[BESM 3RD] Locked In! (Sword Art Online inspired game)

Started by Letrixia, January 02, 2015, 06:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Letrixia

A new system is out!

A new system is out, VR is bringing the gaming systems into the next age and the first game of this series Sword Art Online promises to be a hit. The system uses the latest VR headset to bring you in the game while your body rests your mind will go into an adventure where you will play the role of your character!. However what happens when there is a more sinister future for this game fans?.

Six friends (five plus my npc) are together always, they try every game together and with this new VR game coming in they have to get it. Being as expensive as it is Nikki buys all of her friends a system and a reserved copy of Sword Art Online due to the fact that her family has the most money. Finally the day came where they would go in the game and experience what it's like to hold a sword in your hand and slay a creature, how it is to be an actual character in a game little do they know is that they would spend more time in game than what they think. 

Rules are Rules!....

- 300 Points character creation
- Max stat on 6
- No magic at all. Sword Art Online didn't have any magic but sword skills or weapons skills which is what you will use.
- Defects cap at 10 points [Bear in mind this is stuff that will affect you both in SOA and real world]
- We will base this game in the first season of SOA. If you manage to beat the game then I will ask you to make another human character sheet and we will play out of the game until another 'VR Game' comes out.
- This game is meant for people who are beginners as well as experts in BESM, however at least little knowledge is necessary from the series if you have doubts or want to know pm me.
* MORE RULES WILL BE ADDED*

Players & Characters 3/6 open
- GM Character
- Muse Character
- Marie Reynolds Character
- Zaer Darkwail
- Kimmy
- Pockets

Kimmy

I have a character idea where, one player makes their avatar but is called away just as their logging in - taking off the helmet before it can zap them. And a sibling sneaks in to try it out this new game they'd been talking about. The idea was they'd end up trapped, appearing like their sibling - probably a little older, maybe the other gender? And having to deal with the difficulty of anyone in their friends who have a crush on their sibling and/or themselves... As well as their own crushes... Telling everyone the truth, maintaining the facade... Getting intimate in someone else's body?

I'm guessing it's not what your chasing, but I can but ask.

Edit: Just watched the first episode & it's mentioned that the player performs an initial body scan to calibrate the nervegear before starting. So my idea is at least plausible, if it suits your story.
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Pockets

08/02 - New A/A Update

Autocad

Posting interest!

A few questions: 1) does everyone get a mirror this time around (for those new to the series, in SAO during the reveal at the beginning, everyone gets a mirror which transforms their avatar into their real-world selves - yes, instantly revealing all the GIRLs)?

2) This being Elliquiy, how much and what sexual content will there be?

Letrixia

Quote from: Kimmy on January 02, 2015, 07:40:08 PM
I have a character idea where, one player makes their avatar but is called away just as their logging in - taking off the helmet before it can zap them. And a sibling sneaks in to try it out this new game they'd been talking about. The idea was they'd end up trapped, appearing like their sibling - probably a little older, maybe the other gender? And having to deal with the difficulty of anyone in their friends who have a crush on their sibling and/or themselves... As well as their own crushes... Telling everyone the truth, maintaining the facade... Getting intimate in someone else's body?

I'm guessing it's not what your chasing, but I can but ask.

Edit: Just watched the first episode & it's mentioned that the player performs an initial body scan to calibrate the nervegear before starting. So my idea is at least plausible, if it suits your story.

Yes but also remember it scans your eyes and your head so if it sees something that does not compute with the data they would reset the settings.

Quote from: Autocad on January 02, 2015, 08:19:59 PM
Posting interest!

A few questions: 1) does everyone get a mirror this time around (for those new to the series, in SAO during the reveal at the beginning, everyone gets a mirror which transforms their avatar into their real-world selves - yes, instantly revealing all the GIRLs)?

2) This being Elliquiy, how much and what sexual content will there be?

Yes everybody will get the mirror at the start and the sexual content depends on your roleplay.

Kimmy

Quote from: Letrixia on January 02, 2015, 08:42:26 PM
Yes but also remember it scans your eyes and your head so if it sees something that does not compute with the data they would reset the settings.

Siblings could be very similar in the face - perhaps enough to fall within the systems margin of error. So is that a yes to my idea? Or at least a maybe?
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Letrixia

not sure on that one. The details about the VR helm works on the game are a bit off. But yes Maybe it all depends on how you make your character.

Kimmy

Well it's a chance. I'll try my luck. ^_^ Do you have any requests or advice for creating a character - I've not used the Besm system in a while & I'm rusty ^^'

Letrixia

Kimmy

Are your character's stats based on their real world selves at all? Or would they based solely on your choices when you set up your avatar?

Letrixia

based on avatar. If you manage to pass the game then I would ask to make a 'human' character sheet.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest for this game, make charsheet tomorrow and I am fan of the SoA.

Anyways as it's known there are unique blade art skills (like dual wielding) so would those need approval of the GM or can they freely designed on the char? Anyways I assume the blade skills are working like weapon attributes (in sense how they are build).

Also I presume we can 'level up' during the game over course of it (get more points round out the chars). Anyways this is pic which I reserve for my char avatar look; http://www.esterior.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/0011.jpg

Letrixia

I will give out the basic skill, remember the game is new it would not be logical for you to have the best stuff at the beginning. Just tell me how much points you want on your weapon and I will make a basic weapon for you. Yes there will be levels, character points after creation will go towards your xp once you lv up I will give you the points to spend on character sheet.

Letrixia

As of now I am not accepting any more characters, if someone drops then I will open spots.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, in the pic my guy has broadsword (or kind of bastard sword). I would invest around 30pts for it (for weapon itself and blade skills) where as around 120-150pts go to pure stats. Leaving then around +120pts for other attributes, skills and such. Perhaps even some points for the armor he wears (could be beta tester gift armor with unique look and bit better stats than starting armor but not overwhelming a lot, I think transmog system where you keep armor appearance how you like it can carry on new gear).

Letrixia

That can be done but remember how Beta testers were seen on the second episode.

Autocad

And also remember that the avatar gets replaced with the IRL appearance about five minutes in.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I know. Also know beta testers get into trouble and his armor/sword sets will draw the ire/eye of folks unless use custom disguise item :P.

Daril

I'm a bit confused as to whether there are still slots open here or not.  I'm tentatively interested.  I've participated in other SAO RPGs on here before but they've all been freeform ones.

Autocad

I'm going to have to gracefully bow out of this one.

Letrixia

Sad to see you go. There are no open slots because with Autocad we have exactly the amount of players I wanted, someone else bows out and then there will be a free spot.

Muse

Does anyone have concepts yet?  If so, I can fit to them? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kimmy

So with making a character, if your not a beta tester you shouldn't spend anything on equipment right? I mean we're starting as new level 1 characters with the basics? Or is there a reasonable amount to put into some starting gear? And for that matter, how does companions for the monster tamer work?

Pockets

BESM Character sheet for everyone's use.

Character Name:
Player Name:
Weight:
Sex:
Model:
Description:

Point Cost:
Templates Used:
Size:

Body Stat:
Mind Stat:
Soul Stat: