Character Preference Suggestions

Started by Vekseid, August 23, 2009, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Trying to get more direct commentary from people about the Ons and Offs system, so please place suggestions here if you have any, thank you : )

Neroon

I like the increased selection, though I'd note that, looking though the games wanted sections, I think that vampires, demons and angels should be included in the races section.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

My yeas and nays     Grovelling Apologies     Wiki
Often confused for some guy

Mithlomwen

*points up*  Agreed, and also Werewolves. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

HairyHeretic

I think thats what the Therianthropes is. Though a simpler name might be better there.

Parahuman might work. That could cover both mystical and scientifically based humanoids. Vampires, were's, genetically modified animal-human hybrids and so on.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oreo

I've noticed even RH neglects standard looks, like prefered height, hair color, figure.

To be added:
Aliens?
Shapeshifters?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Vekseid

Quote from: Oreo on August 23, 2009, 08:20:02 PM
I've noticed even RH neglects standard looks, like prefered height, hair color, figure.

To be added:
Aliens?
Shapeshifters?

RH includes some of those, it just gets buried.

Thanks all. Keep them coming : )

Haibane

Some form of describing robots, cyborgs or androids might be useful. Perhaps 'machine intelligences' could fall into that class or maybe that needs it's own?

I'd prefer to see 'vanilla' and 'fetishes' grouped under one heading such as 'sex-play preferences' or something like that, and of course you still have to insert a good few more in there ;)

I think the world map of fetishes might cover just about everything.

Unishifter

For fetishes, I'd suggest "Transformation". I'd also love to see "Breast Expansion", but that one's a bit more specific and I'm not really sure how common it is.

For characters, how about "Goo People"?

rick957

I just wanted to suggest that the terminology "Play or Do" is rather confusing and might benefit from slight elaboration or adjustment. 

When I think of "Do"-ing someone or something in the context of sexual roleplaying, I immediately think of "doing" as in "having sex with" ... the end result being that the features that I want for my characters get confused with the features I want in my partners' characters, i.e. the characters I plan to "do," i.e. the characters I plan to have sex with.  Does that make sense?  I'm not expressing it very well, but having that "Play or Do" in there just throws me. 

It looks to me like this is what's intended, if I'm reading the page properly:

For Sex and Gender, Dom/Sub, and Races/Species, the column headings could say

I like to play as a ...     I like my partner to play as a ...

Then the choices "Females," "Hermaphrodites," "Dominants," etc. could be changed to the singular "Female," "Hermaphrodite," etc. to make the sentence structure clear to any reader.

For Characteristics, the column headings could say

I like my character to have ...     I like my partner's character to have ...

For Vanilla and Fetishes, the column headings could say

I like to ...     I like my partner's character to ...

And then the choices would list the actions, such as "Spank" or "Give Anal Sex," etc.  Also, receiving actions could be specified separately -- "Be Spanked," "Receive Anal Sex," etc.

I'm not at all trying to suggest that my terminology or phrases are brilliant or definitive, all I'm saying is the current terms and phrases confuse me, and those are some ways they might be adjusted for better clarity.  Just suggestions, sorry for the length, thanks for reading. :-)

Haibane

Just a teeny weeny heads up - 'Hermaphrodite' is now more commonly known as 'Intersex'.

I know that's the term that's being pushed, but is it really more common?

Jecht

I dont think I saw it when I looking at it but what about adding horror as a genre?
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Chat Noir

For fetishes it would be nice to have Leather/PVC in there as well as corsets.
If you've been missing me please see my thread here.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones...
...but whips and chains excite me."

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:
Dirty Little Secret|Mystery Men - Unsung Superheroes

Vekseid

Quote from: Haibane on August 25, 2009, 08:52:15 PM
Just a teeny weeny heads up - 'Hermaphrodite' is now more commonly known as 'Intersex'.

Intersex is a medical definition for someone that does not have 'normal' sex characteristics - hermaphrodite is specifically having functional organs of both genders.

Still need to go in and make things clearer >_> Wonder if I should just ditch it and try a different method : /

Haibane

Quote from: Vekseid on August 26, 2009, 03:50:30 PM
Intersex is a medical definition for someone that does not have 'normal' sex characteristics - hermaphrodite is specifically having functional organs of both genders.
I've read that 'intersex' is the more recent medical definition for a person who may have *some* sexual characteristics derived from both genders. Or their biological gender is unclear. Hermaphrodite is the 'old' term for the same thing, but it was confusing because that term defines an organism that has the *full* sexual organs of both genders (I think this occurs in some snails or something) but in humans that is a biological impossibility, hence the more recent move away from the use of that word. It still gets used on the internet though, mainly through inertia.

While 'intersex' surfaced relatively recently in medical usage, it is the correct term, however, I'd have to agree that probably more people are familiar with 'hermaphrodite'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersexuality

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite

I'm just suggesting here, Veks, you're the one with the final say.

Trieste

Since we're dealing with fantasy, I don't see why there can't be an "Intersexed/Hermaphrodite" tickbox.

Amiable

I think more kinks should be added... incest, pregnancy, risk of pregnancy, bondage, costumes, rimming, tentacles? And there are some uncommon ones that make many people squeamish... but I'm sure there are people who like them... like fisting, beastiality, scat, gore, golden showers? I'm just acknowledging that they exist...

And maybe race should be taken into account?
My Ons and Offs

Kuroshitsuji Plot Ideas

Finals are happening. Posts will be scarce.

Machete

Catpeople are an example of Animalpeople.  Thus, unless you want to list Rabbitpeople, Harepeople, Mousepeople, Ratpeople, and Dogpeople, among others, I think you should remove Catpeople.

The same is true for Elves, who are an example of the fair folk, or Fey.  If you want to keep Elves as an option, you might want to include Faeries and Leprechauns as well, instead of Fey.

Nadir

I think there should be a slide-rule that indicates how much pain is allowed to be inflicted on the person's character, and how much pain they would like to inflict on another... as I've found it's difficult to judge how far is too far with most people. 

Chat Noir

I think Non-consensual should really be an option, because it's a deal-breaker/maker for a lot of roleplayers.
If you've been missing me please see my thread here.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones...
...but whips and chains excite me."

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:
Dirty Little Secret|Mystery Men - Unsung Superheroes

darkvamplips

I really like this. But what confused me is too many colors. You should have green for yes, yellow for maybe, red for now. Just three regular colors that's it.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29818

Bayushi

Quote from: firescorpion121 on August 27, 2009, 11:02:05 PMCatpeople are an example of Animalpeople.  Thus, unless you want to list Rabbitpeople, Harepeople, Mousepeople, Ratpeople, and Dogpeople, among others, I think you should remove Catpeople.

Catpeople(namely, cat girls) are the single most common 'furry' archetype that I've seen online. Even more prevalent than rabbit girls.

For instance, in the only MMO that I know of that will allow one to make a catgirl/guy, there's a plethora of catgirls on the RP-heavy servers, such as Virtue.

Quote from: firescorpion121 on August 27, 2009, 11:02:05 PMThe same is true for Elves, who are an example of the fair folk, or Fey.  If you want to keep Elves as an option, you might want to include Faeries and Leprechauns as well, instead of Fey.

Elves are related to the Fae, but they are not of themselves Fae.

Not to mention, Elliquiy exists because of an elf-based RP, namely Elven Maiden vs Human Barbarian.

Oh yes... most people don't think of "Fae" when they think of elves. Elves are also extremely popular for Erotic RP. *shrugs*

Quote from: Chat Noir on August 29, 2009, 01:48:00 AMI think Non-consensual should really be an option, because it's a deal-breaker/maker for a lot of roleplayers.

I have to agree. I was looking through the options and could not find it. It was... odd, to say the least.

Quote from: silverroses2009 on August 29, 2009, 01:49:37 AMI really like this. But what confused me is too many colors. You should have green for yes, yellow for maybe, red for now. Just three regular colors that's it.

Personally, I rather like the five-color system. I can denote, for instance, men as orange instead of red. It means I'm "okay" with them, but don't really care for them.

Anything that provides more detail is a bonus.

Only suggestions I have, Veks:
Provide more detail on the selections? Such as, most importantly, what each color is to signify. Not everyone will equate the green-yellow-red with go, slow, and stop.

Also, if possible, mouseover tooltips for the different 'kinks'? Not all of us know what each term implies.

Neroon

I would agree with Akiko here: when someone says elf to me, I tend to think Tolkein/D&D while when someone says fae, I think of something more folkloric. While we're thinking of elven types, it might well be worth adding drow to the list, given their popularity and the differences between them and regular elves.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

My yeas and nays     Grovelling Apologies     Wiki
Often confused for some guy

Nadir

Quote from: silverroses2009 on August 29, 2009, 01:49:37 AM
I really like this. But what confused me is too many colors. You should have green for yes, yellow for maybe, red for now. Just three regular colors that's it.

I like the five colours. Lets you show what you hate and love the most.

Saku

I'm not sure but I think Veks is still in the process of getting things set up so Non-Con will probably be up there eventually :) We only have to worry if he tells us that he's completed everything and Non-Con still isn't up :p
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests