualties over the career and they did not reach even half-way to the story before we quited the campaign which got infamous feel of 'meatgrinder'.

kongming

Faeremhara Llaeloth

Appearance:

Background:
Faeremhara was the first daughter of her parents - the first child, in fact. And so, she had a head start of a few years, enough to establish her dominance in the family right from the get-go. Being perhaps savvy and aware that she would need followers if she was to rule everything as was always her goal, she refrained herself from being particularly cruel to her surviving siblings - better to have some degree of loyalty from them, after all.

As usual, maturity took a long time, so she spent many years honing her skills, learning how to be an effective leader and how to run a business. Indeed, while she knew she must one day plot her own mother's demise, for the time being she was content to be an effective underling, a student learning from the best.

It paid off: in the end, she did not have to cause that death. Instead, both her parents led a contingent to fight against the mind flayers who had been getting too close, taking slaves and nourishment from the city. Not a single one returned, except as animate dead, their brains pried out of their skulls. As a result, Faeremhara was thrust into the position of leadership, but she was not found wanting. She did not have a period of mourning, no, she took the reigns instantly and went about securing her control. Within the first week, dozens were enslaved or killed to assert her dominance.

Fortunately for her, that served to set her position firmly enough that she is even now recognised as the Matron Mother of the household - or in her case, her entire fortress-town, the Caverns of Despair. She took on a more persistent, ruthless approach to business, making it known that embezzlement brought death as the penalty for the first offence, and laziness resulting in severe beatings. She doubled the number of workers, went about forging deals with spidery allies to produce the finest silks, bargaining with aranea to permanently bless the more exotic rolls with prestidigitation. Everything so that they could corner the entire silk market. Certainly, some required convincing - bodies of rivals being found bound in the web they spun.

At the moment, it has all been paying off, but she knows there is trouble brewing, a great unrest seems to be about the area. Could it be the start of rebellion, or the final stages of a coup about to be pulled? Or perhaps the nearby monsters that have raided the area from time to time are now starting to get ready for something greater. Only time will tell.

[Will include a section on relationship with her adopted daughter played by Kunoichi, once we've decided on the specifics there]

Stronghold: The Caverns of Despair
Underground, 1-16 miles from Large City (-2%)
-Lawless Area
-Site Controls Income Source
-Nearby Monster Lair: 4x EL 15 challenges (Unless Zaer has his own ideas, it could very well be a Mind Flayer "Lair". Probably a couple of encounters of 1-2 Mind Flayers (EL 8 or 10 respectively - though Mind Flayers are actually stronger than their so called "CR 8"), one encounter of a pair of Mind Flayer Sorcerers (EL 15), a pair of Urophions (EL 15), a Mind Flayer with 7 levels of Illithid Savant (EL 15), and the boss, one Psionic Ulitharid with 3 extra levels of Psion (EL 15). Probably also has several groups of less than EL 15 consisting of slaves, or 1 mind flayer and a few slaves, or a couple of ropers or Umber Hulks)
-Hewn Stone Walls (free)
-Bigger than a Huge Castle

-Basic Alchemy Lab
-4x Basic Armoury
-Barbican
-15x Barracks
-Luxury Bath (mine)
-Luxury Bedroom Suite (mine)
-20 Basic Bedrooms
-10 Fancy Bedrooms
-Fancy Chapel
-Fancy Common Area
-Fancy Dining Hall
-Guard Post
-Gatehouse
-Fancy Kitchen
-Basic Magic Lab
-72 Prison Cells
-5x Servant's Quarters
-Fancy Shop
-Basic Smithy
-Fancy Storage
-Luxury Study/Office (mine)
-Fancy Throne room (mine)
-Basic Tavern
-Torture Chamber
-Combat Training Facility
-Fancy Workplace
-Iron Portcullis with Amazing Lock
-Bed of Lesser Restoration
-Desecrated Shrine (inside the Chapel itself)
Subtotal: 191,800, for 84.5 SS

Guards: 39
Servants: 8
Maids: 4
Valets: 2
Acolytes: 1
Cooks: 2
Clerks: 3
Smiths: 1
Torturers: 1
Workers: 20
Total: 435/month in wages

Guard Equipment:
5x Guard
15x Skirmisher
14x Archer
Total: 3,357

Subtotal + Guard Equipment: 199,157GP
Minus 2% Discount: 195,174GP

(The rest (4,826) can be used to pay wages for about eleven months, and miscellaneous upkeep)

Business Operations:
"Armour Amore - it's like wearing nothing at all!"
Based inside the fortress itself (near City, +2 Modifier)
Risky Trade: often have to capture more Chitines/keep the current ones in line, and there are often other Drow groups trying to start up their own trade. Will need to sometimes secure deals with groups of Aranea, Driders and similar. (High Risk, -4 to Profit Margin but 50,000*margin)
Primary Business: Fine Woven Silk Production (Craft: Silk Weaving)
-Secondary Skills: Profession: Merchant and Diplomacy (+1 bonus for having 5 ranks in each)
-Resources: Moderate (although silk is expensive, they mostly have their own production)
-Total Bonus: +25 (take ten gives 35)
-Only works 10-20 hours/week herself, but has a specialist in the staff (several, actually) and a business partner
Standard Monthly Profit: (50,000*10) 500,000 GP (which I assume mostly goes into running the fortress, maintaining it, keeping the business running well, bribing necessary people etc. I'm guessing I don't get half a million GP a month to just spend on drugs, concubines and fancy weapons :p)

Secondary: Unnamed "business" of the cult/protection racket Zeranth runs.
-Based in the City (+2)
-Risky Trade (-4)
Main Skill: Intimidate (+20)
Supporting Skills: Knowledge (the Planes) and Bluff (+1 synergy)
Resources: Low (+1)
Total: +20 (Take 10 is 30, for 5*50 = 250 GP/month)

Secondary: Follower (1/2 Elf Expert 6) runs a spider hatchery
-Based near the city (+2)
-Risky Trade (-4)
-Resources: Moderate (+0)
Main Skill: Handle Animal (+13)
Supporting Skills: Knowledge (Nature) and Survival (+2 synergy)
Business Savvy (+2)
Works 40+ hours full time (+2)
Total: +17 (Take 10 is 27, for 2*50 = 100 GP/month)

Leadership Information:
Followers: (note: I am assuming these won't need stats because if they fight NPCs/monsters of a level to challenge me, or if they fight other PCs, they're going to get slaughtered in like half a move action :) But specific special ones are there in case you want to use a specific one as an NPC to interact with me or another player. Also, I'm assuming followers still have level adjustments as normal)
1st Level: 600
-200x Goblin Rogue
-200x Orc Barbarian
-200x Orc Fighter
2nd Level: 60
-10x Goblin Rogue 2
-10x Goblin Ranger 2
-10x Hobgoblin Fighter 2
-10x Hobgoblin Hexblade 2
-10x Orc Barbarian 2
3rd Level: 30
-10x Chitine Rogue 1 (enslaved workers)
-10x Drow Fighter 1 (guards, mostly)
-9x Drow Sorcerer/Sorceress 1
-1x Drow Cleric of Eilistrae 1 (imprisoned, kept alive just for torture)
4th Level: 20
-5x Drow Rogue 1/Fighter 1
-5x Drow Rogue 2
-5x Drow Wizard 2
-5x Drow Fighter 1/Cleric 1
5th Level: 10
-Adopted Daughter: *Deep Imaskari Beguiler 5 (found interesting and charming enough to keep on hand in a diplomatic position)
-Adopted Daughter: *Fey'ri Swashbuckler 3 (once captured here, kept escaping, daring enough to impress me)
-Adopted Daughter: Drow Paladin of Slaughter 3 (always being sent on taks that let her murder and massacre to keep her blood-lust slaked)
-Blood Daughter: Drow Battledancer 3 (lives a life of excess, too careless with drug use and sex to be part of the intricate game of intrigue)
-Blood Daughter: Drow Sorceress 3 (favourite hobby: tormenting her brothers)
-Blood Daughter: Drow Cleric 3 (looking for the opportunity to backstab her older sister, the level 4 Cleric)
-Blood Nephew: Drow Wizard 3 (always trying to be out of sight, out of mind)
-Blood Son: Drow Archivist 3 (given a role in the libraries, and occasionally I get his Clerical sisters to scribe scrolls for him)
-Blood Son: Drow Rogue 3 (attempting to make himself too useful to kill, probably secretly looking for the moment to strike)
-Blood Son: Drow Dread Necromancer 3 (with Tomb-Tainted Soul - tends to surround himself with weak undead and enjoys their silent company)
6th Level: 10
-Adopted Daughter: Drow Rogue 4 (impressed me enough with her acts of extreme violence and cunning - lets me keep an eye on her!)
-Adopted Daughter: *Fey'ri Warlock 4 (just as evil, just as hateful of other elves, but less likely to turn on me)
-Adopted Daughter: *Half-Elf (Drow) Expert 6 (has all the sneakiness and tenacity of the drow side, works full time raising spiders for silk)
-Blood Daughter: Drow Cleric 4 (taking after me a little too closely for my liking - better keep an eye on her!)
-Blood Daughter: Drow Swashbuckler 4 (a bit crazy and rapacious, being more interested in raids on the surface than normal)
-Blood Son: Drow Wizard 4 (was second-born - minutes before the third (twins), so he knows how close he was to being sacrificed)
-Blood Niece: Drow Swordsage 4 (spends a lot of time fighting in the arenas)
-Blood Niece: Drow Duskblade 4 (enjoys carving the bones of her victims)
-Blood Niece: Drow Druid 4 (talks to spiders more than people)
-Blood Niece: Drow Hexblade 4 (is often put in charge of torture duties - obviously this is something she earned, everyone wants that job)

Cohort/Consort, has taken my name:
Zeranth Llaeloth, CE Male Drow Warlock 5/Demonbinder 5
10 16 (18) 12 16 10 20 (22)
Init +4
Speed: 30'
HP 48/48
Resist: SR 21, +2 vs Spells, +2 Will vs Enchantments, Electricity Resist 10, DR 1/Cold Iron and 2/Good
Immune: Magic [Sleep] effects
AC: 20 (+4 Dex, +5 Armour, +1 Deflect), flat 16, touch 15
F +6 R +6 W +8
BAB/Grab: +5/+5
-melee +5
-range +9
-Eldritch Blast +9 ranged touch attack (5d6 Eldritch damage, 20/x2)
Feats: Dazzling Fire, Radiant Flicker,  Constant Guardian, Dutiful Guardian
Skills: Bluff +11, Sense Motive +5, Craft: Silk Weaving +12, Knowledge: The Planes +12, Intimidate +20, Spot +11
Special: Elven Senses, Detect Secret Doors, 2/day: Dancing Lights, Darkness, 4/day: Faerie Fire
-Eldritch Blast +5d6, Invocations, Detect Magic, Deceive Item
-Baleful Utterance, Spiderwalk, Summon Swarm
-Sudden Swarm, Beshadowed Blast
-Damnation Points (11/11), Demonbind (5/5)
Equipment: Chitine Web +2, Ring of Drow Blood, Cloak of Charisma +2, Gloves of Dexterity +2, Ring of Deflection +1, (total ~19,000)

Ons/Offs:

Zaer Darkwail

Looks good, anyways I will provide details for DMG 2 bit later. If no one other players get to do it first :P. But basic gist is this; you do profit check once per month which base is 10 + main skill mod. You need do 25 check to keep business running but gain no profit (if going under any reason you face losses).

Now besides main skill there are two supportive skills which add modifier for the check based on 5 ranks in both skills (not just one). So running a weaving business you could add Craft:Weaving and Diplomacy or Appraise as secondary skills.

But note; what riskier business that more profit you gain. Also besides running business you have house expenses to settle in. What higher leadership score/number of followers, that greater house expense is going to be. So your main businss should be preferably be risky one (to cover expenses for sure) or have very darn good profit check which gives 100,000 or so gp per month. Going under that runs risk your house cannot cover expenses with businesses what you run.

But the actual theme what business is up to you but risky factor can be fierce rivals, source of the silk being dangerous or other reason.

Besides main business you got two other business where you have less influence. But overall deal is that major house business means also actual influence in that field of business in the city.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 03, 2012, 03:11:23 AM
Kongming; the matron mother feat is for free for all matron mother chars :P. So your missing one feat. What comes to cohort you can let me or do it yourself, up to you :). But beware; I use random dice rolls to determine features with the cohort (so not 100% optimized but he's going to be useful someway).

ulthakptah; It was not meant anyway directed towards you my comment but I have noticed the said char butchers just anyone who is not immune to sneak attacks or crits. The char's situation is not helped by the fact that the char is a swashbuckler/rogue hybrid with skullclan hunter with dark creature template.

So it's not just one char but whole party super optimized, but then again last time when we played the campaign 4 years ago the party suffered 10 PC casualties over the career and they did not reach even half-way to the story before we quited the campaign which got infamous feel of 'meatgrinder'.
Oh boy, swashbuckler/rogue hybrid? I'm guessing he got the daring outlaw feat to go with that. That's what I would do. By which I mean is what I did.

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, and the guy is whisper gnome top of all the cheese. Silence in area radius blocks all undead casters also :P.

Saric

I have sent you a PM with my character sheet Zaer. I look forward to your reaction and response whenever you get around to it.  ;)

Marie Reynolds

I would be interested in this but just have a quick question. Would the race the Fey'ri be allowed?

Kunoichi

kongming

Okay, I looked up the full rules for running businesses (and fixed my skills - looks like I had spent way more skill points than I had! Also adjusted my gear) and I think my business is now worked out correctly.

I also statted up my cohort/consort.

Next is just background and physical description, and hopefully that will mean I'm all ready to go.

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

Ooh, looks like quite a profitable little business the House is running.  I suppose I should start finalizing the background for Janafae and her mighty steed Zekolyn, as well...

kongming

Just don't get caught embezzling funds (asking for gifts, on the other hand).

Also, I've finished all my extra stuff now. Only thing left is that we should work out the relationship (or at least the start of it, how they came to know each other) between Faeremhara and Janafae.

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Well, to begin with, when determining the relationship between Faeremhara and Janafae, we should probably start by determining what the relationship is between Faeremhara and Zekolyn.

You see, although Janafae raised her draconic steed from an egg she got from an exotic wares trader in a local marketplace, it didn't take him very long to graduate from 'pet' to 'master' in their relationship.  He became smarter, wiser, and more charismatic than her as he grew older, and since he had a natural tendency towards plots and schemes from his Hex Dragon instincts, he wound up taking to Drow society and teachings particularly well.  He's as devout a follower of Lolth as any priestess, and when she, on some strange whim, granted Janafae the powers of an Anti-Paladin, he wound up becoming her Fiendish Mount, granting him some similarly-unholy abilities while simultaneously tying their fates together for as long as both of them are alive.

Zekolyn chose to interpret this event as Lolth granting him permission to consider Janafae as being a part of his hoard, while Janafae chose to view it as a chance to make his ambition and dominating nature work for her, rather than against her.  Either way, their partnership has been rather productive for the both of them, seeing as Janafae has risen from being some mere low-born Drow commoner to becoming one of the adopted daughters of a noble house, which in turn allows Zekolyn to exercise greater influence behind the scenes...

Zaer Darkwail

Kongming; I have nothing against fey'ri and consider this is generic setting there is no 'fey'ri noble house' in the setting so fey'ri are more and less unique sort tieflings with tigther tied elf vs demon blood lineage. Which can be common in drow society where drows breeding with demons is common and offspring of those unions either spurned or blessed as draegloths (which can be either gender).

Anyways matron mother looking good and I see you found somewhere DMG II info about how running business :). Now think two lesser businesses which has smaller modifier to give profit but it can give enough cash for gifts and such. Minor areas of interest could be mercenary work, alchemy work or perhaps something which supports your main business indirectly (like running spider hatcling farm).

Saric

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 04, 2012, 08:19:40 AM
Anyways matron mother looking good and I see you found somewhere DMG II info about how running business :). Now think two lesser businesses which has smaller modifier to give profit but it can give enough cash for gifts and such. Minor areas of interest could be mercenary work, alchemy work or perhaps something which supports your main business indirectly (like running spider hatcling farm).

Wouldn't alchemy work also support the main business, since web armor is alchemically treated?

Also Zaer I sent you a pm with my character sheet in it. Wasn't sure if you got it.

Marie Reynolds

So I was wondering would psionics be allowed and if so would you  be alright with a telepath with the thrall herd prestige class?

Saric

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 04, 2012, 03:22:46 PM
So I was wondering would psionics be allowed and if so would you  be alright with a telepath with the thrall herd prestige class?

Psionics are allowed as is the tharllherd prestige class. I know this because that's the character I just submitted. I think two might be overdoing it.

Zaer Darkwail

Oh sorry Saric, I got your charsheet and it looks okay for me what I glanced through it.

1) Indeed the believers/followers can be any race or class but consider they must be types which can survive underdark long enough reach you so you get only the kind of followers which are adapted to underdark or are able travel there one way or another securely.
2) You likely need stronghold/business for so many followers. But you get no freebie feats like matron chars get. So your case best investment is in landlord feat from stronghold builder's guide. Also you run business same way as house runs as minor business (when compare profit gain). But in return you do not have that great expenses to cover up as matron chars have.
3) Hat works disguise looks but many psionic powers have audible or visual effects which you cannot disguise away without using metapsion feat.
4) It's something what you should ask/discuss in here in this thread or in OOC thread.
5) Could work, but note those who break from your control may feel/remember for acting weird and connect dots on you and they would not be pleased from discovering it.
6) Understood, taking it into account
7) I allow use of the item.

kongming

I don't have enough skills that are high enough to support additional businesses >.<
Unless cohorts or other players are allowed to cover them, in which case I suppose my cohort could have a sort of evil cult "business" (ie collecting protection money for Lolth from people) as a secondary one, using Intimidate (supported by Know: Planes and Bluff for +17 (risky), total 27 or 100,000GP/month)?

As for Zekolyn...
Faeremhara would have immediately noticed the presence of such a dragon in the nearby area, and realised that he is very powerful. As such, her first course of action would be to send a messenger bearing the mark of Lolth to see if he was there to take over/destroy the place or for less violent reasons. She also would have sent a slave with the messenger, for the sole purpose of being a gift (ie "Feel free to keep/eat this one").

Assuming those first negotiations went well, she would arrange a meeting in person, to see how this Lolth-blessed Hex Dragon might wish to make use of the area (and how she could benefit from this). Obviously, if he were in the area as a guard, she would be more than happy to provide substantial living quarters and free use of slaves. So the relationship would probably be one of cordial "we both benefit here" (leaning towards "she's not stupid, and knows a hostile dragon means real trouble, so is erring on the side of appeasement").

And in that meeting in person, she'd have met Janafae, and been intrigued. Upon learning of the link between the two, knowing the kind of blessings Janafae received, she'd be eager to bring the anti-paladin on as an ally, indeed, would have made the offer of adoption fairly early, after some form of testing. After that, she would defer to Zekolyn on matters pertaining to Janafae, but would broach the subject of sharing her - while making Janafae the honest "you can turn this down with no consequences" offer of sharing her quarters (and wealth/business) from time to time.

About the only real "demand" she'd make would be that the pair do still fall under her laws, even if not under her rule. Given her laws aren't exactly far-reaching, and are mostly "Do what you like with those underneath you, just don't act against me or do anything to jeopardise the fortress and business", that shouldn't be an issue. It would also mean that Janafae would, if she ever stepped out of line, be subject to Faeremhara's punishments, though Zekolyn would be allowed to watch.

Ons/Offs:

Saric

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 04, 2012, 05:27:42 PM
Oh sorry Saric, I got your charsheet and it looks okay for me what I glanced through it.

1) Indeed the believers/followers can be any race or class but consider they must be types which can survive underdark long enough reach you so you get only the kind of followers which are adapted to underdark or are able travel there one way or another securely.
2) You likely need stronghold/business for so many followers. But you get no freebie feats like matron chars get. So your case best investment is in landlord feat from stronghold builder's guide. Also you run business same way as house runs as minor business (when compare profit gain). But in return you do not have that great expenses to cover up as matron chars have.
3) Hat works disguise looks but many psionic powers have audible or visual effects which you cannot disguise away without using metapsion feat.
4) It's something what you should ask/discuss in here in this thread or in OOC thread.
5) Could work, but note those who break from your control may feel/remember for acting weird and connect dots on you and they would not be pleased from discovering it.

Ok thanks. I'll just address the issues you raised and then I should be done.

1. Pretty much any race can survive in the underdark, it specifically lists humans under race the drow enslave and there's an entire subrace of humans the came from them being stuck in the underdark, and there's always that level 2 human shopkeeper who manages to wander down while avoiding all hazards through sheer luck but I see your point. I guess I mostly just want to know if I'm getting mostly warriors and adepts or commoners and experts as that would affect what I can do with them. Also whether I'm likely to 'inherit' any mushroom farms or fishing pools or the like by gaining the owners as believers since that would also impact what I end up doing.
2. Do you accept Flaws for extra Feats? Cuz I'm already barely making ends meet there. Also I need to know what my Thrall and the higher level believers are so I can see if any of them have spells that might let me cut down on the construction costs somewhat.(Stoneshape or greater stoneshape for instance. Or even just the free labor or skills like carpentry or stonecutting.)
3. I got that covered. Quote: "Dispense with Displays Despite the fact that almost every power has a display, a psionic character can always choose to manifest the power without the flashy accompaniment. To manifest a power without any display (no matter how many displays it might have), a manifester must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the level of the power). This check is part of the action of manifesting the power. If the check is unsuccessful, the power manifests normally with its display."
4. Ok, will do.
5. I was mostly thinking of using Charm on Driders to establish contact without fighting, given that I'm offering them a chance to live in civilization again and possibly even regain some authority as well, I think that most of them won't notice anything being off about them being grateful to me and the ones that do may become cautious around me but are unlikely to actually be angry at the outcome.

@everyone else: I was thinking of being an independent drow. Ether running a mercenary group or some form of 'shady' business. Suggestions on how this might tie in with the rest of the group or alternative suggestions would be welcome. Possibly I could ether be hired by Faeremhara to help guard the fortress from the Illithids or I could be the secondary business in which case I would need to redo some skills so I could do the checks but she wouldn't need to worry about it. Possibly both if the secondary business is selling mercenary services. Ether of these would also eliminate, or drastically reduce anyway, the need for me to get a stronghold of my own. I might need to scare up the cash to add an extension to the existing one somewhere but that's still less of an issue then building my own.

Zaer Darkwail

Kongming; A cohort or PC can cover house business or your follower if skilled enough. You must have two lesser businesses for the house.

Saric; True any race can survive in theory but this is meant to discourage from taking extremely exotic races from far distant realms in surface. I am okay with say handful but they must not be majority, let's say around 40% of total believer population can be from surface or other locale than underdark. What comes heritage and stuff; you need keep believer to upkeep any business they own so they are not 'in hand' so to speak and only function in distant locales and send gold or income through caravans and such.

This can present multiple businesses and I allow you have max 10 of such business but they provide income exactly as the DM II rules regarding business does (instead having some odd modifier which I present as house rule to make idea of running business profitable for a PC compared to dungeon dwelling). So at most you could get between 10-20gp per business this way.

Anyways class wise commoners must be most common, then warriors and experts are second common, adepts and aristocrats are most rare. So percentage wise; 45% commoners, 40% warriors/experts and then 15% adepts/aristocrats from whole believer population.

You can decide what highest level believers are, I will start work on your thrall.

Anyways ok on psionic display thingy. What comes to driders; no one likes to be mind controlled so they only go one category worser in behavior. So if they were helpful they turn neutral if they figure out you had mind controlled them. As said; if they discover it.

Kimera

Interested

If you still have room

I had an idea for an aranea sorcerer or an ecl 14 demon/yugoloth being loyal servant of lolth

kongming

Saric: I would be okay with hiring your mercenary services and providing adequate housing, yes.

Zaer: okay, I added the two secondary businesses, one run part-time by my cohort, the other run full-time by a follower. As they get only the normal profit rate, that's fairly small but it means the businesses stay afloat and make some small profit. This means there are plenty of opportunities for adventures to crop up.

Ons/Offs:

Kimera

Too bad the yochlol doesn't have an Level adjustment. Handmaiden of Lolth would have been fitting

Snake

Hmm what would be a good hook to get a human assassin into this though.... business perhaps?

Kimera

A slave that impressed its owner (arena fighter, whatever) and was promoted to be more useful assignments.

Snake

It's very hard to keep someone who psionically change into  a serpent or teleport anywher ehe wants in the underdark as a slave. *laugh* but it is possible.

Kimera

Magical collar to keep the slaves in check....just one of many ways you can keep your slaves complient and unable to escape :)

Snake

True but one who is good with his hands can simply keep icking the lock or again: shapeshift to slip it.

ulthakptah

As far as being aligned goes. I would prefer to be part of the drow house. I've said this before, but my character's bio is on his sheet

Marie Reynolds

Zaer would the waters around the city be able to have a galley and a Dromond fit in them?

Kimera

Can't deside on a demon that's within the level ranges without going for the obvious succubus.

Kunoichi

Actually, Kimera, I don't think you'll be disappointed with a Succubus.  Even with the +6 LA, their natural abilities actually do a pretty good job of making up for the downsides of a high level adjustment.

Quote from: kongming on February 05, 2012, 12:05:38 AM
As for Zekolyn...
Faeremhara would have immediately noticed the presence of such a dragon in the nearby area, and realised that he is very powerful. As such, her first course of action would be to send a messenger bearing the mark of Lolth to see if he was there to take over/destroy the place or for less violent reasons. She also would have sent a slave with the messenger, for the sole purpose of being a gift (ie "Feel free to keep/eat this one").

There's one problem I can find with this, unfortunately. ^^; Since he wouldn't be able to make as much headway in Drow society if it came to light that he was the one in charge in the relationship, being both male and non-drow, Zekolyn generally uses Janafae as a figurehead and mouthpiece.  She has a high enough Bluff score to pass on his arguments and attempts at diplomacy while pretending that they're her own, and maxed out her ranks in Intimidate for when she needs to be scary, so they've been able to do an excellent job at keeping up the deception thus far.  Zekolyn having telepathy also helps, of course.

Overall, rather than hearing about the dragon as a powerful independent creature and being surprised at Janafae's presence, she'd be more likely to hear about Janafae as an Anti-Paladin of Lolth who managed to achieve dominion over an exotic and dangerous breed of dragon, and then figure out on her own during a face-to-face meeting that the dragon is actually the one in charge.

It's up to you how she'd proceed from there, but Zekolyn would probably 'encourage' Janafae to reciprocate any attempts at a relationship that Faeremhara made, as a way of potentially learning useful secrets for the future.  He might even use his Alternate Form ability to get in on the action in a female drow form, if you'd be into that sort of thing.  Given the matriarchal nature of drow society, he's actually come to prefer being in a female form over a male one anyway, so...

Kimera

You may be right, since I can't seem to find a better demon to fit the role.

Not sure on the class though (only 2 levels). Possible that benefits from the huge charisma bonus. One of the fiend classes (possession, ...)

Saric

@Zaer: Updated skills and businesses below as well as Believer breakdown.

Skills (110)
Concentration               +15| +15 +0
Psicraft               +20| +10 +8 +2
Autohypnosis               +16| +13 +1 +2
Bluff                  +12| +10 +2
Knowledge (psionics)            +25| +15 +8 +2
Knowledge (arcana)            +13| +5 +8
Knowledge (architecture and engineering)    +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (Dungeoneering)         +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (Geography)         +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (History)            +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (Local)            +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (Nature)            +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (Nobility and royalty)      +13| +5 +8
Knowledge (Religion)            +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (The planes)         +  9| +1 +8
Gather Information            +  3| +1 +2
Diplomacy               +23| +15 +2 +2 +2 +2
Sense Motive               +11| +10 +1
Craft (sculpting)            +  9| +1 +8

Spellcraft               +11| +1 +8 +2

Search                  +10| +0 +8 +2
Spot                  +  3| +0 +1 +2
Listen                  +  3| +0 +1 +2

Jump                  +  5| +0 +0 +5
Swim                  +  0| +0 +0
Climb                  +  0| +0 +0
Escape Artist               +  2| +0 +2
Intimidate               +  2| +0 +2

Business Operations:
Tathtom Mercenaries (lit: Ready Solder Mercenaries) “For when your coins won’t guard your walls.”
Based inside the fortress (near City, +2 Modifier)
Risky Trade: its Mercenary work. Of course it’s risky. (High Risk, -4 to Profit Margin but 50,000*margin)
Primary Business: Marketing solders (Diplomacy +23)
Secondary Skills: Sense Motive and Bluff (+2 bonus for having 10 ranks in each)
Resources: Low (New believers show up to replace the dead ones and bring their own gear. More gear can be collected from the dead to equip non-believer troops. Believers don’t require pay and are fed for free by magic items.)
Bonuses (all): +11 Buisness Partner, several Specialists, low resources, near city, secondary skills.
Total Bonus: +30(23+11-4) (take ten gives 40)
Standard Monthly Profit: (50*15) 750 GP (enough to pay for what I can’t support out of my own resources + expected profit of 500gp)

Stone Sky Tavern
Based inside the City. (near City, +2 Modifier)
Risky Trade: Tavern’s are Risky apparently. (High Risk, -4 to Profit Margin but 50,000*margin)
Primary Business: Profession: Innkeeper +8
Secondary Skills: Profession: (Cook or Brewer), Sense Motive (+1 bonus for having 5 ranks in each)
Resources: Low (Building was inherited. Using 1st level Believers for labor and employees.)
Bonuses (all): +12 Business Partner, several Specialists, low resources, near city, secondary skills, full time(40+hours a week), Business savvy feat.
Total Bonus: +16(8+12-4) (take ten gives 26)
Standard Monthly Profit: (50*1) 50 GP (all Profit)

Believers:
•   6th 1 = Human Aristocrat 6 (Mercenary Captain/Business Partner)
•   5th 1 = Drow Expert 3 (Innkeeper)
•   4th 2 = Drow Warrior 2 (Mercenary Lieutenant) / Drow Commoner 2 (Innkeeper’s business partner)
•   3rd 3 = Goblin Adept(druid class or druid spells would be preferred) 3 (Has Vermin Trainer Feat, on loan to Faeremhara in return for some of the spider venom he lets them collect and one out of every 5 riding spiders he trains.) (If idea is approved by Kongming) / 2 Drow Warriors 1 (Mercenary shift leaders)
•   2th 6 = 3 Hobgoblin Warriors 1 (Mounted troops) / Bugbear Warrior 1 (Infantry leader) / Orc Warrior 2 (Infantry leader) /Even Warrior 2 (Kept out of site guarding private rooms. To be used to satisfy Lolth if needed)
•   1st 60 = 8 Human Commoners 1 / Halfling Commoner 1 (5 humans work at the inn, the other 3 humans and the Halfling are servants) / 4 Orc Commoners 1 / 13 Goblin Commoners / 5 Dwarf Commoners (Orc, Goblin, and dwarf commoners all work as assorted servants. Much of their work consists of collecting all waste from the fortress-town, both waste from inhabitants and leftovers from the spider’s meals, to fertilize a mushroom farm in a near-by cave. Some of the mushrooms are collected for food but most serve to feed a herd of Rothe, also kept in the same cave, that they also take care of. Some of the Rothe are killed for food but most are used to feed the spiders raised and kept in another cave by the Drow House. Finally some of the Goblins help care for and train the spiders since if one of them gets eaten it's a small loss.) / 4 Goblin Warriors 1 / 5 Human Warriors 1 / 12 Orc Warriors 1 / 7 Dwarf Warriors 1 / Gnome Warrior 1

@Kongming: Had an idea (see Believers) for a 3rd level Goblin with the Vermin Trainer feat being on loan to train the spiders to provide venom (Tricks: Bestow Venom, Down, Stay), provide webbing (Tricks: Give Webbing, Down, Stay), defend the Fortress (Tricks: Ambush, Down, Heel or Web, Defend, Down), or to train them as Riding mounts. Wanted to know what you thought of it since their your spiders. Also had an idea (see Believers) to have some of the extra 1st level Commoner believers run a mushroom farm and herd Rothe (which would be fed the mushrooms) to provide a source of food for the Fort and the spiders. Since Tarennar (My character) would not be doing this out of the goodness of his heart we'd ether need to work out some form of payment, trade or some other reason he would consent to do this. Do you like these plans? Any comments or ideas?

kongming

Kimera: Succubus is probably the best choice, yeah. As for classes, I'd suggest either one of the Fiends of ___ from Fiend Folio, or the BoVD Soul Eater (or Soul Drinker? The one that gets a level draining touch attack), or maybe see if you can take additional Outsider HD (given each one is +1 BAB, 1d8 HP, 8+Int Skill Points, +1 Caster Level for all SLAs, +1 Spell Resistance, +1/2 to all saves and, IIRC, +1 natural armour as well) and let you "evolve" into a Lilitu (advanced Succubus from Fiendish Codex) or Greater Succubus (from BoEF) when you reach enough hit dice.

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 05, 2012, 06:08:29 PM
Overall, rather than hearing about the dragon as a powerful independent creature and being surprised at Janafae's presence, she'd be more likely to hear about Janafae as an Anti-Paladin of Lolth who managed to achieve dominion over an exotic and dangerous breed of dragon, and then figure out on her own during a face-to-face meeting that the dragon is actually the one in charge.

Ah, okay. In that case, yes, she'd be more eager to directly deal with a Drow Anti-Paladin (and then figure out how it works and so deal with both).

QuoteIt's up to you how she'd proceed from there, but Zekolyn would probably 'encourage' Janafae to reciprocate any attempts at a relationship that Faeremhara made, as a way of potentially learning useful secrets for the future.  He might even use his Alternate Form ability to get in on the action in a female drow form, if you'd be into that sort of thing.

Most certainly :D

Ons/Offs:

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 05, 2012, 04:06:21 PM
Zaer would the waters around the city be able to have a galley and a Dromond fit in them?

Asking is sea trade or such possible? Well yes, altough vessels are not going to be large and must move without sails on. But considering current is strong they can move by current alone to one way direction but they must have locomotation some other kind to move in rivers of underdark.

MingMing

Well, here is my character sheet and brief bio...

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=360317

As a slave, she'd be beneath most people's notice, I think... so her past isn't really anything anyone might know of, unless the DM wants others to know.  From first glance it's obvious she's a surfacer -a human, and has been hobbled by having her ankle tendons cut and the bones broken and reset incorrectly, so it's not hard to assume that she's tried to escape at least once and was caught.  She seems to be a recent prize brought to the city, or at least one who has never seen at auction publicly.  Not really sure what else I should reveal outside of RP...  :-D
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Zaer Darkwail

Just note with above char she has flaws which reduce her landspeed and also trait too what I remember. So that explains broken tendons or ankle bones or knees which would reduce any rapid movement of legs to stiff hurried walk. But still has a 14 dex and so she could be called slow but graceful in movements ;).

Marie Reynolds

Alright thanks I am thinking of using ships as a base of operations.

MingMing

You know, one of the most beautiful images I remember from the BG series of RPG's was the drow-captured spelljammer hovering over the spires of the drow city of Ust Natha, elegant and deadly, with the Captain reminiscing of the beauty of ships on fire in the phlogiston, and the easy booty of raiding other vessels.  It always seemed to me that a drow captain should have one of those ships, magically soaring and skimming through the spheres and planes, like a flying dutchman through caverns and stone.  Maybe instead of concentrating on an Underdark aquatic vessel, you could select one of those jamming vessels instead?
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Marie Reynolds

That would be a GM call and me finding the spell jammer setting info

Zaer Darkwail

As said this is open setting but to get a spelljammer ship costs ten times more what your house can pull off now through business :P. Either way you would not be much respected if you live on a ship/boat compared building a staglamite spire or grand stone house in Erelhei-Cinlu. It would make more sense in some other drow culture or setting where sailing is primary focus in drow city, but the river trade is small side tray of drow business trading in Erelhei-Cinlu and not depended on it. Altough river brought goods bring often exotic stuff to the market.

Kimera

Quote from: kongming on February 06, 2012, 12:41:58 AM
Kimera: Succubus is probably the best choice, yeah. As for classes, I'd suggest either one of the Fiends of ___ from Fiend Folio, or the BoVD Soul Eater (or Soul Drinker? The one that gets a level draining touch attack), or maybe see if you can take additional Outsider HD (given each one is +1 BAB, 1d8 HP, 8+Int Skill Points, +1 Caster Level for all SLAs, +1 Spell Resistance, +1/2 to all saves and, IIRC, +1 natural armour as well) and let you "evolve" into a Lilitu (advanced Succubus from Fiendish Codex) or Greater Succubus (from BoEF) when you reach enough hit dice.

Ah, okay. In that case, yes, she'd be more eager to directly deal with a Drow Anti-Paladin (and then figure out how it works and so deal with both).

Alright, sounds like a plan. I'll start with the succubus; Forgot about the soul eater...hmmm tempting. Would the energy drain from the succubus stack with the souleater

An advanced succubus also sounds like fun, especially if it could evolve, but i'll wait if Zaer would allow this or not.

kongming

Saric: sorry, missed the bit at the end of your post. That could certainly work. I could arrange a payment or trade agreement of some kind, depending on what you're most interested in - money is the easiest, but it all depends.

Kimera: the level drain from Soul Eater is from a touch attack, such as the touch attack made to start a grapple. The level drain from Succubus is from kissing (or other activities), which often requires a grapple. So out of combat it doesn't matter - if you can get them in your embrace they're done for. In combat, it's "Touch attack (negative level) -> initiate grapple -> grapple and kiss (negative level + Suggestion to accept more, now at -2 to the Save from level loss)". And if they fail the save for the Suggestion, that's 2 more levels on the next turn...

Granted, you'd want to find ways to improve your Grappling so you can deliver that kiss (Strength boosts, Improved Grapple, items that let you cast Fearsome Grapple and Bladeweave), or just increase your Save DC of Charm Monster/Suggestion (high Charisma, Ability Focus) so they just willingly accept such things from you without the Grapple.

Ons/Offs:

Kimera

Alright, thanks for the help

An advanced succubus also sounds like fun, especially if it could evolve, but i'll wait if Zaer would allow this or not.

Zaer Darkwail

I allow advanced succubus to evolve higher form :). Just need enough HD to qualify for evolution.

Kimera

Ok then

I think i'll make an advanced succubus then with a one level dip in soul eater.

Kunoichi

Quote from: kongming on February 06, 2012, 12:41:58 AM

Excellent. ;D Looks like we'll be getting up to some rather interesting roleplaying...

Saric

Quote from: kongming on February 06, 2012, 10:12:45 AM
Saric: sorry, missed the bit at the end of your post. That could certainly work. I could arrange a payment or trade agreement of some kind, depending on what you're most interested in - money is the easiest, but it all depends.

Given that my merc business makes 750gp a month and that your paying for me what do you say we bump it up to 1000gp a month and you don't have to pay wages for the workers or servants for the Fortress? You'll probably need the guards in addition to me do to the danger of the area. Also an unstated portion of the pay will be you putting up with a certain amount of cheek from me.

@Zaer: for the purposes of the Landlord feat do we count character levels or effective character levels? Because if it's ECL I may pick up a flaw so I can get that feat and if I do it should be...interesting.  ;D

Also I am doing away with the decoy idea do to personality considerations.

Zaer Darkwail

I would rule that Landlord is based on ECL, I at least counted matron mother granted benefit based on that formula.

Saric

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 06, 2012, 04:03:14 PM
I would rule that Landlord is based on ECL, I at least counted matron mother granted benefit based on that formula.

Sweet! I just realized I have to ask another mildly vital kind of question. Do discounts to construction apply to Wondrous Architecture or to making the Stronghold mobile?

Zaer Darkwail

Location based discounts do apply vs everything but material source specific ones are counted sepparately from mobility or wondrous architecture.

Marie Reynolds

So not to hold things up any i am going to withdraw from this game cause i am having character build ADD.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 07, 2012, 09:04:26 AM
So not to hold things up any i am going to withdraw from this game cause i am having character build ADD.

Awww, sad hear that :(.

Saric

Revised Character sheet: (Powers were unchanged so I didn't bother to include them again.)

Name: Tarennar (Loosely translates as “High Bringer of Guidance”)
LvL 14: LvL 5 Psion/ LvL 7 Thrallherd/ LvL 2 Drow Class (XP: )
Drow CN  White eyes and silver hair 5’4’’ 118lb Age: 27
Str   10 -> 10 +0
Dex   10 -> 12 +1
Con   12 -> 10 +0
Int   18 -> 22(26) +6(8)
Wis   13 -> 13 +1
Cha   11 -> 14 +2
   HP: (46/46)
AC: +27|10 +1+6+2+4+1+1+2
BA: +6/+1
Fort: +  6 | +4+0 +2
Ref:  +  7 | +4+1 +2
Will: +11 | +8+1 +2
Speed: 30ft(40ft with boots)   GP: 1,256
God: Lolth
Initiative: +1(3)
Speaks: Common,  Elven,  Undercommon, Abyssal, Draconic, Drow Sign
Language, Gnome, Goblin
Manifester Level: 11

Weapons
•   +2 Drowcraft Deep Crystal Light Crossbow of Parrying 1d8+4 19-20/x2 80ft 4lb – +2 luck bonus to hit and damage in underdark/ pay 2 pp to deal an extra 2d6
o   200 bolts (100 have Psionic Glyphs of Warding cast on them set to go off when touched by anyone else or when the proper command phrase is spoken. Phrase is different for each bolt.)
-25 w/ fire glyph 5d8+3d10 fire damage, Reflex Save DC 22
-25 w/ acid glyph 5d8+3d10 acid damage, Reflex Save DC 22
-20 w/ cold glyph 5d8+3d10 cold damage, Reflex Save DC 22
-20 w/ electricity glyph 5d8+3d10 electricity damage, Reflex Save DC 22
-10 w/ sonic glyph 5d8+3d10 sonic damage, Reflex Save DC 22
•   MW Rapier 1d6 18-20/x2 – 2lb

Armor
•   +1 Drowcraft Mithral Breastplate of Nimbleness +6 +6 -0 15% 15lb - +2 Deflection bonus to AC in underdark.
•   +1 Buckler +2 - -0 5% 5lb

Magic Items
•   Third Eye of Penetrate(eyes) - Grants the wearer a +2 bonus on manifester level checks to overcome a creature’s power resistance.
•   Cinnabar eye cusps (eyes, non-magic) – Gain darkvision range equal to range of normal vision on the surface at twilight when in radiation-infused areas of the underdark.
•   Psionatrix of telepathy (neck) - +1 DC to telepathy powers
•   Skin of the Defender - +4 enhancement bonus to natural armor.
•   Belt of Battle (waist) – +2 competence bonus to initiative checks. 3charges/day – 1 charge = extra move action – 2 charges = extra standard action – 3 charges = extra full-round action. All extra actions must be taken immediately before you take any other actions.
•   Handy Haversack- backpack always weighs 5lb. Two side pockets hold 2 cubic feet or 20lbs of material while the central portion can hold 8 cubic feet or 80 pounds of material. Recovering an item is always a move action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
•   Ring of the Darkhidden (ring) – invisible to Darkvision though clearly visible in normal light.
•   Tan bag of tricks – draw ball from bag and throw up to 20ft away, ball becomes an animal who serves the one who removed it from the bag for up to 10min or until slain or sent back into the bag. Animal can follow any commands described in the handle animal skill. Animal type is random by bag. Can be used 10/week. Tan: 01-30 Brown bear, 31-60 Lion, 61-80 Heavy Warhorse, 81-90 Tiger, 91-100 Rhinoceros. (Heavy Warhorse appears with harness and tack and accepts drawer as rider)
•   Headband of Int +4
•   Cloak of Resistance +2
•   4 Field Provisions Boxes – Full days provisions(food and drink) for 15 medium creatures each day per box. (Feeds 60 medium creatures.)

Items
Artisan’s tools 5lb
Alchemist’s lab 40lb
Explorer’s Outfit x2 8lb (16lb total)
Courtier’s outfit 6 lb (with 50gp of jewelry)
Crowbar 5lb
Flint and Steel -lb
Grappling hook 4lb
Hammer 2lb
2 silk rope (50ft each) 5lb (10lb total)
2lb sealing wax
Swing needle -lb
Spade 8lb
Belt pouch 0.5lb
9 1-pint flasks of Oil 1lb
50ft roll of twine –lb
2 potions of cure light wounds

Skills (110)
Concentration               +15| +15 +0
Psicraft               +20| +10 +8 +2
Autohypnosis               +16| +13 +1 +2
Bluff                  +12| +10 +2
Knowledge (psionics)            +25| +15 +8 +2
Knowledge (arcana)            +13| +5 +8
Knowledge (architecture and engineering)    +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (Dungeoneering)         +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (Geography)         +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (History)            +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (Local)            +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (Nature)            +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (Nobility and royalty)      +13| +5 +8
Knowledge (Religion)            +  9| +1 +8
Knowledge (The planes)         +  9| +1 +8
Gather Information            +  3| +1 +2
Diplomacy               +23| +15 +2 +2 +2 +2
Sense Motive               +11| +10 +1
Craft (sculpting)            +  9| +1 +8

Spellcraft               +11| +1 +8 +2

Search                  +10| +0 +8 +2
Spot                  +  3| +0 +1 +2
Listen                  +  3| +0 +1 +2

Jump                  +  5| +0 +0 +5
Swim                  +  0| +0 +0
Climb                  +  0| +0 +0
Escape Artist               +  1| +0 +1
Intimidate               +  2| +0 +2

Business Operations:
Tathtom Mercenaries (lit: Ready Solder Mercenaries) “For when your coins won’t guard your walls.”
Based inside the fortress (near City, +2 Modifier)
Risky Trade: its Mercenary work. Of course it’s risky. (High Risk, -4 to Profit Margin but 50,000*margin)
Primary Business: Marketing solders (Diplomacy +23)
Secondary Skills: Sense Motive and Bluff (+2 bonus for having 10 ranks in each)
Resources: Low (New believers show up to replace the dead ones and bring their own gear. More gear can be collected from the dead to equip non-believer troops. Believers don’t require pay and are fed for free by magic items.)
Bonuses (all): +11 Buisness Partner, several Specialists, low resources, near city, secondary skills.
Total Bonus: +30(23+11-4) (take ten gives 40)
Standard Monthly Profit: (50*15) 750 GP (enough to pay for what I can’t support out of my own resources + expected profit of 500gp)

Stone Sky Tavern
Based inside the City. (near City, +2 Modifier)
Risky Trade: Tavern’s are Risky apparently. (High Risk, -4 to Profit Margin but 50,000*margin)
Primary Business: Profession: Innkeeper +8
Secondary Skills: Profession: (Cook or Brewer), Sense Motive (+1 bonus for having 5 ranks in each)
Resources: Low (Building was inherited. Using 1st level Believers for labor and employees.)
Bonuses (all): +12 Business Partner, several Specialists, low resources, near city, secondary skills, full time(40+hours a week), Business savvy feat.
Total Bonus: +16(8+12-4) (take ten gives 26)
Standard Monthly Profit: (50*1) 50 GP (all Profit)

Believers:
•   6th 1 = Human Aristocrat 6 (Mercenary Captain/Business Partner)
•   5th 1 = Drow Expert 3 (Innkeeper)
•   4th 2 = Drow Warrior 2 (Mercenary Lieutenant) / Drow Commoner 2 (Innkeeper’s business partner)
•   3rd 3 = Goblin Adept(druid class or druid spells would be preferred) 3 (Has Vermin Trainer Feat, on loan to Faeremhara in return for some of the spider venom he lets them collect and one out of every 5 riding spiders he trains.) / 2 Drow Warriors 1 (Mercenary shift leaders)
•   2th 6 = 3 Hobgoblin Warriors 1 (Mounted troops) / Bugbear Warrior 1 (Infantry leader) / Orc Warrior 2 (Infantry leader) /Even Warrior 2 (Kept out of site guarding private rooms. To be used to satisfy Lolth if needed)
•   1st 60 = 8 Human Commoners 1 / Halfling Commoner 1 (5 humans work at the inn, the other 3 humans and the Halfling are servants) / 4 Orc Commoners 1 / 13 Goblin Commoners / 5 Dwarf Commoners (Orc, Goblin, and dwarf commoners all work as assorted servants. Much of their work consists of collecting all waste from the fortress-town, both waste from inhabitants and leftovers from the spider’s meals, to fertilize a mushroom farm in a near-by cave. Some of the mushrooms are collected for food but most serve to feed a herd of Rothe keep in the same cave. Some of the Rothe are killed for food but most are used to feed the spiders raised and kept in another cave by the Drow House.) / 4 Goblin Warriors 1 / 5 Human Warriors 1 / 12 Orc Warriors 1 / 7 Dwarf Warriors 1 / Gnome Expert 1

Stronghold
Underground, Mobile [Burrowing (Slothful)] (Hewn stone walls free, -5% discount)
Free Labor (-30% discount)

Luxury Bath
Luxury Study
Gatehouse (Iron Portcullis)
Barbican (Strong wooden door w/ good lock)
Luxury Bedroom Suite (Strong wooden door w/ amazing lock)
2 Barracks
Basic Armory (Strong wooden door w/ good lock)
Fancy Kitchen   
Servant’s Quarters
Fancy Bedrooms (2 Strong wooden doors w/ good locks)
Guard Post (Strong wooden door w/ good lock)
Basic Bath

Subtotal for stronghold: 71,940(stronghold) + 220,500 (Mobility [Burrowing(Slothful)]) = 292,440 for 14ss

Wondrous Architecture
Platform of Healing (In armory)
Bed of Restoration (in my Bedroom Suite)

Subtotal for wondrous architecture: 68,000

Final Subtotal: 292,440 + 68,000 = 360,440
Discount of 35% = 234,286
After Stronghold allowance: 234,286 – 200,000 = 34,286
Amount owed after money has been doubled = 17,143 (Paid)

Staff: (Believers)
1 Servant (Dwarven Commoner 1)
2 Valet (Human Commoner 1 for Bath, Elven Warrior 2 for Luxury Bedroom Suite)
1 Clerk (Gnome Expert)
2 Cooks (Human Commoner 1, Halfling Commoner 1)

Wages per month: free

(Myself, my Thrall, and my higher level believers stay in my stronghold except for those that work the inn. Extra room in the Barracks is filled with warriors in decreasing order of level and usefulness. Thrall is in one of the Fancy Bedrooms most of the time but the other remains open for guests. If more space is needed the Thrall is moved to the Barracks. All Believers who don’t fit are housed in the Inn where they work or by the Drow House they have been assigned to.)

Race Abilities
•   Darkvision out to 120 feet.
•   Immunity  to sleep spells
•   +2 racial bonus on Will saves against spells, spell-like abilities, and enchantment effects of other sorts.
•   Spell resistance equal to 11 + class level. (23)
•   Spell-Like Abilities:  Drow can use the following spell-like abilities 1/day: dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire. Caster level equals the drow's class level.
•   Weapon Proficiency:  A drow is automatically proficient with the hand crossbow, the rapier, and the short sword.
•   +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A drow who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
•   Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. In addition, they take a -1 circumstance penalty on attack rolls, saves, and checks when in bright light.

Class Abilities
•   Telepath
•   Thrallherd – Gain Thrall and Believers according to Thrallherd leadership score. Score is character level (12) + cha mod (2) + Thrallherd level (7) = 21. A leadership score of 21 gives a Thrall of up to level 15 (Must be one level below total level so is only level 13 as of now.) and Believers as follows: 60 1st level, 6 2nd level, 3 3rd level, 2 4th level, 1 5th level, 1 6th level. Thralls and Believers lost or gained by a rise in leadership are replaced or added within 24 hours.
•   Psionic Charm – Psionic charm is added to the Thrallherd’s powers known list and 1/day can be manifest at a reduced cost. Subtract the Thrallherd’s level from the power point cost to a minimum of 1.
•   Psionic Dominate -  Psionic dominate is added to the Thrallherd’s powers known list and 1/day can be manifest at a reduced cost. Subtract the Thrallherd’s level from the power point cost to a minimum of 1.
•   Greater Dominate - The Thrallherd does not have to pay 2 additional power points when she augments psionic dominate to affect animals, fey, giants, magical beasts, and monstrous humanoids. This reduced point cost does not increase the save DC of the power as if she had spent the additional power points.

Flaws
•   Noncombatant - -2 to melee attack rolls

Feats
•   Inquisitor [Psionic] – Spend psionic focus to gain a +10 bonus on a Sense Motive check to oppose a Bluff check. You must decide whether or not to use this feat prior to making a Sense Motive check. If your check fails, or if the opponent isn’t lying, you still expend your psionic focus.
•   Psionic Meditation [Psionic] – Become psionically focused as a Move Action.
•   Power Penetration [Psionic] – Spend psionic focus to gain a +4 bonus on manifester level checks made to overcome a creature’s power resistance.
•   Psionic Mastery –  Can take 10 on manifester checks.
•   Point Blank Shot – Deal +1 damage on ranged attacks within 30ft.
•   Precise Shot -  Ignore the -4 penalty for firing into a Melee
•   Rapid Reload [Light crossbow] – Reload a light crossbow as a free action. Can make full attacks with a light crossbow.
•   Landlord – See page 10 of stronghold builders guide.

Kimera

Andariel Mizzrym

Name: Andariel Mizzrym
Race: Succubus
Height and Weight: 6'1'', 135lbs
Orientation: Bisexual with Lesbian preference
Class & Level: Advanced Succubus

Ability:Score:Mod:Temp:Temp Mod:
Strength14(+2)18(+4)
Dexterity14(+2)18(+4)
Constitution16(+3)20(+5)
Intelligence18(+4)18(+4)
Wisdom16(+3)20(+5)
Charisma34(+12)40(+15)

Initiative: +4
Speed: 30' (30'), Fly: 50ft (average)
Hit Points: 98/98 (0 non-lethal, 0 temporary, 0 vile, 0 frostburn)(82 without equipment)
Immunities: Electricity & poison
Resistances: Acid 10, Cold 10, Fire 10
Damage Reduction: 10 cold iron or good

BAB/Grapple: +8/+10
Melee Attacks: +12/+7
Ranged Attacks: +12/+7
Claw: +12 melee at 5' (1d6+2+1d4 force, can touch incorporeal)

Armour Class: 30 (+4 Dex +5 Armour +11 Natural Armor)
Flat Footed: 26
Touch Attacks: 14

Saves:BaseAbilityMiscTotal
Fort:+6+5+0+11
Ref:+6+4+0+10
Will:+6+5+0+11

Languages Spoken:
Abyssal
Celestial
Common
Draconic
Elven
Undercommon
Drow Sign
(All languages as per Tongue(ex))

Proficiencies:
Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons

Feats:
1 HD: Dodge
3 HD: Mobility
6 HD: Supernatural Transformation (Suggestion becomes a spurnatural ability, ignoring spell resistance)

Skills:

Bluff8 ranks+23
Concentration5 ranks+10
Diplomacy6 ranks+21
Disguise8 ranks+23
Escape Artist6 ranks+10
Intimidate9 ranks+24
Knowledge: Any one8 ranks+12
Listen9 ranks+22
Move Silently8 ranks+12
Search8 ranks+12
Spot9 ranks+22
Survival0 ranks+5
Use Rope4 ranks+8

Special Attacks:
Energy Drain (su): (DC 31)
suggestion (su): (DC 30)
Spell-like Abilities: At will: Caster level 14th, Save DC is charisma-based
-   charm monster (DC 31)
-   detect good
-   detect thoughts (DC 27)
-   ethereal jaunt (self plus 50 pounds of objects only)
-   polymorph (humanoid form only, no limit on duration)
-   greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only)

Summon Tanari (sp): 1/day 30% chance to summon a vrock

Special Qualities:
Darkvision 60'
Damage Reduction 10 cold iron or good
Immunities: Electricity & poison
Spell Resistance: 20
Telepathy 100ft
Tongues (su)

+8 racial to listen and spot
+10 on disguise when using polymorph

Equipment:
Periapt of Wisdom +4 (16,000)
Cloak of Charisma +6 (36,000)
Rings of Force Armor (30,000)
Boots of Constitution +4 (16,000)
Belt of Strength +4 (16,000)
Veil of Allure (14,000)
Elegant gown (Vestment of Many Styles) (500)

4500 GP left

Still need to select my 3 feats and have some 38000 GP left to buy maybe a weapon or something. I'm also stuck on a name at the moment.

Forgot the skill tabel aswell, will fix this along with the rest

Background will follow aswell

Zaer Darkwail

Saric, your char looks okay altough have you taken account in your stronghold for the fact that you need breathing air inside the fortress to able burrow fully underground?

Anyways add the charsheet to charsheet section. Kimera, char is looking good so far :). Just finish it.

Kimera

Ok I think my stats are completely done now.

Still have some cash left though, but can't deside on a good weapon. A bow perhaps, or maybe tongue studs of hell breath, from BoVD.

Or maybe I could spend the 38000 to upgrafde her own personal room in the stronghold.

Suggestions?

Kunoichi

The Magic Item Compendium has the Veil of Allure, priced at 14,000 gp, on page 145.  Enchantment spells and spell-like abilities have their save DCs go up by 2, and Charisma-based Ex and Su abilities get the same bonus.

Saric

Quote from: Kimera on February 08, 2012, 12:17:57 PM
Still have some cash left though, but can't deside on a good weapon. A bow perhaps, or maybe tongue studs of hell breath, from BoVD.

Or maybe I could spend the 38000 to upgrade her own personal room in the stronghold.

Suggestions?

May I suggest a Ring of Mindshielding? (8,000gp)

Or Imperious Vestments perhaps? (34,000gp, Magic Item Compendium p112)

A ring of Mystic Defiance could also help. (7,000gp, Magic Item Compendium p125)

Rings of Force armor would be very helpful if you were willing to drop the Ring of Protection, they give a +5 armor bonus, deal 1d4 damage to any creature that hits you with a non-reach melee attack, and add 1d4 damage to your unarmed and natural attacks. (30,000gp, Magic Item Compendium p128)

Shiftweave might be more practical then the Elegant gown it can become anyone of five outfits, chosen at creation, with a swift mental action. Something practical in a fight, the gown, perhaps something in leather?  >:)  (500gp, Magic Item Compendium p133)

Do you have the Magic Item Compendium? Because I'm sure you could find something in the Tools section as well... If you don't have it let me know and I'll see if I can figure out a way to get you the pdf.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Saric on February 08, 2012, 03:41:10 PM
Shiftweave might be more practical then the Elegant gown it can become anyone of five outfits, chosen at creation, with a swift mental action. Something practical in a fight, the gown, perhaps something in leather?  >:)  (500gp, Magic Item Compendium p133)

Actually, rather than Shiftweave, I think a better choice would be the Vestment of Many Styles, from Races of Eberron.  It's the exact same price, but it turns into any outfit you can think of with a command word, instead.

Kimera

Yes, I have the item compendium

I'll take a look at all the suggestions

Thanks

The rings of force armor don't stack with the bracers of armor don't they, since it's both an armor bonus.

Saric

no they don't stack but I'm sure you could find other bracers that would help

Kimera

Ok, bought the vestment of many styles, the rings of force armor and veil of allure. 4500gp left :)

Maybe a rack of irresistable torture from BoVD. Gives an extra 10 on intimidate (although only useful in the stronghold)

I'll see that her background is done by tomorrow so she will be completely finished

Saric

Ghostraven

Are you still looking for players? If so I would be interested in joining.

Kunoichi

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ghostraven on February 08, 2012, 10:33:59 PM
Are you still looking for players? If so I would be interested in joining.

Yep, still open. Also those who are accepted feel free start chat in OOC and I can start work actually think/write opening post.

Kimera

Quote from: Saric on February 08, 2012, 06:36:13 PM
did you replace the bracers of armor yet?

Yep, removed the bracers of armor and ring of protection and then added the rings of force armor

Kimera

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 09, 2012, 01:33:21 AM
Yep, still open. Also those who are accepted feel free start chat in OOC and I can start work actually think/write opening post.

Is the OOC chat the same as from the old game?

Kunoichi

There's a link to the OOC thread in the first post of this thread.

Yes, though, it is the previous game's OOC thread.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, we use the old game OOC (no reason create new one really).

Snake

Hmmm.... I almost feel like I should either repost my assassin or get another char up here *laugh*

Saric

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 08, 2012, 06:09:17 AM
Saric, your char looks okay altough have you taken account in your stronghold for the fact that you need breathing air inside the fortress to able burrow fully underground?

Anyways add the charsheet to charsheet section.

I did consider that but I've run out of money for a bottle of air (At least without giving up something I'd really rather not...), given that it should take a few hours to use up the air that is inside already I figure I'm just going to have to surface once in awhile for fresh air like an old fashion submarine.

We have a Character sheet section?

Kunoichi

Quote from: Saric on February 09, 2012, 04:05:17 PM
I did consider that but I've run out of money for a bottle of air (At least without giving up something I'd really rather not...), given that it should take a few hours to use up the air that is inside already I figure I'm just going to have to surface once in awhile for fresh air like an old fashion submarine.

Well, any of your own money that you spend on things for your stronghold gets doubled, if you've got any leftover starting wealth...

Saric

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 09, 2012, 08:55:36 PM
Well, any of your own money that you spend on things for your stronghold gets doubled, if you've got any leftover starting wealth...

I know about the doubling but I still don't have enough. I have a little over 1.2k but a bottle of air costs a little over 7k. I'll be able to get one fairly quickly once we start (assuming I can find one to buy...) but I don't have enough now. Possibly my Thrall will have some left over cash once he's been made. I shall simply have to wait and see.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I make your thrall today. I include bottle of air to his gear somehow ;).

Saric

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 10, 2012, 02:22:43 AM
Yeah, I make your thrall today. I include bottle of air to his gear somehow ;).

I thank you for that but really as long as there's roughly 2.4k or more gold left on him I can pool the cash and make it a stronghold purchase. Thanks anyway though, I appreciate it.

Ghostraven

Work has been a pain this week; I hope to finish up my character and get it posted up tomorrow night or Monday night for Zaer to look at.

TTYL

Ghostraven

Kunoichi

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Saric on February 10, 2012, 01:17:57 PM
I thank you for that but really as long as there's roughly 2.4k or more gold left on him I can pool the cash and make it a stronghold purchase. Thanks anyway though, I appreciate it.

Ok, I made some random rolling and you will acquire a following thrall (need type the stuff up in online format);

Neutral evil female gloura Virtuoso 4.

So in effect; 11th level bardic caster with bardic music stuff egual to his perform ranks than class levels as bard. A dark female fey which can with music turn mobs hate someone (a manipulator). But also 11th level as bardic caster opens lots of windows for other stuff also if your clever; can be spy, healer or even offensive caster.

Total 3 bonus feats with HD combined.

Ghostraven

Here is my updated character.
Let me know if you have any ideas involving XyhriNeerune interacting with the other characters for the game.

TTYL

Ghostraven

Name: XyhriNeerune
Race: Yochlol
Height and Weight: 5'4'', 100lbs
Hair: Purple
Eyes: Carnelian
Orientation: Bisexual
Class & Level: Handmaiden of Lolth - Yochlol

Ability: | Score: | Mod: | Temp: | Temp Mod:
Strength   20 (+5)
Dexterity   24 (+7) 28 (+9)
Constitution   22 (+6) 26 (+8)
Intelligence   22 (+6)
Wisdom   16 (+3) 20 (+5)
Charisma   26 (+8) 32 (+11)

Initiative: +9
Listen +18, Spot +18
Speed: 30'
Hit Points: 155 (125 without equipment)
Immunities: acid, electricity, mind-affecting spells and effects, poison
Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 10
Damage Reduction: 10 good

Melee 8 tendrils +17 (1d4+5) Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +10 ; Grp +15
Attack Options: Combat Expertise

Melee Attacks: +15/+10
Ranged Attacks: +19/+14
Melee 8 tendrils +17 (1d4+4) Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Melee MW Dagger +20/+15 (1d4+4)

Armor Class: 24 (10 +9 Dex +5 Armor)
Flat Footed: 15
Touch Attacks: 19

Saves: | Base: | Ability: | Misc: | Total:
Fort: +7 +8 +2 (+17)
Ref: +7 +9 +2 (+18)
Will: +7 +5 +2 (+14)

Languages Spoken:
Abyssal
Drow
Common
Draconic
Elven
Undercommon
Drow Sign

Proficiencies:
Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons

Feats:
Combat Casting, Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon (hand crossbow), Persuasive, Weapon Finesse

Skills:

Skill: | Total: | Ranks: | Ability: | SYN: | Feat:
Bluff 28 13 11 2 2
Concentration 21 13 8
Diplomacy 24 13 11
Hide 22 13 9
Intimidate 28 13 11 2 2
Knowledge (arcana) 19 13 6
Knowledge (religion) 19 13 6
Knowledge (the planes) 19 13 6
Listen 18 13 5
Move Silently 22 13 9
Sense Motive 18 13 5
Spot 18 13 5
Perform (Stringed) 24 13 11
Gather Information 24 13 11

Spell-like Abilities: At will: Caster level 10th, Save DC is charisma-based
At will—detect thoughts (DC 23), dominate person (DC 26),darkness, desecrate, greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), spider climb, stone shape, web (DC 23)

Special Qualities:
Darkvision 60'
Damage Reduction: 10 good
Immunities: Acid, Electricity, Mind-Affecting spells and effects, Poison
Spell Resistance: 19
Telepathy 100ft

Gaseous Form (Su) A yochlol can assume gaseous form, appearing as a roiling cloud of oily green smoke. In this form, a yochlol’s statistics do not change, although it is treated as if under the effects of a gaseous form spell that cannot be dispelled. A gaseous yochlol can use contact other plane at will as an additional spell-like ability. Any creature sharing the same square as a gaseous yochlol at the end of that creature’s turn is affected as if by a stinking cloud spell (DC 20 Fort save negates). The save DC is Constitution-based.

Humanoid Form (Su) A yochlol can assume the form of a hauntingly beautiful human or elf (usually drow) woman. It has only a little flexibility in altering its specific appearance, and as a result it can’t use this ability to disguise itself as a specific individual.

Lolth’s Favor (Su) As a handmaiden of Lolth, a yochlol receives the spider queen’s favor in the form of a deflection bonus to its Armor Class equal to its Charisma bonus. It does not retain this bonus while in humanoid form, but it does retain the bonus in its gaseous and spider forms.

Mind Blank (Su) A yochlol is protected at all times by the equivalent of a mind blank spell. This effect cannot be dispelled.

Rapid Shapeshifter (Ex) A yochlol can shift between its four forms with astounding speed. Changing shape is a swift action that a yochlol can perform as often as once per round.

Spider Form (Su) A yochlol can assume spider form, appearing as a Medium monstrous black widow spider. It retains all of its base statistics but gains a climb speed of 30 feet. It loses its tendril attacks but gains a bite attack (+16 melee, 1d6+6 plus poison [DC 20, 1d6 Con/2d6 Con]). The poison save DC is Constitution-based.

Equipment:
Masterwork Dagger

Periapt of Wisdom +4 (16,000)
Crown of Charisma +6 (36,000)
Ring of Negative Protection (36,000)
Belt of Constitution +4 (16,000)
Bracers of Armor +5 (25,000)
Ring of Resistance +2 (4,000)
Lolthite Robes (Shift weave) (500) Five specific outfits
200 GP remaining

Background:
Yochlols are the handmaidens of the Spider Queen Lolth; they are feared throughout Material Planes as her eyes and ears.
XyhriNeerune is no different than her sisters in her service to the Queen of the Demonweb pits. She arrived in Erelhei-cinlu during the last sacrifice at the Fane of Lolth; quite to the surprise of the high priestess. XyhriNeerune has spent the last few weeks haunting Lolth's temple, terrorizing the lesser priestesses and acolytes. She has recently begun paying visits to a few of the Drow Houses as well as other locations in the city. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to her visits nor to the questions or demands she has made while there. Of course none would expect that the Handmaiden would openly give her real reason for her presence in the city.
She has started asking questions about the areas surrounding the city and seems to be surreptitiously looking for someone or something.

Zaer Darkwail

Looks good to me, feel free add it into charsheet section of the game but continue discuss about potential PC involvements with others :). I will try start get things rolling this weekend if our matron mother is ready and able to post in friday/saturday.

Ghostraven

Yay!

Where is the charsheet section for the game? I didn't see a link for characters in either the OOC or Reboot threads.

Zaer Darkwail

Sorry, it seems we do not have charsheet section :P. My bad :(. It seems in earlier reboot I held all charsheet (or more links to them) in first page of the recruit thread.

Now to easy organize I ask both the new and the old players to post their chars in here, those who had been accepted.

Ghostraven