News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Unread Posts

Started by Greenthorn, March 20, 2009, 09:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

I thought...oh that's cool...I can click on the "Unread Post" next to each title (Example: Important Stuff            Unread Posts)

But then I tried it.  It does not show all of the unread posts that are within each forum.  So...what exactly -does- the unread post linky show?  I can't seem to find a pattern...thought maybe it only showed things I have posted in...but that was wrong...

Vek?  Some magical secret to it?

jouzinka

I gotta say that it works perfectly for me, GT (on FF 3.0.7, XP Pro/Win Vista/Win 7 beta, Veks).

Have you tried clearing your cache? It sometimes works for me when I'm having troubles with read/unread/updated topics.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Greenthorn

Quote from: jouzinka on March 20, 2009, 09:44:23 AM
I gotta say that it works perfectly for me, GT (on FF 3.0.7, XP Pro/Win Vista/Win 7 beta, Veks).

Have you tried clearing your cache? It sometimes works for me when I'm having troubles with read/unread/updated topics.

Well..if it had worked the first time I clicked it (now mind you, I'm speaking of the unread posts link in the title bars, not the one up top)...I would assume it was me...but it's never worked properly.  I just clicked on "Unread Posts" for the "Gaming and Role Playing" board.  It only showed me 10 unread posts.  I thought...well maybe I have read some at one point...but there's at least 12 posts which I've never, ever clicked on.

Strange linky...it's evil...probably there to drive me nuts!

Dawg

I think it all posts in there that have new posts that are marked as having not been read since the last time you marked them read.

That's the pattern it uses for me.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Vekseid

It may have a time limit. And also if you've ever clicked on mark all as read.

Dunno, not going to bother looking up the query :-p

Greenthorn

Quote from: Dawg on March 20, 2009, 09:48:40 AM
I think it all posts in there that have new posts that are marked as having not been read since the last time you marked them read.

That's the pattern it uses for me.

Nope...as above...there were 12 that I never ever read or clicked on...and more than 20 that were "new" when I looked to gather info for this post ;D

Well fine, Vek!  Let it drive me insane!  That's fine!  I'll...I'll....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

;)