Born together grown appart (Silverroses2009 and SearaCain)

Started by Seara, June 03, 2009, 11:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seara

As Trenton pulled up to the curb of his sister’s house, he paused. He had no clue who this person was, and they were going to be living together for an indefinite amount of time. He had tried to keep his mind off from that fact the whole trip here, but now as he looked at the looming house he could not keep the thought from entering his brain. She was his sister, his twin sister, yet he did not know hardly anything about her.

Growing up in two different houses, when their parents divorced, his mother got her and his father got him. There was the occasional phone call or Christmas card, but traveling across the ocean just was not a possibility at the drop of a hat. He and his father had lived in Hawaii until just recently when his father had decided he was going to go on a world cruse and that Trenton was old enough to leave the nest. College started up in just a couple weeks, and his twin sister was ironically going to the same one. By the grace of God she had rented a house off campus and was looking for a roommate, he was that roommate.

After looking at the house for a good minute, he shut off the engine and stepped out of the car. At 5’10’’ he wasn’t short but not overly tall, his sandy blond hair draped over one of his crystal blue eyes, he reaches up and pushes it back, as he is almost constantly doing, then walks behind the car to the trunk. The trunk pops open at a touch of a button, he stares down into the depths at the two duffel bags that contain everything he will need for the next 5 months. Slipping the keys in his pocket, he grabs both of the black bags, slams the trunk and walks up to the house head held high. He would be damned if he was going to let her know that he is apprehensive about the whole situation. At that moment, he happens to look next door and seeing a collage girl sun bathing, he gives her a half cocked smile, well at least there were some benefits about the situation.

Putting both bags down on the porch steps, he knocks on the door then leans against the railing one hand in his pocket as he waits for her to answer the door. He wonders if she is as nervous as he is for a second, then his eyes go back to the sunbathing neighbor, figuring he might as well enjoy the view.

darkvamplips

It was so hard these past two years with knowing her brother was never going to walk through the front door again. She would never hear his laugh or be able to talk to him again. He was dead you see. Some dumb accident where some drunk driver ran him off the road into a lake. All she knew about her roommate was his name nothing else. Neither did she know that he was her twin and he would have to show some documentation about that. She was just a little shorter then him at 5'5. She had the same color hair and same crystal blue eyes. The neighbor did not seem to notice him but maybe down the line. Soon she was at the door and opening revealing someone who looked just like her except more boyish. "Hello." She said quietly and wanted to know if he was ok and not some crazed killer.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29818

Seara

Trenton’s attention was snapped back to the task at hand when his sister answered the door. He gave her an award winning smile “Hey, you” he is still leaning against the railing, duffel bag at his feet. He is not exactly sure what to say, so he begins to ramble a little bit. “I think I am going to like it here, the weather may not be as nice as Hawaii, but the view is sure awesome!” He chuckles to try and break the obvious tension she is portraying to him.

He picks up the duffel bag, looking over her once again. They looked so alike, at least he wouldn’t have to get a sex change to know what he would look like female. He almost laughs aloud, but does not think she would appreciate him commenting on something like that. “So um...are you going to invite me in? Or we could chill on the porch for a while. Did your mom explain anything to you?” He looks at her hopeful, thinking the more he talks the easier it will be for her to accept him.

darkvamplips

Did he expect to just come in without some kind of explanation about who he was? "Yeah it's nice." She said not really warming up to him yet. Plus since she lost her brother this was going to be very hard on her. "Wait my mom's dead. What do you mean by her telling me something?" So he was some kind of weirdo she thought to herself and almost walked away shutting the door in his face.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:

Seara

A look of confusion crosses his face. He was going to have to be really careful with her, she seems to be on the defense and he isn’t exactly sure how to handle her. “I am sorry, I meant before she passed away. About how our parents split, and when they did they decided to each take a twin, you with our mother, me with our father. I guess they figured they wouldn’t be missing anything since we would be doing the exact same things at the same time for the most part. Although I don’t think they thought about us when they did that...” He was rambling again, he knew it, but what else could he say to her? He scuffs his feet at the wood of the porch nervous that she is going to turn him away and make him find another place to live on short notice.

darkvamplips

No her mother did not tell her anything about having a sibling and this guy seemed weird. She leaned against the door frame looking confused. "I only had one brother." She closed her eyes as if putting a memory out of her mind that was painful. "If you are my 'twin' then I need some pretty good evidence." She emphasized on twin because she would not believe this.

My request thread:

Seara

Trenton had thought that his father had told her he was coming, running a hand through his hair he frowns slightly then digs into his duffel bag for something. “Here take a look at this.” He hands her a copy of his birth certificate, it had his name, her birthday, her mothers name on it, and it said that he was born a twin, in the same hospital she was born in. “I also have this, my father gave it to me.” He shows her a picture of them as babies, both swaddled and her mother is holding both of them smiling. “I really thought you knew I was coming, sorry to confuse you.” He shoves his hands in his pockets to keep from hugging her. He can see that she is going through a rough time.

darkvamplips

After seeing her mother holding the twins she gripped the picture and read the other stuff. The pain was coming out and she did not like this. This boy was her twin and she did not like that either. Giving him back off of his things she turned around and walked away leaving the doorway open. "You can have the room in the back of the house." She said simply knowing that way she would not see him very much.

My request thread:

Seara

He takes his things and puts them back inside of his duffel bag. Hefting the bag on his shoulder he follows her inside. “Ok....” he seems confused as she just keeps on walking. Running a hand through his hair in frustration, he goes to find this room she spoke of. As first impressions went he really must have mucked things up. Finding the room he puts his bag down. Looking around the room to see what he might need to get to make it workable for the year.

darkvamplips

She hoped that he would not be in the same classes as her. While he went to find his room she went into the kitchen tears streaming down her face as she gripped the counter top. Lately she had been ok with the death yes it was hard but now seeing her twin it was all coming back. After a few moments she went to get a drink of water and gulped it down.

My request thread:

Seara

He starts putting things away, hearing the water running in the kitchen he thinks about going and talking to her. He gives her a couple more minutes before going out to see if she is ok. He pops up in the door way and leans against it. “Are you ok?” Her face is a bit red, so he wonders if she has been crying but isn’t too sure.

darkvamplips

When she heard him come back she quickly wiped away the tears and did not turn around to face him. It's really none of your business now is it?" The tone was cold as she turned around to face him her face was now the color it should be. No she would not get close to him at all.[color]

My request thread:

Seara

He nods, not sure what to say to her, shocked and a little hurt by the cold tone. They were strangers but she could at least be civil with him. "I was just trying to help. If you are mad that I am here, we can make it a short arrangement until I can find other housing, it isn't a big deal, it isn't like we know eachother." He mentally shrugs, it bothers him that she is upset, but he really doesn't know her.

darkvamplips

She turned around again away from him this time. "No your my.....brother...you can stay." She almost spat out the word as if disgusted by it. Even so he was family but she did not want much to do with him right now.

My request thread:

Seara

Looking a little confused, he nods "Alright then, I guess I will go to my room..." He turns around to walk out unless she stops him. He can figure other things out later, she doesn't seem to want him around, and he can't exactly figure out why.

darkvamplips

An hour or so past and she decided she was going to go to the store. "I need to go to the store." She yelled to the back of the house knowing he would want to go with her. They were out of food and she needed some for her and her 'twin'.

My request thread:

Seara

Trenton, hears her talking, but can't quite understand. He gets off from the bed opens the door and jogs to where she is at. He realizes his mistake a few seconds too late. As he reaches her, he looses his breath, and begins to gasp for air. He pats his pockets, but his inhaler must be in his room. He tries to stay calm, "Hold *gasp* on...I have to go and get *gasp gasp* my inhaler...my asthma *gasp" he trails off as the attack continues.

darkvamplips

When she hears the familiar coughing and gasping she runs into the bedroom before he could go. "Use this." She said her hand shaking and she wanted him to use it and not die. Tears filled her eyes as she remembered what happened.

My request thread:

Seara

He takes the inhaler gratefully, putting it to his lips taking two puffs to open up his air ways. He takes a few deep breaths as the medicine does its work. "Thank you, oh please don't cry..." He has no idea what to do with crying women, they make him nervous.

darkvamplips

She could not help but cry she missed her brother and this was not helping. "You don't understand." A small sigh escaped her lips when he felt better and his breathing got better.

My request thread:

Seara

He awkwardly pats her back as she cries. "Of course I don't, you haven't told me what is wrong" he shifts visibly uncomfortable.

darkvamplips

She winced when he pats her back. "My brother died from astha." She looked down away from him.

My request thread:

Seara

His eyebrows furrow together. "I am so sorry." He doesn't know what else to say, he really didn't think about people dying from asthma attacks any more.

darkvamplips

"Well now you know." She whispered not looking at him but the tears kept coming down her cheeks. Why was all this happening?

My request thread:

Seara

He awquwardly, stands there, not wanting to pat her back again she didn't seem to appreciate it. He puts his hands in his pockets, not sure what to do "Yes, I will try not to have any more attacks..."