The Lost Legions (OOC/Discussion)

Started by Aiden, April 16, 2009, 01:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

So starting off in the Non-Adult until we discuss what we each want from the game.

When it started it was with me and Desan, following the story of men who might have survived or escaped the massacre in the Teutoburg forest.

If some want to have a few run in with native women or return to Roman wives, I am very open to that.

My personal limit, I will not dong any male/male scenes, even if homosexuality was very accepted back in the day.

Any new people who wish to join in on the discussion, feel free to join.

Lyrus

Well I'm the sort of guy who, when I enter Group Roleplays, prefer to focus on the non-adult nature of it. But I'm open, so I'm basically fine for anything people might want to add.
TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

Aiden

I want to play a Roman soldier, maybe a 5-10 year vet, very loyal to Rome and very distrustful of the Germanic adviser trained in Roman combat, on the "rebellion" across the forest.

Those who wish to be Roman, we can all be part of the same legion, division.

Kroduk

I generally prefer to focus on the less adult aspects of any game, though I would like to note that I do very much enjoy stabbing things. ^^
Ons and Offs

How can I be lost,
If I've got nowhere to go?
Search for seas of gold
How come it's got so cold?
How can I be lost?
In remembrance I relive.
And how can I blame you
When it's me I can't forgive?

Lyrus

How far in Roman Warfare and Organisation are we talking about? Early Period? Late Period? There were some important reforms as time went by.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Desan

Lost legions..doesn't the time period center around when the germanic tribes began invading europe? Or where there just rebellions, Ill have to check up on that.

Anyways

My ideal character would probably be a recruit, new and clean. Once he see's the horror's of the legions being annihilated, probably be best for him to travel with either another recruit or with a veteran, if there will be more veterans.
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Aiden

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire

This is the approximate time of Roman history the story takes places.

The Lost legions I mentioned are the three legions the Germanic tribes slaughtered. the ones Varus lost.

During the era of the "Roman Empire"

I would want to START the game here (Basically we start the game losing) , or we can start it in before we are called. I do not expect to follow historical accounts, since there was said to be no Roman survivors.

Desan

I think starting where we're losing would probably be best. Jump right into the action!

Anyways, should we keep it in one thread for now (never did a big game before) and just have multiple points of views and how each of us escape?

Federico

I think it's interesting to start after the defeat. No one came back but nothing can be said on when and where a small group of disbanded soldiers died. And there were survivors, at least from the accounts I read.

The battle is the battle at Teutoburg. You can read about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Teutoburg_Forest. This places us in 9 AC, under Octavianus Augustus.

To sketch the story, we could start by running away, fighting with some German scouts, then finding by chance a Roman Villa (a farm essentially - not too likely to find one there..) where we could play a last stand - organizing the defense from storming German troops.

.. I was reading while I typed and I found this:

"One fort (or possibly city), Aliso, fended off the Germanic tribes for many weeks, perhaps a few months, before the garrison, which included survivors of the Teutoburg Forest, successfully broke out under their commander Lucius Caeditius and reached the Rhine."
Back after a long while - Ons and Offs | I am a baladeur
He started to dine at Denny's | From Friends

Lyrus

Or we could start out on an en-masse Roman-Germanic struggle, in which the Romans lose, and when you rout, it's usually every man for themselves, except the veterans often try to rally the younger soldiers together. Oooh, I don't mind being a veteran now.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Kroduk

Hm. I may do a rookie. I've never played an unblooded character before.
Ons and Offs

How can I be lost,
Search for seas of gold
How can I be lost?
In remembrance I relive.
And how can I blame you

Lyrus

Is our Legate with us? Or are we just a bunch of stragglers?
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Desan

I'd assume we'd come separate groups and our legates are killed off. We find each other eventually?

Kroduk

As long as there's still a signifer around somewhere, I'm fine. Kroldiers don't fight for free. ;)
Ons and Offs

How can I be lost,
Search for seas of gold
How can I be lost?
In remembrance I relive.
And how can I blame you

Desan

Or maybe, whoever the vets are, we come in a group and they lead us recruits to safety.

Who's going to be recruit and who plans to be a veteran?

Lyrus

I'll be a Veteran and Standard Holder. The Flag usually manages to rally the recruits.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Desan

Like stated, I shall be recruit infantry

So:

Lyrus-Vet (Flag holder)
Desan-Recruit (infantry)

Kroduk

Yay! Signifer! You handlez my pay now.
Ons and Offs

How can I be lost,
Search for seas of gold
How can I be lost?
In remembrance I relive.
And how can I blame you

Aiden

How attached are people to keeping it historical accurate (I can bend it for a good story)

IN history the banners were lost, which made it such an overwhelming defeat. SO much that those legions were NEVER replaced/refilled. If I am correct the Roman Empire much later had to nearly beg for the standards lost in that massive defeat.

Lyrus

Oh damn. Well how about I'm the Standard Bearer, lose it in the battle, then become overly depressed later on?
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Kroduk

Ons and Offs

How can I be lost,
Search for seas of gold
How can I be lost?
In remembrance I relive.
And how can I blame you

Desan

Lyrus

IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Federico

Again from wikipedia, to set the spirit:

"Tacitus wrote that many officers were sacrificed by the Germanic forces as part of their indigenous religious ceremonies, cooked in pots and their bones used for rituals. However, others were ransomed, and the common soldiers appear to have been enslaved."

The cavalry attempted to escape. Big move. Run from the Germans cavalry in a forest under heavy rain.

"the highest-ranking officer next to Varus, Numonius Vala, abandoned the troops by riding off with the cavalry; however, he too was overtaken by the Germanic cavalry and killed"

Hm, I could play an eques. Horse lost, and ashamed for having fled. Can hardly be worse.

No reaction at all to my suggestion about Aliso (or just an isolated villa)?

Lyrus

Well I think the whole camping-wandering thing would do for now, before we needed to find a safe haven later on. Or we could go on foot the whole way. Really depends on how you want the story to turn out.

Should I be an Emo Aquilifer or just a Emo Signifer though?

Someone should go as a Centurion. :3
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Desan

Quote from: Federico on April 16, 2009, 04:36:08 PM
I think it's interesting to start after the defeat. No one came back but nothing can be said on when and where a small group of disbanded soldiers died. And there were survivors, at least from the accounts I read.

The battle is the battle at Teutoburg. You can read about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Teutoburg_Forest. This places us in 9 AC, under Octavianus Augustus.

To sketch the story, we could start by running away, fighting with some German scouts, then finding by chance a Roman Villa (a farm essentially - not too likely to find one there..) where we could play a last stand - organizing the defense from storming German troops.

The finding the villa sounds tempting, but I was hoping what would happen would be like we were split amongst the chaos, somehow found each other one by one (or in pairs) and we moved "behind enemy lines" to get back to rome, always on the run, with some hiding here and there. Most of it would be stealth, with sneaky kills and such. The women, if any, would be german women who sympathized with us and helped us escape, hell a few of us could be wounded and they'd nurse us back to health (again if any women are still interested in playing.)

As for the ranks/positions I think we should get those hammered out later, once we figure out the backbone of the story at least. That way, when the backbone is created, the whole ranking and "I'm higher than you" persona could be placed accordingly.

Lyrus

My ideal would be a sort of running behind enemy lines, trying to get back to OUR lines, sort of thing. Along the way the story could manifest, thoughts, doubts, etc. etc.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Clio

I would love to play a native woman used as a slave or concubine...if you're still willing to have girls.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Desan

Quote from: Lyrus on April 18, 2009, 09:55:30 AM
My ideal would be a sort of running behind enemy lines, trying to get back to OUR lines, sort of thing. Along the way the story could manifest, thoughts, doubts, etc. etc.

You have the idea now. Though our lines would mean getting back to rome since our legions have been annihilated. Know what I'm saying?

And we're always looking for more women.

Praxis

I would like to be a veteran soldier/scout.

Please and thank you.

Desan

So:

Lyrus-Veteran (Flag holder)
Desan-Recruit (infantry)
Ender- Veteran (Scout)
Aiden- Veteran
Federico- ?
Kroduk- Recruit

(I'll work on the women later once we figure out roles/whether or not we're going to be all together when we run or if it's better for us to split up then regroup)

Kroduk

That's quite a few vets. Guess it maes sense that they'd have a better chance of survival. But yeah. Kro=recruit.
Ons and Offs

How can I be lost,
Search for seas of gold
How can I be lost?
In remembrance I relive.
And how can I blame you

Desan

updated.

Possible women interested:

daylily
Thaleia
Anthea
Christa McGinn

I'll pm them in a few for confirmation if they are still interested or not =]

Federico

"the highest-ranking officer next to Varus, Numonius Vala, abandoned the troops by riding off with the cavalry; however, he too was overtaken by the Germanic cavalry and killed"

Hm, I could play a cavalry soldier - an eques. Horse lost, and ashamed for having been in the fleeting party. Could be a young one. So that makes him Cavalry - Recruit.

Aiden

Nice all the roles seem to be falling into place pretty well, for the male characters anyway.

Desan is Pm'ing females interested, so I guess we can have separate sections for the "adult" oriented pairings for those who wish to lead it that way.

I see a "main" thread for the general story, my view it is like the movie "Crash"...in the end it all fits together, but I do want to keep the sex scenes in a different section.

Desan

Quote from: Sir Desan on April 21, 2009, 02:34:13 PM
So:

Desan-Recruit (infantry)
Ender- Veteran (Scout)
Aiden- Veteran
Federico- Recruit (Calvary)
Kroduk- Recruit

updated

PM'd the women to see who's still interested.

Desan

Quote from: Aiden on April 21, 2009, 05:10:35 PM
Nice all the roles seem to be falling into place pretty well, for the male characters anyway.

Desan is Pm'ing females interested, so I guess we can have separate sections for the "adult" oriented pairings for those who wish to lead it that way.

I see a "main" thread for the general story, my view it is like the movie "Crash"...in the end it all fits together, but I do want to keep the sex scenes in a different section.

I like that concept and think that may be the best way to play this out.

Anthea

I'm still interested !!!
No problem at all for a German lady. I'd like her to become a companion/lover of a veteran (it's something I've never really experienced until now), if, of course, one of them wants her.
Never tickle a sleeping dragon

my yes and no

Duchess

what roles tyou have open for the
females?

Duchess

Desan

we're not going to be that specific or keep that close at least I don't think so.

As for roles...just pitch a few you think you'd like to try out in this RP and we'll discuss it

The Dark Raven

I'm still interested, Des.

And are we talking camp followers or Germanic natives (Celts) here?  History geekage ftw, but I need to know which angle I'd need to research. ;-)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Lyrus

Camp out in open, evade enemy men searching for you, women and followers taggin' along, what's not to like?
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Desan

I would believe germanic celts since we are need to travel through germanic tribe territory.

*Peeks around for Aiden's confirmation* xD

Aiden

Denied, all women will be robotic celtic clones with high weaponry attachment in the intimate areas.

*Kidding!*

Desan

Quote from: Aiden on April 22, 2009, 11:15:07 AM
...with high weaponry attachment in the intimate areas.

*Falls out of his chair laughing*

Anthea

Good Lord !!!!!
*ROFLHAO* (while she still has it...)

my yes and no

Desan

Ok so are the women in agreement that it's alright if they play german (celts) to say the least?

As for their roles I have

Anthea: German companion/lover with one of the men.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Aiden on April 22, 2009, 11:15:07 AM
Denied, all women will be robotic celtic clones with high weaponry attachment in the intimate areas.

*Kidding!*

And, frankly, that sounds fun.  XD  Jeeeez.

Quote from: Sir Desan on April 23, 2009, 02:52:47 PM
Ok so are the women in agreement that it's alright if they play german (celts) to say the least?

As for their roles I have

Anthea: German companion/lover with one of the men.

Wherever you need me...lol

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Clio

I would also like to be a companion/lover or concubine of one of the men, if that's alright.

And I'm a history major, although I don't know a lot about Rome.

Desan

Quote from: daylily on April 23, 2009, 03:03:33 PM
Wherever you need me...lol

bent over a coutch?  >_> um..

/endrandompervertedthought

As for christa, I'm sure either one would be just dandy. Perhaps concubine to make it a little diverse.

Clio

I mean, she becomes his concubine...she probably wouldn't be one already. Is that okay?

Desan

Oh! Yes that's what I meant. My mistake ^^

Name: Role of their character

Christa: Someone's concubine
Anthea: German companion/lover
Daylily: bent over a couch Anything
Thaleia: ?

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Sir Desan on April 23, 2009, 05:02:34 PM
Oh! Yes that's what I meant. My mistake ^^

Name: Role of their character

Christa: Someone's concubine
Anthea: German companion/lover
Daylily: bent over a couch Anything
Thaleia: ?

Hey, bent over a couch is good too...lol

Anthea

my yes and no

Kroduk

Ons and Offs

How can I be lost,
Search for seas of gold
How can I be lost?
In remembrance I relive.
And how can I blame you

The Dark Raven

*laughs* All in the course of play, dearies...

Desan

Quote from: daylily on April 23, 2009, 06:55:20 PM
Hey, bent over a couch is good too...lol

*Pulls her into PM* >_>

anyways, waiting for Thaleia I suppose and...well..AIDEN. What to do now?

Lyrus

IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Aiden

One last thing, do you guys want to go into graphic detail with the non-sexual violence?

Meaning do the Roman men, wish to go into depth and detail of steel hacking into flesh, the sound of bone breaking under shield and spear etc etc...cuz in that case we might need to place the main thread in the extreme section.

Lyrus

I'm very graphic when it comes to my violence. :3
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Aiden

So that is 2 for Extreme (For graphic violence)

IS anyone not ok with this? Obviously we all will have to respect everyone's O/O's.

Lyrus

Murrr ... I think most people base their O/Os on no violence in the sexual scenes...
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

The Dark Raven

I say go for it...lol  I can watch things like Gettysburg or any Spielberg war film without batting an eye...oh yes..and the Ridley Scott films </drool>

Just tell me where to start ;-)

Desan

Duchess

i want to be a roman but where would that fit sinse u are traveling ?

Lyrus

Higher up Roman Officers could travel in style with roman concubines.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Duchess

naha, want to have right to voice out my opinion and being a simple concunbine doesnt alow that

Lyrus

IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

The Dark Raven

Proper Roman women didn't travel with the legions.  ;-)

Desan

Quote from: Thaleia on April 25, 2009, 07:45:12 AM
i want to be a roman but where would that fit sinse u are traveling ?

A woman in disguise fighting with us?

Federico

Quotei want to be a roman but where would that fit sinse u are traveling ?

Another possibility is that of a German prisoner. We could find a small group carrying enslaved Romans and free them. So it would be our duty to take them back to a Roman camp, and Thaleia could be as Roman and as high in rank as she would like to.

TheLegionary

Do not forget me. I could be another recruit or a veteran.

Desan

Quote from: Sir Desan on April 21, 2009, 02:34:13 PM
So:

Desan-Recruit (infantry)
Ender- Veteran (Scout)
Aiden- Veteran
Federico- ?
Kroduk- Recruit
TheLegionary- Recruit

Updated. Federico what do you want to be?

Aiden

Alright people let's get some characters made and posted

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=35530.0

I posted it in the Non Adult section for now, the game threads will be placed in the Extreme Sections, so you guys can get as graphic as you wish.

Regarding the story.

The game will start as the Roman Legion marches north to the Summer Camp. Female players can either live in the surrounding villages on our path, or whatever you ladies wish to do. Keep in mind we might not have interaction till a bit later in the game. The battle lasted 3 days...so expect any survivors to trickle into villages as the barbarians mount their attacks.

The Dark Raven

Naming Practices of the Germanic Tribes

Or...  "Unfortunately the records don't go back that far..."

I'm going to post a few links from my SCA stuff so that the gals can have some idea of the Germanic/Frankish naming practices that may have been in use at the time of our story.  Unfortunately, they being women, their names were only recorded if important...and at that time women were property in that area.  Even more so in the Roman empire.  (In the matriarchal Brythonic tribes they were not...but we're not in England, we're in Germany...so.)

http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/guntram/franks.htm
http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/names/other/merovence.html
http://members.tripod.com/nicolaa5/articles/german.html

And remember, as captives, they would be renamed something else a Roman could pronounce... ;-)

Anthea

Daylily, you're a pure sweetheart !  :-*
Thank you for providing help for the names.
I'm a bit ashamed though because I should have think of it too. I'm french and these name are very familiar to our history...
Anyway, if someone needs help or has question or whatever, do not hesitate !

my yes and no

The Dark Raven

*grins*  You are most welcome. 

Though I must admit I'm glad the Romans may find easier-to-pronounce names for them later...lol  I'm more versed in the Anglo-Saxon names.

Anthea

LOL, I do understand as I feel just the same !
Oh by the way, would you mind me to be your younger sister ? If it's OK with everyone though.

my yes and no

The Dark Raven

That's fine with me.  My gal is going to be a young widow (ah the wonders of a vendetta to play with), so her husband would be one that would not be coming home from the battle.

Anthea

Mmmm...what a sweet word vendetta is !
Whoops, sorry ! LOL
OK, so I'm gonna find a name to mine...let's say she could be something like 16 and almost betrothed to a young man she feels nothing for. She finds in the Romans a way to escape her fate. What do you think of it?

my yes and no

The Dark Raven

Works for me.  Mine I think is more the unwilling type but...she'll learn.

Desan

Quote from: daylily on April 26, 2009, 06:45:45 PM
Works for me.  Mine I think is more the unwilling type but...she'll learn.

I'm sure she will..using a couch and a....

>_>

Anthea

*takes Daylily by the hand and dances with her around the room singing Got a sister, got a sister !!!* LOL
Ahemm...sorry !
So my girl's name is Brunhild. She the willing kind but not knowing exactly what she will be involved in following the Romans...

my yes and no

Desan

Quote from: Aiden on April 26, 2009, 01:31:12 PM
Alright people let's get some characters made and posted

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=35530.0

I posted it in the Non Adult section for now, the game threads will be placed in the Extreme Sections, so you guys can get as graphic as you wish.

Regarding the story.

The game will start as the Roman Legion marches north to the Summer Camp. Female players can either live in the surrounding villages on our path, or whatever you ladies wish to do. Keep in mind we might not have interaction till a bit later in the game. The battle lasted 3 days...so expect any survivors to trickle into villages as the barbarians mount their attacks.

Go here to make the character yeaa

Duchess

dont wait on me,not having a computer is killing me,will step in i get that solved

Aiden

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=35828.0

Game thread on

Ladies if you want to set up your own thread, such as "Surroundings villages- Germania" feel free to do so.

*I messed up and posted in the non adult section for now...if we get graphic we can ask a mod to move it.*

The Dark Raven

Aiden,

May want to consider how violent it may get in fighting too...not sure.

I can start a gals thread, but I need to see where I should put it. ;-)

Desan

Same thread for now? I don't see the gals going crazy and killing people anytime soon? o.O

The Dark Raven

Aiden

Once most of our players post their "opening"

I'll make a "GM" post of the setting of camp and the first night of hell to come upon the Roman legions.

But I don't want anyone to feel rushed to post or anything.

Federico

Hey,

as you have seen I've added a bit of movement. It's up to the next posters to decide the size of the band that is attacking us. Any other player can decide to be in sight and join this day skirmish.

As for German tactics, I quote from Tacitus:

"Swords they rarely use, or the larger spear. They carry javelins or, in their own language, framms, pointed with a piece of iron short and narrow, but so sharp and manageable, that with the same weapon they can fight at a distance or hand to hand, just as need requires. Nay, the horsemen also are content with a shield and a javelin. The foot throw likewise weapons missive, each particular is armed with many, and hurls them a mighty space, all naked or only wearing a light cassock.
In arraying their army, they divide the whole into distinct battalions formed sharp in front. To recoil in battle, provided you return again to the attack, passes with them rather for policy than fear."

Good guerrilla tactics :-)

Aiden

Yea I am shifting the game into the evening/night time as the Romans huddle up to a make shift camp.

No fire or lights, just darkness.

Germanic warriors approach, covered in soot and mud to appear black, their approach would not be seen until their eyes stared directly in your face. Like Federico, said, these guys are using guerrilla tactics, hit and runs, using the darkness and forest to their advantage.

So posters feel free to describe your fellow Romans to die to surprise and sneak attacks throughout the night.

Desan

Ok I'm back xD

Should we establish posting order or nah?

Aiden

Nah no post order but I think everyone has been describing what is going on through their eyes.

All the men who will eventually come together are experiencing different attacks/ fears since they are spread out everywhere. So who is still around for the game

*I know our females probably won't come in till a few more posts and the complete eradication of the Roman legions*

ROLL CALL

The Dark Raven

Anthea

Good job guys, it's a great start !
Daylily, maybe we should begin to think of a way to introduce ourselves. We could exchange ideas. Feel free to contact me if you want to, I'd be happy to work on it with you.

my yes and no

Federico

For who is interested, I've kept searching and reading.

Standard bearers, feast your eyes:
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/Homework/romans/standardbearers.html

another scary thing we could put in the story is .. the wall:

QuotePerhaps the most important single discovery was evidence of a wall 4 feet high and 12 feet thick, built of sand and reinforced by chunks of sod. “Arminius learned much from his service with the Romans,” says Wilbers-Rost. “He knew their tactics and their weak points. The wall zigzagged so that the Germans on top of it could attack the Romans from two angles. They could stand on the wall, or rush out through gaps in it to attack the Roman flank, and then run back behind it for safety.” Concentrations of artifacts were found in front of the wall, suggesting that the Romans had tried to scale it. The dearth of objects behind it testifies to their failure to do so.

from http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/ambush.html?c=y&page=4

.. the part that says "..the dearth of objects.." gave me a shiver.

Desan

legionar or kroduks turn if I believe.

Desan

Federico

For what it counts, my vote is for not waiting.

Too many days between posts, I'm losing the feeling.

Lyrus

I agree, let's just go with the flow.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Desan

Aight I'll do post tomorrow and such if thats alright

Aiden

Not sure if our females are still interested in playing, but Marcus is heading towards "random Germanic village"

Some of you might even spot his horse (that he sent into the wild to prevent from being slaughtered before his eyes). running around or drinking from a river or grazing in your crops.

If not, I plan on "following" the story of the legions as they get slaughtered over the course of a few days. At the end of Day 7 I think the rest ran into a small barricade and they were completely wiped out.

Desan

Muse is killin me. Imma try to reply as soon as I can, get my character moving

Anthea

I don't know about Daylily for I have no news from her but you can still count me in, Aiden.
I will try to set a scene as soon as possible.

my yes and no

The Dark Raven

I'm still here, jsut catching up on posts

Desan

waitin on fred perhaps lyrus again to post?

Is Kroduk still playing or shall I assume he's dropped.

Lyrus

Iunno, I'm waiting on SOME form of poster.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

The Dark Raven

I'm waiting on the word whether the gals are free to post of not.

Aiden

well Marcus is now in the forest, lost.

For the sake of story we can say those who got away or who plan on it (the players) are the ones who escaped death.

Ladies whenever you wish to start, feel free.

Desan

Lyrus

I'mma lead the suicide charge and then disappear, re-appearing later without the banner.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Desan

Quote from: Lyrus on June 14, 2009, 01:17:18 AM
I'mma lead the suicide charge and then disappear, re-appearing later without the banner.

Lol Niiice. Suicide charge leading to you being the last man standing hahahahha.

Federico

sorry for the absence - I'm still trying to get my posting pace right. It's terrible how losing the moment stops you for days. I'll just join the Gnaeus' group now.

Lyrus

IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Aiden on June 13, 2009, 02:06:08 PM
well Marcus is now in the forest, lost.

For the sake of story we can say those who got away or who plan on it (the players) are the ones who escaped death.

Ladies whenever you wish to start, feel free.

I'm gonna try to get a post up today or tomorrow sometime. :-)

Anthea

All right, I've just posted and hope you will like it. Feel free to let me know what you think of it!

my yes and no

The Dark Raven

Lyrus

I'll reappear later, or someone might wake me up.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Desan

did someone just join our RP all of a sudden O.o??

Lyrus

Actually, yeah. o_O

Random barbarian whatnot?!
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Desan

I actually kinda like it XD

could be a pursuiter if that's a word. O.o

Lyrus

IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Desan

Aiden

that would be cool, I hope he sees the OOC thread and gives us a Germanic warrior side of the story, I cant pm him since he is unapproved.

Edit he is approved, but when I saw it get posted he was not.

country

Hi all.  I started following the rp, without having first seen this thread.  Hope I haven't caused to much damage, although it seems that my missus has already set it up that I don't make it back to the village.  I might have to try another warrior character.  Meanwhile, must look around for the proposed suitor of my wife's sister;  make sure he did a good job wiping out these invaders.

Aiden

Welcome to the game Country, we won't kill you since, we follow a unmentioned "no god modding" rule for the game. You might be a bit out numbered after the game progresses as the story was meant to be a "Band of brothers" tale as they live their lives after the massacre of the three legions.

So with that said, I hope you enjoy the game and if you interact with our actually PCs make sure you let us know what is going on.

country

Aiden - thanks for the welcome.  You are aware that I am a total newbie to E, so I will undoubtedly step on some toes.  I hope I'm not too much a klutz - I'm a virgin at rp so please be gentle but do let me know if I step out of line.  Without discipline I'll never get it right, and I always learn a lesson better if I do it wrong first time up.

I have followed the OOC so do sense that I may have a short part, or will need to fade out.  When I was following the story, I found that there was the opportunity to jump in as a barbarian. 

Now, does DayLilly recognize that as a young woman (probably 20) without a man to catch the odd wild boar, her life expectancy in the village may be seriously reduced, unless she can woo another to accept her and her child into his household?  Perhaps she already has plans.

The Dark Raven

CountryACT,

I have sent you a message regarding your godmodding.  In my RP experience (over a decade), what you just did...without talking to me as Eadric was someone I made up...is bad form.

Also, I am very aware of Basina's normal life expectancy if she is a widow (I have a degree in medieval history).  She is not expected to stay in the village for long.  Germanic society was such that she would have been assimilated into either Alaric's household after he married her sister, or assimilated into Eadric's brother's household if he had one.  Such was the nature of Germanic Celtic culture.  Provided the Romans would be straggling into her village, and the Romans tended to either slaughter or capture the women of villages...the outcome is easy to see.

I would appreciate that, if you are going to play a Celt, that you write your own character, and not just randomly grab one made up by someone else.  Call it stealing, plagiarizing, godmodding, what have you, but I am very protective of my characters, and didn't appreciate the hijack as I saw it.

Thank you.

Banderas

This is intriguing!

Mind if I jump in?  This would be my first RP on E, and it would be an honor.

Name: Decimus Gallus
Position: Equite Cohortes (Medium Cavalry, Possibly a mid-level NCO)

I was thinking of waking surrounded by heaps of bodies, but can hear sounds of battle in the distance.  My last memory is of my detachment being ambushed as it retreatred.  Unhorsed and seriously injured (but still packing quite a punch), I must find my way back to my cohort, if it has even survived.

Let me know if it's okay with all of you.  Thanks!

country

I have apologized privately to DayLily for jumping in and assuming one of her character names. 

I have been thinking that my character will attempt to return to the village, laden with booty, meet up with a group of still armed Romans, and depart for Valhalla.

Aiden

Quote from: Banderas on June 17, 2009, 03:11:29 PM
This is intriguing!

Mind if I jump in?  This would be my first RP on E, and it would be an honor.

Name: Decimus Gallus
Position: Equite Cohortes (Medium Cavalry, Possibly a mid-level NCO)

I was thinking of waking surrounded by heaps of bodies, but can hear sounds of battle in the distance.  My last memory is of my detachment being ambushed as it retreatred.  Unhorsed and seriously injured (but still packing quite a punch), I must find my way back to my cohort, if it has even survived.

Let me know if it's okay with all of you.  Thanks!

Welcome to the game, if you have any questions feel free to PM any of the current players or post it here in the OOC chat.

Banderas

Okay.  Made first post.  Questions and comments, both ill and good, are welcomed!

BTW, has anyone here read "Beyond the Thunder River" Conan story by RE Howard?  The similarities are striking.

The Dark Raven

Desan

Quote from: Banderas on June 18, 2009, 08:39:10 AM
Okay.  Made first post.  Questions and comments, both ill and good, are welcomed!

BTW, has anyone here read "Beyond the Thunder River" Conan story by RE Howard?  The similarities are striking.

I haven't.

Banderas

The long and the short of the story is: the Aquilonians (look and dress like Romans) cross into Pict (Germania) territory in order to expand their empire.

The Pictish tribes unite under a single banner and massacre the Aquilonians, driving them back across the Thunder (Rhine) River.

All the fighting takes place in the dark forests.  The Picts are the masters of their element, and the fight is very one-sided.

I'm sure Howard had this battle in mind when he wrote the story.

The Dark Raven

Sounds like he used this battle for his story

Anthea

my yes and no

Banderas

My mistake.  The name of the story is "Beyond the Black River".

Banderas

Just curious about posting etiquette.  I'm holding off until Aiden gets a turn at posting.  Is that okay?  Got lots of ideas swimming around but want to see how he deals with this heathen sorceress witch (hi Anthea :)) before I respond.

Aiden

I'll get a post up in a few, after this one I am gonna me MIA till Sunday since I plan on testing out just how much beer I can filter through it in a 48 hour period.

Desan

Quote from: Aiden on June 25, 2009, 08:50:28 PM
I'll get a post up in a few, after this one I am gonna me MIA till Sunday since I plan on testing out just how much beer I can filter through it in a 48 hour period.

good luck :) xD

Aiden

correction, after tonight ill be MIA

Anthea

All right, may the force be with you !  ;)

my yes and no

The Dark Raven

Should i be sending Basina out or am i still in the village...let me know what we're doing here?

Desan

Quote from: daylily on June 26, 2009, 03:13:57 PM
Should i be sending Basina out or am i still in the village...let me know what we're doing here?

Lily, probably be best to have basina go off into the village to look for her sister, then stumble upon my character? Sounds good?

The Dark Raven

Will do as soon as i get home tonight, before I get semi-walloped by TF2

Desan

Desan

If anyone reads this daylily is gonna be gone till the 20th. Aiden, should  I have my guy just wake up then and stagger his way forward to find Marcus?

The Dark Raven

I'm gonna try to get you guys a response when I get in the door.  Insanity has descended.  Does she need to head out of the village, or just out of her cottage/hut/whatever?

Kanrya

May I throw in a character perhaps a female warrior for the Barbarian side?

Banderas

Quote from: Kanrya on July 10, 2009, 06:58:06 PM
May I throw in a character perhaps a female warrior for the Barbarian side?

Hopefully, yes.  I joined the thread late, myself.  Posted in this thread as you just did, and was given the nod.

Desan

If you could give us a bit more detail as to what your character would be doing and such (would it be a short or long time character etc etc).

Banderas

I know there's at least one character who would like to see Decius die a painful death.  And he well deserves it.

BUT, I have decided I like this character, so don't kill him!  I plan on using him in a future thread, and would like to be able to use this thread as backstory.

So be kind to Decius to the point where he is able to return to the civilized provinces in one piece.  Scarring him is okay.  Impalement, beheading, etc would NOT be appreciated.

Thank you!

Desan

*laughs* Alrighty! No death for him.

The Dark Raven

Pardon my absence, I am back now.  Where do you need me?

Desan

bent over a couch

Well your character is near mine and she's currently standing over her dead husband and my own character (who's playing dead) maybe she can rummage through each body and perhaps..cause my guy to twitch/move?

Anthea

Hi to all !

My apologizes to have been that long since my last post.
I was on vacation and I should have been able to be online but my best friend's adorable daughter had no better idea than pourring some water on my laptop. It didn't appreciated at all...and me neither by the way!

But now I'm back, so please tell me where I could be of any use.

my yes and no