News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire confirmed

Started by apygoos, May 07, 2014, 09:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qt

Yeah, grass is my favourite type but it is a mixed bag both offensively and defensively, with moves that generally are geared towards support. I'm sure that they won't disappoint fans though, hehe.

I really hope they do something about the secret bases and make it sharable, through wifi.

King Serperior

Quote from: Qt on May 18, 2014, 06:32:07 PM
There's a lot of speculations on mega sceptile going to be grass/dragon, and while it looks cool on paper, with the dragon nerf and the fact that it's going to be 4x weakness to ice, I don't think it's a good type combination. But the nice thing is sceptile already learns some dragon moves.
I'm still waiting on my Grass/Dragon Serperior with Contrary, Leaf Storm, and Draco Meteor   :'( 

That said, I wouldn't say no to a Dragon Sceptile  <3

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Rex Pacis

These guys are killing me with all these Dragon megas lol. Working on my Zard X and Amphahros now. Though more times four ice seriously? My poor dragons just can't handle that cold. -sigh-

I just wish now they would give my dude Slaking a mega. Had it all thought out too...change its ability to Wor-king, maybe a color scheme change, and have it stand up when it evolves. Type change might be too much to ask but they barely have to touch its stats it'll be great.  :'(
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Arohk

I am SO with you, King Serp! I don't know if your interest stems from a fake that circulated before the release of the generation, but as soon as I saw this design:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

There was a sprite version before that one but I can't seem to find it. I liked it better, but this is still the same design. Just rendered in the Pokemon style.
Anyways, I had seen that design before release or announcement and I was super let down when Serperior didn't resemble that. I was like YES FINALLY. But alas. It wasn't to be. But I still love that design. I just wish I could find the sprite version. Hrggg.

King Serperior

Quote from: Rex Pacis on May 19, 2014, 10:53:26 AM
I just wish now they would give my dude Slaking a mega. Had it all thought out too...change its ability to Wor-king, maybe a color scheme change, and have it stand up when it evolves. Type change might be too much to ask but they barely have to touch its stats it'll be great.  :'(
YES!!  O_O  I Love that guy  <3  MVP on my first Emerald run.

Quote from: Arohk on May 19, 2014, 10:17:47 PM
I am SO with you, King Serp! I don't know if your interest stems from a fake that circulated before the release of the generation, but as soon as I saw this design:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

There was a sprite version before that one but I can't seem to find it. I liked it better, but this is still the same design. Just rendered in the Pokemon style.
Anyways, I had seen that design before release or announcement and I was super let down when Serperior didn't resemble that. I was like YES FINALLY. But alas. It wasn't to be. But I still love that design. I just wish I could find the sprite version. Hrggg.
Never saw that picture before.  That said, Serperior is my favorite starter (Torterra, Sceptile, Chesnaught and Feraligatr tied in second).  Serperior is based off the Garden of Eden:  Starts with legs and loses them over time.  He's also based off French royalty because, if you notice his hands (very tiny), they are behind his back and his face is regale and smug.  His face is white because royalty used to powder their face.  Add to the fact that his name is literally a combination of "Serpent" and "Superior" and this means that he is the king of snakes!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Arohk

I had just been wondering. :)

Didn't know that about Serperior either. Yay facts!

Hmmm. I think my favorite is still Charizard. Closely followed by Feraligatr.

Mathim

Is anyone disappointed that the last couple of generations haven't really had any new evolutions/prevolutions for past generations' pokemon? I always wanted to see a Pegasus version of Ponyta/Rapidash, and a Cerberus version of Houndour/Houndoom. I heard the latest game has a new Eeveelution but that's practically the only one from the older generations.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

King Serperior

With the exception of Sylveon (Fairy wasn't a type in Gen3), ALL the Eeveelutions' types were Special Gen3 and prior:

Electric, Ice, Fire, Water, Grass, Psychic, Dark, Dragon were the Gen3 special types.  That means, there HAS to be a Dragon Eeveelution before too long to completely.

That said, the biggest worry I have are the water routes.....Camerupt is a STAPLE in my Gen3 games  :<

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mathim

Quote from: King Serperior on May 21, 2014, 02:55:16 PM
With the exception of Sylveon (Fairy wasn't a type in Gen3), ALL the Eeveelutions' types were Special Gen3 and prior:

Electric, Ice, Fire, Water, Grass, Psychic, Dark, Dragon were the Gen3 special types.  That means, there HAS to be a Dragon Eeveelution before too long to completely.

That said, the biggest worry I have are the water routes.....Camerupt is a STAPLE in my Gen3 games  :<

I loved how powerful Camerupt was too, slinging Earthquake and its equivalently strong Fire move (haven't played the game in ages) but that one playthrough killed it for me with how weak he was to water, plus with Earthquake being physical damage and the fire move being special, it just wasn't a good balance. But I'd already griped about how hard it was to build even a team of 4 for me (which could only be achieved with a judicious starter selection).

I'd have thought that, given that ever since Gold/Silver, each generation with an Eeveelution would include two, but this latest one only had a single new type? I would have believed they'd do both a Fairy and, just to balance things out, Dragon evolution since people have been clamoring for it long enough.

Is there an electric-dragon type, by any chance? Electrics were my favorite since they only have one weakness and I'd always hoped one would have the Levitate skill...then there'd be no weaknesses at all! Just like the idiotically-planned combination of Ghost and Dark. Too bad they haven't gone back to the drawing board and reworked elemental weaknesses and such. It's crazy to keep both Rock and Grass at 5 weaknesses.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

King Serperior

Quote from: Mathim on May 22, 2014, 02:43:06 PM
I loved how powerful Camerupt was too, slinging Earthquake and its equivalently strong Fire move (haven't played the game in ages) but that one playthrough killed it for me with how weak he was to water, plus with Earthquake being physical damage and the fire move being special, it just wasn't a good balance. But I'd already griped about how hard it was to build even a team of 4 for me (which could only be achieved with a judicious starter selection).
Quite true  *nods*  However, Camerupt remains one of my favorite fire types, tied with Infernape.

It was never hard for me to find a team.  Then again, my R/S/E team has always been:  Sceptile, Aggron, Camerupt, Peliper, Slaking, and Linoone.   Yeah, I know, that fighting weakness....but who cares?  It's my dream team from Gen3  <3
I'd have thought that, given that ever since Gold/Silver, each generation with an Eeveelution would include two, but this latest one only had a single new type? I would have believed they'd do both a Fairy and, just to balance things out, Dragon evolution since people have been clamoring for it long enough.
Indeed.  Just how I have been waiting for a Raptor Fossil Pokémon for AGES!
Is there an electric-dragon type, by any chance? Electrics were my favorite since they only have one weakness and I'd always hoped one would have the Levitate skill...then there'd be no weaknesses at all! Just like the idiotically-planned combination of Ghost and Dark. Too bad they haven't gone back to the drawing board and reworked elemental weaknesses and such. It's crazy to keep both Rock and Grass at 5 weaknesses.
Zekrom is Dragon/Electric.  As for an electric with Levitate, there is Eelektross (I think that is the spelling). 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Scathmadra

I went and put down a whole 5 bucks on my copy of Sapphire! I am mostly looking forward to the return of my beauty queen blaziken, ha ha. I found the secret bases really fun and spent hours just surfing and diving anywhere I could.

Arohk

I am, Mathim. I would have liked to see them build off of the designs that they already have or at least add to the lines they already have. Some of them really need some good attention. Even something like Tropius would really benefit, I feel! Also since I think that their designs have been lacking a little. I hated 90% of the designs in Black and White. I thought they made a great rebound with their designs in X and Y though, save for the Mega Evolutions, like I said. I like most of the designs from X and Y; which I was super happy about! Just my opinion, of course! Though I feel there were a couple huge stinkers. Like Klefki. Blech.

King Serperior

Quote from: Arohk on May 24, 2014, 03:09:11 AM
Also since I think that their designs have been lacking a little. I hated 90% of the designs in Black and White.
While I agree, I absolutely loved the designs of Serperior (obviously a top 10 favorite for me  :P) and Krookodile  <3

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Arohk

I loved Krookodile too! I was okay with Serperior myself. I didn't hate the design, but I didn't love it either. c: BUT. Here's my list of the only ones I loved. Unfortunately a short list.

-Herdier
-Krookodile
-Tirtouga
-Carracosta
-Joltik
-Druddigon
-Braviary

And that's literally it for that generation. I'm talking design-wise only. There are a lot that I don't mind, but didn't feel were up to par with previous generations of designs. Not to say that previous ones didn't have stinkers too, but this one... Ugh. Things like Trubbish and ice cream cones and gears are just the worst things I have ever seen. Followed up with Klefki. And also, some of the designs, like Zekrom, weren't bad, but they didn't look as though they belonged in Pokemon. The ones I picked out of that generation I feel look like Pokemon and are really good designs. Of course, this is all opinion. I don't wanna upset anyone, lol.

King Serperior

Okay, so assuming they make AS/OR the same as the original Ruby/Sapphire, Pokedex-wise + Mega Evolutions and Pre/regular evolutions, what sort of team do you have planned?  I'll likely go with my standard R/S/E team:

• Sceptile - One of my favorite starters.  I love Swampert and dislike Blaziken, but Sceptile has a certain design that I really like.  Shame that Leaf Blade is now physical  *sigh*
  • Peliper - Honestly, it isn't THAT bad.  Surprisingly bulky, learns Protect just in time for Norman, and actually can learn good moves:  Surf/Fly, Air Slash and Ice Beam/Shockwave.
  • Linoone - Extremely versatile and learns tons of moves.  Fast enough for Headbutt flinches and has Pickup.
  • Camerupt - 4X weakness to water aside, Camerupt is extremely versatile.  Can be physical, special, or mixed offensively and learns powerful attacks.  Sadly, its too slow for Eruption to work very well.
  • Slaking - Okay, yeah, I know, Truant is a HORRIBLE ability, but you cannot deny that Slaking has the POWER to make up for it.  Besides, I love that great ape.
  • Aggron - Physical monster, despite having 2 4X weaknesses to Fighting and Ground.  It's still one of my favorite Pokémon.  Besides, with Sturdy changing to become a Focus Sash, it's guaranteed to get at least one hit off.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace