Sons of Anarchy - New Season

Started by Secretwriter, September 12, 2012, 12:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Secretwriter

Okay... so I watched the new episode, and it was great! There was something in it that bothered me, but I don't really want to spoil it for any of the people who haven't seen it. Click at your own risk.   

Don't click here if you don't want it spoiled
It really bothered me seeing that girl [Tig's daughter] set on fire. The fact that she was crying for her daddy and he couldn't help her threw my whole mood for the night. It was very realistic save for the fact that the fire was started with a lit cigar in gasoline.  It was honestly hearing her crying for her daddy that bothered me the most. One hell of a season opener but... ACK!

LOVED how Tara stood up to Gemma without outing her to her son. Gemma is going through a lot. LOVED seeing Gemma knock Clay on his ass. The cast is so wonderful, strong actors

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Aiden

I was glued to my TV, I made sure to DVR it because I NEED to watch it again. I loved the opening with Jax sounding a lot like his dad and the comment from chibs "Ohh its a children's book".

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Gemma hooking up with that Pimp has me wondering when the other MC connection will show up (Mayans) since you know it has something to do with them.

Damon Pope, I loved him. I know Tig's daughter being killed was brutal but Tigs did strike first. On that note.

I see Tigs, blaming Clay for it all, his lie really snowballed into something tragic.

The One' niners stuff was pretty brutal, but I kinda laughed at how utterly evil Pope is turning out to be, I can see him becoming one of my favorite villains.

Secretwriter

oh yeah
Oh I know he did, but I didn't see the other guy's daughter getting killed.  It was very much an eye for an eye… Just bothered me last night because of the extremely graphic nature. Normally stuff doesn't bother me like that but the first time I watched it, as I watched the show twice while playing online in hopes of getting it all, I looked up right as Tig was screaming 'Not her, kill me instead' and at first I thought it was Gemma, who is one of my favorite characters… Wasn't much paying attention until that spot. *coughs* Interesting IM games and all.

I haven't watched this show since it started, I caught some of season 3 and some of season 4 as my husband thinks that he's the Chosen One when it comes to the remote being in his hand.  *rolls eyes*

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Aiden

Stuff!
Ohhh, this first few seasons really cement the relationship that Clay and Tigs have, so to see it unravel is just such a powerful moment.
Hell watching Clay's fall is just...almost sad considering how brilliant he was but he is now reaping what her sowed.
Tara is one of my favorite characters, her character growth from crow eater- to Jax's old lady/"Queen" of the club is some amazing stuff.

I was hooked since season 1, FX and its awesome shows.

Secretwriter

I plan to buy this series on DVD.  It and NCIS. ^.^

Chelemar

Quote from: Secretwriter on September 12, 2012, 12:09:50 AM
Okay... so I watched the new episode, and it was great! There was something in it that bothered me, but I don't really want to spoil it for any of the people who haven't seen it. Click at your own risk.   

Don't click here if you don't want it spoiled
It really bothered me seeing that girl [Tig's daughter] set on fire. The fact that she was crying for her daddy and he couldn't help her threw my whole mood for the night. It was very realistic save for the fact that the fire was started with a lit cigar in gasoline.  It was honestly hearing her crying for her daddy that bothered me the most. One hell of a season opener but... ACK!

LOVED how Tara stood up to Gemma without outing her to her son. Gemma is going through a lot. LOVED seeing Gemma knock Clay on his ass. The cast is so wonderful, strong actors

[/spoiler]
To comment on what you wrote and Aiden as well:

spoiler guard:

HOLY SHIT!  Been watching it since it began, and wow how it's changed.  From a group that was tried to present as not quite so "bad" as trying to save their way of life...

The scene with Tigs and his daughter was gut wrenching.  Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl.  There were no down moments, from the opening to the ending. 

I love Gemma, how she just seems to hang on by her talons.  The sea change in Jax's  ole lady, Tara.  Though I don't believe the Doc was a crow eater, ever.  She and Jax were high-school sweethearts.  They were in love, but she ran away cause she didn't want sucked into the gang life.  She broke his heart when she left, and Gemma hated her for it. 

They are are mixed terms now.
[/spoiler]

Secretwriter

New Episode tonight! TOTALLY EFFING AWESOME IN SO MANY WAYS! Sorry for yelling, I'm just bouncing up and down. So many great quips, a lot of on the edge of my seat stuff, this show actually made me laugh hard enough I thought I was going to wake my kid, and scared the cats when I stared squealing and clapping.

I can't wait for next week!

Edit: forgot this was in a public area, had to tone down language. Sorry. <3

Ettore

I couldn't agree more! I didn't start watching this show until the second season but i went back and bought the first season just to start from the beginning. I have been hooked SINCE! I re watched the last season just before this one began.

The writing is great, Kurt Sutter is beyond talented! Love the cast and i have to say, besides Jax, Happy is my FAVORITE....Like a lot!!

Oppie tonight...awesome

Secretwriter

Yes, Opie tonight was stellar. I started watching the show because of him, Ryan Hurst is one of the sexiest men on television in my opinion. Just wish Ope would shave his beard or trim it down. Hard to fantasize about that ::) xD

Aiden

Opie and Chibs are my favorite characters, I did not like the season that the club spent in Ireland but I appreciated learning more about Chibs.

The thing at the wedding when Chibs wanted to speak, I thought was just awesome.

Opie punching the cops and staying close, badass!

I can't wait for the next episode!

Ohh man...and Nero, I hope he doesn't turn on the club, I think that guy is awesome. Him and Jax in the truck scene had me laughing.

Frelance

I do not have much to add to what has been said already. I am just itching to see the next episode, the show just keeps getting better and better for me.

Quote from: Aiden on September 12, 2012, 01:18:08 PM
I was glued to my TV, I made sure to DVR it because I NEED to watch it again. I loved the opening with Jax sounding a lot like his dad and the comment from chibs "Ohh its a children's book".

I have have to agree that the opening was awesome and chib's answer of "Ohh its a children's book" is my favorite quote so far.
Evolution is an arms race

Secretwriter

I am so ticked off.

Opie... WHY? Why did they kill Opie and not that SOB Tig? I've been rooting for his death since his daughter got killed but no, they go kill one of my favorite effing characters! And with the boys banging on the window too.  I'm really not happy with this show right now. Granted, Opie did what Opie does and defended his boy Jax, but darn! That's true love right there. When someone will die to protect you, that's true love.

On top of Gemma being a butt! Grr. She's been banging Nero how long now? And goes ape on some little bimbo. *rolls eyes* Either she wants that loser or she doesn't, she needs to make up her mind. Trifling. All she is is trifling.  Sure, going to Wendy was classic Gemma but letting that old droopy testicle bag, Clay, get her riled up like that... I would have whooped Clay for trying to get me mad, not Ashley Tisdale. lmbo... just... wow.

I bet you too that Clay was the one that had the po-po called on his ho. Nero's place getting busted was sooo not coincidental.

Chelemar

I am soooo ticked off with you.
I had a feeling though.  I mean, really?  Other than shooting Clay, what major story lines have they even involved Opie in?  He's the anti-Sons. We, Jated and I, figured it was gonna be him.  But wow, Jax's face later on. Holy stark lines hand planes.  Oh and that was typical Gemma, she can screw around, but nobody gonna do Clay... oh hell no!  Not unless she gives the word, and the b***h who does him, better pull his O2 so he dies while he flies.  What a way for him to go!  As for Nero, oh yeah that was Clay, those two have way too much history.  That or Nero called them himself and will blame Clay

Aiden

I don't like Opie dying, I hate it actually but it will give Jax that push he needs.

Also, I know some people might hate Pope, but I think he is freaking brilliant. I want to know MORE about him.

Secretwriter

What I do like about Pope is that he is being fair.  He is exacting justice to be eye for an eye, exactly what was taken from him. And it pisses me off that it all comes back to Tig. Tig did every bit of it. He killed the two guys, causing the death of the Son to start with. He just can't stop.  I like that Pope is keeping him alive through all of this to make him see what comes of his actions. To make him live with it.

Yeah, Opie is the Anti-Son... he's always been a good guy... but even there Tig caused Donna's death so... It all comes back to TIG! I'm gonna cheer when he finally bites it.

But yeah, I agree. Opie dying gives Jax the push he needed to take care of 'bidness'.

Kendra

I love SoA, I totally do.
Aiden was the one who got me hooked on it - so thanks again for that ;)
have only watched two episodes of the new season and the wait kills me but even though it does, we've decided (roomie and myself) that we're going to let them build up and then do an entire weekender of them  ;D
mental I know but we love watching in block lol

fantastic cast, brilliant punchy plots always - even the Irish story line could be forgiven with the terrible accents lol

one of the best series out there *sage nod*

Secretwriter

No, Kendra, that's how y'all really sound to us! :3  Kidding. *smooches*

Yeah, you're crazy. I will wait and watch the reruns in blocks. xD To each their own, but you're missing out.

Holly Marlow

I dunno how to do the spoiler window, but what happened on the last episode. I'm .. that isn't right! I love that guy!

I don't live in darkness. I revel in it. 

Secretwriter

[Spoiler=whatever you want to say in the little window]Hidden Stuff[/spoiler]

whatever you want to say in the little window
Hidden Stuff

Hope that helps! ^.^

Aiden

This made me laugh, spoilers from this weeks episode

Chelemar

Secretwriter

Secretwriter

This last episode was informative, it was a good episode.  It wasn't big or explosive, like others, but it filled in story gaps and was very touching in places. 

Plus I enjoyed seeing Tara kick that Dora woman's butt! Gemma is a manipulator, but Dora deserved that. I think her name is Dora. I like how Jax got his way with Nero, and I am excited about the new business deal.

I just gotta say that Ashley Tisdale's face and Chibs saying "tiny titty" was a hilarious scene. I don't want to know where they get fingers and tits on demand...

Aiden

And all good things come to an end, man I loved every moment of the season (cept look in spooilers)
Warning super spoilers on the finale...

Didn't like Opei dying...

This was epic!

And now to wait for the next season....*sigh*

Secretwriter

I gotta say, I got so pissed at how this season went that I did stop watching two episodes ago. That spoiler makes me wish I hadn't! Now I gotta buy the season to see it all. Oh well. <3 Thanks, Aiden! I totally could have DVR'd it last night but sadly just forgot with all the rl stress going on. *pouts*