Books and Authors

Started by forbiddenfruit, July 21, 2011, 05:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forbiddenfruit

I truly enjoy to read books.  And so....

I wanted to see which authors are favored around here.   Maybe list a few of your favorite books and authors.

SinfulAngel

I love to read!

Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Jocelyn Drake
Cassandra Claire
Patricia Briggs
Pc Cast

There are a few of my favorite authors that spring to mind immidiately. I'll tell you the book series for each author at a time when my head feels less likely to implode.

Updated Unicorn 1/24/17
      Active stories ~ 5  Post time frame 1-5 days

Azhdeen

Laurell K. Hamilton
Jacqueline Carey
Anne MacCaffery
E.E. Knight
Lorna Freeman

Linwood Badr

Tamora Pierce (<3)

Devon Monk's series Magic to the bone (I haven't read any of her other stories though)

Warbreaker (Omg this book is freakin amazing it's got a lot of twists and turns and I didn't expect that I'd like it so much but it's good and different, though I tried reading other stories by this author (Brandon Sanderson) couldn't really get into Mistborn)

Juliet Marillier (I've only read her Daughter of the Forest Trilogy and another trilogy that's a few years after Daughter of the Forest's trilogy ending, but she's a very nice author--Different from what I'm used to though)

So you want to be a wizard? (Series, but I sort of trailed off that series after around book seven.)

Storm Born by Richelle Mead (Very nice story.)

I'd mention Garth Nix but I figure a lot of people know him sooo...

>.> Woopsie, rambled.

abandoneddolly

the great and secret show by Clive barker

really old book but will always be my favorite.

slowmojoe

The list of my favorite authors and books is far to long for me to list, so I suppose I will just leave this. If there is one series that I believe everyone must read it is "A Requiem for Homo Sapiens" a series by David Zindell. This is one series that I can honestly say affected the core of my being on some level, and has changed me in a way that I could not describe. If anyone ever wants to understand me fully, one of the steps is to read this series.

I don't believe that all people will have this same thing happen to them, but still, it is a great read. Difficult to find sometimes though, but you can probably get it on Amazon for pretty cheap used.

Mordred

Isaac Asimov..
When I was a kid, I happened upon the first in 'The Foundation'. If a set of books could influence a mind, holy crap these certainly did. Soon after, read the 'Robot Series' (truth be told, under this vampire skin, it's all circuits and wires). Yeah this guy, to me, is the finest writer. I love lots of old and new sci-fi but this one.. in my opinion, is the master. I was also blown away that he continued series he wrote in the 50s.. later in the 80s. I was seriously bummed when he died. His words, though, might just make it 25,000 years into the future.
*See Pillory*

Sybl

my favorite childhood book- Black Beauty by Anna Sewel 1877

Kuroneko

Anything by Charles de Lint
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

atouchofmayhem

Two of my favorite authors are Jim Butcher and Carl Hiaasen.  I am enjoying the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher.  My favorite books by Carl Hiaasen would have to be Sick Puppy, Skinny Dip, and Nature Girl.