The Team (Super, NC-Exotic)

Started by ivygrowth, May 21, 2012, 11:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivygrowth

I am curious if there would be any interest in a system-less, though moderated by myself instead of being completely free-form, game focused on an all female team of super-humans.  I am leaning towards something of an over-the-top atmosphere at times, and more of a horror atmosphere at other times, largely dependent upon the villain being faced.  It would be played in episodes, each one focused on a single encounter with a villain. 

I would be looking for (original) flawed characters with both strengths and weaknesses. 

My goal is to focus on the story and action, though it would certainly have adult scenes, and any player would have to be comfortable with NC-Exotic content.  Though I would try to respect limits posted for a specific player's character. 

If you are interested, please post a character name and short (couple sentences) concept.  If we get enough players (5+ I am thinking) I will post a full character sheet and we can get going.

Comments?  Questions?  Thoughts?

AndyZ

Interested, though not sure what I'd make yet.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Teo Torriatte

You have my interest.

EDIT: oops, I didn't read the whole post, evidently.

My initial idea for a character would be a mute mutant named Psiren, her main ability is a powerful sonic blast that comes out whenever she tries to talk. She has also has a minor telepathic ability, enough to communicate although it is much easier to do so with people she feels closer to. She sees her birth mutation as both a blessing and a curse... it gives her a sense of power and importance but since it has also taken away the possibility for conventional communication, she doesn't always feel so blessed.

Laughing Hyena

Not interested since I don't play females but I still support superhero games here. ^_^

AndyZ

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 22, 2012, 04:09:51 AM
Not interested since I don't play females but I still support superhero games here. ^_^

Now, I'm not the GM for this, so I can only offer suggestions, but would a robot or other asexual being be a good compromise for this?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Neysha

I want to express my interest in this RP as well as a possible heroine.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

eavatar

I am interested in this rp and I don't have any issue about play a female

Arioch

Interested. I had an idea for a female character that has super-human strength and is semi-nigh-invulnerable, but, she needs to constantly eat in order to maintain her strength, else she becomes weak and can even lose consciousness. She also begins to overheat when she uses her strength abilities requiring her to find ways to cool off or suffer from heat exhaustion.

Muse

I'm also interested. 

I wonder who I'd play?  *ponders* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Lycan Queen

I'm interested, just haven't come up with a strong character concept. Do we have any villainesses yet?

ivygrowth

Quote from: AndyZ on May 22, 2012, 04:48:47 AM
Now, I'm not the GM for this, so I can only offer suggestions, but would a robot or other asexual being be a good compromise for this?

I am only interested in females for the main team.  I suppose I could accept maybe one gender-neutral side kick or assistant, but they wouldn't be on par with the main team. 

Quote from: Lycan Queen on May 22, 2012, 02:03:21 PM
I'm interested, just haven't come up with a strong character concept. Do we have any villainesses yet?

I suppose I could accept a Villainess (and maybe a male Villain or two) if that is what people wanted to play.  However, they would need to understand that they would eventually lose.  You might escape, might have temporary victories, but your character won't be a main focus of the story (and probably wouldn't always be active). 

In a conflict between a Villain(ess) and a Heroine, the results would have to be decided by the players in advance, or would have to be left open so I could post the results. 

I like the characters posted so far.  They are just the sorts I was hoping to get. :-)

I am thinking, for a setting, that all the characters are either untrained, or newly imbued with super-human powers.  They would grow and learn together as they ally to defeat some dark threat. 

If characters were normal humans, they were imbued with powers when they picked up (or otherwise touched) a small chunk of crystal that promptly disintegrated in their hands.

All characters would be residents of (or visiting) Dream Lake at the start of the game.

A couple quick notes on the setting.  I have more, but am still trying to organize it into a semi-readable form.

THE WORLD
Although it is believed that there have been super-humans throughout history, it is only in the last century that they have begun to appear in a verifiable way.  This century, one of upheaval and change, has seen the population of super-humans rise from a paltry few to into the millions.

THE SETTING
The setting is a (fictional) resort city in eastern Washington State.  Known as Dream Lake, it has a permanent population of roughly 150,000, and a transient population (tourists, summer vacationers, etc) usually between 25,000 and 50,000.  In the summer is it popular because of the large lake it sits on the edge of, complete with pleasant beaches and secluded bays, while in the winter it is popular due to a large ski resort on a nearby mountain. 

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias: [/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Super Power #1:[/b]
[b]Super Power #2:[/b]
[b]Weakness:[/b]
[b]Player Ons:[/b]
[b]Player Offs:[/b]
[b]Player Limits:[/b]

A super power shouldn't be too powerful or all-encompassing, and I would prefer they have some sort of limitation or weakness. 

Thoughts?  Comments?

AndyZ

Quote from: lunawuff on May 22, 2012, 02:28:04 AM
You have my interest.

EDIT: oops, I didn't read the whole post, evidently.

My initial idea for a character would be a mute mutant named Psiren, her main ability is a powerful sonic blast that comes out whenever she tries to talk. She has also has a minor telepathic ability, enough to communicate although it is much easier to do so with people she feels closer to. She sees her birth mutation as both a blessing and a curse... it gives her a sense of power and importance but since it has also taken away the possibility for conventional communication, she doesn't always feel so blessed.

Do you want to be the only one with telepathy?  I have a few ideas I'm playing with, and X-men has shown how awesomely synergistic a telepathic connection can be.  However, not only do I not want to steal your thunder, but if that's what you're basically planning anyway, there's no reason for me to do it.

Neysha

Millions of super humans sounds like a lot. Kinda excessive if we are to be considered super ourselves. IMHO.
My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: AndyZ on May 23, 2012, 04:19:16 AM
Do you want to be the only one with telepathy?  I have a few ideas I'm playing with, and X-men has shown how awesomely synergistic a telepathic connection can be.  However, not only do I not want to steal your thunder, but if that's what you're basically planning anyway, there's no reason for me to do it.

I don't mind you making your character a telepath. Its just Psiren's minor ability... she is based on a character I have tried to play a few times in the past, and I wanted to make her mute because it would be interesting to roleplay, then in a later iteration I gave her limited telepathy so she could communicate with at least some people. In one story, she could only use her telepathy with other mutants, so it was still a handicap in the day to day
"normal" world.

Basically thats the long way to say go ahead, I have no problem with it.  :-)

TheLegionary

Teo Torriatte

Here is my bio- let me know if I need to add, change or elaborate on anything. Oh, and I do agree that maybe super powers should be a little more exclusive than millions of people. But ultimately thats up to you.  :-)

Name: Sarah Kensington
Alias: Psiren

Appearance: She is 5'6", with a slender build and smallish breasts. Pale skin, long black hair.

Personality: When she isn't fighting crime, Sarah can usually be found with her nose in a book. She is somewhat less that personable, thanks in part to her handicap. But some of her friends have rightly accused her of just using that as an excuse not to go out and meet people.

History: She was a loner in high school, earned her two year degree in college. But as being Psiren has taken up more and more of her time, she hasn't gone back to school to complete her education.

Super Power #1: Her primary power is a sonic blast which comes out of her mouth whenever she tries to speak. By itself, it comes out in a fairly wide cone, with variable effects. A "whisper" is still enough to stun people and give them headaches but not do any physical damage. A "shout" can be powerful enough to injure organic matter and shatter inorganic matter.

Super Power #2: Her secondary power is a low level talent with psionics. She can use telekinesis to alter the shape of her sonic blast, and she has a minor talent with telepathy that she can use to project her thoughts, but only to other metahumans and only within speaking distance.

Weakness: The mutation which gives Sarah her sonic blast has also left her effectively mute. Her only method even close to verbal communication is telepathy, which as stated above she can only send her thoughts to other metahumans. For "normals", she is left with sign language and other more mundane methods of non verbal communication.

Ons: FF/FM, Pregnancy, Aliens, Animals, Vaginal, Anal, Oral, Submission, Non-con, probably anything else not listed below that I'm just not thinking of atm
Offs: Domination(except with the right partner), Excessive blood, Gore, Vore
Limits: Scat, Pee

Arioch

Here is my idea.

Name: Brenda Jacobs
Alias: Ms. Olympia
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personality:
History:  Brenda was an aspiring fitness competitor when her boyfriend suggested she try something to get an edge on the competition. She had been struggling, only making it into the top 10 of her competitions and wanted to improve things. Thinking that only a small cycle of steroids could help her, she agreed to her boyfriends suggestion and took an injection. That same day she was running on the beach and when she noticed some green crystal that looked like it had washed up. Thinking it would look great as a piece of jewelry she stopped, reached down and tried to pick it up. Time went a little dark at that point and she woke up lying on the beach, the crystal no where in sight.  It was later that day that she started to notice that things were a bit different.
Super Power #1: Super Strength So far, she hasn't found the limit to her strength.
Super Power #2: Semi-nigh-invulnerable Can take a lot of damage without feeling too much of the affects. A punch doesn't affect her while getting hit by a car would only bruise her, but it heals within minutes.
Weakness: Advanced Metabolism Must eat as much as possible. If not, she begins to weaken, first becoming like a normal human in strength and then just passing out.
Higher Body Temperature She now has a higher body temp, but exertion can cause it to go higher. This will start to affect her as if she has a fever and then as if she is suffering from heat exhaustion. It will cause her to pass out until her body temp cools down enough.

Player Ons: Teasing, coercion, group action, voyeurism, exhibitionism.
Player Offs: Mutilation, Mind Control, Bodily Waste
Player Limits: Ask if it seems out of bounds.

AndyZ

Still working on the full sheet, but I was thinking basically telepathy and telekinesis.  The catch is that her telekinesis depends heavily upon her emotional state: while calm and serene, she has a lot of finesse and control, but not as much brute force, but when enraged or distraught, her sheer force is amplified but she has no fine control.  Basically, in World of Darkness terms, a contrast of Strength and Dexterity.

The telepathy will start out as just surface thoughts with stray emotional clingers, enabling her to work as a sort of radio for the group, where everyone can hear thoughts that are sent out over it.

It'll start out weaker but I can see a lot of ways that this will build up over time.

Teo Torriatte

I edited Psiren's secondary psionics to limit them a bit more, since we will have another character with psionics as her primary ability. And don't worry, she still has everything I initially wanted them for, I just toned it down a bit after thinking about it for awhile.  :D

AndyZ

Quote from: lunawuff on May 23, 2012, 11:22:11 AM
I edited Psiren's secondary psionics to limit them a bit more, since we will have another character with psionics as her primary ability. And don't worry, she still has everything I initially wanted them for, I just toned it down a bit after thinking about it for awhile.  :D

I had the feeling that you were going for the telepathy being more a last-ditch method of communication instead of completely making up for her inability to properly use her voice.  I'm glad to see it confirmed ^_^

For the record, I don't mind more than one psionic char at all, and I'm glad you don't either.

Vaulera

Name: Sonja Dravel
Alias: Whisper
Appearance: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=828170
Personality: Sonja is a rather volatile and vane individual, having a tremendous amount of pride and often times arrogance, her own uniqueness and beauty giving her an incredibly high opinion of herself and completely destroying her sense of modesty, but she is not without her good sides, Sonja is much softer once past her pride, a likable individual.
History: Sonja was born into an extremely wealthy family as a prized daughter, pampered but also educated in the ways of proper etiquette and form. Sonja hated the boring lessons and constant politeness, but she suffered through it because her parents encouraged her dance and gymnastic careers, something at which she was incredibly adept, always vaulting higher, never missing a hand spring or messing a landing. In dance she was more graceful than any of her peers, who were incredibly competent by anyone's standards, she was fluid and flexible, able to shift from pose to pose and step to step with ease. But as she aged, she liked mischief more and more, finding it easy to sneak up on her friends, or escape her manor room. In her later stages of life, Sonja realized that this was because she made no noise at all, was more agile, flexible and could jump higher than an Olympian. Stories of superheroes had always fascinated her. Sonja went on a vacation to Dream lake, a perfect place to spend some time alone with her thoughts.
Super Power #1: Absolute Silence: Sonja can make herself generate absolutely no noise, perfect for sneaking about places without drawing suspicion.
Super Power #2: Superhuman Agility: Sonja is extremely fast, flexible and can jump to great heights, combined with her silence, making her Ideal for infiltration.
Weakness: Sonja is very adept at dodging and moving, but when it comes down to muscle on muscle, she is still very small, standing at 5,3 and only weighing in at 115 pounds. Her small frame and wiry muscles just aren't suited to struggling against another.

ivygrowth

I may have gotten my math wrong on the 'millions', either way, it is mostly fluff to indicate that super-humans are common enough to be well known (and a problem), but still outnumbered by a massive number. 

A couple of villains are fine, as long as you note my previous post about them.

lunawuff, Arioch, Vaulera, your characters look good. :-)

The concept is fine AndyZ

I forgot something at the end of the character sheet, specifically:

[b]Player Ons:[/b]
[b]Player Offs:[/b]
[b]Player Limits:[/b]

The initial episode or two will likely be focused on Dream Lake, and bringing the team together.  After that the focus will probably shift to a grander scope as a small city might be fairly limited.

Neysha

Oh sweet. Bios are being posted. I'll be sure to do a character writeup as soon as I get the time. :)
My Request Thread

AndyZ

Name: Valerie Kyleson
Alias: Valkyrie
Appearance: Her superheroine costume is a black catsuit with a white cape split down the middle.  When showing off, she uses her ability to make the cape flutter like a pair of wings, although the wind does so for her often enough.  She's probably going to have to retailor it so that she can wear it under her normal clothes, but as of the start of the game, she'll have to get to her car in order to retrieve the costume.

Personality: Although mostly happy-go-lucky and kind, she does have a temper.
History: The only child of two lawyers, Valerie has spent most of her life content and wanting for little, although she always had the feeling that something was different about her.  For example, she could just recognize things about people without understanding why, possessed a knack for sports and seemed able to convince people of things. 

Such minor tricks never seemed much more than luck or talent until that fateful day in college, when she was attacked by a mugger while coming back from a party and fairly buzzed.  The sudden rage she felt as he ran off with her purse was overwhelming, and seemed to go from the metaphorical eye daggers of hatred which everyone feels from time to time, exploding into a sharp burst of pure force which splattered his skull against the brick wall.

She ran, barely able to snatch up her blood-spattered purse, and the awe of the revelation of her abilities mixed with the fear and horror of what she had done.  Meditating on her actions, she came to the conclusion that she could have handled things better but wasn't truly at fault.  It would be better for her to use her new powers to fight crime instead of to be too scared of hurting people, although she knew she would have to be careful.

Super Power #1: Telepathy.  She can send and receive conscious thoughts, echoing them like a signal booster so that a team can communicate with each other and she doesn't have to pass along thoughts.  (In game terms, once someone sends something to her, unless they specifically say that they only want her to hear, it'll be communicated to everyone to whom she's linked.)

A secondary use of this power, though not one to which she's conscious, is a subliminal effect to keep most people from recognizing her unusual nature or realizing that Valerie Kyleson is Valkyrie.  (Basically how people never see Clark Kent with his glasses knocked off and instantly think Superman, except that her power accounts for it.)

Super Power #2: Telekinesis.  She's starting to figure out how to control herself in order to fly, but it takes effort and so far she's not able to do anything else with telekinesis while levitating.  At the start of the game, she hasn't yet figured out too many unconventional applications of this power, although I expect her to come up with things like barriers (holding the air in place to block attacks) and so on as time goes on.

Weakness:  Emotional overdrive.  When she loses her cool, she also loses her fine motor control over her telekinesis, instead amplifying her raw power.  She stops trying to merely lift someone off the ground in order to halt their escape and instead uses buffering force to slam them against the wall.

Player Ons: F/F, nurses, bunnygirls, sybians, I enjoy playing futa but I don't expect that to come up here
Player Offs: Mutilation, Lobotomization, Bodily Waste, Soul Stealing
Player Limits: Not really sure on the difference between Offs and Limits.  Here's my O/O thread.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102977.0

Ghostraven

Are you still looking for other team members?

I have an idea for a character but I wanted to ask first.

TTYL

Ghostraven

ivygrowth

Looks good AndyZ, though I am debating a bit about the weakness.  I might prefer you add an additional one or two, line of sight or such. 

I am still accepting a couple more Ghostraven.

AndyZ

Okay, let me see what else I can come up with for weaknesses.  I'll think on it.

AndyZ

Alright, I'm thinking that she constantly radiates her emotions as well.  That means that whenever she has a sufficient emotional state beyond just being calm, it "shines" from her to affect others.  People find themselves feeling a little angry, or sad, or lustful or whatever when she does.  Usually it's not by a great amount, but people who are aware of their own emotional state would be able to use this in order to recognize what she's really feeling, as well as determine if she's faking an emotion.

Would that be a sufficient extra weakness or would you want more?

Vaulera

What I am noticing is not so much weaknesses in your characters, it's flaws, the radiating of emotions and the decreasing of finesse but increasing of power aren't really going to decrease or affect any part of her victory, if anything they would help. Maybe make her not very good around crowds, a common psychic weakness, because she needs some sort of weakness that would let her be defeated in battle.

Ghostraven

Ok; I'll have a character up later tonight.

TTYL

Ghostraven

jaybee55

Quote from: ivygrowth on May 22, 2012, 05:21:59 PM
I suppose I could accept a Villainess (and maybe a male Villain or two) if that is what people wanted to play.  However, they would need to understand that they would eventually lose.  You might escape, might have temporary victories, but your character won't be a main focus of the story (and probably wouldn't always be active). 

This may be sort of last minute, but...

I've been wanting to play a "super" lately, but I'm really not up for a long-term gig - at least not yet.  Thought about posting a one-shot request, but actually I think I'd prefer (and kick out of) playing a villain under the conditions you describe.  Sort of a fleshed-out NPC bad guy who does guest shots at the the GMs discretion, right?  I wouldn't expect a lot of "screen time", would be happy to set up plot points at your direction, and you could even kill me off at some point to add drama.  Plus I love to play super-villains :-)

Let me know if this sounds at all workable to you.
Ons and Offs (incomplete)

ivygrowth

Pretty much what Vaulera said.  Something like her getting overwhelmed by strong thoughts/emotions might work better than her showing her emotional state. 

Sounds good Ghostraven

That would be fine jaybee55.  Did you have anything specific in mind for your character?  If so, feel free to either post it here or PM me. 

AndyZ

Quote from: Vaulera on May 24, 2012, 06:33:00 PM
What I am noticing is not so much weaknesses in your characters, it's flaws, the radiating of emotions and the decreasing of finesse but increasing of power aren't really going to decrease or affect any part of her victory, if anything they would help. Maybe make her not very good around crowds, a common psychic weakness, because she needs some sort of weakness that would let her be defeated in battle.

Quote from: ivygrowth on May 24, 2012, 08:36:59 PM
Pretty much what Vaulera said.  Something like her getting overwhelmed by strong thoughts/emotions might work better than her showing her emotional state. 

Okay, I think I get what you're saying.  When you say flaw, you mean some defect to the power which doesn't necessarily affect combat, but a true weakness would be something which could work against her in all situations and wouldn't even be truly dependent upon the power?

I could see getting overwhelmed by strong emotions.  If she's around someone distraught, it might strike into her and leave her in a similarly messed up state.  I'm not sure I'd want to play that, though; it'd get difficult to manage if every time someone else had an emotion, she had it also.

I'll drop the other ideas and see what else comes to mind.  Maybe I'll get something good when I sleep.  However, if I'm changing that weakness, I'll probably also alter things so that she hasn't already accidentally killed someone, and instead just did something crafty.

My original idea was that villains might realize this stuff about her emotions, thus getting her into situations where she needs finesse but making her so angry that she ends up just pounding the walls, but I think I can see how that's not a complete weakness to her very being, and the radiating emotions wouldn't mean too much.

Thanks for putting up with me as I figure this out ^_^

jaybee55

I had something like this in mind.

Name: Edmund Swayne
Alias: Python
Appearance:
  • As a civilian: 6' 2" tall, 175 lbs, dark wavy brown hair, dark eyes, muscular but lean, aristocratic features,  always well groomed and flashily dressed.
  • As a super: Scaly gold skin with a bold black pattern, head like a cross between man and snake (body humanoid), red eyes, forked tongue.  Wears a black and gold body suit that matches the skin patterns underneath.  The suit has a built-in heating system for cold days (heater can run continuously for 6 hours before running out of power).
Personality: Snobbish, clever, fairly well educated... but classic euro-trash.  A little crazy: Convinced that he's "superior".  Because of his upbringing (see History) he also imagines himself to be a Robin Hood style villain, and does actually give a significant percentage of what he steals to the poor - but not enough to cut into his lavish lifestyle of course.  He also only robs/cons/kidnaps/extorts those he thinks can afford it.
History: Edmund is the bastard son of a Russian crime boss (now deceased) and an English bar maid.  Raised in poverty by his mother - only knowing his father by name - he grew up devoted to her, but with a chip on his shoulder because what he saw as undeserved poverty.  Having some success in school he was encouraged to go to college, which he did, training to be a mechanical engineer.  Shortly after graduation his mother died of cancer.  Angry and bitter Edmund refused to pursue engineering as a career and instead became a thief and con man, determined to take what he wanted from the world.  After a long crime spree the authorities caught up with him.  He was sentenced to 20 years in prison.  In prison he met a small-time enforcer who worked for the UK branch of a Russian crime syndicate.  After learning everything he could about the organization itself, and about his father, he managed to escape from prison and make his way to Moscow.  His intention was to join the family business, but by the time he got there the boss (his father) had been assassinated by his number two man - who then became the new boss.  Unwilling to risk a return to the UK, and knowing he would be killed if he presented himself to the syndicate, he resumed his life of crime; this time in Moscow.  One night while attempting to rob an illegal cloning lab, he was caught and subdued by a brilliant but highly unstable scientist.  The scientist, a reptile expert, ran painful experiments on Edmund for weeks, using engineered viruses to replace some of his genes with snake genes.  Once his powers started to manifest he escaped and fled to the US, convinced that he could make a fortune using his new abilities.  As a cover he set himself up as the CEO of a small engineering firm.  Although he intended the business to be little more than a front, it has actually prospered.  As a criminal he engages almost exclusively in large thefts, extortion, and kidnapping (he has successfully kidnapped and ransomed other supers in the past).  He is willing to team up with others if the payoff seems good enough.
Super Power #1: Super strength (especially when "crushing" an opponent), bullet-proof skin, ultra-quick first strike (when prepared), enhanced reflexes (only if the temperature is above 15c), can see into the infrared (body head, etc.).  Also wears a "utility belt" with a variety of nasty surprises.
Super Power #2: Paralyzing venom delivered via bite.
Note: Edmund has no powers in human form, but can morph into his super form in just a few seconds.  He often uses his engineering abilities to execute his crimes and has been known to set traps for both police and other supers. 
Weakness: Extremely low tolerance to cold.  Becomes sluggish when temperature drops below 4c, and can't stay awake below 0c.  This applies to both super and "normal" forms.

Ghostraven

Ok; here is what I have let me know if anything needs to be changed.  I tried to keep her from being too powerful though she may still be too super-powered. :-)

Name: Mecha
Alias: Cassandra 'Cassy' Blake

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 120
Hair: Black (her costume tints her hair blue)
Eyes: Green (her eyes change to icy blue when she uses her powers)

Appearance: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1502976

Personality: She can be a bit of a spoiled brat now and then but Cassy, as she prefers to be called, is usually happy and outgoing, she wants to be everyone’s friend. She tends to act before thinking through a situation or the consequences her actions might have.

History: Cassandra Blake was born to William and Amanda Blake; the founders of Blake Technologies who are known for their work as a defense contractor for the Government. She is their only child and has always had most anything she ever wanted, including a pony.
Her family have a vacation house on the lake where she is currently staying.
She breezed through collage and graduated with a degree in advanced computer sciences and is expected by her parents to eventually start working for the company. Her parents don’t know that she is a super heroine; they just think that she is taking a year off before coming to work for them.
She gained her powers over technology when she  found a piece of mysterious crystal that crumbled into dust when she touched it, She was holding her laptop when she touched the crystal and was amazed that she was able to suddenly access her computer even though it wasn’t on.
She experimented with her new found powers learning that she could not only talk to computers but that she could manipulate machines basically in any way she could imagine. She attempted to make a real costume like the other heroes that were appearing but her sewing skills were lacking which is when she hit upon the idea to make her costume from her lap top and hence Machine Girl…Nahh...Mecha Girl? maybe…Mecha was born. She joined the Team after having several minor solo ventures while she finally settled on her hero identity of Mecha.

Super Power #1: Technomancer: Cassy can manipulate technology and machines commanding and controlling anything form a can opener to a jumbo-jet. She can power and even repair devices just by touching them. She also has an almost instant knowledge of how the touched device works allowing her to make mundane repairs and improvements to devices as well as using her power to then manipulate the device.
Her abilities also let her hack computer systems effortlessly as she can not only manipulate the software but she can commandeer the hardware as well. Curiously it is harder for her to manipulate a simple machine than it is some cutting edge device. She can’t manipulate non-electronic devices that don’t have moving parts. So she couldn’t do anything with a knife or a hammer but she could cause a cross bow to cock and fire. It is unclear why given the apparent nature of her power she can’t simply make a knife into a something else but this may be something that she eventually learns.

Super Power #2: Technomancy: Cassy can transform the form and function of a device. She can’t change the actual mass of the machine but she seems to have a limited ability to change the material properties of the device via an ability to psychokinetically restructure matter. She can make a car into a robot or a cell phone into a laser or vice versa but the cell phone robot would only be six inches high and weight half a pound. She can’t create explosives or chemicals but she could create rail guns and eventually energy weapons, the mass for any projectiles needs to come from the available mass of the device. Machines that she manipulates remain their changed form but may no longer operate or operate in a favorable manner once she is no longer directly controlling them. So while a car that she added guns to would still work as a car, the guns wouldn’t work; but the car she changed into a robot would be a just a mass of rearranged metal and plastic.

Weakness: Currently she needs to remain in physical contact with the device that she is manipulating, thought she can use a tether to connect her physically with a device that she is manipulating, she also can only manipulate a single device at a time. However her costume which she usually creates out of her laptop seems to indicate that she can with practice maintain multiple machine manipulations at once. She and her machines are susceptible to electrical attacks particularly as she is almost always in physical contact with them. The size of the device that she controls is also related to the level of concentration that is required. While she can control a small car sized device with little effort controlling a passenger jet would require a considerable amount of her concentration and focus and something the larger would probably be beyond her current abilities.
It also requires time to manipulate a machine with more time for more extensive alterations. So hacking a phone or computer would take seconds making a car into a robot would take minutes.

Ons: FF/FM/FFF/FMM, tentacles, futa, bondage

Offs: Mutilation, impregnation, torture

Player Limits: Mutilation, Scat, Hard Vore, Gore, Death

ivygrowth

I wasn't specific on what I wanted for weaknesses, sorry.  But yeah, it should be something that is a fairly major way to get at her or to limit her powers.

Looks good jaybee55, though he may have trouble in winter.  I'll try to think of a good way to bring him in.

Looks good Ghostraven, as long as she is limited to touch it should be fine.  How did you see her interacting with the internet, telephones, etc?

Muse

:)  Okay! I've got it now!  Sorry to take so long, and I hope I'm not too late! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ghostraven

For the internet she could operate as a super hacker, thought to actually use her powers she would have to be physically touching a device that was hardwired into the internet and whatever she was trying to access would also need to be hardwired into the internet other wise she would just be a really skilled hacker but not unstoppable like she would be if she physically touch the device.
She could I suppose use a land line to manipulate the phone at the other end into something, but who uses a land line any more.  :P
I would think that trying to operate a device so far away would require a lot of concentration and effort, so maybe anything over a few miles away would be beyond her current ability to manipulate or manipulate for very long.

I'm open to other suggestions on her powers.

So is something like what Python looks like jaybee55?

Muse

Name:  Connie Novia

Alias: Spark

Appearance:  Connie is a tall and athletic young woman with long, straight black hair, pretty, willowy features, and dark blue eyes.  To her mingled delight and dismay, none of these features manage to draw a quarter so much attention as her massive, remarkably pert breasts.  She says it aggravates her, but frequently wears low necklines…

Personality:  Quite and spiritual but cheerful and bold, Connie is currently threatening to go wild in experiencing the freedom of college. 

History:  A cheerful girl from a conservative family known for studying hard, singing in the catholic church choir, and practicing gymnastics.  Since coming to college in Dream Lake, she has enjoyed the freedom to define herself outside of her parents’ expectations. 
   At a party on the lake in her first semester, she almost lost her virginity to a boy in her study group.  At the last moment, she chickened out and left the poor boy hard to take a walk down the beach and catch her breath.  She felt particularly guilty that the lad had done so much for her and she hadn’t properly reciprocated.  Maybe she could give him a blow job… 
   Turning to go back and try to make things right in that fashion, she noticed a soft blue glow under a pier.  She looked down, then reached out and drew back a glowing blue crystal. 
   A shock shot through her body and she passed out. In the semester since, she’s learned she can generate electrical charges and teleport by phone lines. 

Super Power #1:  Electricity control:  Spark can generate electrical arcs and control existing electricity like a “Bender.” 
Super Power #2:  Storm Rider:  By turning herself into electricity, she can travel at great speeds through phone and power lines.  So far she’s learned to do this by calling a landline phone at her destination and jumping in one receiver and out the other. 
Weakness:  Grounded metal—such as cell bars--can block her attacks.  Touching copper to her skin shorts her powers out.  Simply wearing a copper ring would render her normal. 

Player Ons:   https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=16
Player Offs:
Player Limits:

jaybee55

Quote from: Ghostraven on May 25, 2012, 12:40:51 AM
So is something like what Python looks like jaybee55?

Nice one Ghostraven!  He doesn't have claws, and his coloring is different, but that's really close to what I had in mind.

jaybee55

Quote from: ivygrowth on May 25, 2012, 12:10:19 AM
Looks good jaybee55, though he may have trouble in winter.  I'll try to think of a good way to bring him in.

Thanks ivy :-)  I'm going to do a few edits to the character sheet (personality stuff, not powers).  And once the game starts I'll follow the thread(s) so that I know what's going on.  That way you can just drop me a PM whenever you want Python to appear.

Good point about winter.  I figure he either tries to stay indoors or wears some sort of heated body suit when he absolutely needs to go out (I'll edit the character sheet accordingly).

Wolfy

I wonder, are there anymore superhero spots open? <3

AndyZ

Quote from: ivygrowth on May 25, 2012, 12:10:19 AM
I wasn't specific on what I wanted for weaknesses, sorry.  But yeah, it should be something that is a fairly major way to get at her or to limit her powers.

How about sensory overload?  She has a difficult time with large amounts of flashing lights, noises and the like, because overstimulation of her five senses messes with the rest?  Strobes and flashbangs would be more than enough to stop her.

Teo Torriatte

Edited character to include O&O's

Wolfy

Name: Sarah Conner
Alias: Touch
Appearance:
Personality: Sarah is a fun loving young woman who likes to go out with friends and simply have a fun time. She's full of life, naturally, though that is mostly do to her powers. Not one to make a plan, Sarah generally rushes into things head first, whether they are dangerous or not, and relies on her own abilities to get her out of sticky situations.
History:
Super Power #1: Life Force Manipulation. Sarah is able to use her own life-force (Or the life force of others if need be) to create constructs, which include weapons, shields, and even complex things like tools.
Super Power #2: Life Force Absorption. She is able to absorb the life force energy of other beings, though doing so will leave them in a weakened state. If she takes all of their life force, they will become a wasted husk. She does this simply by touching them.
Weakness:

Being that Sarah's powers are based on Life Force, or the supernatural energy that keeps one alive, if she uses too much of her own, she will become weaker, and also begin to prematurely age, forming wrinkles, gray hair, etc. This can, however, be reversed by absorbing the life energy of someone else, or is reversed naturally by time as her body recovers naturally.

Also, her second weakness, is that she can't turn off her powers. Her power of life-force absorption means that anyone she touches is slowly drained of their own life energy, though this drain is very, very minor. She would have to spend days touching the person in question to fully drain them at her natural rate, though she is able to increase the rate of absorption to a point that it takes only one hour to kill a normal person.
Player Ons: FF/FM/FFM/FMM/FFFFMMMM. Mostly anything.
Player Offs: Torture, Scat, Gore, Death, impregnation.
Player Limits: Torture, Death, Gore, Scat.

(Now I just need to flesh out the history...<_<>_>)

Thorn14

I may be tempted to make a character.  :-)

Ghostraven

Hi Wolfy,
I don't think Touch's weaknesses are the kind of weakness that Ivy is looking for the characters to have. She's basically looking for something that negates their superpower. So like copper takes Spark out or no devices makes Mecha just a girl in a sexy suit.  ;)

TTYL

Ghostraven

jaybee55

Made a few edits to "Python" (see my post above).

@Ghostraven - Thanks again for finding the picture... a little imagine manipulation and voila!

Ghostraven

cool  :-) Glad I could help Jaybee.

Thorn14

i'm thinking of a college student who can manipulate shadows into becoming physical objects.

What would be good weaknesses?

Arioch

Thorn, the easiest thing to do is have a problem associated with the opposite of what you do. Maybe bright lights affect you in some way.

If not that, maybe you can come up with some sort of simple thing like being very weak or frail, needing some item or even an allergy to some common thing.  Of course, an allergy to a superhero is usually something bigger than to a human (think Superman and kryptonite)

Muse

Easy.  Turn off the lights and she's powerless.  In full darkness there are no shadows. 

Arioch

Thorn14

Those are some good ideas. So perhaps she's not weak to light but instead needs it to form shadows.

My thought was maybe her willpower is frail as a second weakness, making her open to manipulations.

Neysha

Name: Amanda Gregg
Alias: Aegis
Appearance:
Personality: Very kind, considerate and respectful of people until her perception of them otherwise changes. Has a very deep and stubborn sense of justice and ethics. She tends to keep her stronger emotions subverted and has a veneer of trying to seem unflappable. Also Amanda suffers from a mild case of manic-depressive disorder where she is prone to bouts of hypomania where her mind and body act in a state of heightened activity and often positively, and depressive episodes split up by periods of normal behavior. Her symptoms tend to cycle more rapidly then others and are often dependent on external trauma or stimuli, whether positive or negative.
History: Amanda was born into a rural African-American family in Tennessee on a family farm her family had owned since the post Civil War Reconstruction era. Raised in a household that had a strong family history of both enduring, surviving and even thriving in what was a tense, and often hostile racial environment until her grandparents generation, Amanda was brought up on the virtues of hard work, justice, ethics as well as a strong identification with her family heritage and local heritage.
   Amanda recently became the second generation of her family to attend college and the first woman in her entire family to do so, pursuing her passion of History and a more practical degree in Agricultural Economics. Before she could return home and settle into the family agribusiness. But that changed when she picked up a strange colored crystal on the roadside  while on her long drive back home at a rest stop. Almost immediately she was able to consciously manifest brightly colored constructs based on an unknown energy that she alone could tap. Almost immediately she went home and told her parents, deciding not to keep it a secret at all.
   Her friends and family, after overcoming an initial shock, encouraged her to do what she felt was right. Amanda agreed, and all of them figured her potential could be put to better use as something other then a farmer, but in using her abilities to assist others like so many other superheroes and heroines had already done. After accepting the well wishes of her friends and family, she decided to strike out into the world and find a proper place to start her new life path as a heroine.

Super Power #1: Amanda can manifest various basic energy constructs. She can create out of thin air, various shapes and forms that are comprised out of an unknown energy that is slightly transparent, of a solid base color and can be best (but still inaccurately) described as ‘hard light.' The complexity of these constructs varies depending on size and practice and her own mindset. For example she can create boxing gloves, chains, cages, and detailed suits of ‘hard light' armor for herself, even working small arms. But if she tries to make bigger constructs, she's reduced to basic shapes such as flat planes, rods, cones, spheres or slices thereof and so on. The durability of said constructs is quite strong and in some cases can magnify her own strength, such as with the boxing glove constructs, but is also dependent on her level of focus and concentration and the simplicity and size of the construct in question.
Super Power #2: She is capable of flight, but only be splitting her concentration in making a ‘flight suit pack' which allows her to reach speeds of upwards of two hundred miles per hour, or however fast she dares to go without getting scared.
Weakness: Her powers can be negated by sufficient trauma to her physical person... ie... getting ‘rattled.' A concussion will immediately negate her abilities for an extended period of time but lesser non-concussive impacts will often immediately dismiss her constructs immediately as well. Also prolonged concentration on the use of her power, especially in stressful situations, eventually leads to dizziness, headaches, nausea and even migraines which further limit her ability to utilize her superhuman abilities, especially in precise manners.
Player Ons: Group Sex, M/F, Interracial Sex, Pregnancy, other things in my ons/offs
Player Offs: Same as in my sig. The usual stuff.
Player Limits:Ditto as above.
My Request Thread

jaybee55

Quote from: Thorn14 on May 25, 2012, 02:44:43 PM
Those are some good ideas. So perhaps she's not weak to light but instead needs it to form shadows.

My thought was maybe her willpower is frail as a second weakness, making her open to manipulations.

A few more possibilities if you're still looking for ideas: Maybe her creations can be dispelled using a sufficiently bright light (and/or darkness... what happens to shadows when it gets dark?).  Maybe the constructs require line-of-sight and/or concentration to maintain (i.e. are not autonomous).  If they are autonomous perhaps there's a risk that they will turn on her under certain circumstances (and, further, that a clever/observant super villain could figure this out).

(Yes, some of these are variations of what other people have suggested)

A fun character idea in any case.

AndyZ

Now, I can only speak for myself, but I never bought into the whole "complete darkness gets rid of shadows" argument.  I'm not fully understanding of the weaknesses as presented, but having played both Alan Wake and the Darkness games, I'd recommend more towards the light dispelling the shadows than having them suddenly disappear in the absence of light.

That said, my opinion only, so if that's what's preferred, I guess go with it.

Thorn14

In fairness, in the darkness, he was powered by the darkness itself, not shadows.

AndyZ

Quote from: Thorn14 on May 25, 2012, 03:05:25 PM
In fairness, in the darkness, he was powered by the darkness itself, not shadows.

Maybe I just don't get what the shadows would be if not darkness, or the absence of light.

Arioch

Quote from: AndyZ on May 25, 2012, 03:13:37 PM
Maybe I just don't get what the shadows would be if not darkness, or the absence of light.

It is a subtle distinction. The idea being that a shadow is formed when something blocks the existing light. While darkness is created with the absence of light. It can seem like semantics but in a comic book type setting has some good uses.

For an example, think of the recent solar eclipse, the moon cast a shadow upon the earth but it was still light out versus going into a cave and having the entrance sealed, now, there is no light at all.

Muse

Well, darkness is indeed the absence of light.  Shadow is more of an in between.  A complex layering of dark on light contrasts.  The brighter the room, the more defined the shadows cast are. 

Shadows are great for metaphor because they are both intricate things in and off themselves and an important part of universal experience. 

AndyZ

Okay.  I guess that's one take on things.

ivygrowth

Looks good Muse.

I don't mind a couple more Wolfy.

That could work AndyZ, depending on the level you see impacting her.

Thanks lunawuff

The character is interesting, but as mentioned the weakness may not quite fit Wolfy.  I guess aging is something of a weakness, but not quite in the way I had in mind.  I would prefer some way to stop her making constructs short of her dying of old age. 

While I don't have a strong opinion on the nature of shadows, ;)  it is a tough one to think of a good weakness for.  A bright light would be the obvious answer, though may not be the greatest.  I guess it would depend what sort of physical objects you see her making. 

Looks good Neysha, though makes me think Green Lantern.

I'd accept one or two more Katina

We do seem to be getting alot based on creating/changing objects.  Not that I mind, but I hope the players don't mind the overlap.

Thorn14

Noticed that as well. Seems my shadow power was almost similar to making objects, wondering if I should shift to something else like controlling light and darkness instead or continue with just "making shadows physical"

ivygrowth

It may be better for you to shift to controlling light/darkness, unless you were strongly attached to the idea of shadow constructs.  :-)  Make what you want to play.

The OOC thread (still a work in progress):
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141157.0

If you have any suggestions for locations within the city, please let me know.  I posted a few just to try and give the city a bit of character, but need to expand on their descriptions.

If your character is listed in the second post of the OOC thread, please feel free to post an introduction here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141233.0

The initial scene is intended to bring the characters together, though I won't be starting it until the last few people finish their characters.  For now, just roleplay your character doing whatever at the festival.

This isn't intended to rush those who are still working on their characters :-)  It is just intended to let those who are done roleplay their characters a bit.  So please don't let it scare you off ;)

JerichoMyers

I've been role playing a villain for quite some time now and I've gotten the hang of his game. Yes yes, I know it's a male but hear me out. I call him Spaz and he's more along the horror scene of villains; for example committing biological frankenstein-isk experiments for games. The patients usually die but it's more along the liens of self research for a bigger project. Unlike the other powers, his comes from a helmet. This helmet allows him to download any information into his brain. He doesn't fist fight, do the whole pissing contest but plays psychological games, tries to discourage Hero's, commit media mockery against them. Considering many other villains you see who approach scenario's head on blasting laser-beams, I think Spaz would be a tricky villain for the Hero team to contend with. I hope you consider the character.

AribethAmkiir

I was wondering if you were taking any more characters for this game? 

If so, I'd be interested in making a female teleporter. 

AndyZ

Name: Valerie Kyleson
Alias: Valkyrie
Appearance: Her superheroine costume is a black catsuit with a white cape split down the middle.  When showing off, she uses her ability to make the cape flutter like a pair of wings, although the wind does so for her often enough.  She's probably going to have to retailor it so that she can wear it under her normal clothes, but as of the start of the game, she'll have to get to her car in order to retrieve the costume.

Personality: Although mostly happy-go-lucky and kind, she does have a temper.
History: The only child of two lawyers, Valerie has spent most of her life content and wanting for little, although she always had the feeling that something was different about her.  For example, she could just recognize things about people without understanding why, possessed a knack for sports and seemed able to convince people of things. 

Such minor tricks never seemed much more than luck or talent until that fateful day in college, when she was attacked by a mugger while coming back from a party and fairly buzzed.  The sudden rage she felt as he ran off with her purse was overwhelming, and seemed to go from the metaphorical eye daggers of hatred which everyone feels from time to time, exploding into a sharp burst of pure force which rammed him against the brick wall.

She ran, barely able to snatch up her purse, and the awe of the revelation of her abilities mixed with the fear and shock of what she had done.  However, once the surprise faded and she considered matters, she knew that she had an obligation to use these abilities to fight crime.

Super Power #1: Telepathy.  She can send and receive conscious thoughts, echoing them like a signal booster so that a team can communicate with each other and she doesn't have to pass along thoughts.  (In game terms, once someone sends something to her, unless they specifically say that they only want her to hear, it'll be communicated to everyone to whom she's linked.)

She believes that she has to make eye contact with someone the first time she uses this power (she can be wearing sunglasses but she has to be able to see the eyes of the other person).  Once she's gotten used to someone, though, it stops being necessary, and she doesn't need to maintain eye contact in order to maintain a connection.

A secondary use of this power, though not one to which she's conscious, is a subliminal effect to keep most people from recognizing her unusual nature or realizing that Valerie Kyleson is Valkyrie.  (Basically how people never see Clark Kent with his glasses knocked off and instantly think Superman, except that her power accounts for it.)

Super Power #2: Telekinesis.  She's starting to figure out how to control herself in order to fly, but it takes effort and so far she's not able to do anything else with telekinesis while levitating.  At the start of the game, she hasn't yet figured out too many unconventional applications of this power, although I expect her to come up with things like barriers (holding the air in place to block attacks) and so on as time goes on.

When she loses her cool, she also loses her fine motor control over her telekinesis, instead amplifying her raw power.  She stops trying to merely lift someone off the ground in order to halt their escape and instead uses buffering force to slam them against the wall.

Weakness:  Sensory overstimulation.  While a person with fewer than five senses is able to compensate to some degree by focusing more easily upon those remaining, her brain is struggling to keep up with the extra stimulation, leaving her prone to being overwhelmed.  Car horns and sirens can lead to headaches and dizzy spells, while strobes and flashbang grenades can render her unconscious.  Extended exposure can quickly lead to disorientation. 

She does her best to avoid parties and crowds, and while she tries to attend the annual festival, it's usually from a safe distance.

Player Ons: F/F, nurses, bunnygirls, sybians, I enjoy playing futa but I don't expect that to come up here
Player Offs: Mutilation, Lobotomization, Bodily Waste, Soul Stealing
Player Limits: Not really sure on the difference between Offs and Limits.  Here's my O/O thread.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102977.0
[/quote]

ivygrowth

Quote from: ivygrowth on May 22, 2012, 05:21:59 PM

In a conflict between a Villain(ess) and a Heroine, the results would have to be decided by the players in advance, or would have to be left open so I could post the results. 

I am willing to accept one or two more villains (males allowed) as you long as you have read the above.

I am still willing to accept one or two more characters AribethAmkiir, so if interested please post a character. :-)

Looks good AndyZ.  I'll add her to the OOC thread.

AribethAmkiir

Name: Nichole Ransom
Alias: Nikki

Appearance:  Dark eyes, blonde hair, and tan skin portend Nikki’s Latin heritage.  Her tone muscles and flat abs are the result of her genetics and active lifestyle.  She is 5’6” and 130 lbs., and like most super-heroines is stacked in the bust department.

Personality: The title “free spirit” falls short in describing Nikki.  She is an outgoing and energetic individual who can’t seem to sit still.  She is constantly on the go, and becomes irritable when she is bored or restless.  While outgoing, Nikki doesn’t speak about herself much and often guides conversations toward those around her.  She loves to have a good time and her favorite way to express this desire is through alcohol and partying and to the intuitive individual it is quite obvious that Nichole has addictive tendencies.  While most definitely not a lady in the traditional sense of the word, Nikki can put on airs and speaks with a southern drawl.

History: Nichole was born, Nichole Marie Barosso in Atlanta, Georgia, to a debutant and a southern banker.  Nikki was rebellious and wild from an early age, and by the time she was thirteen her parents sent her to a finishing school for young women.  Instead of conforming to the expectations placed upon her by her parents, Nikki learned how to hide her hedonistic ways and gravitated toward young women who shared Nikki’s “zeal for life”.

Due to Nikki’s genetic makeup, she bloomed young and due to her nature, well-developed form, and choices in friends she became sexually active not long after.  At the age of sixteen, immediately after a tryst with a teacher, her powers became active and she found herself with nothing but a sheet twenty miles from where she’d been.  Despite the horrible first experience with her powers, Nikki slowly learned to accept them and then even exploit her abilities.  Teleportation made it much easier to sneak in and out at night, or even in broad daylight.  She also found that it was quite useful in getting away from bad situations, which she found herself in quite often.

She graduated from her prep school without honors or a decent GPA, much to the chagrin of her parents.  However, due to their own marital strife, neither parent was eager to demonstrate the “tough love” that Nikki needed.  Instead, Nikki was quite content to do it all over in college, which after a year and half, she dropped out of.  After dropping out of college, Nichole did little more than party and spend her parent’s money.  She developed a drug habit, and began leading a dual life.  She used her teleportation ability to steal, transport drugs, and, at times, completely disappear.  It wasn’t until her dependency began to interfere with her ability to teleport did Nikki realize that she had a problem.  By that time, she was too deep into the criminal organization to get out easily, and without her ability to teleport she had to discover and use different ways to smuggle the drugs her bosses expected her to move.

Luckily for her, she fell in love with an undercover D.E.A. agent, Cole Ransom, who helped her get clean.  Once clean, she helped him take down the drug ring and was exonerated due to her cooperation.  Shortly after the big bust, the two of them were married.  Their happiness, however, didn’t last long as he died in a car accident only six months after their wedding.  The only thing that kept her from reverting to her old life was his partner and friends in the D.E.A.  With their encouragement and support, and the memory of her husband, she was able to return and finish college.  For the last year, she has worked as an agent with the D.E.A., though, with great difficulty, she has been able to keep her super power secret.

Super Power #1: Teleportation.  Nichole is able to teleport within a fifty mile radius.  She is more comfortable with teleportations within her line of sight, though she can accurately teleport to a place she is familiar with.  While she is capable of “blind” teleports, it is her experience that they often have undesirable consequences and will only do so with extreme need.  She is also capable of teleporting objects and people with her as long as she is in physical contact with them.
Super Power #2: Above human physical condition.
Weakness: Nikki can easily become addicted to a number of stimulants.  Her current addictions include: alcohol, sex, and teleporting.  Severe withdrawal or dependency will interfere with her ability to teleport making it a slower and more difficult process or even completely preventing it depending on the severity of her dependency/withdrawal. 

Her ability to teleport is limited to "line of sight" and untrained.  There are also a number of things she doesn’t know in regards to her ability and what she does know is based on past experiences and theory.  For instance, she has no knowledge of what would happen should she teleport into an occupied space.  She is also currently limited to teleporting 500 lbs or two other individuals with her.  Blind teleporting results in unpredictable consequences (GM's discretion).

For a comprehensive O/O list look here
Player Ons: M/F, F/F, Group, NC (especially coercion and mind-control).
Player Offs: Hard vore, scat, water-sport, feeding/weight gain, mutilation, deformation, etc.
Player Limits: Will post frequently (1-2 times a day, or more.  Come July, this will likely decrease.)

Darwishi

Color me interested.  Is there any power set that you need or are looking for at the moment?  There's a slew of characters in my signature plus I can always create one more if needed.

Arioch

I don't think we have anyone that can fly or with amazing speed.

ivygrowth

I like her, but might prefer a slightly stronger weakness as well.  Maybe she can't teleport through certain types of materials (or her range is much more limited when going through solid objects), or can't teleport when in contact with certain materials (I am thinking lead or gold, but is just a thought). 

What sort of "undesirable consequences" did you have in mind for blind teleports?

We have Sonic Blasts, Super Strength, Silence, Technology Modification, Electricity, Light Constructs, and Telepathy/Telekinesis approved.

We have Teleportation, Shadows, Life Force in the process of being created. 

Assuming I didn't miss anyone.  I'm not sure what would fit well with that. 

I will probably cut it off to new applicants after Darwishi (new applicants being anyone who hasn't posted in this thread expressing interest, if you have done so, but just don't have a character in yet, you can still join :-) ).  We should have more than enough to start (and may end up in two or three groups depending how things go IC), though I may open it up again once we have gotten going. 

Darwishi

I've got a character named Haste that could fill a speedster role, otherwise I was thinking maybe Heatwave or Infinity from the link in my signature?

Sorry for all the broken picture links, I've been reorganizing my photobucket account, I'll get to updating the links soon.

ivygrowth

I do think we have a couple of people who can fly already.  Heatwave might would work (admittedly, just skimmed them), though would probably need a slightly stronger weakness to bring her into line with the others.

Darwishi

How about I post a profile up for Haste and Heatwave and you can tell me which one you like more? ^_^

AndyZ

Valkyrie can telekinetically lift herself, which isn't much faster than she can run, so a flyer who can move at closer to airplane speeds would certainly have a place.  (Admittedly didn't read the links; just wanted to give the notice quick that I wouldn't feel slighted or anything.)

ivygrowth

You can post both if you like, or just pick whichever you would prefer to play ;)  I didn't notice Haste in your list. 

AribethAmkiir

I left "undesirable consequences" vague so that the GM could have fun with it.  I was thinking of anything from completely missing the location and ending up falling into the dumpster/river/lake/pool/etc to something more drastic like appearing in the middle of a busy intersection or a wall/solid object which would cause grievous bodily harm to the character.

I don't mind reducing her range, if you wanted.  Not being able to teleport when in contact with gold or lead, doesn't seem logical to me.  When compared to canonical teleporters she's fairly limited, but I don't mind limiting her further.  Maybe simply to line of sight.  With her initial teleportation a fluke or possibly the promise of what she might be able to accomplish one day.  In fact, now that I'm thinking about it more, would limiting her to "line of sight" work better for the game?  If you really wanted we could make it so that she can't teleport if in contact with gold.  I just personally dislike the "kryptonite" weaknesses for characters.

Darwishi

Quote from: ivygrowth on May 26, 2012, 08:41:24 PM
You can post both if you like, or just pick whichever you would prefer to play ;)  I didn't notice Haste in your list.

Yeah, Haste isn't in there.  I just kind of came up with a list of who I'd like to play at the time of posting it cause I was sick of people asking me what characters I had. =P

I still wind up coming up with original ones.  I'd probably have suggested Mercy (which is also not on the list) but you already have a screamer, so yeah.

Also do you want Haste in your character sheet format or more of the format of my detailed characters on my sheet?

ivygrowth

Ah, okay :-)  I may have fun with that  >:)

I don't mind her range in general, and we don't have to use the metal ideas :-)   My main thought in suggesting it was that if she can always teleport, there is never going to be a situation she can't escape from. 

Line of Sight could work if you don't mind it, and could be overcome for ranged travel by just going up into the air to increase what she can see. 

I do like the idea of blind teleports with unpredictable results though.  Is a tough one.   :-\

I would prefer them in the simple format I have. 

AribethAmkiir

I'll make those changes. 

I think line of sight makes it so that she can't teleport away from certain situations, also with her addictive tendencies anything that could alter her cognition level to the degree I tried to describe would hinder her ability to teleport.  I do see your concern though, especially considering the type of game you want to create.

I think the best solution would be having a "line of sight" limit with blind jumps resulting in unpredictable results, as well as, the weaknesses already listed.  That way you as GM won't always have to get her addicted, use mind control, gas, or other intoxicants to prevent her escape and the character won't have to spend 90% of her free time in detox.  :p

What do you think?

ivygrowth

Darwishi

I was gonna suggest that maybe she has to take things with her that are relatively light (like clothing) and in contact with her.  So maybe if she's tied up she could teleport out, but she'd still be tied up whenever she got to where she was going.

If you do line of sight, a good weakness is a simple blindfold. ^_^ 

I'm kind of leaning towards Haste because she has some of these "natural" weaknesses too.  Heatwave's abilities never really get shut off, per se, but she's a lot more fleshy (meaning she can be shot or stabbed or injected with toxins easily).

AribethAmkiir

All right, I've edited the character sheet to fix it to line of sight.  Is there anything else I need to change?

AndyZ

Just my thoughts, since other folks were nice enough to chime in for me.  Fair warning it gets exceptionally metaphysical, so feel free to just ignore if I'm too off.

When she teleports, how does she determine location?  Does she have some sort of ESP link that forms a connection to a place, or does she conjure an image of the place and her mind shunts her off in that direction?

Basically, is it possible that if she's thinking of a white room with a sofa and a TV, and there just so happens to be a similar room clear across town that was nowhere near where she wanted, would there be any chance of accidentally going to the wrong place?

I strongly recommend against the whole teleporting into solid objects thing.  Although she might be afraid of it happening, I've heard theories that it would make you explode, or that the close proximity of various types of atoms would fuse them together, so that carbon and iron might fuse to the sum of their atomic numbers, and other nasty nasty nasty things that would be instant character death.

I've also seen things where people will end up teleported several feet above where they wanted to be, leaving them in for a nasty landing.  Depending on how her teleportation works, she might even have to account for the movement of the Earth.

On stranger methods of hazards, I've seen at least one story where someone teleported and it took several hours, even though he had no recollection of any time having passed during that time.  Presumably he got a little scrambled and it took some time for all his molecules to get back together in the right order.

If desired, I'll try to remember some of the other zany ones I remember from old stories, in order to spice things up with interesting complications.

Thorn14

ivygrowth

Haste should work, post her when you can. :-)

Looks good AribethAmkiir, I added her to the OOC thread, feel free to post her introduction in the IC thread.

Interesting thoughts, which could factor in for blind teleports.  Teleporting into a solid object probably won't happen, just because it does seem nasty regardless of the result, though I could see her displacing solid objects in a blind teleport, accidentally blowing up a tree or similar.

Sounds good Thorn14 :-)

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: AndyZ
When she teleports, how does she determine location?  Does she have some sort of ESP link that forms a connection to a place, or does she conjure an image of the place and her mind shunts her off in that direction?

Initially I was thinking that this with a combination of seeing where she wanted to go and going there, like throwing a ball, would be how she teleports.

Quote from: AndyZBasically, is it possible that if she's thinking of a white room with a sofa and a TV, and there just so happens to be a similar room clear across town that was nowhere near where she wanted, would there be any chance of accidentally going to the wrong place?

Which would in fact make this possible, though unlikely due to the fact that the two rooms would have to be 100% identical.

Quote from: AndyZI strongly recommend against the whole teleporting into solid objects thing.  Although she might be afraid of it happening, I've heard theories that it would make you explode, or that the close proximity of various types of atoms would fuse them together, so that carbon and iron might fuse to the sum of their atomic numbers, and other nasty nasty nasty things that would be instant character death.

I would concur, though, I'm leaving that to the GM"s discretion.

Quote from: AndyZI've also seen things where people will end up teleported several feet above where they wanted to be, leaving them in for a nasty landing.  Depending on how her teleportation works, she might even have to account for the movement of the Earth.

This would be the typical "unpredictable consequences" from a "blind" teleport, in my opinion.  Though the zanier the better, too.

Quote from: AndyZOn stranger methods of hazards, I've seen at least one story where someone teleported and it took several hours, even though he had no recollection of any time having passed during that time.  Presumably he got a little scrambled and it took some time for all his molecules to get back together in the right order.

With GM approval, I may use this if I have to take a temporary leave of absence.

Quote from: AndyZIf desired, I'll try to remember some of the other zany ones I remember from old stories, in order to spice things up with interesting complications.

I don't see the harm in that.  Could be a lot of fun, and at the very least it'd give our GM some ideas.

With changing her powers to "line of sight" I think it'd work more like tossing a ball, and for simplicities sake, can we simply state that part of her ability to teleport takes in wind speed, planet rotation, and whatever else so that she can hit her mark with accuracy?

JerichoMyers

Dammit! Damn my long hours at work....... If anyone is inactive or quits, can you message me? I already have about half, a bit over, of the profile done but since Thorn is making his, I'll wait. Also, my post is done...... I love writing with the character, so I wrote the post first..... Yes yes, stupid me.

AndyZ

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 26, 2012, 09:27:54 PM
Initially I was thinking that this with a combination of seeing where she wanted to go and going there, like throwing a ball, would be how she teleports.

Which would in fact make this possible, though unlikely due to the fact that the two rooms would have to be 100% identical.

I would concur, though, I'm leaving that to the GM"s discretion.

This would be the typical "unpredictable consequences" from a "blind" teleport, in my opinion.  Though the zanier the better, too.

With GM approval, I may use this if I have to take a temporary leave of absence.

I don't see the harm in that.  Could be a lot of fun, and at the very least it'd give our GM some ideas.

With changing her powers to "line of sight" I think it'd work more like tossing a ball, and for simplicities sake, can we simply state that part of her ability to teleport takes in wind speed, planet rotation, and whatever else so that she can hit her mark with accuracy?

I'll think on it to try to get some more.  I do want to note, though, that you should consider whether momentum and velocity are maintained.  If you've played Portal, you understand what I'm going with for this, but if not, if she falls out of a plane and teleports after hitting terminal velocity, is she going at terminal velocity after the teleport?

If it helps to know, Nightcrawler does maintain velocity.

As far as the "wrong room" trick, though, I would imagine that if it's a blind teleport, and she's going by her memory alone, it may very well be possible that she just ends up with a place that mostly fits the spot in her mind's eye.  Doubly so if she doesn't really know much about the place and is forced to try to teleport there without a good mental image.  However, your char, your call.

Presumably the 50 mile limit is maintained, so she can't accidentally end up in Taiwan.

For sake of clarification, I should probably have asked before if she's aware of direction and location for teleports, which would have gone into the whole wrong room thing.  Too late now, not a big deal, but it's something I should remember.

ivygrowth

The throwing the ball idea is fine.  With blind teleports things will get alot iffier ;)

The cut off was meant for heroines and those who haven't posted in this thread already, sorry if that wasn't clear.  As you wanted to play a villain, and have posted, you're fine JerichoMyers ;)

I'd be fine with her being able to decide whether or not to maintain momentum with each teleport, though I doubt she could build momentum directly by teleporting, but will leave it up to Aribeth to decide. 

AribethAmkiir

I was keeping Nightcrawler in mind when I was building the character, and I know he often has to try to decrease his speed (when falling) so he doesn't go splat.  Hopefully what I write is at least believable if not 100% scientifically accurate.

Darwishi

EDIT: Done!

Name: Alexis Swift
Alias: Haste
Height: 5'8"
Hair: Raven black.  As Alexis it's down in curls to her midback.  As Haste she pulls it back into a tight ponytail.
Eyes: Extremely dark brown.  Often her eyes are considered black.
Appearance: Alexis is a beautiful woman with an athletic build and chocolate colored skin.  Her natural beauty doesn't require much make-up at all, which allows her to wear very minimal amounts, and never having to worry about it getting smeared in the middle of battle.  She has small B-cup breasts, long toned legs and a nice bubble butt.  Though by the standards of most black girls her butt is on the small side.  If she could get away with jeans and a tank top at school she would, but most often she'll wear a proper, knee-length skirt or pants suit to class.
Images

Personality: Alexis is a smart and tough English teacher that enjoys making the kids in her class use their brains rather than do drills over and over again.  Creativity is her philosophy and she wants the teens to really get creative.  At school she's the teacher that kids enjoy going to, but those not in her class think she's extremely strict.  It's not to say that she's not strict, but the rules are the rules in her class and no one is going to push the boundaries or even test them without serious consequences.  Once they get past that, she's actually a fun teacher and will help any student out that needs help with an assignment.

In costume, Haste is a different person.  It's not that she doesn't hold the same values as she does in her classroom, she does.  In fact she believes that there are serious consequences for breaking the law and she's not afraid to beat up a couple of thugs (even if their in her class) to teach them a lesson.  She works well with the police officers, able to shoot the shit with them if she has a little bit of downtime.  She opens up a little more as Haste than she does as Alexis.  A psychologist may say it's because of the mask, able to hide behind it without consequence, but she'd say it's no different than letting go when going out clubbing. 

History: Alexis grew up on the rough side of town and has always had a bit of a rough edge to her.  She's come across her abilities naturally having had both parents be metahumans.  When she was around eight she came into a situation that she couldn't get out of.  There was a shootout and a bullet came through her bedroom window striking her dead between the eyes.  The young Alexis that that was it, that death must feel like a sharp pain and then nothing more.

However that wasn't the case at all.  She come around the next morning convinced that she woke up in Hell.  It took a bit of convincing from her mother and father that she wasn't in Hell but still in the same rough neighborhood they'd always lived in.  The process took about a year to full get over between sessions with her school counselor, but more importantly the English teacher at her school.  She got her feelings out on paper and managed to get through it after roughly a year.

Knowing that she was unbreakable did empower her a good deal.  She thought she'd be a heroine like her mom had been, and in her early teens she took up the role as "Brickhouse" in her neighborhood.  Once her mom and dad found out she got grounded for what seemed like forever and scolded and hugged.  She was told that they just worried for her safety and that being a superhero was no game.  She insisted that she knew, but like many things when you're a kid, you just don't know

Alexis really didn't get her first real-world experience until she was seventeen.  She'd filled out and had the nice curvy hips, full breasts, and a beautiful smile.  She'd been walking home from school after she missed the bus.  When three guys confronted her and ordered her to take off her clothes she looked at them like they were insane.  After they rushed her she ran in the other direction.  She ran and ran, until she suddenly realized she was clear across the county in only her panties and tank top.  Her shoes and pants had burned from the sudden burst of speed.

She kept it a secret from her parents but she got a swimsuit, figuring that it would hold up to her running, some boots with a three inch heel and a domino mask.  She managed to actually clean up a couple of blocks near her house and start up a few rumors about a new superheroine roaming the streets.  The ability to dodge bullets and kick ass got her adrenaline up as a late teen and even at college she could do no wrong. 

Alexis was two years into college before her first defeat.  She chased down a purse snatcher up to a rooftop.  He managed to lose her and then shoved her off the five-story dormitory.  She fell and slammed into the pavement.  When he realized she didn't die he took her back to his place, tied her up, stripped her, and then proceeded to humiliate her.  He forced her to so many orgasms she lost count, then he raped her every hole all the while forcing her to enjoy it.  She did manage an escape after that and kicked his ass.

A few short months later the city recognized her as a heroine of the people.  As she was now to be a public figure they gave her new golden suit that would keep up with her abilities, and an earpiece that she could use to contact the authorities.  People would recognize her on sight and run away, she'd chase them down, get them arrested and go to the next crime scene. 

Over time she gained quite the reputation for cleaning up a lot of the rougher neighborhoods.  Able to continue her day job and clean up the streets by molding young minds to be creative rather than destructive, and her night job by teaching them the consequences for breaking the law.  Now at 32 she's scarcely been defeated (although it has happened a few times) and protects her part of the city (the "inner city") as best she can.

Super Power #1: Super Speed. Alexis can move at speeds well above the sound barrier.  And while she hasn't been able to clock her fastest speed, she knows she can easily cause several sonic booms in one run.  If she ran full blast for two hours without needing to stop for food or to catch her breath, or needing to dodge such things as people, trees, or buildings, she could theoretically run around the world at the equator once.  However sustaining such a speed for such a time has proven, as of yet, impossible for her.  She can react extremely fast as well, allowing her to dodge or even catch bullets shot at her.
Super Power #2: Unbreakable.  As one might imagine running at such speeds causes a lot of stress on the body. It would be useless to have such power without a secondary power to back it up.  Her skin, muscles, tendons, organs, bones and all are unbreakable.  Meaning if she trips while running several times the speed of sound she'll bounce, skid, and careen around for a while, but she won't die from a simple trip and fall...or from running into a bug at such speeds.  It also has the added benefit of being bullet proof and slash proof.  A minor result of this is her natural beauty.  Most people have cells that start to break down at a certain age (between 25 and 30 typically), but Alexis' cells don't do this.  After she reached her peak at 27 she plateau here and hasn't aged since. 

Equipment:
Costume: Haste's costume is made of a material that can stand up to her and her insane speeds.  Because of the speeds she runs at the costume has to be skin tight, though not so tight it looks painted on.  The costume itself is a soft, shiny gold color, and full body. The costume is also backless with an X much like a one-piece swimsuit would have to hold it up and secure.  It covers her legs and her front but not her arms.  She wears boots with a three-inch heel, just enough to give her legs some definition but not impossible to run in.  They are also gold in color and can stand up to her abilities.  Finally she wears a sleek gold domino mask over the top half of her face to help conceal her identity.  Helpful since half the thugs she runs into go to the same school she's a teacher.

Weakness:
Bondage: As much as she'd hate to admit it, she can't run if her legs are tied up.  She might be able to flail around really fast, but a good hogtie can keep her down.  Though anything to keep her feet immobile will work.
Trip Wires: Wires can be set up to trip her up.  She can't watch the ground while she's running or she'd simply run into something.  Wires up high or down low tend to work, when moving at super speeds it's plain hard to see a wire.  She can be clotheslined or tripped up, or a trap could be set to trigger if she trips a wire.  At any rate they're difficult to see.
Sticky Situations: Similarly an extremely sticky surface could bind her legs up long enough that she'll trip and fall, or that she'll fall into more of the goop. 
Slippery Surfaces: It's not impossible to run on slippery surfaces, but it is hard to stop or otherwise turn. 
Drugs: Inhaled, ingested, or absorbed through the skin all work on her.  While she may not be able to be injected with anything, many other delivery methods work.
Unbreakable. Not Invincible: While she can't break a bone in her body, get a scratch, or shot.  That doesn't mean that things don't still hurt.  Getting shot is painful, or punched in the face.  Getting tossed off a tall building or run over by a trailer truck would still knock her out and give her a migraine afterwards.  While she doesn't bruise, the immediate pain is still there as are lingering pains, such as if she got kicked in the crotch.
Incredible Appetite: Alexis burns an incredible amount of calories when she's running around saving lives.  It requires her to eat massive amounts of food in order to keep up her healthy figure. 
Sneak Attack: A sneak attack works well with her.  Anything she can see coming can be dodged, but hit her from a blindspot (particularly behind her) and she won't be able to react in time. 
Costume: Her costume has to be stretchy in order for it to work right on her frame and while she's using her abilities.  If it weren't she'd burn a hole in it due to friction between just the fabric and her skin, not to mention her legs rubbing together or other such things.  The extra "stretch" in it allows it to move with her and flex when it needs to.  However this also means that she can be raped straight through the costume without needing to take it off.

Player Ons/Offs: Seriously too long to list.
Player Limits: I should be able to post once a day or at least once every two days.  If not then I'll give a heads up in the OOC.

Thorn14

Name:Tessa Fianna Klerx
Alias: Tess
Appearance:
Personality: Tessa is friendly and at times sarcastic and joking with people she knows well. Around superiors she is polite and a bit shy around strangers and meek when under pressure.
History:Tessa has always lived a sheltered life, being raised at home for most of her childhood, home schooled, and generally not knowing much of the real world. She still had a few friends of course, and was friendly and social enough, but never went out to party and drink and other things expected out of her. Going into photography and digital editing, this bit her in the butt. Not having much contacts or the ability make them caused her to not find much luck pertaining to her career, and instead was just only coasting on a low wage job. Her stress over this reached an apex, having a minor stress panic attack. To help her out her parents funded her a trip to Dream Lake, on her own, to relax and be on her own. After exploring a cave she wandered and became lost, where in the dark cave she bumped into a crystal, changing her life forever...
Super Power #1: Manipulation of Light and Darkness. She can create light or darkness to brighten up an area to a blinding degree or snuff all the light out of an area.
Super Power #2: She can create various energy blasts of light and darkness,
Weakness: The concentration and darkness in her head makes her mind and willpower weaker than usual for a super. Also, bright light can stun her.
Player Ons: Seductive women, mind control, illusions, magic.
Player Offs: Messy sex, hard torture, pregnancy
Player Limits: scat, gore, vore, urine, that stuff. (Unless limit means when I can post, I can post pretty frequently, especially if I'm having a lot of fun.)

Darwishi

I don't think it's possible for me to write a "short" profile. XDD

Thorn14

ivygrowth

She looks good Darwishi, though if you see her working/superheroing in Dream Lake she may not fit great.  I'm not sure there would be a true rough side of town/inner city at the moment.  There might be a few bad spots, but nothing like in a huge city.  She could be there on vacation or similar though.

Looks good as well Thorn14.  How bright of a light is required to stun her Thorn14?  And how do you see her weaker willpower working?  Is she gullible?  Easily mind controlled?

Darwishi

I left the city out on purpose.  Typically I have her in an Atlanta analog, but knowing this is in Washington I was hesitant.

Vacation works for me, obviously she doesn't need airfare. =P

Or she could be called out there for some reason, I figure as her popularity grew she probably got called out of town for various things since she's able to get there pretty quick.

Also she also has a partner, Vendetta, in the Atlanta analog, which fits in with the superheroine team thing.  Maybe if she was called away then it leaves it to Vendetta to watch over Terminus City (which is what I generally call the city).  She definitely teaches at an inner city school, not sure if I made that clear or not. 

So vacation, or she's chased a villain up here, or she's chased just someone in general...really could be a lot of things, I don't mind which ever one and her getting wrapped up in team things.

Thorn14

Probably something like a heavy spotlight will weaken her.

And Yeah, probably easily seduced, manpulated, and mind controlled. If it were DnD she'd have a low willpower roll.

ivygrowth

That works Darwishi, I added you to the OOC thread, feel free to post in the IC thread.

Hmm, I may bug you about the weakness later Thorn14, but for now have added you to the OOC thread as well, please start posting in the IC thread when you can.  :-)

Unless I missed anyone (and if so, please let me know, my apologies) I think that is most everyone who wanted to play a Heroine.  Please post an introduction in the IC thread, and I will probably put up the first plot post tomorrow.

On a side note, if there is any specific plot or situation you see/desire for your character, let me know.  I can't promise to include it, but will try to work it in at some point. 

OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141157.0
IC-1: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141233.0

Thorn14

Feel free to PM me whenever.  :-)

JerichoMyers

Name: Wayne Snipes
Alias: Spaz/Spazzoid
Appearance:
Personality: It's hard to predict what Spaz's personality is in a whole. He's so sporadic and unpredictable that one can't precisely put a tac to what's actually going on. One thing is for sure, he's very analytic, consistently analyzing. His visage as an insane, schizophrenic engineer/surgeon puts many on edge simply because of the diabolical nature this visage is represented. Truthfully, Spaz's mind doesn't stay on one direct course of thought but consistently moves, adapting. For example, he could be ballroom dancing, the next preforming lobotomies and tossing confetti to celebrate said person's lobotomy. Different scenario's will cause his personality to take drastic changes, from suave dancer to maniacal doctor. Reason being; he's inconsistent and doesn't understand his true intelligence and unrelenting prowess. This causes many faces to occur through his personality, though many show the same characteristics as the other.
History: Spaz, or previously known 'Wayne Snipes' hails from the metropolis city of Berlin Germany. Back in his younger days, while attending college for mechanics and engineering, he was an entirely different person. Occasional drugs, ridiculous euphoria induced raves, little mechanical gizmo's weren't beyond him. He never questioned good things and went about life in perfect bliss, one that seemed intangible to the reality around him. From the beginning, some would say Wayne was mentally unstable and showed tendency towards insanity for his loose grip on reality. Friends and family always worried and contemplated treatment, such as psychiatric or medicated assistance but he evidently refused said aid. He was quite self reliant, responsible, and capable of protecting himself from potential mental melt down. In an unrelated case, his work within the engineering field brought the attention of fellow students. They were working, creating a project that would enhance human mental capabilities. Through research, programming, and other means, they crafted a computerized helmet that could attach to the participants spinal cord and brain stem. This helmet would elevate brain capacity, activating portions of the brain and abusing said activity. Long story short, it forces the brain to work at full capacity.

For months, there were no volunteers, no one was willing to take the risk of defection of the helmet and risk their own lives. Wayne, whom grew tired of patience, took it upon himself to test the helmet he created, with their help, of course. What would have been a glorious moment turned to utter tragedy. When the helmet was properly surgically placed, his brain became unstable, it's activity becoming too sporadic for himself to handle. Information was constantly flowing at an alarming rate from a wireless internet connection, feeding Wayne knowledge he'd never even considered. Taking on an intense seizure, Wayne fell into a comma shortly after. Attempts were made to remove the helmet, but unless they wanted to turn him into a vegetable, there was no plausible way. Weeks would later pass and Wayne finally awoke...... But not Wayne. While in the comma, the helmet was literately reprogramming Wayne's brain to what is now Spaz's liking. He would become the man he dreamed of being, with the capabilities to do so. Since then, Spaz has ventured around the world, preforming miracles, causing havoc among humanity. There are no motives to his actions, such as the gas crisis in Spain. Hired to develop chemical weapons, he developed and released said weapons on Spain's citizens to personally bask in his own accomplishment. To this day, Spaz is considered one of the dangerous criminals in the world. Many find his insanity inspirational, others find it terrifying.
Super Power #1: Spaz's helmet gives him incredible mental capabilities. He's easily more intelligent then most, possibly all geniuses. This is do to the helmets simple purpose to improve human brain development and activity. He's gone beyond the threshold of normal brain activity and accomplished the entire one hundred percent of brain capacity. His IQ is constantly evolving because the helmet literately downloads any information that can be downloaded. Unfortunately, this mass amounts of information has overwhelmed his psyche turning him mildly insane. Aside from that, he can easily perceive outcomes to most situations. He may not be able to avoid, such as seeing say Haste zooming in to strike him, but accepts these outcomes. An ability that could be compared to seeing into the future only moments ahead.  Note; this doesn't mean he's a super fight who can dodge anything, he doesn't normally fight or care to do so.
Super Power #2: Spaz has complete control over his nerves and mental state. Psychics would have an increasingly difficult time trying to possess or read Spaz's thoughts because of the advances complexities hardwired into his brain. He can sense them trying to enter and, without much trouble, remove them. Also, the helmet, where it's hooked into Spaz's spinal cord and brainstem, can halt nerve messages trying to be received. This, subsequently, allows to ignore all pain, but keep in mind the damage is still done.
Weakness: He doesn't have any powers that physically enhance his body, such as speed or strength. He's mainly human and doesn't fight. You wouldn't catch him trading fists with another Hero, so I would consider that a weakness considering everyone's other characters. And after reading Mecha, she would be a weakness. If she touches the helmet, she has complete control over him, not speech or thought wise but movement wise.
Player Ons: So...... I'm not going to go by my on's but try to stay true with the character, since me and Spaz may differ considering the caliber of character we are. His on..... Would have to be some one controlling, very controlling. He's usually always in control, always one step ahead. Though he's never really been concern about sex or love, if he ever met some one that could actually tame his insanity, that would be a turn on. Though, I'd imagine it'd be quite difficult to even go about that.
Player Offs: Not sure what my off's are, and considering Spaz doesn't even think about said subject, I couldn't imagine where to begin.
Player Limits: Whatever happens, happens. If we're having sex and all that crazy stuff in this role play, I think I can live through a bit more.

I don't like using real people for my characters. Just some thing about it that sorta creeps me out. If I was to use real people, I'd more then likely use myself. Hehe

Sorry for the delay, went out for coffee with the sister last night and ended up crashing at her place. I gotta go to work now but I have my post all ready. When and if I get accepted, I'll post when I get off.

ivygrowth

Looks good Jericho, I'll try to think of a good way to include you in the plot.  I added you to the OOC list of characters, though you won't fit into the IC thread yet.

JerichoMyers

It's all good and I understand. The post I made wasn't meant to be replied to, more or less some thing to read. He's just talking to manikins about creating a cure for super powers. He uses examples and all that.... Though, considering the places, I may have to rehash it. Eh, it was still fun writing.