Modern Fantasy Idea - Plot Heavy [M/F]

Started by Hemingway, June 10, 2012, 05:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

Hello!

Just as the title suggests, I'm looking for a game with a modern fantasy setting. I'm not overly familiar with Shadowrun, but I believe it's quite similar to what I have in mind. The setting itself can be either an alternate version of our world, or a unique fantasy world with technology similar to what we have today - or in the near future. The essential part, of course, is that there's magic and magical creatures ( monsters, generally - I don't really want to involve elves and dwarves and other sentient fantasy creatures ) as well. Instead of swords and bows and arrows and magic spells, there'll be submachine guns, 9mms ... and magic spells!

The story I have in mind concerns a global corporation and their scientific research of magic, but may go in different directions depending on the characters involved. My character would be the chief security officer of this corporation ( possibly inspired by the CSO of a corporation in a different work of fiction ), a man with some magical talent, who in one way or another finds himself in the middle of the conflict.

For the female character, I have some ideas, but these are just my preferences and are not set in stone.

My first choice is a character inspired by Charlize Theron's character in the recent movie Prometheus. On the surface, she would be a cold, hard corporate employee ( whose exact title can be anything except that of the actual CEO ). Obviously, there would be more to this character than the unfeeling exterior, but I will leave the details to the person who will actually be playing the character.

My second choice would be that of a scientist involved in the actual research of magic. With this character there would be a bit more flexibility. All I ask is that she not be played as a weak, whimpering geek.

Beyond this, most of the details are open for input and discussion. I have been toying with this idea for quite some time, however, and have quite a few ideas of my own. If this sounds at all interesting, do let me know, preferably in a PM.