Battletech 3145 - Recruitment (Open for recruitment)

Started by Blobbe, June 16, 2014, 07:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Well, it's rather difficult to hunt down mechs in that speed range.  The fastest of the 7 that I've found is 162kph.  All are well armed and don't rely on ER Small Lasers.  Of course, if speed's your goal, you do have to cut down on weight severely to reach that 300kph, even if only in bursts.  I'll go ahead and post what I do have in the spoiler tag below:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

1).  Gunsmith:  Light;  162 km/h (216 km/h with MASC);  Armed with a quartet of Martell-X Medium X-Pulse lasers, installed in pairs in each arm.
2).  Havoc:  Light;  129km/h;  Armed with paired Diverse Optics Extended-Range Medium Lasers in each arm along with a Hovertec Quad SRM 4 Launcher mounted in the center torso.
3).  Hellion:  Light;  119 km/h (151 km/h with MASC);  OmniMech;  The primary configuration consists of four ER Medium Lasers as well as a trio of Streak SRM-2s.
4).  Hitman:  Light;  118.8 km/h (151.2 km/h with MASC);  Armed with a Thunderstroke-L LRM-5 with Artemis IV fire control system for increased missile accuracy. When the Hitman closes to the effective range for its TAG it is able to use its three Argra 3L Medium Lasers to defend itself.
5).  Icestorm:  Light;  190 km/h;  its Series 2f ER Medium Laser and Pattern Alpha SRM-2 and Hellion Class Homing TAG.
6).  Koshi:  Light;  118 km/h;  Armed with a quartet of arm-mounted SRM-4 launchers, a head-mounted Active Probe, and a Light TAG.
7).  Koto:  Light;  130km/h;  Based off the Locus and Armed with a Large X-Pulse Laser, 2 Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers, and one Diverse Optics ER Small Laser

In the end, it's your character and your Mech.  All I can do is offer what I've found.  KaylaM would be much better in looking around due to her knowledge of the Battlemechs.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

RubySlippers

Locust LCT-6M

Built in 3071, the 6M variant used a massive 280 Hermes XL engine to propel it to an astounding speed of 226.8 km/h and was capable of bursts of speed reaching 302.4 km/h through a MASC system. The 6M used a Small Cockpit to save weight with the side effect of making the 'Mech harder to pilot and utilized Ferro-Fibrous armor to get the most of the light armor the 'Mech carried. It was armed with two Magna Mk VI ER medium lasers, which were backed up by a single Magna Mk IV ER small laser. The 6M was produced by Corean Enterprises on Stewart.

That is her mech, find anything faster that that I'll be impressed and its built on the classic and trusted Locust design. I just would like to drop the one ER Small Laser for maybe a bit more armor especially on the legs and cockpit front and back it loses a leg she dies, but you have to hit her, good luck.

TheGlyphstone

With 4 tons of armor on a 20-ton frame, she'll die if someone sneezes on her too hard. That speed is really important to dodge hits when your mech is made of wet tissue paper.

RubySlippers

She is a scout, there are benefits like she is small she can abuse terrain curves and dips and obstacles defensively, and run away fast, plus if its a choice of trying to hit her or that line of assault and support medium mechs moving up they have far bigger problems. Once she finds them and tells the main lances her job is done. Then its skirt around, look for enemy flanking moves and avoid real combat.

Anyway she likely has heavier light mechs to provide harassment if she needs to escape with support.

If it works with bat out of hell fast light tanks in World of Tanks the tactics should work here for fast light mechs.  :D

I just find the Small Laser kind of pointless a bit more armor on the legs would help. Lose a leg she dies.

King Serperior

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 12, 2014, 03:22:06 PM
With 4 tons of armor on a 20-ton frame, she'll die if someone sneezes on her too hard. That speed is really important to dodge hits when your mech is made of wet tissue paper.
True enough.  She may want to put some Stealth Armor as backup.
Quote from: RubySlippers on August 12, 2014, 03:13:53 PM
That is her mech, find anything faster that that I'll be impressed and its built on the classic and trusted Locust design. I just would like to drop the one ER Small Laser for maybe a bit more armor especially on the legs and cockpit front and back it loses a leg she dies, but you have to hit her, good luck.

Either that, or you could put a TAG system on the Locus.  That way, some of the more heavily armed Mechs could hit whatever target she deems necessary to 'paint.'  At the very least, your Locus needs something to defend itself with.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

TheGlyphstone

According to Skunkwerks, you're already capped out on armor for your chassis. Even if you weren't, dumping the laser for another 0.5 tons of armor would add an extra 1 point of armor to each leg.

If she takes a hit almost anywhere, not just to the leg, she'll explode in a ball of gore and shrapnel, so armor wouldn't be of much use. Speed is her armor. If any mods would be made, it could be to drop the ER Small and one ER Medium for an Anti-Missile System and a ton of ammo for the AMS, to guard her back against missile fire at long range (the only thing likely to be a serious threat to her). Or, as KS pointed out, lose one of the Mediums for a TAG.

RubySlippers

That is not odd weapons are actually kind of useless on her mech so will need to look into mods in game, if allowed.

Blobbe

I'm only allowing stock 'Mechs to begin with; mods once the game begins will be something to be discussed.

With that being said, I do love the LCT-6M. It's crazy fun.

RubySlippers

I'm fine with that, but the point was made she gets into a fight with anything over a dedicated close combat vehicle and she stayed out of its range, she is dead if hit with any serious weapon.

orderNchaos

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 12, 2014, 06:52:58 PM
I'm fine with that, but the point was made she gets into a fight with anything over a dedicated close combat vehicle and she stayed out of its range, she is dead if hit with any serious weapon.

Keep in mind that if you're a pilot worth your salt, and you've survived this long riding a Locust without dying, then you are likely fast enough and maneuverable enough to survive.  The trick is either not getting caught or not being seen.  Allia prefers not being seen! ;)

RubySlippers

Hell do I have modification set strip off all the weapons, add two Anti-Missile Systems and one ton ammo each on the outer extensions to keep the classic look [-2 Tons] and one Rocket Launcher 10 in the center for one volley of opportunity since that's amusing. I figure if Missile come at her she needs to unleash as big a wall of ammo that I can. And she will have her speed and training to scout largely by straight up observation. And she needs one offensive weapon just because its tradition. And all this should be cheap enough.

orderNchaos

As Kayla said, if its a standard mod that is designated in Sarna.net or one of the compendiums then you can use it.  She just doesn't want any crazy modifications right now.

TheGlyphstone

Keep your package in mind for later, once you've played a bit though. The Clantech part swaps I'm about to (hopefully) get IC are a modification I've been plotting since I started, but had to wait till the appropriate IC time.

RubySlippers

Quote from: orderNchaos on August 12, 2014, 08:08:39 PM
As Kayla said, if its a standard mod that is designated in Sarna.net or one of the compendiums then you can use it.  She just doesn't want any crazy modifications right now.

I meant for in the game my character needs to keep the mods easy to do and practical if they decide to waste Streak Missiles or a big barrage at her the best defense is speed and a wall of defense fire I'm sure no one will burn a high end energy weapon to hit her with far more dangerous targets.

Ollumhammersong

So I am intrigued. I take it this game hs not kicked off yet? Because it may sound silly but I am really anal about not joining games that have already started.

But assuming for now There is room for me to join I would personally love to play a Piranha pilot(or one of it's variants i'm thinking number three, but maybe the second). Because there is no firepower like overwhelming firepower. Either that or a Centurion onmimech model for the versatility. Not nearly as entertaining of a concept in my mind however. Or maybe a Commando, Gotta love the classics.

But I remember reading that there was a limited number of spaces for each weight class of Mech. So I am wondering if there is a space for a light model?
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Ollumhammersong on August 12, 2014, 08:24:18 PM
So I am intrigued. I take it this game hs not kicked off yet? Because it may sound silly but I am really anal about not joining games that have already started.

But assuming for now There is room for me to join I would personally love to play a Piranha pilot(or one of it's variants i'm thinking number three, but maybe the second). Because there is no firepower like overwhelming firepower. Either that or a Centurion onmimech model for the versatility. Not nearly as entertaining of a concept in my mind however. Or maybe a Commando, Gotta love the classics.

But I remember reading that there was a limited number of spaces for each weight class of Mech. So I am wondering if there is a space for a light model?

Sorry, it has already started. We had some drop-outs and are filling in empty space.

Ollumhammersong

Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

orderNchaos

RubySlippers

I'm doing this on a greyhound  bus using an iPhone on the way to GenCon, having my major Gamer Nerdgasm. But will finish my character ASAP.

Blobbe

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 12, 2014, 08:54:28 PM
I'm doing this on a greyhound  bus using an iPhone on the way to GenCon, having my major Gamer Nerdgasm. But will finish my character ASAP.

I am so jealous.  I've always wanted to go to GenCon

RubySlippers

Its a gift from my parents to me so I can go with my S.O. on a vacation its been years since I was on a vacation and I want to playtest my new game system running some games, in the open gaming areas.

Blobbe

Quote from: Ollumhammersong on August 12, 2014, 08:29:52 PM
Balls, Well sorry for wasting peoples time then.

It's not a waste; the game's underway, but we haven't closed recruitment as yet.

Light 'Mech pilots are in demand, and I do loves me some Piranha

RubySlippers

I decide to not play, feel free to open up the slot if needed.

Blobbe

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 13, 2014, 07:54:38 AM
I decide to not play, feel free to open up the slot if needed.

Understood. Thanks for the interest, and take care!

Blobbe

(Ignore this post)