Name: Tim Drake
Codename: Robin
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 150 lbs
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Powers: N/A
Skills:
-Martial Arts training: Tim has been trained by Batman, Nightwing, Lady Shiva and assorted others in an assortment of martial arts disciplines which include but are not limited to Kung Fu, Aikido, Jeet Kune Do, Escrima, Judo, Wing Chun, Kendo, Ninjitsu. His abilities with the bo-staff gives him an extra edge with his fighting.

-Escapologist: Batman and Nightwing have trained Tim to be skilled in escaping from any trap, lock or captivity, ranging from the most simplistic of handcuffs to the most elaborate of cages.

-Gifted Intellect: His naturally high intellect allows him to excel in computer science and more importantly as a skilled detective. Further more, Tim apparently has a firm grasp of assorted scientific techniques including biology, engineering and genetics. Batman has trained him in many disciplines, such as forensic, criminology, acrobatics, stealth, disguise, and escapology.

-Detective: like any member of The Bat Family, Tim has proven great skill in detective work.

- Tactician and Strategist: Tim, much like Dick Grayson is also a brilliant  strategist with impressive leadership skills, but has yet the courage, and the opportunity, to step up and use them .

Equipment:
-The Utility Belt: This belt includes nearly everything required to face Meta-Human and human evil. Including: Batarangs,R shaped Shurikens, Specially designed bombs of all kinds.Tracking devices and various tools that range from screwdriver sets to full scale forensic kits. It also holds a full variety of antidotes and antitoxins and first aid kit needs.

A Word on Batarangs: He carries a number of differently designed Batarangs and R shaped Shurikens, Some are designed blunt and others are sharper then a samurai sword. There are also some that make noises, Explode and even some that tie to Bat-Rope.

Weaknesses:
Tim Drake has the greatest weakness of all, The human condition. He can get sick or hurt or even killed. Though he has trained his body in to a living war machine and is at the peak of human perfection he still has no super powers of any kind. He is still just a human.

There is evens chance of mental instability. Putting the weight of two predessecors, a harsh mentor, a city, and the world on the shoulders of a 17 year old boy is dangerous on his mind. Though Tim has done well in handling it there are the small moments where the stress can get too high or a panic attack can occur. Tim tries to keep these moments under wraps and hidden away from the team.

Backstory:
Tim Drake was little more than a toddler when he attended the circus with his parents. In order to ease his wife's concerns that the circus might frighten Tim, Jack Drake asked to take a picture with the Flying Graysons, who were the starring act. It was here that Tim first met Dick Grayson, who offered Tim special attention, and even promised to dedicate his performance to the toddler. Soon after, Tim and his family bore witness to the murder of Dick's parents John and Mary, alongside Bruce Wayne. As his parents rushed him out of the circus tent, Tim managed to catch sight of the mysterious Batman consoling Dick. Feeling sorry for Dick, Jack and Janet sent him a copy of the photo they had taken prior to the murder.

A few years later at the age of nine, Tim saw footage of Batman and Robin apprehending the Penguin. Robin performed a quadruple somersault, a rare maneuver that only a Flying Grayson could do. After learning Grayson was the ward of Bruce Wayne, he came to the conclusion that Grayson was Robin and that of course Wayne was Batman. Tim continued to follow the adventures of the Dynamic Duo, as well as Grayson's becoming Nightwing and Jason Todd succeeding him as Robin. After Jason's death, Timothy began to take notice of a drastic and almost psychotic change in Batman's behavior, in which he became convinced that Batman needed a Robin to maintain his sanity.

When Nightwing left the Titans for a short time in order to find himself, Tim followed him and after helping Dick solve a mystery at Haly's Circus, was able to convince Dick that Batman needed help. However, where Dick intended to help Batman as Nightwing, Tim remained convinced that Batman needed Robin more. Dick ignored these pleads and raced off to help his mentor, only for both Dick and Bruce to be captured by Two-Face.

Realizing that his idols were in danger, Tim donned the costume of Robin, at only thirteen years old and with the help of Alfred Pennyworth, was able to rescue them. Batman, although extremely reluctant, accepted Tim as the new Robin on a trial basis after being convinced by the boy, as well as Dick and Alfred. He was trained over several months, first by Alfred, then Batman, and finally Nightwing before ever being allowed to wear the costume again or go into the field.

Unfortunately, just prior to completing his training, the ruthless Obeah Man later captured Tim's parents during a trip to the Caribbean. The Obeah man intended to sacrifice them, but Batman arrived to their rescue. Unfortunately, Janet and Jack both drank some water laced with poison, and Janet died, while Jack was left in a coma with paralysis. Batman began to reconsider Tim for the role of Robin, due to his fear that Tim was now motivated by anger, just as Jason had been. Tim, however, became more driven by his desire to do what was right, rather than petty revenge. After later saving Batman and Vicki Vale and defeating the Scarecrow, Bruce at last bestowed upon Tim the mantle of Robin, as well as a new costume. As of now he has only a years worth of experience under his belt and has much to learn.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

AribethAmkiir

Fairly certain Primarch said he'd accommodate as many people as are interested.  We could definitely use another female on the team.

Primarch

Quote from: Red Lobster on January 01, 2013, 10:15:29 PM
Any feedback from you guys would be great! I'm also not married to the Codename I chose. Does anybody else have any suggestions?
Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 02, 2013, 01:02:58 AM
I like the character.  I know I'm likely going to ask something you probably want to reveal during game play, but why would a jewel thief who has recently received powers that would make him nearly unstoppable become a hero?

I'd be a bit curious about that myself....or at least how he was recruited to the team.

Quote from: Jmorty33 on January 02, 2013, 01:47:36 AM
A Young Justice team? Sounds like a team needs a Robin

Having a Robin would be great, but a Robin using the comic skillset is a touch over-the-top for this game. In the actual series Tim Drake became Robin only the year before joining the team, so he's not had a lot of the training of his comic counterpart. Relies on his bo staff in combat as opposed to having at least 15 other forms of martial arts at his disposal for instance.

This is something worth pointing out for everyone. Keep in mind most people on the team are there to develop their skills to the point of being able to join the JLA (not to mention, the JLA itself is much younger then its comic counterpart, only founded in 2003). So if you're taking a canon character, please don't copy & paste abilities directly from dc database. Not without cutting back a bit at least. Most of those characters have had years more experience and training than the YT counterparts.

Quote from: mia h on January 02, 2013, 03:33:47 AM
If there's still room & following BlackestKnight's lead dibs on
<---

Sure thing!

BruceTheCat

I was going to save a bit of that for the roleplay, but I don't mind revealing it here if you'd like! I did not want it to be overly complicated, and while he was a jewel thief I do not want to play him as ever having been (in his opinion) a bad guy. After having turned into this thing, he knows that being a thief would be an extreme waste of his new abilities, and also, what is a guy like this going to do with money?

So (unless there is an objection from you Primarch) I was going to assume that he made his interest to join known, and was in turn recruited.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Primarch

Quote from: Red Lobster on January 02, 2013, 08:24:15 AM
I was going to save a bit of that for the roleplay, but I don't mind revealing it here if you'd like! I did not want it to be overly complicated, and while he was a jewel thief I do not want to play him as ever having been (in his opinion) a bad guy. After having turned into this thing, he knows that being a thief would be an extreme waste of his new abilities, and also, what is a guy like this going to do with money?

So (unless there is an objection from you Primarch) I was going to assume that he made his interest to join known, and was in turn recruited.

Well the thief with a heart is fine, but Young Justice are a covert team. They wouldn't have the fame of the JLA, nor is there a message board for "want to join junior team." Might I suggest he turned coat during a JLA raid on the place doing the experiments?

BruceTheCat

QuoteWell the thief with a heart is fine, but Young Justice are a covert team. They wouldn't have the fame of the JLA, nor is there a message board for "want to join junior team." Might I suggest he turned coat during a JLA raid on the place doing the experiments?

Sounds great! I will modify my backstory accordingly.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Primarch

Cool stuff.

Wonder Girl is good to go unless I've missed something, if Robin & Whiteout are done by today and plus anyone else that's expressed interest we could begin IC as soon as tonight. At this rate I certainly don't see it being taking longer then tomorrow.

Jmorty33

Quote from: Primarch on January 02, 2013, 08:17:12 AM

Having a Robin would be great, but a Robin using the comic skillset is a touch over-the-top for this game. In the actual series Tim Drake became Robin only the year before joining the team, so he's not had a lot of the training of his comic counterpart. Relies on his bo staff in combat as opposed to having at least 15 other forms of martial arts at his disposal for instance.

This is something worth pointing out for everyone. Keep in mind most people on the team are there to develop their skills to the point of being able to join the JLA (not to mention, the JLA itself is much younger then its comic counterpart, only founded in 2003). So if you're taking a canon character, please don't copy & paste abilities directly from dc database. Not without cutting back a bit at least. Most of those characters have had years more experience and training than the YT counterparts.

Wait, we have to go by show standards?

Primarch

Quote from: mia h on January 02, 2013, 11:15:04 AM
The comic JLA was only founded five years ago :P

After the re-boot, sure.

Quote from: Jmorty33 on January 02, 2013, 12:04:47 PM
Wait, we have to go by show standards?

Well I was basing this game of the setting of the show yeah.

Jmorty33

Primarch

Jmorty33

No it's just that I prefer comic Tim over YJ Tim. In YJthey made him timid and looking for the approval of his mentors when really Tim is pretty confident in himself and his abilities.

Primarch

Quote from: Jmorty33 on January 02, 2013, 01:29:54 PM
No it's just that I prefer comic Tim over YJ Tim. In YJthey made him timid and looking for the approval of his mentors when really Tim is pretty confident in himself and his abilities.

Oh do the personality how you want! Its just with the powers/skills, well its hard to explain why a fully trained young hero would be on a team of being developing skills to make the JLA grade. Especially at the very beginning.

apygoos

Primarch

Quote from: apygoos on January 02, 2013, 02:09:45 PM
..can I has Nightwing?

Would you mind taking him up as the teams first instructor? Would be weird to have Robin & Nightwing both as team members, but we do still need an opening instructor.

apygoos

Player:apygoos
Name:Richard "Dick" Grayson [first team instructor]
Codename:Nightwing
Height:6'1
Weight:185
Appearance: [foudn this awesome nightwing drawing]

Powers:N/A
Skills:Martail Arts, Acrobatics, Stealth, marksmanship, escape artist, computer tech, detective work
Equipment:Binoculars, Eskirma Sticks, handcuffs, holographic computer gloves, Wrist watch computer, "Wing-Dings", Bolas, Gas pellets, Flash grenades, grapple gun, lock pick, rebreather, knife, periscope, Taser.
Weaknesses: He is still a human being
Backstory: Following the murder of his parents, which was set up to look like an unfortunate trapeze accident, Richard Grayson was taken in by Bruce Wayne, becoming his ward. Bruce then exposed Dick to the Alter ego of Batman, and took him on as his sidekick as he grew. In Richards growth, he came to want to separate himself from the likes of Batman. Eventually he did break away, becoming the solo Hero of Nightwing. With a new team of young heroes forming, and his "replacement" In Tim Drake [Robin III] joining this team, he thought it a good way to help, lead, and start fresh, making his own legacy.

apygoos

Quote from: Primarch on January 02, 2013, 02:19:03 PM
Would you mind taking him up as the teams first instructor? Would be weird to have Robin & Nightwing both as team members, but we do still need an opening instructor.
done.
just fetching a nice image~

BlackestKnight

Player: BlackestKnight
Name: Kal'Durham
Codename: Aqualad
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 167lbs
Appearance:
Appearance

Powers:

Atlantean sorcery
  Electricity generation
  Hydrokinesis
  Hard-Water Constructs

Atlantean attributes: Atlanteans, although Human, have through scientific and sorcerous means developed several abilities which allow them to live comfortably under the sea.

Underwater Breathing
  Enhanced Durability
  Enhanced Strength

Skills:

Toxin resistance
  Expert hand-to-hand combatant
  Multilingual

Equipment:

Waterpack: A black metallic backpack that holds an unspecified amount of water that Aqualad can use. It also holds his Water-Bearers.
Water-Bearers:Twin hilts that can hold onto water which Aqualad then uses to create his hard-water weapons. They are also used as a type of water gun to shoot water from his waterpack and can be used to help manipulate sources of water.

Weaknesses:

Dehydration: because his natural habitat is underwater, Aqualad is weakened when exposed to high temperatures and dry conditions.

Backstory:

Aqualad came from the Atlantean city of Shayeris, where he was raised by Sha'lain'a, a native of that city, and Calvin Durham, a henchman of Black Manta who was genetically altered to infiltrate Atlantis. However, his actual father is Black Manta himself. He completed his education and began mandatory military service at age 12. At 14, he was transferred to the Conservatory of Sorcery in Poseidonis.

One day, the villain Ocean-Master attacked Atlantis, causing Aquaman to battle with him. During the fight, Aquaman was defeated, but was suddenly helped by the combined forces of Kaldur'ahm and Garth. Using a combination of Garth's magic and Kaldur's fighting abilities, the two attacked Ocean-Master. Though they were easily defeated, this allowed Aquaman precious time to recover and defeat Ocean-Master. After the victory, Aquaman offered the boys the opportunity to become his protégés. Although Garth declined the offer and returned to his studies, Kaldur jumped at the chance to serve his king as his sidekick. He became a superhero two years before his tour of the Hall of Justice.

apygoos

oh hush, stargirl just wants the dick :P

Primarch

Quote from: apygoos on January 02, 2013, 02:46:59 PM
done.
just fetching a nice image~

Nightwing looks alright but would you bump his age up? If Tim Drake is 17 and Jason Todd is between them it would put Grayson at closer to his mid 20's, which would also put him at a more appropriate age for an instructor.

Blackest, could you make Aqualad closer to his incarnation when the show started? As it stands he's too old for be a team member and we already have an instructor via Nightwing.

That being said however, I believe we have enough on board to start. Character thread coming soon, Mt. Justice thread not long after that. 

apygoos

alright adjusting to 22~

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Primarch on January 02, 2013, 03:02:55 PM
Nightwing looks alright but would you bump his age up? If Tim Drake is 17 and Jason Todd is between them it would put Grayson at closer to his mid 20's, which would also put him at a more appropriate age for an instructor.

Blackest, could you make Aqualad closer to his incarnation when the show started? As it stands he's too old for be a team member and we already have an instructor via Nightwing.

That being said however, I believe we have enough on board to start. Character thread coming soon, Mt. Justice thread not long after that.

Wait, so there's only one instructor character? Nothing makes sense. I thought Kaldur was the oldest one in the original group 

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on January 02, 2013, 03:08:56 PM
Wait, so there's only one instructor character? Nothing makes sense. I thought Kaldur was the oldest in the group.

One instructor for every 5 people on the team. Currently we have Wonder Girl, Whiteout, Robin & Stargirl. Assuming Aqualad will be joining them that'll make the initial 5 to be instructed by Nightwing. 

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Primarch on January 02, 2013, 03:15:52 PM
One instructor for every 5 people on the team. Currently we have Wonder Girl, Whiteout, Robin & Stargirl. Assuming Aqualad will be joining them that'll make the initial 5 to be instructed by Nightwing.

Oh, I see. I'm not really looking to be a junior hero, I just wanted to do my thing as an anti- villain. I mean what sense is there in playing superhero if there is no opposition? Is that all right with you?

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on January 02, 2013, 03:18:14 PM
Oh, I see. I'm not really looking to be a junior hero, I just wanted to do my thing as an anti- villain. Is that all right with you?

Not really to be honest. I'm trying to set up the game and keep it simple for now. The game will be taking place solely in Mt. Justice & where ever they get sent for missions by Batman. Too many games get messed up in the early stages by trying to allow for too many variables. Kal's Black Manta role in the show doesn't really have a place in this game at the moment.