[RECRUITMENT THREAD] - Skyreach - [Trapped in an MMO type freeform game]

Started by Lynnette, March 06, 2016, 03:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhi

Go for it, la dame! They're original works, one by Rose Besch, the other by somebody who goes by kaifuu on Deviant Art.

Inari

Quote from: Lynnette on March 09, 2016, 03:20:37 PM
Ok, so a small update from my part, I've been diagnosing a network issue I've been having at my place pretty much all day after work, I've still not managed to figure it out, and the issue is so weird I can't find anything about it online either, a pretty significant problem to be fair. I have internet on both my macbook and my main workstation, but for some weird reason, my phone won't connect properly, and without the various logons for the routers etc, I'm having a tough time with it all >_> I was hoping to get a couple threads up tonight, but I don't know how likely this will be at the moment.
Quoting and reposting this just in case people miss it.

Revelation

Here's hoping it can be resolved easily, soon! Network issues are a huge pain in the rear.

Lynnette

Quote from: Changingsaint on March 09, 2016, 04:47:57 PM
Here's hoping it can be resolved easily, soon! Network issues are a huge pain in the rear.

Okay, so the problem solved itself.

Fuck network problems, they are literally the bane of any tech. I'm a sys-admin and can't fix my own fucking router xD Though at this point, it could seem like it was a DHCP or DNS error coming from the isp. I'll see what I can get time for today, I'll likely get some stuff down, but I won't be able to finish any threads I don't think.

Oh, and if anyone want to reach me on Skype for easier communication, my Skype username is "live:reaperdouble0", I only do text-chat since voice becomes a bit creepy, but I'm up for a nice chat if you are
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Dhi

Revelation

Alright! There's a new fighter in this game! Mine, specifically. I'm eager to see this game roll out!

Lynnette

Quote from: Dhi on March 09, 2016, 05:03:10 PM
Hang on. Hang on, was that... did you have a different username originally?

Yup, same person xD We've written together before xD
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Dhi

Kokaine

Some interesting new characters we've had posted up today...

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Lynnette

With some sheets I have pending in my PM box for some minor fixing, we're at about 20 characters good, which should leave us at four or five parties, maybe more if we spread it thinner. I've written up some of the initial zones and whatnot, and I'll post it up in the OOC whenever I get that up, likely tomorrow since I spent all of today with my networking issues >_> I'll be gone for bits of the afternoon, but I should have some time between 4pm and 7pm to answer some PMs and maybe get the OOC up.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Revelation

I might have missed it! but are parties being formed by player choice or GM? at least at the start! With 20 people, that's a lot of parties!

Lynnette

Quote from: Changingsaint on March 09, 2016, 05:32:43 PM
I might have missed it! but are parties being formed by player choice or GM? at least at the start! With 20 people, that's a lot of parties!

I have yet to decide, ideally they would form themselves, it would be less work for me and it would lead players to ending up with other writers they know they are competent at writing with. While I can't speak for everyone, I know several of the people in this game have some kind of experience with writing with one another to varying degrees. Another positive side of this is that posting rates would kind of normalize to a group standard based on the groups that we end up with.

On the minus side, it'll easily lead to the formation of cliques, which can have a lot of upsides and downsides. I'm open for response from you all. I'll make the final call, but like with the polls I had in the interest check, I listen :P
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Mysterica

Allowing for the groups to be formed at least somewhat organically largely just so the group members have some agreement on how to approach wandering off and adventuring: from most direct route possible to the road not taken, and tactical precision to attack on sight. 

Crash

Quote from: Mysterica on March 09, 2016, 05:42:53 PM
Allowing for the groups to be formed at least somewhat organically largely just so the group members have some agreement on how to approach wandering off and adventuring: from most direct route possible to the road not taken, and tactical precision to attack on sight. 

This.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Revelation

Quote from: Mysterica on March 09, 2016, 05:42:53 PM

I'd pretty much agree! Though I think working out party dynamics OOC sounds good to me, just because I think OOC discussion between the players would be important!

Steir

It definitely helps the characters know each other better and figure out how they best work together. If not, they can always try approaching other groups to see if they are looking for someone to fill in a role.

:)

Dhi

It's going to be tough, as we get started with 20+ people, for a consensus on teams to form organically.

Shadowrun 2070 had a thread dedicated to the in-world BBS system, which was good for having side conversations that, while helpful with world building and character development, were hardly worth their own post. So, an idea I propose would be to have a side thread for public in-game messages, maybe modeled after a Looking For Group tool, or maybe a literal bulletin board.

Steir

Quote from: Dhi on March 09, 2016, 07:31:21 PM
It's going to be tough, as we get started with 20+ people, for a consensus on teams to form organically.

Shadowrun 2070 had a thread dedicated to the in-world BBS system, which was good for having side conversations that, while helpful with world building and character development, were hardly worth their own post. So, an idea I propose would be to have a side thread for public in-game messages, maybe modeled after a Looking For Group tool, or maybe a literal bulletin board.
Maybe a guild board that has jobs posted for adventurers? Jobs will have limited slots, so it will usually be first-come-first serve to those who take the slots. This in turn will get people to work in groups, get into discussion on how their dynamics will work during missions and apply them.

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on March 09, 2016, 07:31:21 PM

I like the looking for group thing.  Either like an interface or a big board in the town square.

Looking to explore Moaning Deep Caverns.  Need someone adept at keeping me alive and someone really stabby or able to fry bondage elves in bunches.  Meet me at the Tilted Tales Inn.

- Tankerella

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

AndyZ

Are we allowed to suggest previous quests we might have gone on with folks?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Kokaine

Yeah, that brings up a good point--and forgive me if this is answered somewhere--are we starting from our characters literally waking up in the game or might some of the characters know/have heard of others?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on March 09, 2016, 04:07:46 PM
Go for it, la dame! They're original works, one by Rose Besch, the other by somebody who goes by kaifuu on Deviant Art.

Cool Rose Besch is going to be at a convention I am taking my family to.

LeSane

I feel if that our characters would be acclimated with the game as each have a playstyle which fits them. It would be difficult to explain how they are the same class yet entirely different when fighting.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Crash

Quote from: LeSane on March 09, 2016, 07:54:21 PM
I feel if that our characters would be acclimated with the game as each have a playstyle which fits them. It would be difficult to explain how they are the same class yet entirely different when fighting.

Not necessarily.  In Guild Wars 2 your fighting style was very much dictated by your weapon choice or spell specializations.  It made for a nice bit of diversity between classes.

Dhi

One of the things I needed to change when making Rahmi was to remove reference to her being a student at the library of Bastion. We've been in Skyreach for, as I understand it, a week at most. I suppose Rahmi and Cimarron are figuring out parties and the purpose of them for the first time. If they've had any interaction with other heroes, it's likely been super brief i.e. I was entering a cave as you left and we were briefly amazed by each other's abilities, but this amazing world beckoned us onward.