A historical Scottish Story (based on Outlander Book Series) F looking for M

Started by Rahzilla, March 02, 2015, 08:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rahzilla

I haven't read the books, but I've watched the new TV series that was made from the books and have been craving to do a Scottish/historical story like this for some time now. My plot is as follows:

A girl from a different era falls through the veil of time into 1743 Scotland. She was on vacation in Scotland, a graduation present from her parents. She had visited the sights in England and Ireland and had finally made her way to Scotland. The year is 1950 and Alice has just graduated from Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. Having studied literature, she felt that she had a handle on the world. She was going to become a scholar or a novelist. The reason for her trip to the United Kingdom wasn’t just as a graduation gift, but rather a cultural vacation to see where her family originated from.

Staying at a local bed and breakfast at Inverness, Alice was travelling around the countryside when she approached the standing stones on the hill of Craigh na Dun. A loud wind howled behind her, pushing her toward the central stone, hearing a voice buzzing from deep inside the stone.

The next thing she knew, she woke up next to the stones. Thinking nothing of it, she makes her way back to her car parked nearby but can’t seem to locate it. While searching for her vehicle, that is when gunshots are fired and men in kilts and redcoats fly past her view just a ways off. Taking shelter behind foliage, she turns to run when a kilted man knocks her unconscious as she was about to scream.

From there, we could take this many different ways. I would like to stick to somewhat similar guidelines from the book. Alice is found by highlanders and questioned. Her story doesn't pan out well so they take her to castle Leoch. She is a guest of Clan MacKenzie.

Of course, the story that we play doesn't have to be an exact match for what happens in the books. That would be boring and dull :P No, I'd like to roleplay out what life is like in the 1740s and see what we can come up with.

If you're interested, please PM me :)
Check out my costumes at RahCostumes, add a 'like' if you like what you see :)

Rahzilla

Check out my costumes at RahCostumes, add a 'like' if you like what you see :)