You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 20, 2018, 05:24:08 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies  (Read 217885 times)

Online TerribleTira

Re: The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies
« Reply #3625 on: January 15, 2018, 04:03:33 PM »
The reboot is out in August.

I heard something about a reboot recently.... but I've heard that at least three times in the past to no final proof. I'll believe it when I see the trailers.

Offline MathimTopic starter

« Reply #3626 on: January 16, 2018, 08:29:10 AM »
If you look at them more like action movies with a superhero leaning, then a great deal of them are very good on their own merit. That's what Marvel was trying to do initially, make a genre film with superheroes woven in, but lately it's not been possible to be that, after Ant-Man being a heist film none of the others really had a unique category they fell into, except Spider-Man: Homecoming being a coming-of-age film. It's not really so much about them being well-written story-wise; the characters are appealing and the action is staggering, with the humor being on-point almost all the time. Each studio that makes them has its own personality, between Fox, Sony and Marvel, and the DC lineup and any others in the game, some being more capable of mixing it together well and others not so much, or at least at a lesser rate. I'm not so concerned about them changing up the formula so much as seeing amazing feats, and characters I grew up with doing what they do best and making me laugh while they're at it. In the meantime things like Chronicle can be the edgy, outside the box type of thing that dips toes into the superhero genre.

Offline mia h

« Reply #3627 on: Yesterday at 02:51:17 PM »
So Wally West is moving from The Flash to Legends of Tomorrow. In makes sense, with LoT retiring Firestorm and Flash not having room for Wally, moving shows seems sensible.