You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

July 18, 2018, 04:10:13 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Dealing with Excitement for a New Game?  (Read 45 times)

Offline HaybuckTopic starter

Dealing with Excitement for a New Game?
« on: July 13, 2018, 11:56:25 AM »
I've got one over in the seeking players forum and we only need 3 more people; and I just keep rereading the posts, tweaking character sheets, and generally being twitchy with the excitement and energy I have to run the game. How do you guys actually deal with the antsiness that comes with waiting for a new game to start? Not really actively looking for advice, I can totally deal with it, I just figured it'd be an interesting discussion!

Offline Sain

Re: Dealing with Excitement for a New Game?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 05:59:23 AM »
I just embrace it personally ;D If a new game is drumming up excitement then that's a great feeling to have and one of the best fuels for the writing itself.

Offline Mirrah

Re: Dealing with Excitement for a New Game?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 01:25:30 AM »
I just embrace it personally ;D If a new game is drumming up excitement then that's a great feeling to have and one of the best fuels for the writing itself.

I'm kind of like that, too. It's so fun to get giddy over characters and ideas. I start laying things out and planning or imagining situations for my character to go through, or wrenches to potentially toss into the storyline later on. >.> Because I can be evil to my characters. XD

Other than that, I enjoy it while it's there, and channel that energy into creating other things while riding it out. :-)