What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on September 11, 2011, 06:32:18 PM
Dead Island is fun, but the only possible way I'd recommend a full price purchase is if you have three good friends who like to lan a lot.
I am a little short in the friends-who-live-close-to-me-and have-Xbox 360s department. :\

Looks like I'm playing Off the Record. :D

Frank is back, baby!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wyrd

Downloaded 2 demos today. Space Marines and Body count AKA Gears of war and Bad Company. I'v never really known to much about Warhammer 40k, but I found the game hilarious. My huge line backer, Marcus phenox plowling my way through a pethetic army of evil SPAAAACE ORCS!!! I think. I didn't really understand bodycount, though. :/ Just me playing as random guy in nano suit killing Africans with a G36. game of the year? i think so!     
Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

Quote from: Wyrd on September 12, 2011, 12:24:15 AM
Downloaded 2 demos today. Space Marines and Body count AKA Gears of war and Bad Company. I'v never really known to much about Warhammer 40k, but I found the game hilarious. My huge line backer, Marcus phenox plowling my way through a pethetic army of evil SPAAAACE ORCS!!! I think. I didn't really understand bodycount, though. :/ Just me playing as random guy in nano suit killing Africans with a G36. game of the year? i think so!   
See? I'm not the only one who thought Space Marines were ludicrously hilarious.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Warhammer as a whole is just silly, but the best part is the people who play it are completely serious face xD

Sel Nar

Re-beat Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, on insanity diff. Felt cheated because it was still easy.

Working on beating Overlord's Expansion, as well as getting a 100% corruption run, then will replay Overlord 2 as a 'Destruction' lord, instead of a 'Domination' lord.

Also approx. Halfway through Titan Quest, aka. 'Diablo III, 7 years before Diablo III, in ancient Greece, Egypt, et al.' Good fun.

Andy

Quote from: Sabby on September 12, 2011, 09:00:48 AM
Warhammer as a whole is just silly, but the best part is the people who play it are completely serious face xD

D:<

*paw-boffs*
Quote from: Oniya on November 15, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Andys Creations: http://www.f-list.net/c/nullah%20mighthoof/

Sabby

Andy

Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Sabby

Andy

Graah! Dx *paw boffs! boff boff boff boff boff!*

Inkidu

Space Marine to me is kind of like the things I would come up with in sixth grade. They were hilariously horrible, but Space Marine kind of decided to run with it.

Okay, we need a pan-galactic military force.
You mean like the marines?
Yeah, but in space.
Space Marines!
Yeah!

They need space suits.
Not just space suits, space suits that are huge and armorish!
Hell yeah!

Well, he needs a sword.
Yeah, but no just any sword. A chainsaw sword!
Fuck yeah!

It really just seems like a bunch of spit-balled ideas that they ran with.

Wyrd

Quote from: Inkidu on September 12, 2011, 11:53:18 AM
Space Marine to me is kind of like the things I would come up with in sixth grade. They were hilariously horrible, but Space Marine kind of decided to run with it.

Okay, we need a pan-galactic military force.
You mean like the marines?
Yeah, but in space.
Space Marines!
Yeah!

They need space suits.
Not just space suits, space suits that are huge and armorish!
Hell yeah!

Well, he needs a sword.
Yeah, but no just any sword. A chainsaw sword!
Fuck yeah!

It really just seems like a bunch of spit-balled ideas that they ran with.
]

I lol'd
Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

*Flees before the wrath of the serious face*

Wyrd

SSSSSPAAAAACE MAAAARINESSS!!!!! in... SPAAAAAACE!!! No but seriously, this game sucks 
Ragtime Dandies!

Brandon

Just got as far as Im going to get in Deus Ex. The game keeps consistantly freezing at a  certain part and wont go any further. So I think I got a bad disc >.<

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Im at that part right after you discover the missing scientists arm on Mr. Tong and you have to go to the wharves to find the new scientists. When I sneak up to the gate theres a pair of guards discussing something and they can get through the first line before the game freezes.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Inkidu

Quote from: Brandon on September 12, 2011, 04:03:05 PM
Just got as far as Im going to get in Deus Ex. The game keeps consistantly freezing at a  certain part and wont go any further. So I think I got a bad disc >.<

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Im at that part right after you discover the missing scientists arm on Mr. Tong and you have to go to the wharves to find the new scientists. When I sneak up to the gate theres a pair of guards discussing something and they can get through the first line before the game freezes.
Human Revolution, right? Yeah, that sounds like a bad disc. I've never had a problem with it. Though, it could be your Xbox depending on how old it is too. The old ones don't use the same optical reader as the new black ones.

If it is PC then yeah, get another disc.

abandoneddolly

Sabby

Quote from: Wyrd on September 12, 2011, 03:57:53 PM
SSSSSPAAAAACE MAAAARINESSS!!!!! in... SPAAAAAACE!!! No but seriously, this game sucks

Yeah, to absolutely no ones surprise.

Wyrd

Oh, but I was. I thought battling through an army of space orcs as Marcus Phenox was going to be a hell of a fun romp. but I am torn asunder by the results
Ragtime Dandies!

Sabby

It just looks so... by the numbers :/ I know enough about WH to know they picked the most boring collection of lore for the game, its just three Space Marines. They couldn't have pulled a Shattered Dimensions and at least toss in one of each different charter house or snooker club or whatever it is they have for their little club houses?

I mean, theres other Marines, I don't know them all, but some sound pretty interesting and really have a lot of potential for classes or unit types, and I know a couple of the enemy factions, enough to get my head buzzing with cool scenarios. I'm not even a fan of WH and I could make a more interesting and pleasing WH game with a bit of research :/

But no, it's just Gears of War with QTE's and stunning. Doesn't look terrible, but it's not something I'm about to go into a self induced seizure of pure joy over. And thats all I'm seeing from everybody... these same people calling out for Space Marine to be the GOTY will be saying Gears of War 3 is generic and lame.

Wyrd

I won't even be playing gears 3. After Mass Effect in 2012 I think I'll be absolutely pooped of 3rd person cover based shooting.  Umm? GOTY?
Ragtime Dandies!

Sabby

Game of the Year. It means less and less every year, and people just love to post it for reveal trailers.

Brandon

Game of the year

Anyway, for what its worth I liked space marine as a hack and slash style game. The story, well I havnt finished the game yet but so far it seems pretty generic as 40k gos and Im not even that big of a 40k fan. However the game is geared more toward fans then people not familiar with the lore. My friend who bought a collectors edition for some reason even said that the ultramarine chapter is the poster children of the space marines but theyre also kind of bland. He wanted to see some other chapters too

I dont know, its a fun game sometimes, other times its just average but I dont feel like its bad at any point yet

On another note, can I still claim Gears 3 will be crap since Ive never really cared for the other games due to lackluster story thats barely there and completely impenetrable at the same time?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

Gears of War 2 was great from a gameplay stand point, and as a sequel, it improved on every element of the first and addressed almost every issue. But from a storytelling stand point... well, lets put it this way. I didn't know it wasn't set on Earth until somewhere in the middle of the second game.

So unless I drank some paint thinner and zoned out for the first game, someone fucked up. There are pieces of a good story here, they're just not assembled very well. I've heard plenty of complaints over the plot having no real direction and being full of holes and head scratching moments, and I agree. Like, the leader of the Locusts being a hot British woman with messed up skin, when Locusts are really ugly.

Your right, that makes no sense, but look enough, you'll find clues and hints that make sense of it, but the 'answers' were not fully implemented into the game. It's like they had all these great ideas ready, all these plot arcs they wanted to get in, and managed to start on some, but never even got half of them rolling, let alone tie them up.

Plus it doesn't help it's a brown and grey shooter with space marines fighting aliens. Thats guna handicap ya from the beginning.

Wolfy

Rock of ages...keeep rolling.-..rock and rolling....

Seriously, Rock of Ages is a fun game.