Senior Year With a Twist(Interest check)

Started by TheHangedOne, June 12, 2011, 10:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

Just got a rough idea, that I will refine over time, with the help of some thoughts from others. The basic gist of my idea is either high school or college based; it would be modern day, but with a twist of fantasy. Obviously, if we go the high school route, the characters we play will have to be in accordance with Elliquiy's policy on age (which, if i remember correctly, means 16+; on the safe side, I'd just assume make everyone an 18 year old senior, hence the topic title).

After play has been going on for a little bit (probably two weeks irl, enough time to give players to socialize and interact), something big would happen. The 'big' thing that happens is inspired by the Shadowrun tabletop game; HOWEVER, this is going to be a SYSTEMLESS game.

Basically, people will just start changing. The change will be fast and brutal (lasting minutes, and striking at any time), and will be pretty "wtf!"-ish. For those who have played Shadowrun, this was called Goblinization. For our purposes, I'd probably pick a different term, but the core idea is similar to the Shadowrun one. People change all over the world, and nobody really knows why.

I'm sorry if this was a bit of a jumbled mess; my thoughts are pretty rambling at this point. So, anyways...anybody interested? Got some ideas or questions? Feel free to post away.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Yorubi

Well not quite sure I'd join but reading through It did raise questions which I figure someone else might have. Really, what is the actual transformations like? Do they turn into like goblins or what? Where exactly were you thinking was going to be the driving point of the story in terms of it being action or romance or something else? The idea itself really makes me wonder if your going for a 'dealing with the odd changes', 'trying to solve the mystery of whats causing it', or 'fighting off the changed people' kind of deal.

TheHangedOne

Thanks, Yorubi.

Just about anything humanoid. Goblins, sure, but just about any fantasy humanoid race would work; elves, trolls, orcs, gnolls, hobbits...Even vampires and werewolves. The only limitation is that it has to be human-like. So no dragons, for instance. 
It would also be more of a sandbox play. Their's no overarching goal, no real direction; it's a playground for people to do as they wish with each other, basically.  I'd be playing a character alongside everyone else, too.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

bend

- A&A - On & Offs -