October Theme

Started by Eikichi, June 07, 2016, 05:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eikichi

I just had a question.

Is there a specific reason the October theme has a much smaller area in which the site fits into? I switched from October to the other themes today to make sure my threads translated over well and noticed that all the other themes had a much bigger window.
PMs are open for all role play inquiries.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Eikichi on June 07, 2016, 05:15:03 AM
I just had a question.

Is there a specific reason the October theme has a much smaller area in which the site fits into? I switched from October to the other themes today to make sure my threads translated over well and noticed that all the other themes had a much bigger window.

Jimmy Cricket! You are right!

But in all seriousness, I would imagine it has something to do with the scripting to it, probably when it was made the proportions may of not been aligned in coding similarly with the set up from the other given themes.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Eikichi

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 07, 2016, 05:39:45 AM
Jimmy Cricket! You are right!

But in all seriousness, I would imagine it has something to do with the scripting to it, probably when it was made the proportions may of not been aligned in coding similarly with the set up from the other given themes.

I figured it was something like that. I was just curious if no one ever noticed or something else.

Oreo

Some of the skins made for the site were not coded for default and widescreen.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

AmberStarfire

The width across the screen was what the lady who created the theme (roulette) chose to give it.

In the CSS, you can set the whole width to a percentage of the full screen (I think October's 80%), or different sections (Default has the header and footer reduced to a smaller percentage than the main content div). It makes it easy to adjust widths because all you have to do is change the percentage (if you take that approach). Others like widescreen are close to 100% with just enough space that you can see the background a little bit each side.

Eikichi

Quote from: AmberStarfire on June 07, 2016, 09:51:44 AM
The width across the screen was what the lady who created the theme chose to give it.

In the CSS, you can set the whole width to a percentage of the full screen (I think October's 80%), or different sections (Default has the header and footer reduced to a smaller percentage than the main content div). It makes it easy to adjust widths because all you have to do is change the percentage. Others like widescreen are close to 100% with just enough space that you can see the background a little bit each side.

That makes a lot more sense. Thank you for the clarification.

AmberStarfire

Autumn Sativus

The "why" is probably that --- nawp. Not quite.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

AmberStarfire

It's my understanding that October was Roulette's (at least the version used on E). I don't know if she drew code from another theme, but when I wrote my ones, there were only 2 themes available and they were default and widescreen. I used widescreen as a base for mine and I'm not sure which one Aysande used.

There is a thread here where we discussed them.