Pathfinder Skulls and shackles (closed for apps see new thread for second table)

Started by Tamhansen, March 11, 2016, 07:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skynet

Actually, I think I dived in too eagerly before looking everything over.

If this is daily, we can keep our posts short, right? I usually do longer posts on E out of habit and due to the style of my current games, and to avoid burnout/writer's block doing short posts like a paragraph or two at most may be doable for me.

freeko

Here I figured you to manage an essay about 4 pages long daily.

Sometimes there just isnt much to do aside from fight things, so its not like I would have any expectation of a whole chapter of a novel from you (or anyone else for that matter) to describe how they attack the thing they are attacking.

Just my thoughts on the matter, for what little it is worth.

Chulanowa

I've just gotta decide on race now. So close... so verra verra close. *cranks up the Alestorm*

Blinkin

As our illustrious GM said some time back, we would probably need a devine caster at some point and besmara could be interesting in that regard.

As Chewy has settled on a rogue, I'll have to adjust Harlo a bit and that'll let me focus a little more on swashbuckler type skills.

My main combat tactic involves movement about the battlefield... strike and move on to try to get flanking positions on enemies... So, a movement based, dex based light fighter with some social skills.

I can usually do a post a day, depending on what everyone else has done. More likely a post ever other day, but we'll see how it all works olut
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Tamhansen

yeah short posts is okay. Considering the style of the game writing essay posts would sometimes get confusing and lose the pace. Try to avoid one sentence replies though, unless it's fitting.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Blinkin on March 12, 2016, 02:57:30 PM
As our illustrious GM said some time back, we would probably need a devine caster at some point and besmara could be interesting in that regard.

As Chewy has settled on a rogue, I'll have to adjust Harlo a bit and that'll let me focus a little more on swashbuckler type skills.

My main combat tactic involves movement about the battlefield... strike and move on to try to get flanking positions on enemies... So, a movement based, dex based light fighter with some social skills.

I can usually do a post a day, depending on what everyone else has done. More likely a post ever other day, but we'll see how it all works olut

So. Flank-buddies?  ;D Sneak attacks on one side, ripostes on the other. Our enemies are gonna hurt, man.

Blinkin

They won't know what hit them!

At 3rd level, he gets precision damage... between sneak attacks, riposte and precision... going to be a nasty pair! ;)

The poor bastard turns his back on the rogue, he's screwed, turns his back on the swashbuckler, he's screwed and Harlo will take the attack so our dear rogue can put something in his kidneys... love Parry and Riposte!

Made a couple of minor changes to Harlo... got rid of the thiefy things and added a skill... got a whip and ready to go, I think.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

RubySlippers

Arrrr Matey says I, be playin' a Half-orc Monk with the Martial Artist archetype I be with many variant Half-orc traits tying her and her blood as salty as it is strong to the sea and oceans be of her fathers and mothers kin and me be no one to be messin' with unless you can prove you be worthy. Arrrr.  :D

Blinkin unless they be barbarian stock or such with class abilities to be making the flanking pigeonholin' teamwork not be a good choice or they be havin' their backs watched by shipmates. Or they have no backs but a slime or ooz boards the ship webeon we be havin' bigger troublesince we can' be burning them things and they eat wood. Arrr.

Okay enough pirate talk for now.  ;D

Tamhansen

Okay, I think we'll have a full table.

@Skynet I'd prefer the Cleric. Not too fussed about which god, though as said, Besmara does give some perks. I just like the idea of the whip.

I'll set up a game thread in Non con tomorrow, unless anyone objects.

I think we have a pretty good team here, hope we can really go for it.

Oh also, please don't buy mounts with your starting cash unless you're wanting the captain to eat steak during the trip. (I actually had a few players buy them on this AP)
ons and offs

Tamhansen

ons and offs

Skynet

Alrighty then, I have my character to go up on Myth-Weavers now. Tell me what you think! Still need to choose traits... Chosen!

Also, transferring relevant details here:

Izora

HP 10
AC 11 (-1 dex, +2 armor) ff 11 touch 9

STR   14
DEX   8
CON   14
INT   12
WIS   16
CHA   14

Initiative -1
Speed 30 feet

Fort/Ref/Will +4/-1/+5

Attacks

Scorpion Whip +2 (1d4+2, x2)
Rapier +2 (1d6+2, 18-20/x2)
Dart +2 (1d4+2, x2)

Feats Combat Casting, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Whip), Martial Weapon Proficiency (Rapier, Bonus)

Class Features: Aura, Channel Energy (Positive), Domains (War-Tactics, Water-Oceans), Orisons, Spells, Spontaneous Casting

Skills Diplomacy +6, Heal +7, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Sense Motive +7, Swim +7

Equipment Blue Book, Chocolate, Compass, Collapsible Bathtub, Everburning Torch, Fishing Net, Rosewood Armor, Silk Rope (50 feet), Soap

Spells 0: Create Water, Enhanced Diplomacy, Purify Food & Drink; 1st: Bless, Obscuring Mist, Open Spell Slot (takes 1 hour to fill)

Traits Birthmark (Faith), Touched by the Sea (Campaign)

Favored Class +1 Skill Point

Grizzly

We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

freeko

Katja Petric

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
F LE Human Paladin (Divine Hunter), Level 1, Init 3, HP 10/10, Speed 
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, CMD 16, Fort 2, Ref 3, Will 1, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Composite Longbow +1 ("Misery") (Arrows) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
Free clothing Hot Weather Outfit (+0 Armor)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
Condition None
Special: Smite Good 1/1

Still a few things left to do I think, but I might just stick with the joke "armor" because the lels.

Tamhansen

@ Grizzly: yes this group is filled up. But once this game is underway, say a week or so, i'm going to try to recruit a second table.
ons and offs

RubySlippers

Are all the feats open if they are on the OGL online resources especially from the Advanced Players Guide and campaign setting sources?

Tamhansen

ons and offs

Tamhansen

Skynet: checked your character. Looked great. Exotic prof whip is technically not legal until BAB 1, but the rule of cool will trump that.
On to the next character.
ons and offs

Tamhansen

Blinkin: was the trait you were going after heirloom weapon, or ancestral weapon. From your description it seems you meant heirloom weapon this. But you wrote ancestral, which doesn't give proficiency that

Not that heirloom weapon covers exotic weapons, but as with skynet, rule of cool.

Sharkskin gloves are third party, so I'm going to say no to that.

Other than that, looks good
ons and offs

Grizzly

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 13, 2016, 06:36:27 AM
@ Grizzly: yes this group is filled up. But once this game is underway, say a week or so, i'm going to try to recruit a second table.

Cool.  I'll keep an eye out for an opening.  Have fun.  :)
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Blinkin

Yeah, I used the wrong one. But I thought that Heirloom Weapon didn't specify non-exotic weapons...

The sharkskin hurts! I love those things... Maybe you'll take a bribe? I mean a donation! Yeah, a donation! I have this lovely, authentic, first issue Torg blue and red Possibility Stone D20 that I'll part with... lol

I may drop the heirloom weapon and look for something else, but the whip is such a versatile item... but it won't help me when I try to find a prehensile whip though... *sighs* Maybe I'll go for bard at 2nd level...
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Tamhansen

As i said, you can use whip even though it's technically not correct. I love you to have it.

Heirloom weapon as written specifies simple or martial weapon, but that I don't really care about.

Yeah I specifically always say no 3rd party, because they either tend to be too powerful compared to paizo stuff, or fill niches not meant to be filled. And getting 2 +2 skill checks on an item costing 5 gold is a bit overpowered.

ons and offs

Blinkin

Ok, the gloves are gone. I'll wait and try to pick up a second class at 2nd or 3rd level that'll allow the whip... I really need the acrobatics advantage, so I picked up Crowd Dodger (Why do you really think he went to see? He hated crowds! lol(

Crowd Dodger gives a +2 to acrobatics to avoid AOO's moving into and out of threatened squares, which was what I was going to use it for anyway. The speed is not great, but hoping to adjust that at some point with magic... Would be nice if someone picked up haste at some point. ;)

Anyway, I'll make the changes in the post.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

mellowdude

Btw, Blinkin, if you could make Harlo an Elf, you could get 40 ft speed. Haste is a definite pick once it becomes available.

Anyway, sheet so far: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=747379

Man, I always forget how exhausting chargen is in d20 systems, but I like the granularity nonetheless.

Blinkin

I didn't know elves had that high of a movement... just 30 feet.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.