[UN] Checking interest in an X-Men Group game

Started by crimsonoctopus, August 03, 2009, 10:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonoctopus

Italic font of this post isn't relavent! Go to the next part of this post!
So I notice that alot of the roleplays still going out there focus on either the Evo series or the Wolverine & the X-Men series. I want to start something that doesn't have a concrete schematic, where people can throw whatever creative twist they want on the story or their character(s).

So far, I was thinking that most of the action can take place in Xavier's School for the Gifted. There would be a dormitory and a school from the ground-up, and then the Danger Room and all sorts of other high-tech goodies on the basement level. We would need teachers, students, X-Men, and non-X-Men. We can throw in some baddies here and there, but I would like to see if we could build up to a storyline centered around battling Magneto or some other arch-enemy type eventually. For now, we could focus on what goes on in the X-Mansion. ;)

Originals and canons are both welcome. I suppose canons are encouraged a little more at this point.

EDIT: THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! People aren't reading between posts, so I'm just going to post everything you need to know up here with the first post.

STORY AND THREADS:
This group will be listed under NC-H. Some characters may be kidnapped or held captive.

There will be two opposing groups: the X-Men and the Hellfire Club. The Hellfire Club believe that the phoenix of Jean Grey is the key to ultimate carnal pleasure and power. Sebastien Shaw (Black King) and Emma Frost (White Queen) have dubbed Jean Grey as the Black Queen of their elite club. They seek to have her join their organization and will stop at nothing to have her. There will be two different threads: one for Xavier's Mansion/Institute and the other for The Lord's Cardinal for the Hellfire Club.

I'll play the role of Sebastien Shaw. Any important characters that are not taken can be used as NPCs. There will be a third and final thread for OOC, and if something significant like a major injury or death happens to an NPC, post it there. That way newcomers will know that Cyclops sacrificed himself to save your character and is no longer available.

CHOOSING YOUR CHARACTER:
The following characters are taken: Sebastien Shaw

Canon characters don't have to fill out a character sheet. Just say who you would like to be and it will work on a "first come - first serve" basis. Original characters are allowed, but you must fill out the character sheet below.

Birth Name:
Alias:
Affiliation: (Mention what your character's role is too)
Brief Description: (Appearance and personality. Use a picture if you want too.)

Some key canon characters that will likely have pivotal roles in this are:
-Jean Grey
-Emma Frost
-Cyclops
“A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

My O's & O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=43536.0

Treena

i wouldn't mind making a super hero student :) send me a pm when you get more peoples and details.

A/A     Ons/Offs     Cravings
Back and open to some rps.
Treena'sWiki

CaptainErotica

I'd be up for this as well. Canon or original works for me.

senshi32

PridedFalcon

This would be interesting in my opinion, and I would join as a new character ^^

crimsonoctopus

Alright then. I think I've thought up a decent storyline that we could start off of. There will be two opposing groups: the X-Men and the Hellfire Club. The Hellfire Club believe that the phoenix of Jean Grey is the key to ultimate carnal pleasure and power. Sebastien Shaw (Black King) and Emma Frost (White Queen) have dubbed Jean Grey as the Black Queen of their elite club. They seek to have her join their organization and will stop at nothing to have her. There will be two different threads: one for Xavier's Mansion/Institute and the other for The Lord's Cardinal for the Hellfire Club.

I'll play the role of Sebastien Shaw. Any important characters that are not taken can be used as NPCs. There will be a third and final thread for OOC, and if something significant like a major injury or death happens to an NPC, post it there. That way newcomers will know that Cyclops sacrificed himself to save your character and is no longer available.

Character Sheet.  ;D
Birth Name:
Alias:
Affiliation: (Mention what your character's role is too)
Brief Description: (Appearance and personality. Use a picture if you want too.)

Birth Name: Sebastien Shaw
Alias: The Black King
Mutant Ability: Metabolizes kinetic energy to become stronger
Affiliation: High-ranking member of the Hellfire Club's 'Lord's Cardinal'
Brief Description:

Sebastian Shaw's a ruthless and prestigious man with mutant abilities. He married into the elite and prestigious Hellfire Club which makes him a powerful individual, however is wife is now deceased. He has wealth and political power, and his allegiance to the high-society has given him alot of networks and connections. His life has made him a very proud and intellectual person.

Shaw has a very masculine facial structure. His brow is thick and his jaw is solid. He usually has his dark long hair tied back and he always dresses in illustrious old English style attire. His physique is large and almost hulking when compared to an average man.
“A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

Bayushi

I would be interested in giving this a shot.

Will we have NC content? *looks hopeful*

I'm still not sure if I'd rather play a custom character or the canon Elisabeth Braddock(Psylocke, post Crimson Dawn).

Yrhill

I am intrested but not in playing a cannon character.

crimsonoctopus

Yeah, there'll be NC content. I figure that there would have to be for a game like this. Characters may be kidnapped or held captive in some scenarios. As previously stated, original characters are fine as well.

Some key canon characters that will likely have pivotal roles in this are:
-Jean Grey
-Emma Frost
-Cyclops

Hellfire Club members other than Emma and Shaw are encouraged as well. I'm aware that everyone will likely want to be a member of the X-Men.  :P

Start posting your character sheets in here and once we have a few players ready, I'll make the threads.

Bayushi

Do we need to post CSheets for canon characters?

crimsonoctopus

No. I guess not. Just stake your claim on whoever. I just filled out the character sheet as an example.  ;)

Christian

I'd be interested in participating in this. So, should I just fill out a CS and submit it here?

crimsonoctopus

Character sheets will go here for now. Original characters must submit a character sheet. Canons do not.

Bayushi

Okay, then I'm claiming Elisabeth Braddock(Psylocke), post Crimson Dawn.

Yrhill

Birth Name: Deanna Green
Alias:
Mutant Ability: Bio control - can control a persons bodily functions (must touch person targeted) can cause a person heal faster (you will not grow back and arm but the cut will close in minutes instead of days), boost the Adrenalin (str, speed), can use her own hair as extra limbs (not as strong as real arms but have no pain receptors and more flexible), can intoxicate a person on the sugar stored in their own body, can cause paralysis by stopping the signals going up and down the spine. I think you get the pitcure. 

Affiliation: Staff of Xavier's School for the Gifted

Brief Description: Due to the nature of her powers they were not obvious to others. She has compleated the first four years of collage. When she came to the school it was to reach Hank McCoy, as she was intrested in his public works on human and mutant biological similarities. She had tracked him down to Xavier's School and had come to the school to see if she could work with him on his studies. She is not a doctor but was going to collage for the study of biological sciences. She has been working for a couple of months as a research assistant for Dr. McCoy. She is smart, but not genius, she is relentless in finding out information and knows how to use resources.

Physical description: She is about medium height and has an athletic build, she is curvy in the hips and chest. Her hair color is black with red highlights. Her hair is long and straight it falls just below her bottom. Her eye color is amber brown. She has an olive skin tone.   

Treena

Birth Name: Yewan Starr
Alias: Aqua
Mutant Ability: Flying and Water Manipulatuin
Affiliation: Student at Xavier acadamy
Brief Description: Yewan is very impressionable and will do anything to please someone if she thinks they like her and want to be her friend. But when she is Aqua she can be a spitfire it is almost as if she were two different people.

If we can I would also like to play Emma Frost. :-)

Treena'sWiki

Transgirlenstein

I'm considering this and stuck between Nightcrawler and Emma Frost..
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Treena

Quote from: Queentrippingserpent on August 07, 2009, 10:36:50 AM
I'm considering this and stuck between Nightcrawler and Emma Frost..
you might make a great emma frost hehe i wasn't sure if he would let us play two cause i wanted to play emma and my made up one that i have had since i was 10yrs old.

Treena'sWiki

Transgirlenstein

hehe why do you say I might make a great one? 

And I am leaning just a bit toward her at the moment.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Treena

lol i meant to say you would do better then me since i only read one book about thy she is the way she is and then i read some of the comics from civil war about a year or so back so you may have a better insight on her then i do atm. its been to long for me to remeber anything almost two years since i last read an x-man comic.

Treena'sWiki

crimsonoctopus

Hmm. I suppose people playing multiple characters is our best option right now. Queentrippingserpent can decide if she wants to play Emma or not, and if she chooses not to, then Emma is up for grabs. Treena, I figure you made your first pick, so it's only fair to let Queenie make hers.  :-)

Also, I believe that the Elliquiy rules state that no characters may engage in sexual activity unless they are 16 or over. Aqua will not be allowed to partake in any sexually-themed scenarios given her age. I'm very adamant on this one. However, I have no problem with having her in any other situations.

Everything else looks ready to go though! I'm going to make a new topic for recruiting in this thread, and then I will be locking this one. I'll get started on making the roleplaying and OOC threads as well.

As it stands now, we have Shaw, Psylocke, Deanna, and Aqua.
We still need Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Cyclops, and I suppose Xavier. Whoever isn't taken of these four will either be an NPC or I will take one or two of them as my secondary characters.