D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms campaign (Funeral Games)

Started by ff, November 20, 2010, 02:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swordwind

Grinex Nettle Half-Orc Ranger 9th 9d8+45 (99)
Alignment NG
Init +3
AC 19/20
Speed 30 ft
Base Attack/Grapple: 9/15
Basic Attack: Flaming Battle Axe +17/+12  (1d8+6+1d6) x3 Crit
Full Attack: 2x Flaming Battle Axes +15/+10 +15/+10  (1d8+6+1d6)  / (1d8+3+1d6)
Abilities Str 20 (22) Dex 14 Con 16 (18) Int 12 Wis 11 Cha 11
Saves: Fort 10 Ref 8 Will 3
Skills: Climb (Str) 4/10, Handle Animal (Cha) 5, Heal (Wis) 2, Hide (Dex) 7/9, Jump (Str) 1/7, Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int) 5/6,
Knowledge (geography) (Int) 5/6, Knowledge (nature) (Int) 5/6, Listen (Wis) 8, Move Silently (Dex) 7/9, Ride (Dex) 4 (7)/9, Search (Int) 2/3,
Spot (Wis) 8, Survival (Wis) 11(13), Swim (Str) 2/8, Use Rope (Dex) 2/4.
Feats:
1st Weapon Focus (BattleAxe), Track, 2nd Combat Style (Melee) – Two Weapon Fighting, 3rd Oversized two weapon Fighting (CA), 6th Two weapon Defense, Combat Style (Improved Two weapon Fighting) 9th Improved Toughness (CA)
Equipment: Amulet of Health +2 4000 Gauntlets of Ogre Power +2 4100 +1 Flaming Battle Axe 8310, +1 Flaming Battle Axe 8310 +3 Studded Leather Armor 9175 Ring of Protection +1 2000 GP 105
Special Abilities: Favor Enemy 2nd, Endurance, Woodland Stride, Fast Tracker, Evasion
Animal Companion (Hawk) Bloodclaw
Size/Type: Tiny Animal Hit Dice: 3d8 (12 hp)
Initiative: +4 Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 60 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 20 (+2 size, +4 Dex, +4 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/–7 Attack: Talons +8 melee (1d4–2)
Full Attack: Talons +8 melee (1d4–2)
Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Low-light vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2
Abilities: Str 7, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot  +16
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse
Tricks: Attack, Come, Down, Fetch, Heel, Seek, Stay, Defend

Bio:
Many people wonder what lies within the wilds of the realms. No one doubts that both man, beast, and fiend lie within them, but just what it is that makes that noise, that chill that rises up into people's bones. Some fools rush out and see what it is, never to return when the sun rises again, yet others, go out and sometimes come back, but not only do they come back, they bring the beasts head with them. Grinex is one of these people, plowing forth into the unknown lands, seeking something that he himself would like to know. Within the wild woods, the fester swamps, the icy mountains, and dark tombs, he walks. Exploring that which others would clearly, and wisely, avoid. Is it gold and riches that push his path, his attire shows wealth, if one could look under the dirt plastered over it.

But if asked the answer it is no, perhaps power then? Something all crave at some point or another, but that again is not his motivation, then perhaps some vow or creed, yet again it is no. His origins are from the wilds themselves, from barbarian bands, to becoming the wandering soldier, to guide and guard of merchants and farmer alike. But as the tale grew so did his name, from foul beasts devouring souls of the living in remote towns or villages, to the unexplored paths into both the ground and mountains alike. Tale spread of the wandering half-breed and his skills of wrath.

For where he went one would know, that all around him would be set aglow.     
For off the beaten path he now will go, with eyes above that will keep him in tow

Hello Everyone. What's up?

ff

Tackyhillbilly

Nice so far; please use the more 'compact' char sheet format mentioned in my opening post.

Kirinis

Not-standard races in principle are fine. Just don't be offput if you play, say, a minotaur, and human townspeople freak out and run away.

jisko888 and Tonalberry

Yes, there is still room. I never understood why most people do their RPs first-come-first-serve rather than picking the best. Also the party size isn't fixed and will depend on the number of compatible-seeming players.

Nikki

Ah okay, the Ranged property. Thanks for the page number reference! I agree, a nice way to give her a ranged weapon without having to sheath/draw to switch to a bow.

The shield can only hold one crystal at a time (from MiC p221 "Each item can hold a single augment crystal"). If you find an armor augment crystal it could go in her armor though.

swordwind
Nice so far; please use the more 'compact' char sheet format mentioned in my opening post.

everyone

Here's the example stat block linked in my original post. (Don't worry, you're not fighting a Balor at level 9, it's just an example - and a good one, since it has a lot of 'stuff'). Try to follow its format as closely as you know how; I'm used to scanning stat blocks like this for my DMing (from SRD monsters and my own NPcs I create) so it's much faster for me, would help me handle a larger party, and be quicker later on.

The Balor has a lot of 'stuff', so if you copy-paste it to use as a template, you can delete lines like 'Aura' and 'Spell-Like Abilities' that don't apply to your char.

the Balor has some abilities, like its True Seeing, 'written out' / 'described' at the end. Doing that for your own character's abilities (class features like smite evil, etc.) is optional. (I may later ask for ones I'm not familiar with to be written out.)

Since the Balor doesn't cast spells, an example (from Alustriel Silverhand) of spells is pasted afterwards.

Following its stat block, I copied a 'blanked out' one that may be quicker to use as a template.

I changed 'Treasure' to 'Equipment'. I recommend, as some players thoughtfully have, including the price of each item in parentheses.

Demon, Balor
Large Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Evil, Tanar’ri)
Hit Dice: 20d8+200 (290 hp)
Initiative: +11
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), fly 90 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 35 (–1 size, +7 Dex, +19 natural), touch 16, flat-footed 28
Base Attack/Grapple: +20/+36
Attack:+1 vorpal longsword +33 melee (2d6+8/19–20)
Full Attack:+1 vorpal longsword +31/+26/+21/+16 melee (2d6+8/19–20) and +1 flaming whip +30/+25 melee (1d4+4 plus 1d6 fire plus entangle); or 2 slams +31 melee (1d10+7)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft. (20 ft. with +1 flaming whip)
Special Attacks: Death throes, entangle, spell-like abilities, summon tanar'ri, vorpal sword Special Qualities: Damage reduction 15/cold iron and good, darkvision 60 ft., flaming body, immunity to electricity, fire, and poison, resistance to acid 10 and cold 10, spell resistance 28, telepathy 100 ft., true seeing
Saves: Fort +22, Ref +19, Will +19
Abilities: Str 35, Dex 25, Con 31, Int 24, Wis 24, Cha 26
Skills: Bluff +31, Concentration +33, Diplomacy +35, Disguise +8 (+10 acting), Hide +26, Intimidate +33, Knowledge (any two) +30, Listen +38, Move Silently +30, Search +30, Sense Motive +30, Spellcraft +30 (+32 scrolls), Spot +38, Survival +7 (+9 following tracks), Use Magic Device +31 (+33 scrolls)
Feats: Cleave, Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Power Attack, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (telekinesis), Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (longsword)
Treasure: Standard coins; double goods; standard items, plus +1 vorpal greatsword and +1 flaming whip

Wizard Spells Per Day (4/6/6/5/5/5/4/3/4/4): Base save DC 17. Wizard caster level 22.
Sorcerer Spells Known (Cast per Day: 6/5; Base DC = 13 + Spell Level): 0 detect magic, detect poison, light,mage hand, read magic; 1st comprehend languages, feather fall.

Character Name
Medium Humanoid
Hit Dice:
Initiative: +
Speed: 30 ft.
Armor Class:  (+ Dex, + armor), touch , flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple: + / +
Attack:
Full Attack:
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities: g
Saves: Fort +, Ref +, Will +
Abilities: Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
Skills:
Feats:
Alignment:
Equipment:

ff

Tackyhillbilly

Kirinis

Not-standard races in principle are fine. Just don't be offput if you play, say, a minotaur, and human townspeople freak out and run away.

jisko888 and Tonalberry

Yes, there is still room. I never understood why most people do their RPs first-come-first-serve rather than picking the best. Also the party size isn't fixed and will depend on the number of compatible-seeming players.

Nikki

Ah okay, the Ranged property. Thanks for the page number reference! I agree, a nice way to give her a ranged weapon without having to sheath/draw to switch to a bow.

The shield can only hold one crystal at a time (from MiC p221 "Each item can hold a single augment crystal"). If you find an armor augment crystal it could go in her armor though.

swordwind

everyone

Here's the example stat block linked in my original post. (Don't worry, you're not fighting a Balor at level 9, it's just the example wizards.com used - and a good one, since it has a lot of 'stuff'). Try to follow its format as closely as you know how; I'm used to scanning stat blocks like this for my DMing (from SRD monsters and my own NPcs I create) so it's much faster for me, would help me handle a larger party, and be quicker later on.

The Balor has a lot of 'stuff', so if you copy-paste it to use as a template, you can delete lines like 'Aura' and 'Spell-Like Abilities' that don't apply to your char.

the Balor has some abilities, like its True Seeing, 'written out' / 'described' at the end. Doing that for your own character's abilities (class features like smite evil, etc.) is optional. (I may later ask for ones I'm not familiar with to be written out.)

Since the Balor doesn't cast spells, an example (from Alustriel Silverhand) of spells is pasted afterwards.

Following its stat block, I copied a 'blanked out' one that may be quicker to use as a template.

I changed 'Treasure' to 'Equipment'. I recommend, as some players thoughtfully have, including the price of each item in parentheses.

Overall Nicci's stat block for Cecily is a good example of all this. It may be a useful copy-paste template for you since your character is likely to be dissimilar to a Balor.

The distinction between Special Attacks and Special Qualities is somewhat suggestive; the former tend to be things that require an action and are often offensive, like Smite Evil, the latter tend to be 'passive' abilities that are 'always on' and usually defensive in nature, like Evasion.

Filling out both Attack and Full Attack is not necessary, is one is usually pretty obvious from the latter (add or remove the iterative attacks).

Demon, Balor
Large Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Evil, Tanar’ri)
Hit Dice: 20d8+200 (290 hp)
Initiative: +11
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), fly 90 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 35 (–1 size, +7 Dex, +19 natural), touch 16, flat-footed 28
Base Attack/Grapple: +20/+36
Attack:+1 vorpal longsword +33 melee (2d6+8/19–20)
Full Attack:+1 vorpal longsword +31/+26/+21/+16 melee (2d6+8/19–20) and +1 flaming whip +30/+25 melee (1d4+4 plus 1d6 fire plus entangle); or 2 slams +31 melee (1d10+7)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft. (20 ft. with +1 flaming whip)
Special Attacks: Death throes, entangle, spell-like abilities, summon tanar'ri, vorpal sword Special Qualities: Damage reduction 15/cold iron and good, darkvision 60 ft., flaming body, immunity to electricity, fire, and poison, resistance to acid 10 and cold 10, spell resistance 28, telepathy 100 ft., true seeing
Saves: Fort +22, Ref +19, Will +19
Abilities: Str 35, Dex 25, Con 31, Int 24, Wis 24, Cha 26
Skills: Bluff +31, Concentration +33, Diplomacy +35, Disguise +8 (+10 acting), Hide +26, Intimidate +33, Knowledge (any two) +30, Listen +38, Move Silently +30, Search +30, Sense Motive +30, Spellcraft +30 (+32 scrolls), Spot +38, Survival +7 (+9 following tracks), Use Magic Device +31 (+33 scrolls)
Feats: Cleave, Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Power Attack, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (telekinesis), Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (longsword)
Treasure: Standard coins; double goods; standard items, plus +1 vorpal greatsword and +1 flaming whip

Wizard Spells Per Day (4/6/6/5/5/5/4/3/4/4): Base save DC 17. Wizard caster level 22.
Sorcerer Spells Known (Cast per Day: 6/5; Base DC = 13 + Spell Level): 0 detect magic, detect poison, light,mage hand, read magic; 1st comprehend languages, feather fall.

Character Name
Race Classes
Medium Humanoid
Hit Dice:
Initiative: +
Armor Class:  (+ Dex, + armor), touch , flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple: + / +
Attack:
Full Attack:
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities:
Abilities: Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
Skills:
Skill Ranks:
Feats:
Alignment:
Equipment:

Tonalberry

Coolies, I'll get to work on trying to come up with a character.  And when you say 1st party stuff is fine, whereas 3rd party stuff isn't, I'm guessing that means only books released by Wizards are useable?

ff

Quote from: Tonalberry on November 22, 2010, 02:19:24 AM
Coolies, I'll get to work on trying to come up with a character.  And when you say 1st party stuff is fine, whereas 3rd party stuff isn't, I'm guessing that means only books released by Wizards are useable?

Yes.

There may be exceptions (I think the 3rd ed Dragonlance Campaign Setting was actually written 3rd party then licensed or bought by Wizards, and it's well done). If you have something in mind, you can ask about it (but the answer will likely be 'no, and I haven;t even heard of it').

By far the most common 3rd party reference I see at Elliquiy is Book of Erotic Fantasy. It may be useful for ideas, but its crunchy stuff is kinda bad (and mostly based on a new 7th ability score) but if you would've wanted to use something from it, I probably know of an alternative with very similar flavor.

Kirinis

Groovy, I've got a Goblin Rogue coming down the pipes.

Tonalberry

Quote from: ff on November 22, 2010, 02:22:24 AM
Yes.

There may be exceptions (I think the 3rd ed Dragonlance Campaign Setting was actually written 3rd party then licensed or bought by Wizards, and it's well done). If you have something in mind, you can ask about it (but the answer will likely be 'no, and I haven;t even heard of it').

By far the most common 3rd party reference I see at Elliquiy is Book of Erotic Fantasy. It may be useful for ideas, but its crunchy stuff is kinda bad (and mostly based on a new 7th ability score) but if you would've wanted to use something from it, I probably know of an alternative with very similar flavor.

Eh, no, I wasn't planning on using that particular book.  This doesn't seem like the type of campaign for it.  And I can't think of any 3rd party books in particular I would have wanted to use, I just wanted to be sure.

Tonalberry

Oh, here's a question?  How do you feel about having a Warforged in Faerun?  Finding himself in a world not his own, having to deal with people who've never seen a creature like him before.

Tagan

Ah.  I'd love to play Dora again in someone else's game!  (Awakened Cat Druid that is, not the ex-familiar variant, as it's not quite canon.  (Though it is on the Wizards of the Coast website.)

Alternatively, I could reprise my very first Faerun character... Tagan.  Grey Elven Wild Mage/Ranger.

Things have changed quite a bit since second edition, but the character is still playable in 3.5

Pick your favorite, and I'll whip the sheet into shape!

Thanks!

ff

Warforged is okay. It could be somehow spelljammed / warped from Eberron. Or a reflufed Modron (in fact there's one such in another campaign I'm in).

Either sounds great, Tagan. I don't know of RtR had a selected timeline, but this one will be towards the end of 1371 (I also sometimes like to play PCs across multiple campaigns, at different levels). I suppose I lean a bit towards Tagan simply b/c I haven't gotten to 'meet' her yet and now you've got me curious (and wild magic is fun), but play whichever you prefer. 

Kolbrandr

Ugh, I'm tripping up where I usually do, itemizing equipment costs and all such things. Always a slog for me. I'll try to get that finished and my sheet posted in the next while.

Muse

Like this? 

Character Name:   Kelsie Shatterstar   
Medium Humanoid:   Human (Chondathan)
Hit Dice:       9d8+18=66
Initiative: +0
Speed: (30 ft.)   20ft. (Run X3)
Armor Class: 24 (+0 Dex, +10 armor, +4 Shield), touch 10, flat-footed 24
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/ +8
Attack:  Masterwork Mace or Masterwork Lance +9 for d8+2
Full Attack:  Masterwork Mace or Masterwork Lance +9 +4 for d8+2
Special Attacks:  Turn Undead 7/day at level 7.  Spells:  (6/6+1/5+1/4+1/3+1)
Special Qualities:  Bane of the Restless, Lathander’s Light, Creative Fire, Daylight  Domains of Sun and Renewal. 
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 18(22), Cha 18
Skills: Craft (Painter) 6+2+3(+2)=d20+13.  Diplomacy 8+4+2=d20+14.  Handle Animal 5+4=d20+9  Heal 6+6(+2)=d20+14   Knolwege: Local (Cormyr) 4+2=d20+6.  Knowledge: Nobilty 5+2=d20+7.  Knowledge: Religion 8+2=d20+10  Perform: Versatile 8+4+3=d20+15, Ride 12+0+2(+2)d20+16.  Speak Language 6.  Sense Motive 4+6=d20+10.  Spellcraft 6+2=d20+8. 
Langueges:  Chessentan, Chondathan, Common, Damaran, Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnomish, Goblin, Orcish,
Feats:  Augment Healing, Initiate of Lathander, Improved Turning, Mounted Combat (Spirited Charge), Saddleback, Versatile Performer:  Dance, Sing, Strings.
Alignment:  Neutral Good
Equipment:  +2 Full Plate, +2 Shield, Kelsie’s Holy Medalion, (500)   Magic Bedroll, Magic Feedbag, Everfull Trail Rations. Everfull Mug
Non-Magical Equipment:  Backpack, Belt Pouch X2, Dagger, Flint and Steel, Healer’s Kit, Masterwork Artisan’s Tool’s: Painter, Explorer’s Outfit X2, Courtier’s Outfit with Jewelry and Signet, Shovel. 

Platinum (In Bocie Purse) 52   Gold 4, Silver 9, Copper 10. 

Kelsie’s Holy Medalion:  (19,000)
This rose quartz disk radiates a soft rosy glow (as per Continual Flame.)  It is on a sting of white ceramic beads. 
It provides +4 wisdom and the properties of an amulet of retributive healing. 
Devoting your life to healing is often a thankless job. An amulet of retributive hea¬ing ensures that if you tend to your allies, you are renewed in turn. 
When you activate your amulet, the next effect you use before the end of your turn that heals another creature's damage also heals you of an equal amount, as long as you could be healed by that same effect.
If the effect heals multiple creatures, you only gain the retributive healing once per effect.
For example, a human cleric casting cure light wounds on an ally after activating this amulet would gain the same amount of healing, but a human wizard casting repairlight damage on her warforged ally would not benefit from activating the amulet (since that spell only affects constructs).

Name:   Morningmist
Warhorse: Cormyrean Destrier
Hit Dice: 4d8+12 (30)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 50’ (10 squares)
Armor Class 18 (+4 Armor, -1 Size, +1 Dex, +4 Natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+12
Attack: Hoof +7 Melee
Full Attack: 2 Hooves +7 Melee (d6+5) and 1 Bite +2 Melee (d3+2)
Space 10’, Reach 5’ 
Special Qualities: low light vision, scent, grants rider +1 to ride checks. 
Saves: Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +3
Abilities: Strength 20, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 6
Skills:  Listen +6, Spot +5
Feats: Endurance, Run
Gear:  Masterwork Military Saddle, Saddlebags, +1 Studded Leather Barding
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kirinis

I'll update this post with his background story as soon as I'm done with it;

Character Name: Dokri
Goblin Rogue 9
Small Humanoid - Goblinoid
Hit Dice: 9d6 (34 HP)
Initiative: +7
Armor Class 21 [+4 Armor, +1 Size, +6 Dex], Touch 17, Flatfooted 21
Base Attack/Grapple +6/+3
Attack: Adamantine Rapier +7 Melee [1d4/18-20 x2], Dagger +7 Melee [1d3/19-20 x2], Thundering Hand Crossbow  +13 Ranged [1d3+1d8/19-20 x2]
Full Attack: Adamantine Rapier +7/+2 [1d4/18-20 x2], Dagger +7/+2 Melee [1d3/19-20 x2], Thundering Hand Crossbow  +13 Ranged [1d3+1d8/19-20 x2]
Special Attacks: Sneak Attack +5d6
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Evasion, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Racial Bonuses [+4 on Moving Silently and Ride checks.]Small [+1 Size Bonus to AC, +1 Size Bonus To Attack Rolls, +4 Bonus to Hide Rolls], Trapfinding, Trap Sense +3 [Bonus To Reflex Saves & AC vs. Traps], Uncanny Dodge
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +5
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 22, Con 10, Wis 14, Int 16, Cha 12
Skills: Bluff +15, Disable Device +9, Diplomacy +7, Disguise +15, Escape Artist +10, Gather Information +9, Hide +22, Knowledge [Local] +5, Listen +14, Move Silently +22, Open Lock +18, Search +15, Sleigh of Hand +20, Spot +16
Skill Ranks: Bluff 12, Disable Device 6, Diplomacy 6, Disguise 12, Escape Artist 4, Gather Information 7, Hide 12, Knowledge [Local] 2, Listen 12, Move Silently 12, Open Lock 12, Search 12, Sleigh of Hand 12, Spot 12
Feats: Combat Expertise, Blooded, Improved Feint, Leadership, Street Smart
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Equipment: Adamantine Rapier, Antitoxin x4, Acid x2, Boots of Elvenkind, Bullseye Lantern, Explorer's Outfit, Feather Token [Bird] x6, Flint & Steel, Goggles of Minute Seeing, Handy Haversack, Holy Water x2, Masterwork Alchemical Silver Dagger, Masterwork Cold Iron Dagger, Masterwork Disguise Kit, Masterwork Thieves Tools, Mithral Shirt, Potion of Cure Medium Wounds x4, Potion of Fly, Potion of Invisibility x2, Potion of Spider Climbing x2, Ring of Feather Falling, Smokestick x2, Thunderstone x2, Thundering Hand Crossbow

Background:
Life was a cutthroat existance in the bogs of Vaasa, at any minute one's life was forfeit either to the strong or to the environment which ate goblins unwary and less so with equal vigor.  As a child of the Coldtree Tribe, Dokri lived such a life and internalized the lessons well.  The world would not grant any favors that he could not wrest for himself.  Being fed and not beaten required a sharp and cunning mind.  Whomever was strongest had the right to rule and all others to serve until they could overthrow the strongest.

Dokri realized that dominance in Vaasa was a very short-lived creature.  There was something that got you regardless of how careful one could be.  As such, it was foolish to attempt to thrive in the hard lands of Vaasa.  The first opportunity he found, Dokri fled the bogs and towards civilization.  However as a goblin, life was hard in the civilized cities.  Ill-trusted and harried by zealous citizens eager to exterminate him, Dokri grew in stealth and cunning in order to survive.

As he grew into his skills, Dokri gradually moved south from the Moonsea through various cities before finally ending up in Cormyr.  Dokri has established himself as a small-time facilitater in the  Cormyran underworld.  There was no task too small or dirty that Dokri would not do.  As such, he earned coin and created a comfortable life there in Suzail.  Dokri is mindful to keep his head down, particular during the Goblin Wars where a goblin roaming the captial would be less than appreciated.

The current situation in Cormyr is an excellent opportunity to fatten his pouch again as chaos roams through the streets of Suzail.  This is indeed a most profitable time to be alive.

NicciKotor

For any one who is wearing medium or heavy armor, there is a super useful magic property in the magic item compendium. It's called magical armor. It is a flat 2000 gp, where as a standard action you can 'summon' your armor on and off of your body. When you are not wearing it, it will just lay there in your bag or in your room.

You have to be in the same plane with your armor to get this to work, so not that big of a negative. If you get portaled into another dimension, then that is a small concern for now.

Book of erotic fantasy has some useful things in it. The celestium material for armor is quite good. Some of the base races are decent as well. Kundala is a interesting variety on the monk.

Since I went for adamantine longsword, I went and got power attack in order to get improved sunder. Since cleaving a +1 magic weapon with one swipe is just precious.

Having ten feats is just so silly.

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

AtwasAwamps

Hey there! Posting a character bio and general build notes as I work on the sheet.

Bio:

CONCEPTION: THE SIEGE
Nobody talked about it anymore. Nobody wanted to.

The battle had started like any other…an order of paladins defending a fortress against a brutal orcish assault. The paladins were outnumbered, of course, but that was no new development for the holy warriors. They were a small but unique order dedicated to Tempus…dedicated to turning the arts of battle to the good of man-or-what-have-you kind. Hence they had journeyed here, to where they had heard tell of an orcish attack that would have left many bodies of innocents in its wake.

The battle was at a standstill when a figure in black appeared amidst all of it, jamming its staff into the ground and rending the earth with a cry of power and fury. Within moments, what was a battle between two sides became one between three, as a slew of fiends came crawling from the depths to assault both the orcs and paladins.

A hasty alliance was made as the orcs found themselves trapped in the secure fortress with their former foes and the siege began.

The siege lasted for months before the last fiends were eliminated in a concerted rush. In honor of their fallen friends and enemies alike, the orcs retreated to their homelands while the paladins did the same. No one spoke of what happned in the fortress during those months…tales of heroism came forth eventually, of course, but there are other sides to siege…things done that no one speaks of. Moments seized when all seems lost…moments created by two people giving into loneliness and terror and seeing their own mortality far, far too close.

In a few months, a female orc named Oranka discovered the results of such a moment.

She named him Dakkath.

BARBARISM: FIRST LOSSES

Dakkath’s childhood was neither cruel nor kind. Orcs expected their young to keep up and Dakkath’s human blood did not make him an exception to the rule. He was trained ruthlessly, constantly…he was given no quarter, asked for none, and gave none when pitted against the stronger, more brutal youths of his clan. He held his own, though never matching them in their raw force and rarely coming out on the winning side of fights.

As he grew older, his thin orc blood grew more and more apparent. His skin was lighter than the others, his muscular body strong but never stooped. Oranka joked that he had more of his father in him than she’d had, as the boy grew up to be quite an attractive half-orc…his face bore the tell-tale heavy brow and pronounced lower jaw, but not to the extreme that many faced, and the rest of his countenance was considered handsome by what traders were willing to brave the orc’s encampments. In his teenage years, young Dakkath found himself shoved to the forefront of such trading excursions, his attractive appearance and more amicable demeanor leading to increased trading prospects for the clan.

A capable warrior and by default the tribe’s only diplomat, Dakkath’s life was good as he began adulthood. Many wondered whether he would be content to stay with the tribe or whether he would seek his fortunes in another country…he was a powerful enough warrior and with his ready wit, he could be quite an asset to a military or mercenary group.

Unfortunately, that question was never answered.

The tribe’s leaders heard tell of a figure in black that had appeared on the outskirts of their territory. A familiar figure…one that had last been seen almost twenty years ago during the siege that had resulted in Dakkath. It was time to settle a score.

Messages were sent to the temples of Tempus, seeking the paladins who had fought alongside the orc tribe years ago, offering them a chance to scourge the realms of the monster that both groups reviled. But the orcs could not wait for their allies to arrive…they had to march, to hunt their target as fast as possible, before he could slip away or cause more havoc.

The tribe’s scouts tracked the dark figure to a canyon where it had apparently set up some kind of camp. Wardrums beating, the tribe marched forward, breaking into a run as they saw their target…saw the fiends he had summoned crawling out of the shadows to meet them. Orc collided with monster, axe with flesh, claws with skin, as a battle was joined with two sides equally as rage-bidden as the other.

The orcs were outnumbered and more fiends were flowing out of the walls of the canyon. Had it been an ambush? Had the dark man known they would be coming? Dakkath watched helplessly as his clanmates…his brothers…even his aging but still warring mother…fell to the claws and weapons of the hellish nightmare that advanced on him. Screaming in fury, he and his last few comrades hurled themselves into the gap left by his mother’s falling, their weapons flashing, their bodies soaked in blood.

The last thing Dakkath remembered were the sharp pain in his side, the impact he felt as his body fell atop his mothers, and the sounds of a warrior’s battlehorn, echoing off the walls of the canyon…but neither orcs nor fiends carried such instruments to battle…

HOLY WARRIOR: NEW LIFE

When Dakkath awoke, his mind assessed the situation rapidly.

First, he was naked. This was how he usually awoke, so it was not a major impasse. However, he was covered in bandages and it hurt to move.

Second, he was not in a tent or yurt, but in a room of what looked to be a stone building. He lay not in furs and skins, but in a bed.

Third, there was a man watching him. The man looked oddly familiar, but Dakkath had never seen him before. In the strange man’s hand was a lion-fang pendant…Dakkath recognized it as the one his mother always wore.

“You’re awake,” said the man softly, reaching out to touch the half-orc’s brow carefully. “That’s good. I was worried for a bit. They didn’t know if you’d make it.”

Dakkath sat up…gingerly, and looked at the man for a long moment, unable to form words to the question he wanted to ask. Finally, he found his tongue.

“Who are you?”

The man smiled slightly and held out a cup of water, which Dakkath took gratefully.

“I’m your father. What’s your name?”

They shared their stories in their own time…the paladin, named Drayson, wanted to know all about Dakkath’s life amongst the orcs and how he’d faired amongst his mother’s people. Dakkath told him everything and Drayson listened without judgement or disapproval. He then apologized to his son for leaving him fatherless…he had no idea till he’d seen Dakkath lying on the field, barely alive, shielding Oranka’s body, that he even had a son. He’d recognized Dakkath’s eyes as his own and had brought the wounded half-orc back to the temple. Dakkath was his tribe’s last known survivor.

“You are welcome to stay with us, son,” Drayson said, pressing the lion-fang amulet into the young half-orc’s hand. “We could use a warrior of your skills and you may find the faith to your liking...you were born of a battle, after all, and what else could show a mark of Tempus’ favor than that?”

Dakkath clasped his father’s hands and smiled, before toppling back onto the bed, exhausted. Sorrow lurked in him, at having lost the only family he knew, but here was a new beginning, waiting for him.

HELLREAVER: THE NIGHTMARE OF FIENDS

The battlefield was strewn with ichor and severed limbs, twisted and shattered under the force of the blade wielded by the figure surrounded by strange smoke. Clad in spiked armor, Dakkath stood, facing the figure robed in darkness that had time and again haunted his past and present. The figure was gibbering, stumbling backwards, clutching the stub where its arm had been. Dakkath recognized the face…an orcish shaman that had been banished from the tribe he’d grown up with. The man who’d summoned the fiends that had surrounded and slaughtered his father and his men as they fought off a bandit incursion. The man who was responsible both for his birth and the death of those who birthed him.

The half-orc raised his hand to his neck, drawing out two amulets that rested against the mithril steel of his armor. One, a set of lion’s fangs, arranged in a sunburst. The other, a forged steel shield and sword, the symbol of Tempus.

“My parents would be proud,” the half-orc sneered. Like justice unstoppable, he crossed the floor, barreling through a last ditch spell from his target as his falchion came cleaving downwards, the curved blade whistling through the air and cutting off the summoner’s final scream as it split his skull…and jaw…and ribcage…the mighty blow ending only when the blade had cut halfway through the foe’s body. With a wrench, Dakkath pulled the weapon free and smiled, tucking the symbols of his parents back under his armor and nodding in satisfaction.

“Never again. Not to anyone, not anywhere, not anyway,” he said, softly and grimly to the battlefield around him. “No more. I will make hell fear me.”

---

Okay...that's really long...sorry...

BUILD OUTLINE:

Lion Spirit Totem Barbarian 1 (Complete Champion)/Paladin of Freedom 4 (Unearthed Arcana, Half-Orc Sub levels from Races of Destiny)/Hellreaver 4 (Fiendish Compendium II)
O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend
The brightest heaven of invention;
A kingdom for a stage, princes to act
And monarchs to behold the swelling scene.

William Shakespeare, Henry V, Prologue

Please Check My A/A - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=79643.0

Tackyhillbilly

Arivel Durvesh
Human Factotum 9
Medium Humanoid
Hit Dice: 9d8+18 (62)
Initiative: +1
Armor Class: 20 (+1 Dex, +5 armor), 12 touch , 19 flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple: +6 / +8
Attack: +1 Seeking Longbow +8 [1d8+2/20 x3], Masterwork Greatsword +8 [2d6+1/19-20 x2]
Full Attack: +1 Seeking Longbow +8/+3 [1d8+2/20 x3], Masterwork Greatsword +8/+3 [2d6+1/19-20 x2]
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities: Inspiration: 20, Cunning Insight, Cunning Knowledge, Trapfinding, Brains over Brawn, Cunning Defense, Cunning Strike, Oppurtunistic Piety, Cunning Surge
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +6
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 16
Skills: Appraise +6, Balance +12, Bluff +8, Climb +6, Concentration +2, Deciper Script +6, Diplomacy +21, Disable Device +6, Disguise +4, Escape Artist +6, Forgery +6, Gather Information +6, Handle Animal +4, Heal +1, Hide +17, Intimidate +17, Jump +12, Knowledge Arcana +10, Knowledge Architecture and Engineering +6, Knowledge Dungeoneering +6, Knowledge Geography +6, Knowledge History +6, Knowledge Local +10, Knolwedge Nature +8, Knowledge Nobility and Royalty +10, Knowledge Religion +10, Knowledge The Planes +6, Listen +1, Move Silently +6, Open Lock +6, Perform +4, Ride +6, Search +6, Sense Motive +5, Sleight of Hand +8, Spellcraft +8, Spot +1, Survival +5, Swim +6, Tumble +18, Use Magical Device +15, Use Rope +6
Skill Ranks: Appraise 1, Balance 5, Bluff 1, Climb 1, Concentration 1, Deciper Script 1, Diplomacy 12, Disable Device 1, Disguise 1, Escape Artist 1, Forgery 1, Gather Information 1, Handle Animal 1, Heal 1, Hide 12, Intimidate 12, Jump 5, Knowledge Arcana 5, Knowledge Architecture and Engineering 1, Knowledge Dungeoneering 1, Knowledge Geography 1, Knowledge History 1, Knowledge Local 5, Knowledge Nature 1, Knowledge Nobility and Royalty 5, Knowledge Religion 5, Knowledge The Planes 1, Listen 1, Move Silently 1, Open Lock 1, Perform 1, Ride 1, Search 1, Sense Motive 5, Sleight of Hand 1, Spellcraft 1, Spot 1, Survival 5, Swim 1, Tumble 11, Use Magical Device 12, Use Rope 1

Feats: Font of Inspiration, Font of Inspiration, Font of Inspiration, Font of Inspiration, Font of Inspiration
Alignment: True Neutral

Equipment: +1 Seeking Longbow (8400 gp), Masterwork Greatsword (350 gp), +2 Mithral Breastplate (8200 GP), Cloak of Resistance +3 (9000 gp), Ring of Protection +1 (2000 gp), Necklace of Natural Armor +1 (2000 gp), Bag of Holding Type II (5000 gp), Bedroll (1 sp), Crowbar (2 gp), Flint and Steel (1 gp), Grappling Hook (1 gp), Rope, Silk 100ft (20gp), Tent (10 gp), Thieves Tools (Masterwork) (100 gp), Musical Instument (Masterwork) (Lute) (100 gp), Holy Symbol (Silver) (25 gp), Healer's Kit (50 gp), Disguise Kit (50 gp), Climber's Kit (80 gp), Bit and Brilde (2 gp), Saddle, Riding (30 gp), Horse, Heavy (200 gp), Trail Rations x10 (5 gp), Waterskin (1 gp)

Sources
Factotum Class: Dungeonscape
Feat: Font of Inspiration (Wizards.com)
Spells: Nightstalker's Transforation, and Ruin Delvers Fortune (Spell Compendium

All not listed are from the SRD.
---

Like this?

Stupid Factotums needing 1 rank in all skills!

swordwind

So we have a large amount of PCs waiting to be judged right now....so how will we know if we have been selected and that the game will keep on rolling?

jisko888

I'll have my character up tomorrow night I hope. My copy of Complete Divine has somehow vanished off the face of the earth, and the cleric Prestige class I wanted + Some feats was in there >_< Might have a digital copy somewhere too...

ff

everyone

Two more lines to add to the template:

After the character name, a line for race and classes, for example:

"Imoen
Human Thief-3 Wizard-5 Arcane Trickster-1
Medium Humanoid (human)
..."

Also, after Skills, a line for Skill Ranks:

"
Skills: Jump +7, Tumble +9
Skill Ranks: Jump +5, Tumble +5
"

Keeping track of the ranks helps with keep tracking for level-ups, prereqs,synergies, general double-checking, etc. They're not part of the standard stat block but I find it quite helpful with my own chars. Also, under Skill Ranks, put the number of points you've put into Speak Language, if any, like Muse did.

Also, HP are the normal deterministic amount of max at first level, half after (rounding down first, then up, then alternating).

Also, Traits and Flaws are permissible (though not necessarily advantageous), if anyone was wondering. Variant classes probably are too, like the Human Paragon Muse used - but not any UA material that's actual changes to the rulesystem (the various alternate sytems).

Customized magic items may be asked about, generally okay things that are lateral switches (like a Flame Tongue which is a scimitar instead of a longsword and otherwise the same) or items which follow the price formulas such as the bonus-squared or uses-per-day formulae. For example, an item which combines two 'official' items and has the price of (price of greater)+1.5x(price of lesser.) Also for example, an item which casts bless weapon 3/day for 1,080 gp (=1800 * 3/5); note that casting the spell is a separate action from attacking with the weapon you use it on. If you do something like this, in the parenthetical with the item price, include a blurb on how you calculated it.

(Generally these won't be any better than the existing items; I'm not recommending it, just mentioning it.)

A kind of custom item which is frequently asked about and not a good idea are at-will / continuous items, such as at-will Cure Light Wounds or True Strike. (The custom item price formulae are guidelines, not rules or guarantees). Preexisting unlimited / continuous / at-will items in the srd / manuals are fine  (such as the energy resistance items which are effectively continuous Resist Energy of one type,  or the Ring of Feather Falling, or Ring of Freedom of Movement).

Muse

Don't forget the save mods! The template just left the +s in so people wouldn't have to reenter them, but after those go the char's modifier numbers.

Also please include 'Sources' like I mentioned before. Is Kelsie's Holy Medallion a combation of several items? Is the Cormyrean Destrier statistically different from other warhoses?

Kirins

How'd you get 9d6 = 54 HP?

Tackyhillbilly

I don't think Factotums have to put a rank in each skill (a 1st level one likely would've even have enough points). They have all skills as class skils, which means they can (without the cross-class 1/2ing).

If they have a class feature which lets you be considered 'trained' in each skill, I doubt that requires putting ranks in (and you don't have to write the mods for skills you didn't put ranks in).

And don't forget an equipment list (with the prices of items in parentheses).

swordwind

When you know, you'll know you know.

Tackyhillbilly

Cunning Insight, the class ability you speak of, requires 1 rank in the Skill. So no, you don't need a rank in every skill, but it is wise to have one.

NicciKotor

Also, HP are the normal deterministic amount of max at first level, half after (rounding down first, then up, then alternating).

I have no idea what you are saying here. How do you alternate a 5 on a d10 roll?
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

ff

Quote from: NicciKotor on November 23, 2010, 06:25:54 PM
I have no idea what you are saying here. How do you alternate a 5 on a d10 roll?

10 5 6 5 6 5 6 5 6 5....

The average of a d10 is 5.5, since it's 1-10 and not 0-10, so rounding down is 5 and up is 6.

Kirinis

Readjusted my hitpoints, I was under the mistaken impression that HP were based on maximum value of the dice possible.  So I changed it to your specifications.

Tackyhillbilly

FF, that what you were looking for in an equipment list?

ff

Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on November 24, 2010, 12:04:41 AM
FF, that what you were looking for in an equipment list?

Yep, just like that!

Also -

1. List race and class(es) on the line after name and before size/type, i.e.

"Human Factotum-9
Medium Humanoid"

2. Skill Ranks line after skills (a PITA for your char, I know.) In Skills itself, don't break out the ranks+ modifiers...but you may wish to keep those handy, either by pasting them below everything else (including Equipment and Sources) or in your own notes.

3. Sources. For wizards.com things like the Font of Inspiration, use a link or just say wizards.com (googling "Font of Inspiration site:wizards.com" will bring almost anything up).