[PF] Rise of the Runelords - Recruitment Closed

Started by Re Z L, April 24, 2013, 12:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

On my phone again so I'll make this quick :

Don't feel too rushed with the applications, you've got another 6 days to finish it :-)

Sin features prominently in the game so I expect there will be a decent amount of sex content... Most of this is up to the players though

Tieflings are fine with me
A&A

AndyZ

Anything in your game about monks or paladins not being allowed to have sex?  Not counting Vows of Chastity obviously
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Hmm, if there's going to be a bit of erotic content then I'll most likely create a character that's more sexual.

My previous concept had been a Gnome Alchemist, which I still might go with even though he'd be more of a "normal campaign" character.

Edit: Is content(feats and such) allowed from the Rise of the Rune Lords Player's Guide(though technically they're 3.5)?

Re Z L

Quote from: AndyZ on April 25, 2013, 02:31:40 PM
Anything in your game about monks or paladins not being allowed to have sex?  Not counting Vows of Chastity obviously

Barring Vow of Chastity no.  "Evil" sex is probably out of the question for paladins, though (ie. any kind of NC where they are the provocateur).

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 25, 2013, 04:23:32 PM
Edit: Is content(feats and such) allowed from the Rise of the Rune Lords Player's Guide(though technically they're 3.5)?

I'm not sure I follow, what are you referring to?
A&A

EroticFantasyAuthor

There's several feats in the Rise of the Rune Lords Player's Guide, wondering if those are allowed?

Also what is the target alignment? Guessing good, but would smart evil(no chaotic stupid murderhobos) allowed?

Re Z L

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 25, 2013, 06:17:37 PM
There's several feats in the Rise of the Rune Lords Player's Guide, wondering if those are allowed?

Also what is the target alignment? Guessing good, but would smart evil(no chaotic stupid murderhobos) allowed?

Good is the premiere alignment, yes.  I don't have anything against having an evil party member, however if you get in the group with the paladin then there may be more issues than anyone wants to deal with  ;-)

I...don't see any feats in the Player's Guide, what page are you talking about?
A&A

EroticFantasyAuthor

Like I said, smart evil  ;D

Page 13, Feats of Varisia

Re Z L

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 25, 2013, 06:57:26 PM
Like I said, smart evil  ;D

Page 13, Feats of Varisia

Ah!  We were reading different books.  (We're using the Anniversary Edition).

You can take them if you like, though I think there's probably better options out there.

Until the Paladin uses Detect Evil on you and sees your true colors!  Most won't even associate with evil people if they can avoid it, but I've seen it work before so I'd at least caution you to be flexible with the evil concept.
A&A

Kord

Ah man, if I hand not already DM'ed this campaign I would be completely up for this. Hope everything goes well :)
My roleplaying on's and off's: https://www.f-list.net/c/kordbluemoon

RockSalt

Putting in my tentative interest! Though I'll be busy the next week or so, so I might be a bit slow getting things in, but just to start!

Anon315

Quote from: Re Z L on April 25, 2013, 06:46:19 PM
I...don't see any feats in the Player's Guide, what page are you talking about?
13-14 in my copy. "Feats of Varisia"

I also took a campaign trait.

Ebb

Quote from: Anon315 on April 25, 2013, 07:33:41 PM
13-14 in my copy. "Feats of Varisia"

I also took a campaign trait.

They were present in the original player's guide from six years ago, but in the more modern re-issue they've been replaced by the various traits instead. In a way they were the prototype for the campaign-specific trait system that's used now.

I've heard "Big Game Hunter" (+1 attack +2 damage to all Large or larger creatures) described as overpowered before, but to my eye none of them in the old guide are really deal-breakers. Still, I like the newer traits better for their flavor.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Smart Evil wouldn't give the paladin a reason to use Detect Evil on him/her.  ;)

I'm mostly asking just to keep options open incase I think of something.

My current concepts are two so far.

1. Less sexual, fit easily into a "normal" Pathfinder campaign. A pyromaniac Gnome Alchemist with a good heart who wishes to use fire to help and protect.

2. More sexual - Probably a bard who enjoys adventure and the pleasures life has to offer. Likely chaotic neutral.

Anon315

Quote from: Re Z L on April 25, 2013, 01:29:07 PM
Sin features prominently in the game so I expect there will be a decent amount of sex content... Most of this is up to the players though

Tieflings are fine with me

I would note that my character's alignment does not restrict him from sex, though it would tend to limit the types as previously outlined. Seems to me that often people who are fairly religious are the kinkiest.

AndyZ

I'm good with changing from the paladin if need be, but really, a decently intelligent Smart Evil should be able to keep her fooled even if it does come up.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RockSalt

What are your thoughts about using non-standard races that require race points? I'm currently leaning towards a fetchling, though at 17 RP that's nearing a bit high for 1st level (average RP of 20 is when the race guide starts suggesting level adjustment at 1st level on the SRD) If you don't want to allow it, that's fine! I'll pick something else :3

Erich Norden

Tentatively interested; I already have a character in mind.  Are you going to hew closely to the AP as written, or will there be potential for original branches or side-plots?  I'm also interested to know (also from the other applicants) to what extent adult themes would be in play.  Personally I'd like some raunchy elements, as long as they don't get silly or crowd out the actual story.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Tydorei

EroticFantasyAuthor

3.5 Flaws are easy enough to use with Pathfinder.

Re Z L

Quote from: RockSalt on April 25, 2013, 09:55:55 PM
What are your thoughts about using non-standard races that require race points? I'm currently leaning towards a fetchling, though at 17 RP that's nearing a bit high for 1st level (average RP of 20 is when the race guide starts suggesting level adjustment at 1st level on the SRD) If you don't want to allow it, that's fine! I'll pick something else :3

With some minor changes I'd allow Fetchlings--remove low-light vision and the spell-like abilities shadow walk and plane shift.

Quote from: Erich Norden on April 25, 2013, 11:28:14 PM
Tentatively interested; I already have a character in mind.  Are you going to hew closely to the AP as written, or will there be potential for original branches or side-plots?  I'm also interested to know (also from the other applicants) to what extent adult themes would be in play.  Personally I'd like some raunchy elements, as long as they don't get silly or crowd out the actual story.

The AP will be followed relatively closely with a few modifications here and there to tailor it a bit better for the group.  There will be some action on the side as well.  Adult themes will depend largely on the players, but I'll accommodate just about anything that comes up  ;D  As I said earlier, the 7 Sins/Virtues feature heavily in the campaign so naturally Lust will come up quite often.

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 26, 2013, 01:55:39 AM
Are character flaws allowed?

Nope
A&A

RockSalt

Quote from: Re Z L on April 26, 2013, 06:21:59 AM
With some minor changes I'd allow Fetchlings--remove low-light vision and the spell-like abilities shadow walk and plane shift.

Sweet! I wanted them mostly for the fluff, I think they're interesting @u@ I wasn't going to get those spell like abilities until levels 9 and 13 anyways XD

And if it's okay with you, I'm planning on making my character more native to the mateiral plane than the shadow, so I'm planning to take the World Walker alternate race trait (which takes away my bonus to knowledge: planes, and replaces it with knowledge: nature and Knowledge: local )

Re Z L

Quote from: RockSalt on April 26, 2013, 07:51:21 AM
Sweet! I wanted them mostly for the fluff, I think they're interesting @u@ I wasn't going to get those spell like abilities until levels 9 and 13 anyways XD

And if it's okay with you, I'm planning on making my character more native to the mateiral plane than the shadow, so I'm planning to take the World Walker alternate race trait (which takes away my bonus to knowledge: planes, and replaces it with knowledge: nature and Knowledge: local )

They do have  neat flair to them :-)

Being more native to the material plane is definitely better for the campaign I think ;D
A&A

Muse

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 25, 2013, 06:17:37 PM

Ick, why would we want a treacherous bastard in our midst? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RockSalt

Quote from: Muse on April 26, 2013, 12:28:53 PM
Ick, why would we want a treacherous bastard in our midst?
*PULLS OUT SKULL* FOR THE DRAMA MY GOOD MAN!