It's Time For a Love Story!

Started by Florence, April 17, 2013, 05:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukina

I think I might withdraw from this. I'm a bit swapped with other rps and a few pathfinder campaigns.

Carlissa

I suck at bios. I'm much better on the field of battle... I think...

Name: Erika Saffron
Orientation: Heterosexual

Erika

Bio: To those who don't know her well (and no one really does), Erika can be described as a quiet and somewhat pitiful person. Her soft voice and naturally sorrowful gaze gives her a lonely and rather depressing look to her, like there is something on her mind that lays heavy on her shoulders. She is quick to apologize for even the smallest of mistakes (most of which are not even her fault) and usually avoids eye contact. Despite all this, Erika is actually a warm and motherly person at heart, and is very sensitive to other people's feelings. She aims to please no matter the situation and gets pleasure from seeing someone smile because of her helpfulness. She is somewhat awkward in social situations but enjoys hanging out with friends and being a positive part of people's lives.

Erika lives with her older half-brother Roderick, who is 10 years her senior and is a developing alcoholic. Born from a woman whom Erika still doesn't know to this day, Roderick was the first child of their father and was a result of a failed relationship between two college lovers who were more concerned with fucking like rabbits than a committed relationship. He unexpectedly took Erika in at their father's request (who he hadn't heard from for 11) when he was only 24 and freshly out of college. While barely knowing each other and both being rather distant people, the two seemed to get along well by making an effort to be a family, something which both of them knew little of. Roderick, while somewhat of a pervert and has questionable morals, tries to be a good man for the sake of his household as well as his sister. Lately he's started to take up drinking for unknown reasons, and has consumed a lot of the household's money...
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Florence

Oh yay! I was worried everyone had lost interest in this xD

Alright, well, I love the character :D

I'll get to work on an OOC tonight or tomorrow, and hopefully we'll pick up enough people to get this really going.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Carlissa

So, umm... How's that OOC thread going? xD
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Florence

Well... I was kind of hoping there's be a little more interest ._.;
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Carlissa

Well... Maybe if we talk a lot, we can convince people that this thread is active and therefor attract more interest?... Maybe?...

Florence

Sounds like a plan to me! ... so, how's the weather?

Carlissa

It depends on what you consider nice. Personally, I like it better when it rains than when it's clear, because rain reflects my inner turmoil and I feel at home only in depressing environments because of how lonely and sad I am.

Nah just kidding. I like it because I like rain. I like the smell of rain and the noise it makes when it falls down around you. It's very relaxing and comforting.

But that's not what you asked. Right now it's clear and a good temperature, but we haven't had overcast here in a while. I hope we get some soon before it gets too hot.

Florence

I'm with you on the rain thing. I love rain. Hate storms though. Power outages suck, and unfortunately I live in an area that gets hurricanes a lot lately  :<

Carlissa

Aww, hurricanes suck. I don't get hit with he brute force of hurricanes where I live, but we do get little bits of them. They arn't nearly as bad as the actual thing though.

Florence

Quote from: Carlissa on May 03, 2013, 08:11:12 AM
Aww, hurricanes suck. I don't get hit with he brute force of hurricanes where I live, but we do get little bits of them. They arn't nearly as bad as the actual thing though.

Sucks either way :<

I wonder if its a sign of immaturity or proper appreciation for the classics that I've been marathoning old-school Power Rangers on Netflix. I'd proper a Power Rangers/Sentai rp if this doesn't build interest, but I think I already saw one of those last time I looked at the group rp requests.

Carlissa

I would say proper appreciation. The Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers is a TV classic. I don't find any shame in watching a TV show that you enjoyed while you were a child. I sometimes watch episodes of the original Pokemon show on YouTube just for the heck of it.

You could make a Power Ranger RP if you really want to. Just make sure it's different from the one already running.

Florence

I think it just means I'm a horrible nerd. I just heard about the new Gatchaman movie, and I want to see it hardcore. And I rewatched the first season of Robotech not too long ago, actually loved it even more than when I watched it as a kid, probably cause I watched the episodes in order and was old enough to understand some of the subtleties of the plot. For a bastardized American adaptation, Robotech is actually a really well-written and mature love story, showing that love is messy, frustrating, difficult and definitely worth fighting for :o

... if this doesn't pick up interest, I'm totally working on a way to combine my love of various cheesy old Japanese series/American adaptations of Japanese series into something awesome. SOMEHOW.

Carlissa

They're making a new Gatchaman movie!? Jeez, first Dragon Ball then Gatchaman... It's only a matter of time before they make a Doraemon or Dr. Slump movie now...

Make an Ultraman RP! Or some kind of Kaiju RP! Or maybe a Power Ranger/Ultraman/Gamara/Godzilla hybrid RP!

Florence

Quote from: Carlissa on May 03, 2013, 09:50:45 AM
They're making a new Gatchaman movie!? Jeez, first Dragon Ball then Gatchaman... It's only a matter of time before they make a Doraemon or Dr. Slump movie now...

Make an Ultraman RP! Or some kind of Kaiju RP! Or maybe a Power Ranger/Ultraman/Gamara/Godzilla hybrid RP!

xD! I wanna see that new Dragon Ball movie too. The Gatchaman movie is actually live action... there's also a live action Kiki's Delivery Service movie in the works too. Thankfully they're both Japanese. American adaptations of foreign works almost always make me die inside unless its things like Power Rangers xD

Man, I just wish Kamen Rider was on Netflix :<

Alright, if this fails, I think I'm gonna try a tokusatsu rp, an original setting, but inspired by stuff like Power Rangers/Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and stuff, and maybe with some kaiju baddies.

Carlissa

In all honesty, I really don't think the Dragon Ball movie looks all that great. The primary problem I have with the movie is Super Saiyan God, but there are a lot of little things I have a problem with too. Like Piccolo singing karaoke. And how there's no Bulla. And how the Pilaf Gang still exists. And how TORIYAMA FORGOT LAUNCH AGAIN.

I never saw Kamen Rider. It looks like Ultraman though.

It's an interesting idea with potential, but it might have the same problem this RP is having. We might not get a lot of interest considering it isn't a smut fest.

Florence

Quote from: Carlissa on May 03, 2013, 06:16:55 PM
In all honesty, I really don't think the Dragon Ball movie looks all that great. The primary problem I have with the movie is Super Saiyan God, but there are a lot of little things I have a problem with too. Like Piccolo singing karaoke. And how there's no Bulla. And how the Pilaf Gang still exists. And how TORIYAMA FORGOT LAUNCH AGAIN.

I never saw Kamen Rider. It looks like Ultraman though.

It's an interesting idea with potential, but it might have the same problem this RP is having. We might not get a lot of interest considering it isn't a smut fest.

Hmmm... you raise good points, but I guess I'm just glad for anything that isn't a crappy live action movie or GT at this point.

And... perhaps, but I've seen a few non-smutfest rps work on here.

Carlissa

Well, we are going to get more DBZ movies in the future from now on, so this might run into another GT... At least for me. A lot of people seem to like the movie. I personally prefer Dragon Ball Inline to be the successor for Dragon Ball, but that's just me.

It depends one what you mean by "work". I've seen non smut RPs get off the ground, but they never last very long. That's just in my experience though.

Florence

I'm not too familiar with DBO, assuming that was a typo and not some other spinoff I've ever never heard of xD

It looks good, though, but I can't really compare with my limited knowledge. In my opinion though, Dragon Ball Z was still GREAT until... I'd say around the Buu saga, for me. Really, the introduction of Super Saiyans was where it started to decline a little, with the solution to most problems becoming "unlock a new Super Saiyan level", but it didn't really go overboard with it for me until the Buu Saga, where it just started pulling things out its ass. That said, I still would consider the Buu Saga "enjoyable", if not "great". GT is where it just... I don't like to talk about GT.

As for whether or not a non-smut rp can last, I don't really see why it can't. I mean, that's not to say this rp OR the proposed super sentai ish thing, would be completely without hot smutty action. I just generally feel like, the hot smutty action is far more enjoyable once you've given time for the characters to grow and develop. Maybe I'm just a weirdo, but I find the banging to be a LOT more hawt when I understand WHY the characters are banging; what lead up to them banging, what their relationship is, what the emotions going into said banging are, etc.

I mean, sure, I can enjoy a wham bam thank you ma'am quicky rp as much as the next guy from time to time, but by and large I like to have some story behind the action, so to speak. When I say non-smutfest, I basically just mean, the characters probably won't be banging for like... at LEAST 5-10 pages in, depending on the size of the group and horniness of the characters.

Carlissa

QuoteI'm not too familiar with DBO, assuming that was a typo and not some other spinoff I've ever never heard of xD

Yeah sorry, I meant Dragon Ball Online.

QuoteIt looks good, though, but I can't really compare with my limited knowledge.

I play the game myself, actually. It's pretty average when it comes to MMO's, as the only thing it has going for it is that it takes place in the Dragon Ball Universe. It's a must play for hardcore Dragon Ball players, but don't go in expecting to find a groundbreaking MMO.

QuoteIn my opinion though, Dragon Ball Z was still GREAT until... I'd say around the Buu saga, for me. Really, the introduction of Super Saiyans was where it started to decline a little, with the solution to most problems becoming "unlock a new Super Saiyan level", but it didn't really go overboard with it for me until the Buu Saga, where it just started pulling things out its ass. That said, I still would consider the Buu Saga "enjoyable", if not "great".

I can see where you're coming from, although it wasn't always as simple as "unlock new Super Saiyan level, defeat opponent". Even when Goku unlocked SSJ3 he still couldn't beat Buu by himself. He had to use teamwork to defeat him for good. I didn't like the Buus as villains, because they took the regeneration thing way too far. It got boring for me.

But Fusion is so badass.

QuoteGT is where it just... I don't like to talk about GT.

No one likes to talk about GT, dear.

QuoteAs for whether or not a non-smut rp can last, I don't really see why it can't. I mean, that's not to say this rp OR the proposed super sentai ish thing, would be completely without hot smutty action. I just generally feel like, the hot smutty action is far more enjoyable once you've given time for the characters to grow and develop. Maybe I'm just a weirdo, but I find the banging to be a LOT more hawt when I understand WHY the characters are banging; what lead up to them banging, what their relationship is, what the emotions going into said banging are, etc.

I completely agree. Character developement and plot progression make smut so much better than smut right off the bat. The characters need to have reason to sleep with each other, and chemistry to boot. Of course, I rarely get that far in any of my RPs, so I'm not talking a lot out of experience...

Florence

Fun fact: One of the most enjoyable rp relationships I had was between a friends character and mine in a Second Life rp. They never ever slept together, but managed to build up such incredibly chemistry over the course of the rp that they were just a blast to rp, especially when it all exploded into a massive make-out fest that trashed her character's dorm room xD

As for Buu, I think that's what really got to me about it too. They'd totally destroy Buu, he'd come back, they'd have to find some new way to destroy him, rinse and repeat ad nauseam. I would give DBO a shot except I'm currently completely enthralled with Neverwinter.

Carlissa

Daww, that's cute. I think the deepest RP relationship I had was one of my first RPs, where I was a maiden and my RP partner was a dragon. I was pretty inexperiencedat RPing then, so my character development wasn't as strong as it would be today. But it was one of the only RPs I actually got to be pregnant in.

DBO can be a little hard to get into, since its in another language. You should prepare yourself for a slow start before you jump into it.

Florence

I could prolly manage it xD I managed to play Blade & Soul in Korean xD

But for now I'll settle for playing Neverwinter and waiting for the Gatchaman movie and the new Sailor Moon anime xD

Carlissa

When is Blade and Souls coming out in the US anyway? That game looks fun.

I saw a few people glance at this topic, but none have posted... I find it wierd that I'm the only one who posted a character sheet though. I'm usually the last one to post anything.

Florence

Quote from: Carlissa on May 04, 2013, 12:25:32 AM
When is Blade and Souls coming out in the US anyway? That game looks fun.

I saw a few people glance at this topic, but none have posted... I find it wierd that I'm the only one who posted a character sheet though. I'm usually the last one to post anything.

I guess maybe its just not that interesting a concept. Shame, I thought it was pretty clever, but oh well, that's life. Sometimes ya hit, sometimes ya miss.

As for Blade & Soul's english language release... I honestly don't know. Seems like they still haven't given one :<