How I Adore November 4th, 2008

Started by Marguerite, March 08, 2009, 08:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

This whole week has somehow been a roller coaster for me. Only last week had I put in an rush on my application for SFSU, San Francisco State University, for a transfer into the psychology program and then waited anxiously for the 2008 elections. Well, it seemed this week will forever be engraved into my brain.

On Tuesday, November 4th, 2008, two great things happened:

Around 2 pm, Pacific time, I waited in line to get the chance to vote. I went through the usual give my name and show identification. When I headed to the next table, I was given the blue folder containing my ballet along with a stub to show I had officially voted. I spent a good twenty-five minutes in there. Right away, I knew I wanted to vote for Obama. I have no love for Palin and if McCain kicks the bucket then we would have this female who could declare a National Moose Hunting Day and use the term Maverick in every speech. She ruined Top Gun for me because she beat the hell out of my favorite word from the movie. From there, I went to the rest of the things that concerned my city. When I got to the Proposition, I was no in favor of banning same-sex marriage. I am all for same-sex marriage and not about to deny the right to be married to their loved one. Went no on Prop 4 where the doctor or the pregnant teen has to inform the parents of an abortion before she goes to have it done. That is wrong. There are circumstances where a teen might not want to reveal the fact she might have done something stupid or even pregnant because she was the victim of rape because there might be a backlash depending on how the parents see it. I went through the rest of the Props with ease and turned it in. Oooh, when I got my, 'I Voted', sticker I was proud as can be.

Now, when I returned home from voting I had not expected to find out whether I was accepted or not into SFSU for a few more months. In a month, I had planned to wait by the front door for the postman to bring the mail before I launched myself at the mailbox. I barely sent the application a few days ago and expected nothing from SFSU other than maybe get flyers to have a student day there. I had it all planned out. However, I come home and have a bit of lunch with my mother. Then the mail comes and I know my mother gets a lot of mail and I am lucky to get a free trial offer for a magazine. However, I snatch the mail out of the mailbox I have. There I notice a packet from SFSU. A big packet. When big packets from the Admissions of SFSU it is big. Quickly, I open up the SFSU, read the first page and god, I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Think of it as some sort of whacky chick yelling and dancing around the room. I got in. I got into a school and because of my grades, the Admissions had seen to give me a spot right away. Now, all I have to send in my official transcripts once Spring Semester is over and I am set.

Also, when Obama won, I was elated. Finally, we were done with Bush and would have Obama to try, clean up the mess and hopefully save us all. All in all a good week.

Marguerite
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You