Inn of the Fragmented Crossroads

Started by Mayakterra, March 10, 2011, 11:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayakterra

Basically its an Inn in some strange dimension.

Any character you want from any place, time, or setting you want finds themselves stranded here. Free form RP with anybody else who may have wandered to this inn.

Basically its an exercise in creativity, its a blank slate to tell the story of your character through interactions with others. Like a general chat with no character limits :P

Fire away.

sazzie

Sazzie walks into the almost empty inn and smirks at the owner's business progress. "So this is daddy's little idea of being safe," she thinks to herself. Sazzie shrugs and sits down on a near by sofa and awaits to be accompanied by someone. "Well, he didn't say I had to stay on the down low here," she whispers to herself and slouches on the couch staring at people with boredom.

xerxes

I lift my head over and look to other side of bar for a fresh arrival. "Where did she come from", i think at myself. I wave to the bartender and order another drink, while looking toward a newbie.

sazzie

Sazzie looks toward the man standing by the bar, then quickly looks away. "Hopefully he's not too much of a creep," she mumbles to herself. She then slouches further into the couch.

xerxes

I smile a bit as I see her insecurity. I stand up and start walking towards sazzie.

sazzie

"Alright this whole keep it on the down low has gone a bit too far." Sazzie thinks to herself as she quickly grabs a magazine to hide behind as the man approaches her.

xerxes

As i walk to the sofa, i grab a magazine and gently move it away from your face. "It is little dangerous for a girl to be out here on her own. May I join you?"

-----You describe me as you see me from the sofa----

sazzie

Sazzie blushes, then sighs in relief when she notices that its just a soft faced looking man with bright green eyes and mahogney brown hair.

"I suppose you can," she says to the man and scoots over for him.

xerxes

"My name is Job. I am a chief of a local military that controls the crossroads. What brought you to this place..." wainting for you to tell me your name.

sazzie

Holds her hand out to Job,
"Job...Interesting," smiles slightly as she shakes his hand
"You can call me Sazzie, or Sazz for short, and as for why i'm here, you don't need to worry about that,"
Crosses her legs and leans away.

xerxes

"Sazzie you say. Oh yes. The patrol checked you out yesterday. You are here with your father am I correct?"

sazzie

Sazzie looks Job straight in the eyes, but all she sees is was an innocent question.
"I was with him, he uh...Left me here actually," she looks down at her hands.
"Do you need something from him?"

xerxes

"No. I have something for him." Looks around "This place is not safe for such a conversation. Mostly this people are traders...of sort." I stand up. "Will you please walk with me?"

sazzie

Sazzie begins to wonder if she's here just to be her Dad's messenger, like usual. She sighs and stares at him in the eyes again.
"Well, I don't have anything else better to do, so I suppose I can," she crosses her arms and stands up next to Job, who is nearly a head taller then she is.

xerxes

"We shall be on our way then"

We walk outside the inn and sit into a small steam-punk military glider. We take off.

"Your father and i have been friends since i was ten. I was running errands for him here, round the crossroads. He never told me he has a daughter. You are not much younger than me. Do you perhaps know where he is?"

sazzie

I grab the pink crystal necklace dangling around my neck and rub it gently with my fingers.

"I don't know where he is exactly, but he shouldn't be too far away,"
I look down at the crystal and frown at him.

OOC: I'm going to start saying "I" instead of "Sazzie" I forgot what person that is in. 3rd?

xerxes

"Is this a communication crystal Sazz? If so it won't work at the crossroads. The magnetic field is too strong."

OOC:ok, yes it is 3rd.

sazzie

"Well then yes, it was a communication crystal," Laughs at myself at the stupidity of bringing it with.
"So it's true then...Magic doesn't work across the boundry of the fragmented crossroads...Lovely."
I lean back and close my eyes.

xerxes

"Worry not. Your dad will come to the barracks."

I say to myself "I hope".

sazzie

"Well, is that where we are heading, he told me to stay put though, so hopefully he'd come back?"
I then sigh, remembering something else he added.
"But then he did say his next re-location is over 1,000 miles away..."
I look swiftly up at Job then pull out my switchblade on my belt and hold it up to Job's neck.
"Actually, who the fuck are you? What's my Dads real name?"

xerxes

I smile. "Slidron Jacob Feather III" i say totaly relaxed. He is a trader. "he owns a private company SJF 3K. Am I correct?"

sazzie

I get closer to Job's face and ask, "Alright Mr. Job, you may know his name, or what he does...But how is it such a convenience that we ended up in the same run down inn this afternoon?" Pokes the knife in his neck a little harder.

xerxes

"It's corporal Job. I don't like people calling me Mister. No convenience. I'm in the bar every day. It's a good place to get latest intel. Cheap. Your dad knows that."

I try to gently push your hand away.

sazzie

My facial expression lightens up a little and I lean away, taking the knife off Job's neck.
"Good answer. I'm sorry though. I had a different description of a boy named Job that my father used to always talk about," I frown,
"He says you have a noticeable scar somewhere on your body, and I see none."

xerxes

"heh" i smile. "the advances of medicine. I had it removed a while ago. Sli told ou bout me?"

We approach a heavy guarded military base. "This are our HQ. and there is your father's glider in the corner." I point to the NE part of the base.

sazzie

"Unfortunately he did, as if you were his son," I think of all those lovely dinners me and my father had, and all the times Job's honorable mentions were talked about instead of my own.

"Good, now you can deliver what ever you were talking about to him yourself then," gets up and looks annoyed at him.

xerxes

"Sorry bout that sazz."

I land a glider near your father. We step out.  A military officer approaches us and salutes me.

"Corporal, mr. Sli's glider was recovered about an hour ago in the Haluya wasteland. It is intacked but mr. Sli... Well he is missing."

sazzie

I look at Job from the corner of my eye and try to stand taller then he.
"Can you get any traces from his crystal?" I ask with a strong voice.

xerxes

Job "No. The cristals are useless. Sazz come with me, there is something we need to check out."

I sit into the glider.

sazzie

"Even at your HQ they're useless, wow some HQ then," I say sarcastically as i follow him into the glider.

xerxes

"Don't worry" i say and smile "We have our own 'crystals'" the glider takes off.

"We are going to visit one of my informants, i bet we will have some intel"

sazzie

"Oh I never worry, even when my father's glider turns up without him in it," I say sarcastically.
I then look at Job who is sitting there calmer then ever, and realize that perhaps he is just a little cute. I blush, then look out the window.

xerxes

Job never realized a blush. "I hope everthing will work out. So ... tell me about yourself."

sazzie

I give him a blank look, "There's nothing about me except the body you see sitting across from you," I then look down at the floor.

xerxes

"You have no soul? No life experience? If you are Sli's doughter i don't buy that2

sazzie

I look at him dead in the eye, my mouth twitches. "Fine,"

"At age five I watched as the men that my father used to work with burned my house down, with my mother in it. Thinking that I didn't notice, my father made us re-locate elsewhere, saying that it was just the stove catching fire. The next place, it didn't get much better, men always tried to break down the house, scavenging for something I didn't know about lay hidden in a treasurey."

"I then was placed with my aunt at age 8, from there on out I was trained hard core as if I was an adult, not a child. I missed school, missed family dinners, wasn't read bed time stories...No, instead I was trained to be a killer,"

I clear my throat again, look out the window. "I beleive that's where my father headed, my old house was over 1,000 miles away, men probably tried to stop him on his way."

xerxes

"There seems I don't know several specifics about your father's past. He said he never was married, and that he has no family. Strange." I look at Sazzie. "Do you know what those men ware looking for?"

sazzie

"Surprises me, seeing that you were his right hand man practically," I clear my throat, "Unfortunately I don't know what they're looking for...But I do have an idea," I reach into my knee-high boots and grab out a piece of a map fragment. "My father gave this to me as a 'toy' and told me to pretend where the other half was, but obvisouly I was his safe-keeper for it,"

I put it on the table in front of us, "My guess is the other half was in the house...But what it leads to...I have no clue,"

xerxes

I look at the map and shrug. "No idea what it could be. Keep it safe for now. We have to find your father first." I sppe upd the glider and sharply turn right. After around 100 meters I stop. "This is where my informer lives. Ofiicialy you are my Lt. Eva Morgon. This guy is kinda wierd, so let me do the talking."

sazzie

I slip the map back into my boot, "Great another undercover name, ok," I say and slap him on the shoulder, "After you then Corporal," I smile warmly.

xerxes

We step out of the glider and approach the gray brick build building. The oak wood doors and unlocked and we enter it. Only a pale light is lightning the hallway.  we walk to the first floor  and knock on the only iron door in the level.

"Who are you" asks the old shaking voice from behind the door.

"Fuse," I reply "It is me, Job."

"And the girl?"

"One of my officers. Lt. Eva Morgon. She is trustworthy." I say with firm voice.

"I see." A brief silence seems like eternity. What valuables do you have to trade?

"Your freedom and immunity if you can give us the intel we need."

"Bah" says the voice behind the door "I never manage to get anything from you corporal"

The door squiks and opens slowly. I look at you "Lt. please lead the way" i point through the door with my head.

sazzie

I nod and walk down the dimly lit hallways.

"This way," The old man grumbles and pushes past me.
We follow this hallway and he leads us to another room which in contrast; was brightly lit with bright blue walls. My eyes beam in surpise, the quick transportation between dark and light surprises me.

xerxes

"Welcome to the chamber Lt. darling"he say, smiles out loudly and sit on a chair.

"Cut it out Fuse" I say with deadly serious voice. " I need intel."

"Yes, yes of course" The old man looks away. "What will it be today?" he askes in almost gently matter. "Drugs, Weapons, Money forgery, Illegal trading..."

"How about missing person" I interrupt him.

He looks up to me "You know that is not my area of expertises."

"So I should arrest you right away" I take a step toward him.

"Well" he says silently. "I've heard that a rich trader was... Let's say taken ... by The Gran klan yesterday. More, sadly, i do not know."

"Good. We will be on our way then." I trow him a silver coin, turn around and we leave the building.

sazzie

I gape at the man as we leave, Job pushing me back toward the glider. I then lightly grab his arm "Hold it buster, who's the gran klan?" I ask. 

xerxes

"Bandits, from Zora plains." I reply pushing you to the glider. "Walk now or I will carry you. I will explain more on the way. Something is going on and your father, the toy and probably even you are the key elements."

sazzie

I stand there gaping at him to see if he actually would dare to even so much as touch me, or lift me off my feet to carry me.
"Bandits, gotta love em," I say.

Mayakterra

Lol My bad guys, I meant for this to be the OOC part of the Inn...

The intro to the thread itself is in the other forum, the RP forum not the requests >.>

Sorry :P

xerxes

Sorry for the location altering. It just happened. If sazzie doesn't mind, I would still like to continue this story.

"Mostly, they are harmless, just doing some illegal trading. But lately their activities are increasing." I say silently. "This is not a good place to talk about it. Let's go." I grab your hand and pull you into a glider.

sazzie

OOC: I`d love to  :-*

For some strange reason I do not retort and instead, allow Job to take me back into his glider. I grab a glass of water from the jug and sit across from him in a seat. "So, bandits activities increasing." I pull the map back out of my boot and place it on the table, "As if they're in search of something?" I raise my eyebrow and look into the corporal's eyes.

xerxes

"It seems so," I reply a little unsure. "I believe, they know why this map is for, and they will do anythings to get it." I start the glider and we are on our way.

"Lately" I start explaining and take a quick look at you "the bandit clans that ware at war are uniting, and attacking traders and travelers. There is a shortage of goods in the crossroad lands as the bandits plunder more and more for themselves."

I stop the glider in a lonely hill. "Here we are safe for a while. I have to think out what to do."

sazzie

"Well, do you know who the leader is then?" I then look at him, "Has anyone set out to meet the leader yet to see what his intentions yet...or is the military just sitting back and watching it happen?"

xerxes

I look away and remain silent a bit. "Army does not have the resources. The crossroad ware never important military point, it was only a trading point. There is nothing we can do."

sazzie

A thought pops in my head, but Job would probably think i'm crazy for even considering it. "Do you think we could talk to the leader?" I ask anyway. "Or what's your plan? Because right now I'm not sure if there's much we can do about my father missing at the moment without input from the bandits,"

xerxes

I look at you, wondering if you are still sane. "The bandits will recognize me ammidiatelly!" I look away "But," i continue in a more optimistic tone "If you are good at masking people, it could work out."

sazzie

"I have two ideas, either we can pretend to be bandits together...Or you can go in as a bandit alone and get information," I then get up from the chair with enthusiastic excitement.

xerxes

"We should go in together, but you will have to mask me and we have to put on some other bandit-looking clothes. If you don't mind we should go to my place and get ready." I don't start the glider. I look at you waiting for approval.

sazzie

I bite my lip and look at him up and down. Whatever, might as well "Yeah...sure let's go, I know just how I will dress you," I smirk.

xerxes

I start the glider and we are on our way. In about 10 minutes we arrive to a small house. "This is it." I say and look at you. We walk in and stop in the living room. The house is old but well maintained. Living room has ocean blue walls and dark oak wooden floor, in it being only a sofa and a small cofe-desk. From it 3 doors are leaving to kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.

"Fell your self at home, you get check through my wardrobe if you will find anything usefull in meanwhile I'll get some make up from the bathroom so you can start being creative." I smile and walk through the bathroom door.

sazzie

A corporal has makeup? Interesting I think. "I like your place, I'm sure i'll find everything just fine," I say. And sweep off to his bedroom. In it I find a large bed, with a nice oak wardrobe in the back. I open it and find out that his wardrobe, actually leads to a downstairs closet. Wish I had one of these I begin to notice that there's a section for each disguise; old man, tree, lady, famous people, and etc. I start looking through the pirate one first and find black,worn out boots and a satchel of fake money.

xerxes

I go to my bathroom. It is simple with a bathtub, toiler and a small closet next to the sink. I wash my face and hands. Then I open the closet and take a look at mine halloween make-up collection. I better take everything, I think to myself, empty the closet and head back to the living room. "I hope she didn't get lost" I think to myself when i get back to the living room and you are not yet back.

sazzie

I find eventually find an outfit for me and put it on while i'm down there; torn up jeans, worn out boots, a sash and a plain worn out t-shirt. I then walk upstairs and throw the clothes I found for Job at him. 

xerxes

I look at the clothes she brings me. Black boots, transporter style black paints, a t-shirt and a leather jacket. "This should do." I say to you. "Ready to mask my face? The sky is the limit." I smile to you.

sazzie

"Yeah sure," I say and pick up a muddy brown concealer and start patting it on our face,neck and hands to give us a dirty-muddy look. Then I take a black pencil and pencil in a black tooth on Job, "Cute," I say and giggle at his appearance.

xerxes

I stand up and look myself in the mirror. "This should do." I say and go to the kitchen. A make two sandwiches and give one to her. "Eat, we don't know when we will be able to eat again." and I make a bite.

sazzie

I take a bit into the sandwhich he gave me and find out it actually doesn't taste half bad. "Shouldn't we pack then just incase?"

xerxes

"No it would be suspicious." I reply. "We will take my glider and some water. Are you ready to go?" I ask you and start heading toward the door.

sazzie

I look around his living room one last time and nod, "I think so, but we need to park the glider somewhere unconspicious then," I say.

xerxes

I stop. "You are right. I haven't though they could recognize it. Do you have any other ideas how we could get there?"

sazzie

"Well looks like we'd have to do it the old fashion way; horses or walk?" I ask him.

xerxes

"I don't own a horse, so walking should do. It about an 2 hours walk to the hideout. I hope you can hadle it." I reply

sazzie

I smirk and shake my head, "You hope that I can handle it? Hah," I then begin to walk out the door into the bright sunlight.

xerxes

I follow Sazz and close the door behind me. She starts a harsh tempo trying to prove that 'she can handle it'. I am walking behind her, admiring her will and courage.

We are walking for about 20 minutes and never she has turned back, to check if i'm following her. "It seems you are so confident, that you actually don't need me besides you." I say to her and smile out loud.

sazzie

I slow my pace down slowly and allow him to catch up, "Of course I need you, gotta have some form of entertainment with me," I then chuckle at this comment.

xerxes

"Entertainment? I though your soul-less body requires no entertainment." i say and wiggle my eyebrows.

sazzie

I don't respond to this comment and begin to speed up again leaving Job a good five or ten paces away.

xerxes

Jon smiles laudly on Sazz's reaction, and runs to her. "I didn't know you ware so sensitive either my dear."

sazzie

I stop and turn to look at him, "Are you trying to get to this place or not?" I ask irritably.

xerxes

"I do, but we could use these 2 hours to get to know each other too." I reply

sazzie

I shrug, "If you insist," Then I can't stop but stare at this black penciled tooth and laugh at it.

xerxes

"Would you mind telling me what is so funny on me Sazz?" I say seriously and look at you.

sazzie

"Oh nothing," I say, then pat him on the shoulder and jump off the rock I was standing on.

xerxes

"I wish I could be amuzed like that for nothing." i say back to you and smile. "So..." i start talking, trying to break the ice "let me tell you something about me, if you are not willing to talk about you." I start walking on. "My parents died in house fire when I was 8, so I had to be on my own. I was running errads for the traders, so that's how I meet your dad. He was a regular customer and the wage was good. Eventually at the age of 16 i joined the army. I was too young but i managed to get some false ID. Though I was a soldier, I was still doing some other jobs and at the time it was helpfull for my military carrer."

I stop talking and look at you wanting to see if you listening to me.

sazzie

"So techincally your an illegal military member...interesting," I smirk then add, "But sorry to hear for your loss,"