College Woes!! (Homebrew System, Harem and Comedic game)

Started by ShadowFox89, February 04, 2014, 10:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Welcome to St.Christie's Academy, a private college located on the East Coast of America. St.Christie's has the distinction of being one of the most prestigious academies... as well as being one of the strangest. Catgirls, half-demons, half-angels, robots, magi, vampires.... They're all found in St.Christie's.

This year, a young man enters the academy! His blood, tasty to vampires. His soul, wanted by both Heaven and Hell. His smell? Well, apparently he smells like catnip. Him? He just wants to get through college in one piece.

So, this is a fairly rules-lite system game, using this system: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290243

From the thread, on how to work up a character:
1. Choose two archetypes from the list and get the GM's approval.
2. Choose a strength and weakness. Your choices are Allure, Conflict, Luck, and Skill.
3. Choose a number of advantages set by the GM (a safe default is 6). Your choices are the ones listed under your archetypes and the ones listed under “Universal Advantages."
4. Come up with all the other details of your girl. You should be consistent with the archetypes and advantages you’ve chosen, but you have a lot of leeway to come up with a name, backstory, appearance, personality quirks, and anything else.

For now, this is just to see who's interested. Game will most likely include: Tentacle monsters, bondage, exhibitionism, and orgasm denial... Though this will depend on the player. If you are interested in playing a lesbian girl, then you don't /have/ to focus on the protagonist of course. And there will be NPCs and teachers.

edit: as per request, a sheet

[b]Name[/b]: The name of your character
[b]Age[/b]: The age of your character. The school doesn't admit anyone under 18.
[b]Description[/b]: What your character looks like. You can link to an image, but please use one that isn't going to stretch the screen. Also include their thoughts and personality.
[b]Background[/b]: How did your character from to
[b]Archetypes[/b]: Choose two
[b]Abilities[/b]: List 6 in total, one of which may be in another archetype besides the one listed above, or you may also take shameless/well endowed or any universal
[b]Strong Point[/b]: Which roll do you get +1 on (Allure, Conflict, Luck, or Skill)?
[b]Weak Point[/b]: Which roll do you get -1 on?
[b]Victory Points[/b]: List the number of VP you have
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Yukina

I remember this system. It was great. :)

Would you be fine if I picked the shrinking violet and childhood friend archetypes?

Vanetias

Zaer Darkwail

Looks hilarious, I am in :). Considering the school is supernatural place we can use the supernatural archtypes too yes? I had idea for demonic and ojoy (young mistress) archtypes? I had kind idea of daughter of archfiend or 'queen of succubi' sort deal. His bodyguard is just demonic ape in business suit.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, usual harem animes happen at high school although to keep chars at +17 age category it happens during college age/setting. So probably forgot edit the title while writing the setting.

Thrasius

ShadowFox89

Well with a good amount of interest... what would everyone be looking for in a game? Episodic? Sandbox?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Yukina

I'd prefer episodic with the occasional bit of sandbox.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Yukina

Vanetias

ShadowFox89

Added a character sheet.

Would you folks prefer a male or female protagonist?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vanetias

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 07, 2014, 09:22:29 AM
Would you folks prefer a male or female protagonist?

Hmmm, I would vote female (so lesbian harem in all-girls academy school). Or we could go reverse harem (meaning guys drooling over a pretty girl).

Yukina

I'd vote for a female protagonist for the lesbian harem variation.

Yukina

Name: Suzume Miyazaki
Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personality: Suzume is your typical wallflower. She is basically the type of person you would find reading a book alone in the corner. The girl is very meek and shy around most people, though she is a bit more calm around (Protagonist). Suzume also tends to have a bit of a stutter due to her fractured esteem.
Background: Suzume was born to her Japanese mother (who was a witch) and her American father (who was a werewolf). She inherited most of her features from her mother, though she has her father's skin tone. She was very happy at a young age, but her self esteem was soon crushed as she entered school. Suzume was made fun of throughout her school life for her nationality, nerdy habits, and budding sexuality. Any friend she even had gotten had been one of those "fair weather friends". Her parents were even too focused in their jobs as scientists, leaving her lonely at home most nights. Her only friend was (Protagonist).
Archetypes: Shrinking Violet, Osananajimi (Childhood Friend)
Abilities:
- Nostalgic Memories: You and the protagonist still have warm memories of growing up together, just the two of you. +2 on unopposed rolls that none of the other girls are attempting.
- Old Friends: You have less romantic distance to cover since you already know the protagonist well. You begin every episode with a small sum of extra VP determined by the GM.
- Simpler Times: Seeing you brings the protagonist back to his childhood and clears his mind of your competitors’ shameful charms. Once per episode, you can nullify all modifiers and abilities applied by the other girls to an opposed Allure roll. Abilities nullified by this advantage are not counted as expended.
- Crying Cutie: It's heartbreaking to even imagine picking on someone as vulnerable as you, and trying to hurt your feelings is an easy way to win the protagonist's anger. While defending against Interference, if you tie or lose the roll by a margin of 1, your opponent also receives the penalty associated with the roll. You may also use Allure to defend against any type of Interference.
- Vulnerable: You have a tendency to get in trouble, but the protagonist always rushes to your aid. +2 on Luck rolls involving ending up in peril.
- Good Cook: You can prepare appealing, tasty food. +2 on Skill rolls involving cooking.
Strong Point: Allure
Weak Point: Luck
Victory Points:

Thrasius

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 04, 2014, 10:08:07 PMCatgirls, half-demons, half-angels, robots, magi, vampires....

Real quick question! Did you want us to only make characters with the races mentioned above? Thanks ahead of time.  :-)

ShadowFox89

You are free to come up with a magical race/being type, just don't go too crazy.

The Monster Girl Encyclopedia is in effect as to what type of monstergirls could be found, along with the aforementioned robots, demons, angels, and mages...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vanetias

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 07, 2014, 09:47:39 AM
Hmmm, I would vote female (so lesbian harem in all-girls academy school). Or we could go reverse harem (meaning guys drooling over a pretty girl).

I vote for the more of traditional 'all girls on one guy' sorta thing.

ShadowFox89

So 2 for girl-girl harem and 1 for guy-girl... The other option is we could do girl-both gender harem, I suppose.

Yugioshun, could you add width=300 to the image tag, so it looks like [img width=500] in the first part? It'll shrink the image to a level where I can view the whole thing :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vanetias

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Stephie613

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 07, 2014, 09:47:39 AM

I wanna work for him....LOL

Vanetias

ShadowFox89

Shameless (or its well endowed equivalent): Your casual attitude towards erotic situations gives you the confidence to flaunt what you've got. +2 on Allure rolls involving nudity or extremely revealing clothing.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Yukina

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 07, 2014, 07:02:26 PM
So 2 for girl-girl harem and 1 for guy-girl... The other option is we could do girl-both gender harem, I suppose.

Yugioshun, could you add width=300 to the image tag, so it looks like [img width=500] in the first part? It'll shrink the image to a level where I can view the whole thing :P

Understood. I shall edit it.

Vanetias

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vanetias

Name: Miu Sayakawonara
Description:
Personality:Friendly and amicable to anyone who meets her, she is easygoing and likes to make Mangaka. However, within Her friendly demeanor likes a perverted nature that both loves and lusts after the (Protagonist) her favorite hobbies are fishing, camping, reading and gaming.
Background: Born to a large yet normal family, Miu led quite a nice life durring her early years, at school, she had a lot of friends, who she keeps a close touch with. Later in life, she volunteered for a medical experiment in which she was injected nanites into her body, which somehow not only enchanted her sexuality and sex apeal to the point that it soon made her promiscuous as a sex droid, but also gave her a transformation into a more robotic look, with mechanical limbs, radar headgear for ears and orange-colored LEDs tattooed onto her body, including on her breats and her crotch.he enrolled into the academy in Order to home her skills, which include of herself being a pervert and trying to improve her skills in art and writing, mostly for her Mangaka and Doujinsh, I whom she has started taking on from some of her friends, who were Otakus like her. She is also somewhat a fan of Exhibitionsim and public sex, and would sometimes want to try those if the chances appear, sometimes transforming into her robotic form just to do such. Though, she even has limits as she won't have sex with animals(Due to her keeping a pet) and directly with othe girls. She can cook quite well, especially in the eastern department.

Archetypes: Pervert, Otaku
Abilities:
Shameless/Well Endowded: Your casual attitude towards erotic situations gives you the confidence to flaunt what you've got. +2 on Allure rolls involving nudity or extremely revealing clothing.
Genre Savvy: You’ve watched enough harem anime to know where this is going… you don’t just stumble into unexpectedly romantic situations, you plan them. Twice per episode, you may substitute a Skill roll for a Luck roll.

Cosplay Enthusiast: You have a painstaking eye for detail that complements your love of cosplay. +2 on Skill rolls involving crafting disguises or costumes, and +2 on Allure rolls while dressed in cosplay.

Doujinshi Enthusiast: You’ve drawn a variety of questionable manga with characters that look suspiciously like the protagonist, which could raise some interesting questions if he stumbles upon that copy you dropped (or unsettle any competitors whose likenesses you happened to include). Three times per episode, you may attempt an extra D4 Luck roll which grants a +2 on an Allure or Conflict roll if successful.

Good Cook: You can prepare appealing, tasty food. +2 on Skill rolls involving cooking.

Peeping Tom: You have a sixth sense when it comes to finding people in the middle of changing. +2 on Luck rolls involving peeping or walking in on embarrassing situations.

Weak Point: Conflict
Victory Points: 0

ShadowFox89

Van, that background doesn't really work >.<

Why does she have perverted and otaku tendencies? Her parents don't matter, what matters is more her background and one or two important events in her life.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Thrasius

Name: Naoko Wakahisa
Race: Half-Demon
Description:

Personality: Naoko is, for lack of a better word, strange and her seemingly emotionless demeanor only adds to her oddness. She doesn't really care for groups, mainly because it's somewhat of a hassle to talk with other people, let alone holding a conversation with them. Despite knowing that her classmates generally tend to avoid her, Naoko doesn't try to correct her behavior. She lives in her own world with her own set of rules. Naoko is attracted to (Protagonist) because she believes that he is the only person who understands her and the rules of the alternate reality she lives in. Some of her favorite hobbies include balancing objects on top of each other, watching the washing machine run and collecting rocks, especially ones that look like (Protagonist).

Background: Naoko was born in an upscale part of New York, just a few miles outside of Albany. Her father and mother (succubus) were both very wealthy entrepreneurs, only meeting after Naoko's father discovered her mother's true form. In a very lucky turn of events, it turned up being that her father and mother actually fell for each other and, after marrying, decided to have Naoko. Despite the love between them though, they hardly ever spent time with Naoko, leaving her alone for hours on end everyday. There wasn't anything that she could really say to her parents to convince them to stay home and they would often tell her that they wouldn't be able to live if they didn't work. Naoko knew they were lying though and, eventually, she just stopped caring.

All the time Naoko spent alone began to take its toll on her. Her face was now void of any emotion, since she hardly ever felt anything. She had created her own version of reality, one in which she fully controlled. It didn't matter whether or not her parents were gone now. She didn't care. Why should she? As far as she was concerned, her mother suddenly vanished from existence and her father was living in an abandoned missile silo out near Area 52. In all actuality, they were still successful entrepreneurs but in Naoko's mind, they weren't. Soon after she started to show signs of, what her parents called, 'mental decay', they quickly signed Naoko up for schooling, in an attempt to bring her back.

But it was already to late. Throughout her schooling, she continued to act and grow stranger as the years progressed. Her social life was virtually nonexistent as she would often isolate herself from any group activities. Anyone who tried to talk to her could never understand what she was talking about, so they'd generally just stay away from her. Despite her social problems, she actually did pretty well in school, earning some of the highest marks in her class. As soon as Naoko graduated from high school, her parents did not hesitate enrolling her into St.Christie's Academy, who gladly accepted her. Naoko openly admits being attracted to (Protagonist), mainly because he's the only one that 'truly understands her'.

Archetypes: Cuckoolander & Chuunibyou (Delusional Teen)
Abilities:
-Odd Affinity: “Odd” is a word that describes you pretty well. Twice per episode, you may choose to make an Odd Roll, which doubles the value of your die roll if the rolled number is odd (i.e. the possible results are 2, 2, 4, 6, 6, and 10).

-Delusional Defense: When the trans-dimensional Wyvern Lords try to interfere with your destined mission, you deploy the Schwarz Shield and ward off their attacks! +2 on rolls while defending against Conflict Interference, and you may use any roll type while doing so.

-Zone Out: It’s hard to hold a coherent argument against you or faze you with anything whenever your head starts drifting off into the clouds. +1 on Conflict rolls involving verbal altercations, fright, or intimidation.

-Sealed Power: When the world is pushed to the brink of annihilation, you unleash your forbidden techniques to turn the tables (and embarrass yourself a bit). Three times per episode, you automatically reroll if you get a “1” on any roll.

-Destiny’s Bond: Fate draws you and the protagonist together! Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed Luck roll as a success.

-Multiple Personalities: Within you slumbers a hidden alter ego with terrible powers that awakens in times of crisis… supposedly. Once per episode, you can choose a different strong and weak roll for the remainder of the episode.
Strong Point: Luck
Weak Point: Allure

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Stephie613 on February 07, 2014, 08:43:26 PM

I wanna work for him....LOL

Work for who  ???

Anyways here goes;

Name: Virginia Bellmourth
Description, her bodyguard looks like this
Background: Virginia Bellmourth is a daughter of Lucifia, a succubi queen ruling her own layer in abyss and her father is archfiend Belkars who has lots influence both in abyss and in mortal world as filthy rich business man (and is master of making faustian pacts). Virginia had lived most her life in abyss but she moved recently to mortal world as she is curious about it (what she tells others) and she joined to the academy to get proper education.

Virginia is accompanied by a butler/bodyguard who takes care of her needs. She has got dozens of lovers, both mortal and demonic alike. But she is mysteriously drawn to (Protagonist), she has convinced herself that (Protagonist) is her true love because in early age a demonic seer had prophesied that she finds true love in mortal world and that person shall bring her ultimate happiness what no amount of wealth shall never provide for her and also will make her certainly surpass her mother and take her throne. This is true reason why she is in mortal realm in first place, she just did not except find her true love so soon and in academy itself....and have competition for his love.
Archetypes: Demon&Ojou (Young Mistress)
Abilities:

• Shameless (+2 on Allure rolls involving nudity or extremely revealing clothing)
  • Hired Muscle (Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed Conflict roll as a success)
  • Dazzling Display ( Twice per episode, you can force any other girls attempting a roll in the same scene to roll twice and take the lower result. "Contingency Plan" nullifies this effect if used in the same scene)
  • Faustian Pact (Twice per episode, you may give +2 on another girl’s roll. On the next roll in which both you and your target participate, she takes -2 on her roll and you gain +1 on yours)
  • Speak of Devil ( +2 on Luck rolls involving being found by the protagonist)
  • Graceful (Twice per episode, you may substitute a value of 4 for any d6 roll)
Strong Point: +1 Skill
Weak Point: -1 Luck
Victory Points: 00

Vanetias

Mysterica

Must start reading to submit something to this game!  *tucks in and starts reading*

Avalon29

If you're still accepting more people I would love to join. This sounds really fun.

ShadowFox89

Including you two and Steph, I think that'd be it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Avalon29

Hurray!  :-) I'll get up a character sheet for approval as soon as possible.

Avalon29

Here's what I have. If I need to change anything let me know.

Name: Rise Okane
Description:

Personality: There are several different words that could be used to describe Rise. Bubbly, earnest, honest, kind, naïve or gullible if one wants to put it bluntly. All of these words fit her but the one word that would describe her perfectly no matter the situation is clumsy. She’s a klutz and accident prone to the extreme. She can trip over nothing but air and her endeavors usually end in failure. No matter how many times she falls however she always gets up and tries again with a smile on her face. Many of the other students in the class consider her to be useless and nothing more than a bringer of bad luck but she continues to smile anyway. She’s fallen deeply in love with (Protagonist) because of his/her kindness and the way he/she recognizes her hard work and is always willing to give her another chance.

Background: Rise grew up working and living at a shrine for a goddess of misfortune. She worked hard at it doing her chores and taking care of the shrine. Her devotion to the shrine soon attracted the attention of the goddess and for her hard work she was given the goddess’s “Blessing”. After receiving the blessing misfortune seemed to follow Rise everywhere. She started to trip on small cracks in the ground and her own two feet. She couldn’t even perform simple chores like cleaning the floors or drying clothes.  Things like leaks in the wash buckets or it suddenly starting to rain whenever she hung up the laundry up to dry began to become common occurrences for her. Her bad luck didn’t only affect her either. Whenever she performed fortune telling things like “You will have terrible luck this year” always happened and she soon discovered another use for it. Whenever she dwelled on her misfortune or desperately wished something bad would happen to someone, bad luck would suddenly affect the person she thought about or someone nearby.

It was determined that it would be best for Rise to go to St. Christie’s Acadamy. Someone who had been blessed by the goddess had to be special and have some kind of great destiny in front of her and going to such a prestigious school could help with that or so she was told. The reason she was sent could’ve also been because the shrine was running out of money to replace all the things she breaks while cleaning and the others who worked and lived at the shrine were tired of having to wear soggy clothes.

Archetypes: Miko, Dojikko (Clumsy Girl)

Abilities:

• Accident-Prone: You just can’t help but trip and fall in embarrassing positions. +2 on Luck rolls involving stumbles, falls, and accidents.

• Easily Forgiven: It’s hard to get frustrated with you despite the mistakes you made. Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed Skill roll as a success.

• Lovable Klutz: Your ineptitude only adds to your charm. If you lose an opposed Skill roll or fail an unopposed Skill roll, +2 on your next Allure roll. This ability cannot be stacked with itself; if you fail two Skills rolls and then make an Allure roll, the bonus remains at +2 and an additional use does not carry over.

• Taking You With Me: You might not do it intentionally, but your stumbles can send you crashing right into your rivals’ way. Twice per episode, when you and at least one other girl are attempting the same opposed or unopposed roll, you may force one of the other girls to use the result of your die roll in place of theirs if yours is lower. You may voluntarily take a 1 on this roll.

• Maiden’s Garb: Your traditional form of dress is oddly appealing in modern times. +2 on Allure rolls while wearing your shrine maiden’s outfit.

• Warding Talisman: You protect yourself from the spirits of ill fortune, leaving the others to suffer their influence. Any other girls who attempt the same Luck roll as you take a -1 on their roll.

Strong Point: Luck
Weak Point: Skill

Mysterica

Name: Yuki Yasaka
Description:
Yuki is always in it for the most interesting end result, even if the only way to get there is by jumping straight into the unknown with a blindfold on.  She has little care for whatever bad may happen, if she sees a possible good result, that is all she focuses on as though no harm can come to her.  She barely manages to scrape by passing grades simply because it is so much more fun to charge headfirst into whatever new activity she discovers than to sit down and stare at a dusty old book.  College is all about the experience.  Any day is a success so long as she has fun, and she can't remember a single day that was just a 'bad' day.
Background: Yuki had an... interesting... childhood.  Her attitude, style,  and friends were always changing as she moved from clique to clique with no pattern.  Yuki had a lot of trouble deciding what seemed the most fun, was it better hanging out with the rockers, or were the pretty girls more fun to be with?  She struggled for years just trying to really learn just who she belonged with.  It has only been since going off to college that she has begun to discover who she really was, largely thanks to the protagonist's advice to just be a mix of everything she likes and just be friends with who she likes the most.  She seems to have taken that advice to heart as now there is no telling what she is likely to do at any given moment with no chains to hold her back.  She has joined the protagonist's gang and every day looks forward to going to spend time with the first people to really understand accept her
Archetypes: Genki, Pervert
Abilities: Sweet tooth, Butt in, Wandering hands, Shameless, Morning person, Peeping Tom
Weak Point: Luck
Victory Points: List the number of VP you have

ShadowFox89

I haven't forgotten about this (holy shit, almost 2 weeks? really?)!

What sort of protagonist would everyone like to see? Shy and meek? Loud and stubborn?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vanetias

The protagonist would be an all-time pervert, just to give it a spin.

I mostly don't play as a girl, but when I do, I play it for the lulz.

Yukina

A shy and meek harem protagonist sounds nice and original. :)

Vanetias

Yukina

Avalon29

Mysterica