[Exalted 2.5] Infernals: Heroes of Hell (LFM)

Started by Re Z L, November 23, 2012, 06:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cessali

Ooh, new setting question!  We know the Yozi of the Reclamation are free to do as they please in Creation, but are they the only six that broke free?  And either way, where are they at now?

ShadowFox89

Also, how does demon summoning work now?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Re Z L

Infernals were originally Mortals.  They have a morality based on their experiences as a Mortal, but the reference is somewhat skewed.

Compassion could just as easily be saving a demon who just recently killed a family from being slain by a Solar.
Conviction is generally easy to justify as being good or evil.
Temperance is a tricky one to work with, it's a singleminded ability to hone in on their objectives despite temptation.
Valor is another generally easy one.

The virtues of the Yozis are entirely alien (and you have Cosmic Transcendence of (Virtue) to emphasize this) but the virtues of the Infernals are more human.  Abyssals are the dark reflection of the Solars, whereas the Infernals are something else entirely.

That said, virtues don't necessarily equate to morality.  Also keep in mind that your virtues are what dictate how much limit you lose for performing acts of villainy.

In short, take what virtues you think fit the character based on a structure that makes sense to you.  If I feel you may have difficulty with it when I review your sheet then I'll go over them with you.  For now, though, don't worry about it too much   ;D

Quote from: Jarick on November 30, 2012, 06:12:08 PM
Ooh, new setting question!  We know the Yozi of the Reclamation are free to do as they please in Creation, but are they the only six that broke free?  And either way, where are they at now?

A number of Yozis have escaped, not just the six I mentioned in the prologue.  Szoreny is happily remaking parts of the East, Isidoros is rumbling around in the Southeast, etc.  Yozis are free to travel to and from Malfeas as they please, though they are also able to inhabit multiple places at once as normal.  Most tend to remain in Creation, because who can resist a new playground?

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 30, 2012, 06:13:30 PM
Also, how does demon summoning work now?

Very well  ;D

It will function identically to how it did before.  Of course Infernal sorcerers get different summoning spells than your Lunar would.
A&A

ShadowFox89

Guess I should ask, what's the Yozi/Infernal view on Argent Witches?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Okay one of my manses powers is having a second circle demon guardian. I think the best way to figure out what said demon can do is just pick a second circle demon from a book and keep the stats but change the flavor and who it's an aspect of (in this case one of SWIHN third circle souls). Sound Good?

I think the best choice for such a Majordomo is using the stat block of ALVEUA, THE KEEPER OF THE FORGE OF NIGHT (roll of glorious divinities 2, pg 55).  Though I'm open to other suggestions.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Krule

Working on my PC now, he's twisting into shape slowly, the Chrysalis is unfolding.. but I should have an updated version posted soon

Re Z L

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 30, 2012, 07:16:25 PM
Okay one of my manses powers is having a second circle demon guardian. I think the best way to figure out what said demon can do is just pick a second circle demon from a book and keep the stats but change the flavor and who it's an aspect of (in this case one of SWIHN third circle souls). Sound Good?

I think the best choice for such a Majordomo is using the stat block of ALVEUA, THE KEEPER OF THE FORGE OF NIGHT (roll of glorious divinities 2, pg 55).  Though I'm open to other suggestions.

HOW CAN YOU SAY NO TO HAMMER?

A&A

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Re Z L

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 30, 2012, 06:29:37 PM
Guess I should ask, what's the Yozi/Infernal view on Argent Witches?

This applies to just about anything:

If you are not Yozi, Yozi born, or made by the Yozi (Infernals), then the Yozis want to kill you or convert you in some way.  Lunars fall into a strange grey area, and they make very little distinction from one group to another.  If the Lunar in question is mated to an Infernal then they keep a tentative watch on them since they do have some measure of control over them.  It's not hard to get the impression that if the Lunar ever steps outside its bounds, or somehow becomes a liability, then they wouldn't hesitate to kill him.  For now, though, they accept them.
A&A

ShadowFox89

Alright, sounds fair. I'll just have to make sure to keep myself useful >:D
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

tangentially, the Lunars are also somewhat inclined to defend creation and shape mortal societies. I can see the primordials going 'there, we made bigger, like it used to be, now keep up the good work of driving back the wyld.... or do you plan to abandon your dooooody?' and some of the more eugenic lunars might appreciate the challenge the primordials pose to established civilizations.

Not all mind, but there are angles for the lunars to 'get along' with the new order. As long as they do a good job dealing with the Wyld, the new masters of creation could grant them many boons they have not enjoyed in millennia, like free access to Moonsilver, the interior of Creation in general, and carte blanc to collect their newly exalted brethren without being antagonised. (and none of this poses any serious threat to the Primordials, Lunars are not Solars after all). As demonstrated with the Infernals, the Yozi can be quite generous to those who serve their interests.

ShadowFox89

Well, remember Darkling, we're talking Argent Witches, not Thousand Streams :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 30, 2012, 09:15:17 PM
Well, remember Darkling, we're talking Argent Witches, not Thousand Streams :P
i still want proper red moon princesses, but none of the awesome charmcrafter people seem able to get it working right. D:

Never read the writeup on argent witches, probably should.

Krule

Name: Kyren, the Lord of the Silver Flame
  Concept: Divine Ruler
  Caste: Malefactor
  Coajuator: Gilmyne, The Dancer at the Saigoth Gate
  Motivation: To Prove Himself a Great and Worthy Ruler on His own Terms
  Urge: To Rule over a Domain in Service of the Yozis (Cecelyne)
  Intimacies: Cecelyne (Resentful Respect), Ebon Dragon (Suppressed Hatred), The Reclamation (uncertainty), Beauty (Admiration), Dance & Music (Love), Terrestrial Bureaucracy (Contempt), His People (Angry Affection), Lunars (Wary Interest), Other Infernals (Cautious Kinship)
  Anima: Silver Flames mixed with green light twist and move around him.
  Anima Power: + 1 Appearance & +1 to bind demons with sorcery

Character Sheet

Strength 2 Dexterity 5(6) Stamina 2
Perception 2 Intelligence 3 Wits 2
Appearance 5(6) Manipulation 3 Charisma 3(4)

Favored
- Athletics 1
- Dodge 5
- Martial Arts 3
- Occult 5
- Lore 1

Caste
- Integrity 1
- Performance 5 (Dance +2, Music +1)
- Presence 1
- Resistance 1
- Survival 1

Socialize 1
Linguistics 1 [Native: Skytongue || Old Realm]
Awareness 1

Willpower 10 [5 freebies]
- Compassion 3
- Conviction 4 [1 freebie]
- Temperance 2
- Valor 2
Essence 3

Backgrounds

- Cult 4
- Manse 3 [Gem of Grace (+2 to Manipulation and Charisma Rolls) - Cecelyne]
- Manse 3 [Crystal of Legendary Leadership (+1 Bonus Sux to Bureaucracy, Performance Presence involving leadership or governance, or rallying troops in War) - Malfeas]
Demon Ink Tattoo (Gilmyne) [Artifact 3]
   Specialties: Performance (Dance) + 1, Lore (Demon Dances) + 1, Martial Arts (Performing Katas + 1)
   Abilities: Performance + 1, Dodge +1, Athletics + 1
   Attributes:  + 1 Appearance, + 1 Charisma, + 1 Dexterity
Heartstone Bracers [Artifact 2]
Heaven Thunder Leaves [Artifact 2]
Vestment of Holy Vigilance [Artifact 2]
Resources - 3 [He could have more, but he doesn't care that much at this point]

Charms

- Malfeas (Favored)
   First (Malfeas) Excellency
   Hardened Devil Body
   By Pain Reforged
   Nightmare Fugue Vigilance
   Crowned With Fury
   Beauty Without Malice
- Cecelyne
   Hellscry Chakra
   Transcendent Desert Creature
   Holy Land Infliction      
   Transcendent Desert Within
   Stone-Flayer Touch
- She Who Lives in Her Name
   Chilarity Prohibition Index
   Factual Determination Analysis
   Essence Dissecting Stare
   Counter-Conceptual Interposition
   Mind-Hand Manipulation
   Principle Invoking Onslaught
   Constructive Convergence of Principles

Backstory

Backstory: Once the heir of a small kingdom to the northwest, on the isle of Rajtul (largest isle off the North), Kyren was rejected by his people when he defied their high priest, perhaps he would have won their commitment to his cause in that moment, but at the critical moment, his conviction faltered and his voice failed him.  For a moment though, he almost pushed on anyway, and his conviction was such that he might have become one of the chosen of the unconquered sun at that moment... but he gave up.   And he was ritually disinherited, by divine ritual and royal law, stripped of wealth, power and possessions, then cast out to the cold, bruised, naked and left for dead... it was then that the demon came to make him the offer. Rejected by his people, who he had loved, cast out by the priest and his gods, Kyren was a prime target for such a temptation, and upon his acceptance he was incased in the Crystalis Grotesque, to inherit a great and terrible power, and soon enough his former people felt the lash of his power.  The priest felt the spear as he impaled him upon it as part of his first sacrifice at the Thing Infernal. 

But before that, he was sent to deal with other matters, more then one deity and elemental fell to his power, for he could see and strike even those beings who were normally invisible and untouchable by such power.  During the invasion of the east, he was bending the land into the shape that pleased the astestics of She Who Lives in Her Name, and has moved what remains of his people onto one of the more southernly isles of her domain, an area that he has altered to serve as his own domain and to keep his people... whom he both feels affection and anger toward.

Within his domain, there are certain laws, taboos and changes to society - using Chilarity Prohibition Index.

• No mortal can wear clothing, that is the province of greater powers (Exalted and others, who may chose to wear or not wear what they please)
  • Everyone is to be tattooed with intricate and beautiful tattoos to indicate their place in society, status is allocated by beauty and grace, the greater these the greater one’s status. Jewels may also be worn to enhance beauty.
  • Every 12 hours, they are to gather in a hour of prayer to their Lord (Him) and the Yozi’s. 
  • Dance and Music are to be encouraged and preformed often, his people are to learn and practice all forms of such things often
  • Only the most beautiful members of society are to have children (appearance 3 or better) [This is a long term plan to breed his people to certain aesthetics]
  • Children are to be raised properly, taught their place in society and kept separately from general society until they are prepared to enter it as adults.
  • To actively attempt to permanently mar any form of beauty is a terrible crime worthy of painful death.
  • There are no sexual taboos, save only a few (essentially site limits mixed in with a few of my own.. check my on’s and offs.. ignore the part about Male/Male pairings, no issues with those in his society, though he himself has no interest in then..  and in terms of Lunar’s, most things allowed with regards to them)

On a slightly different note, while some of this is a result of his anger with his people,  he has also used Constructive Convergence of Principles to create crystal spires filled with silver fire that keeps his domain a warm tropical environment, so that they do not suffer to much from his laws.

Freebies:28 
4 favored/caste charms - 12 || Willpower +5 -5 || Virtues +2 -2 || Backgrounds + 4
NOTE: This needs cleaning up, refinement and some more details in terms of backstory, but sense a sheet was necessary by friday, I wanted to produce it by now.  If there are any issues, let me know and I'll make changes.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Krule on November 30, 2012, 09:45:26 PM

Name: Kyren, the Lord of the Silver Flame
  Concept: Divine Ruler
  Caste: Malefactor (Alternatively Defiler or possibly Slayer) -

Assuming we don't end up rivals he may really like The Bitch Queen. A shame he doesn't swing that way. I could seduce him anyway (it would actually be real easy) but I tend not to use mind control on players against their will.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Re Z L on November 30, 2012, 08:18:21 PM
HOW CAN YOU SAY NO TO HAMMER?

Long story short. I can't say no to that hammer. She is the perfect demon to maintain and guard my anathemic, teleporting, artifact crafting, thinking city.  Though that specific demon has a long history and complex motivation and bound demon guards have a motivation to guard. So it will just have her stats and be more pliable.  I have a drawing of a hot blacksmith guy I think ill use as the appearance.   

Dracorion

Name:Scarlet Thorn
Type:Infernal
Caste:Scourge (favoring Malfeas)
Motivation:Outrace Adorjan
Urge:ST Chooses
Intimacies:Solars (derision), Abyssals (Contempt), Adorjan (Admiration), Malfeas (Respect), Fellow Infernals (Kinship), Other Yozis (Deference), Going fast (Love), Torture (Fun), Mortals (Playthings)
Anima:A furious whirlwind with a sickly green hue whipping around her
Anima Power:Muffle anima banner building with extra mote(s). 5m create perfect silence on char to add essence number of automatic success on stealth rolls where silence is taking part. 10m allows form field of silence where no sound escapes to outside (but objects thrown to outside field are heard).
Birthday: 8th of Descending Water
Height:5'2"
Weight:Please consult the Bureau of Secrets
Skin:Pale Caucasian
Hair:Silver
Eyes:Bright blue
Style:Crimson thong and chestplate, with matching greaves and shoulderpads.
Charsheet

Strength3  Charisma1  Perception2
Dexterity5Manipulation3Intelligence1
Stamina3Appearance5Wits4

Archery0Integrity3CraftX
Martial Arts5Performance0Investigation2
Melee0Presence2Lore0
Thrown0Resistance2Medicine0
War0Survival3Occult2

Athletics5Bureaucracy0
Awareness4Linguistics1
Dodge5Ride0
Larceny2Sail0
Stealth2Socialize0

Craft Invested dots
Air0
Earth0
Fire0
Water0
Wood0
Magitech0

Specialties
Melee: Short Swords3
Dodge: While running3
Athletics: Clearing obstacles2

Languages:
Riverspeak (native), Old Realm

Charms

Malfeas
Hardened Devil Body

Adorjan
First Excellency
Wind-Born Stride
Hateful Wretched Noise
Who Strikes the Wind?
Joy in Violence Approach
Threat-Monitoring Excitement
Self as Cyclone Stance
Running to Forever
Death-Dealing Journey
Thousandfold Typhoon Hand
Racing Vitaris
Murder is Meat

Fire Dragon Style
Flash-Fire Technique
Flame-Flicker Stance
Searing Fist Attack
Perfect Blazing Blow
Fire Dragon Form

Backgrounds
Cult (Adorjan)3
Unwoven Coadjutor5 (Angyalkae)
Resources3
Artifact2 (Two Vitriolic Blue Jade Short Daiklaves)
Artifact2 (Vitriolic Adamant Hearthstone Bracers)
Artifact2 (Vitriolic Adamant Lamellar)
Manse3 (Windhands Gemstone)
Manse4 (Seven-Leaping Dragon Stone)

Flaws
Barbarian (+3pts)

Virtues
Compassion1Conviction5
Temperance1Valor3

Flawed Virtue:
Conviction

Defense Values (dodge):
Physical:8, Mental:8
Soak:
9B/11L/11A (unarmored 3B/1L)
Health Levels:
-0, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, -4, incapacitated, x3 death
Attacks:
Punch: Spd 5 Acc 11 Dmg 3B Def 6 Rate 3 Tags: N
Kick: Spd 5 Acc 10 Dmg 6B Def 4 Rate 2 Tags: N
Clinch: Spd 6 Acc 10 Dmg 3B Def 5 Rate 1 Tags: C,N,P
Blue Jade Short Daiklave: Spd 4 Acc 20 Dmg 7/2L Def 6 Rate 6 Tags: O,Th
(Calculations include Short Swords specialty, Seven Leaping Dragon Stone and Adamant Hearthstone Bracer bonuses)

Willpower:

Essence:
Personal Pool:
19/19
Peripheral Pool:
40/27
Other Pools:
10/0
Committed:

Bonus Points 31/31
Abilities (10pts): Linguistics 1, Occult 2, Presence 2, Athletics 2 to 5, Awareness 2 to 4
Specialties (2pts): Dodge +3, Athletics +1
Favored Charms (12pts): Flame-Flicker Stance, Searing Fist Attack, Perfect Blazing Blow, Fire Dragon Form
Backgrounds (7pts): Cult 2 to 3, Manse 3 to 4, Unwoven Coadjutor 3 to 5
Background
xxxx

Muse

Hey folks, I have an idea for a somewhat perverted bruiser coming up.  Sorry I'm taking so long. 

Do we have many anti-zeniths?  Or would an anti-dawn be more useful? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Cessali

At the moment, it looks like our mix is two Slayers, two Malefactors, a Defiler, two Scourges, a Fiend, and an affiliated Changing Moon, so you've got a fair amount of wiggle room for whatever.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Jarick on November 30, 2012, 05:48:54 PM
You can put them past 4, you just need to spend BP to bump them to that final dot.  Minha has both Compassion and Temperance 5, and I spent BP to get both of those.

Ah! That case....*edits sheet*

PaleEnchantress

I still don't have my masochistic, psychopathic, studmuffin, sex slave I wanted. ( Boo hoo hoo poor me, right?)

Krule

Minha is more Kyran's type then Sonnellion is, for that matter, Thorn if she didn't enjoy torture so much would be more his type... curious to see what our Fiend and Lunar shall end up as.

Though I'm willing to entertain the possibility of some degree of teasing from Sonnellion about seducing him (if it actually went to seduction, Kyran would be resentful later.. so I recommend against it.. unless you want him to have an intimacy of resentment toward Sonnellion, that could be problematic later)

Dracorion

I may change Thorn's torture intimacy to something akin to "playing with her food", since that'd fit better. I dunno if that makes you feel any better about her or anything.

Muse

Here's what I'm working on, ReZ.  Please let me know soon if it's not your style. 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Three Maiden Spear
--Formerly:  Carnelian God Crusher
--Formerly:  Carnelian Sands

Type:      Infernal
Caste:      Malefactor
Apparent Age   27
Birthday:   9th of Resplendent Fire
Height      6’6”
Weight:   303lbs
Skin:      Caramel
Hair:      Raven Wing Curls
Eyes:      Cinnamon

Motivation:   Ravish every virgin goddess. 
Urge:      Corrupt or destroy any god who has not resumed loyalty to the Yozi’s. 

Intimacies: 
Be worshiped as a powerful infernal god:  Ambition. 
Girls who have not submitted to him:  Lust and drive to dominate. 
Girls who have submitted to him:  Lust and loyalty. 

History:   In the beginning days of the Reclamation Carnelian Sands was a mighty desert nomad—second son of a barbarian king—was approached in a bizarre by a beautiful foreign maiden.  She was fair skinned with hair like the dawn.  She had little skills for her own defense, but was wise indeed in the ways of magical engineering.  The Five Maidens wrote them a destiny together in the stars.  If he reigned in his lusts and protected her from the team of immaculate hunting her, she would quickly succumb to her heroes honorable desires—winning him both her heart and the hart of the lunar sorceress—her mate who even now desperately sought her out.  They would discover mighty weapons from ancient times in a ruin and she would equip his army with them.  If they were strong and resolute, with other’s rallying under their banner, they would do much to slow or even outright thwart the Reclamation. 
   It was not to be. 
   Love stirred in Carnelian’s heart for this exotic and intelligent beauty, and lust in his loins.  He pledged to protect her, vanquished the mortals who pursued her, and carried her off into the desert.  That night, he wooed her with sweet romance and burning kisses.  The solar girl was shy and demure.  She denied him, though her body screamed for more. 
   Carnelian knew a rage like never before at being denied.  Already he’d vanquished seven mortal monks for this enchantress and still she denied him?  He enjoyed her quite forcefully.  Despite all her cries of no, her body still cried for more and he gave it to her in abundance. 
   Her conflicted heart did not save their destiny.  If anything, it only made her more afraid.  The girl fled before the coming of the dawn.  She and her lunar lover were destroyed by Akuma immaculate.  Carnelian’s story, though, was not over.  Cecelyne and Adorjan exlated him.  In the chrysalis profane, they wooed him and ravished him.  They remade him in their image and lifted him on high.  At the last moments they saw their potential undoing—that beneath all they’d wrought to blacken his lecherous soul, Carnelian still had the capacity for love.  Fearing this, they cut out his heart and replaced it with a clockwork prosthetic that redoubled his strength but sapped his compassion, leaving only his lust. 
   What was love after all?  Just some cosmic joke, like the slain Sun’s light on the blue sea… 
   Charged with the corruption or destruction of the disloyal gods, Carnelian was released upon Creation to fight the Reclamation.  Slaying his father and older brother, he claimed the throne of his nation.  He lead them glorious battle after glorious battle.  No foe could stand before their strength. No vestal virgin or quivering goddess could resist their lusts.  When the time was right, they seized a gate to Yuu Shan and poured into the celestial city itself, a strike coordinated with many others.  In the aftermath of that glorious raid in which the Unconquered Sun himself was slain, Carnelian defeated three virgin goddesses.  Taking each as his captive war bride, he deflowered each and broke them into his devoted concubines and priestesses of his cult. 
   His driving goal, however, was thwarted.  His lust for Luna cooled with no further opportunity to cuckold the Unconquered Sun.  His taste for virgins became his new fire. He took his new title—Three Maiden Spear—and set out on his holy journey to destroy the remaining rebel gods, ravish and corrupt the rebel goddesses.   
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)