What plot/story line can you never find a partner for?

Started by backlash84, August 04, 2014, 06:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 25, 2014, 02:03:08 AM
Actually, I'd say Deadpool is Iron Age incarnate.  He's got it all.  Two Katana (cuz one is just so passé), at least two automatic weapons, more pouches than clothing, traumatic background, yet devil may care attitude and is a stone cold killer.  He's everything bad about the Iron Age, worse, people LOVE him for it.

When Deadpool was designed (by Rob Liefeld, who more than deserves the "Iron/Dark Age Incarnate" tag) sure... he was basically a rip-off of Deathstroke over at DC (down to the "in-joke" Wade Wilson name) made even more "xtreme" and gritty. But at that point Deadpool was a minor supporting character who showed little to no personality and was largely "overly badass henchman of the week". It was only really when Fabian Nicieza got a good hold of him, started to give him a personality and used him to mock the rest of the late 80's early 90's grim-dark super badass characters that he started to take off... and it was when Joe Kelly ramped all of that up to 11 that he became popular. Arguably it was only really when Fabian Nicieza got hold of him again for the generally excellent Cable vs Deadpool series (which spent quite a lot of its time ripping apart that late 80's/early90's period and the cliches that came with it) that Deadpool really became super popular.

As for why he's popular? I don't think it's the Iron/Dark Age elements at all... it's how entertaining he is in the hands of a skilled writer with his idiosyncrasies, fourth wall breaking and general humour. Iron/Dark Age heroes generally tried (emphasis on "tried") to be some awesome wicked-cool badass; Deadpool loves Golden Girls and is scared of cows and chickens... if he's cool it's in a deeply ironic way.

Inkidu

This one, which as previously stated is the one I really want to do, so of course no nibbles.

The Lost Princess

She is the battlemistress for her father, the High Cardinal of the Theocracy. Since she was sixteen she has led fleets and men into glorious conquest against the aliens that inhabit the Milky Way Galaxy. The human cluTheocracy spans one-thousand world, but the Church-State body had declared an encompassing moratorium on most advanced technology. The Empire has forgotten more technology than it currently possesses.

In a fight against the bio-engineered monsters of the Varg Collective the Princess's ship was attacked by one of their space-swimming leviathans. A leagues-long centipedial creatures. Her ships, The Coming Dawn was lost and she was sent down to the nearby farm-world of Mesopotamia IV. She was sent with the ships cache of artifacts including an ion-sword destined as a gift of office for the new shadowmaster. The head of the Theocracy's intelligence offices.

Stuck on a backwater world living in a feudal society the Princess becomes something more. Part royal, part holy, part goddess. She possess weapons and technologies that her own subjects haven't seen before. She also acquires a new headache in the form of farm-world farmer who set out one day to find the falling start in the night sky.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Nuttyxprincess

It isn't that I cant find a partner for, it is that I can't keep them. Two in the last few weeks have gotten themselves banned from E.

The others seem unable to read my advertisements and send me an adaptation of my ideas that are nothing like the idea I posted. I didn't think it would be so hard to find a character/plot heavy rp partner...

Holidays end this weekend. :( Last term for the year, but normally the most stressful!

~ O/O  ~ Artwork ~ Random Thoughts ~

Twisted Crow

I have also had partners that have had to go on hiatus to take care of personal things in life. And in turn, I also had to leave and take care of a few things before coming back.

Sadly, I think that has affected any reputation I have as a writer here.  Oh well. ::)

I still have the joys of the doormat.. and video games.  ;D

Nadir

Someone to scratch my itch for Doctrine Of Labyrinths. Such a wonderfully dark series. 

Twisted Crow

Quote from: Dim Hon on August 28, 2014, 03:39:13 AM
Someone to scratch my itch for Doctrine Of Labyrinths. Such a wonderfully dark series.

Hehe. You know.. it's not easy to read that without grinning, considering your current avatar, good sir.  ;D

Chris Brady

Quote from: consortium11 on August 26, 2014, 05:50:05 PM
When Deadpool was designed (by Rob Liefeld, who more than deserves the "Iron/Dark Age Incarnate" tag) sure... he was basically a rip-off of Deathstroke over at DC (down to the "in-joke" Wade Wilson name) made even more "xtreme" and gritty. But at that point Deadpool was a minor supporting character who showed little to no personality and was largely "overly badass henchman of the week". It was only really when Fabian Nicieza got a good hold of him, started to give him a personality and used him to mock the rest of the late 80's early 90's grim-dark super badass characters that he started to take off... and it was when Joe Kelly ramped all of that up to 11 that he became popular. Arguably it was only really when Fabian Nicieza got hold of him again for the generally excellent Cable vs Deadpool series (which spent quite a lot of its time ripping apart that late 80's/early90's period and the cliches that came with it) that Deadpool really became super popular.

As for why he's popular? I don't think it's the Iron/Dark Age elements at all... it's how entertaining he is in the hands of a skilled writer with his idiosyncrasies, fourth wall breaking and general humour. Iron/Dark Age heroes generally tried (emphasis on "tried") to be some awesome wicked-cool badass; Deadpool loves Golden Girls and is scared of cows and chickens... if he's cool it's in a deeply ironic way.
No.  Deadpool is 'funny' because he's crude, crass and pokes fun at the idea of Comic Books.  He's supposed to be a mirror, and he makes mention/mocks some typical tropes in a snide 'knowing nod' kind of way.  Kind of like Joss Whedon, with his constant nods at how much smarter we are than the 'medium' of whatever style of show he's making that year.  Deadpool points out how stupid comics are and how dumb we are for liking them, without pointing a finger.  Letting us laugh at ourselves.

Which, frankly, sucks the entire fun out of reading comics for me.  I don't care that comics are stupid, silly fun.  I like them because they can be excellent story telling tools, morality plays, or just a fun, silly and/or downright stupid story to pass the time with.  Just like a good book, or TV show or Movie.  What I don't need is some writer coming along, thinking that we're all idiots and we need a character to point that out in a 'light hearted way'.  Mark Millar and his Next Wave or his Wanted is more than enough, thank you.

What does that affect with my personal wishing of writing a dark/iron age style 'comic' story on E?  Because any fans of Comics will know that Deadpool comes from that era, and because he's 'funny', his 'image' will infect anything that anyone mentions is Iron Age in style.  I see it happen locally, and I have a hard time seeing that it's just my circle of literal comic book fans, who I've never met passed meeting once or twice in the local comic shop.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Nadir

Perhaps start a new thread for the topic you two are discussing? ::)

TheGlyphstone

Or unify them. Maybe someone here once tried to get a Deadpool RP going but couldn't find a partner?

...actually, the thought of a Deadpool ERP with the usual 4th-wall breaking shenanigans is frankly somewhat terrifying.

Nadir

I'm actually starting a Deadpool RP soon. Should be hilarious ^_^

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Dim Hon on August 30, 2014, 12:46:31 AM
I'm actually starting a Deadpool RP soon. Should be hilarious ^_^

...would you be willing to send me a link when you do? I'm not usually one to be interested in other people's RPs, but this might be worth an exception.

Nachtmahr

Quote from: KaylaM on August 26, 2014, 08:13:03 AM
See, for me, what I like is rugged, tough guy M/Ms. I seem to find that M/M is sissy girlyboys or nothing

I don't mean to be rude or anything - Just a sort of arbitrary thing but.. Speaking as a liege and on behalf of a rather large trans-community.. The term 'Sissy Girlyboys' might be considered pretty damn offensive. ^^' Especially the 'sissy' part, which has grown into a bit of a slur for transsexual and transgendered men. Might want to possibly hold back on that one.
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Chris Brady

Aaaaaand I'm out.  I hope this thread works for you all.  :-)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

ImaginedScenes

I have a hard time finding partners who want to create stories that are a little bit more realistic than cliches but aren't lifelike. Wanted to do a zombie setting where a group was holed up in a shelter and had to be on constant alert but worked sexytimes into their watch rotations. Everyone wanted to do something like Resident Evil: The RPG or 28 Days Later: The Documentary. Or if I want to do a flirty office attraction theme, I get a lot of people wanting flowers and dinner dates or quickies in the break room. But what I want is unspoken attraction and secret glances. Then they start dating and have to hide it because of company policy or somesuch.

Didn't know that this forum has a lot of people who are trans. That will definitely make me think twice about what I write here. A fair point to not use those words on the off topic forums. To Kayla's defense a lot of erotic stories online use terms like what she mentioned. I don't read them but the descriptions or previews have common characteristics. Using the terms she did gave me a clear idea of what she was talking about. If she'd said something less likely to offend I might not have understood right away. Makes sense why she said what she said. I agree we all need to remember to be sensitive and kind.

Twisted Crow

While we have differing preferences, we do try to be respectful. Though even for people that have been here for years, I suppose it is very easy to overlook the transgendered or gender-fluid. It's typically why I try to diversify my interactions on here, to remind myself that we have Lords, Ladies and Lieges alike.

Nadir

Talking about trans - I have found it almost impossible to find someone who wants to write a trans character or against a trans character. Futa are popular, but realistic ftm or mtf? Nope.

Madriv

Quote from: Dim Hon on September 02, 2014, 04:37:35 AMTalking about trans - I have found it almost impossible to find someone who wants to write a trans character or against a trans character. Futa are popular, but realistic ftm or mtf? Nope.

I do. I'm really hoping a co-writer will bring a realistic trans character to play opposite my cis male character(s) in an auction story.

WindVoyager

Anything that involves Transformers. Even offsite I can't find squat.

The Lab. Its supposed to be a story-line that explore the darker side of humanity and the things people are willing to do and justify it with  'its for the greater good' and involve non humans and humans and all manner of experimentation and focus on the characters and how they react to the situation. I've tried numerous times off site and it always ends up attracting players who seem to think putting a lab coat on means they can stick their dick any where they want. 

For me its pretty much anything that involves non humans.

Anteros Vox

Blood Omen and Lok series I would love to have a game about that though most don't know much about it.

deadmanshand

Quote from: TheDevilsHex on September 07, 2014, 11:09:34 AM
Blood Omen and Lok series I would love to have a game about that though most don't know much about it.

Finding an actual Legacy of Kain game would be amazing. Nosgoth is such a cool setting. I was briefly in one before the GM started letting us know how our opinions didn't matter because it was his game.

apygoos

a good RWBY or Korraverse RP would be nice
a sailor senshi crossover with something would be nice too. i dunno of what, but i dont like playing tuxedo Kamen..Usagi isnt quite my ideal >.<

Amazee

The one RP that I came here to try to find: an anthro wolf marine corps RP. I had a good partner a few years ago but he stopped RPing and now I really wanna find a good RPer that would be willing to try me.

Nico

Quote from: KaylaM on August 26, 2014, 08:13:03 AM
See, for me, what I like is rugged, tough guy M/Ms. I seem to find that M/M is sissy girlyboys or nothing
Then you are looking in the wrong places. ;)