You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 18, 2017, 05:45:06 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: WhiteWolf's Super Bowl LII Predictions Thread!  (Read 51 times)

Offline White WolfTopic starter

WhiteWolf's Super Bowl LII Predictions Thread!
« on: November 13, 2017, 01:05:42 AM »

Howdy!

I thought it'd be fun now that this year's football season is knuckling down to the serious business to set up a thread for football fans across E to make their predictions for who's gonna' make it through to the playoffs and beyond. Now that we've wrapped up the bulk of Week 10's games we're starting to get a reasonably clear playoff picture having taken shape, and based on that we can start to look ahead to who we might see in the Superbowl next February.

Let's talk Superbowl. Let's talk playoffs. Let's just talk football!

As a Patriots fan I've actually spent the whole season shaking my head and refusing to consider the Patriots as Conference Championship contenders this year. We had an insanely ugly start, being whipped by the Chiefs and then suffering major defensive problems in the first few weeks of the year. We also have had a basically non-existent ground game (until that scorching 100-yd TD last night by Lewis, Hells yeah). My prediction for the NFC representative at the big show has basically not changed since about week 5, but all year I've liked the Steelers for the AFC. After last night's game, and considering what's left on our regular schedule, though, my prediction for the Superbowl as of Week 10 is...

All this said, I don't feel comfortable calling a winner yet if this was to be the Superbowl matchup. My instinct says Philly, but my heart screams New England. What do we think?? What are other people's playoff/superbowl predictions now that we're getting into the final acts of the season?

Offline Ziether

Re: WhiteWolf's Super Bowl LII Predictions Thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 02:51:59 PM »
There is no team I root against harder than the Patriots. This has always been true. Brady is the GOAT. Belichick is, if not the GOAT, in the conversation. I hate their guts.

That said, the AFC South is horrible. The AFC North is riddled with issues that Belichick can exploit. The AFC West is a hot mess. As long as Brady and the O-line are nominally healthy, they'll be in the Twin Cities come the Big Game.

In the NFC, there's more to break down. The NFC South isn't going to produce the contender. There are too many issues. The NFC North is likewise out of the likelihood. Philly is going to the NFC Championship, but I can't say whether Seattle or Los Angeles (DISCLAIMER: I'm an Angeleno) will be in that game to confront them.

I'll give Philly a 35% chance to represent the NFC. I'll go 25% for the Rams. I'll give Seattle 30%, because I think Petey has the edge over the Millennial Man's coaching staff on otherwise highly competitive teams. I'll throw a 10% bone to the entire rest of the NFC as an upset.

Philadelphia 34, New England 29