New, specific craving. Involves drows.

Started by Crackicus, July 19, 2012, 02:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackicus

Hello, ladies and germs. I have a new craving, one that involves drows. For those not in the know, a drow is a dark elf, characterized by their skin tone that ranges from ashen grey to obsidian black.

I have an idea for how drowian society would work for this particular RP. In general, drow society is matriarchal, run by females, as opposed to the patriarchal reigns of traditional elven societies. Females work in positions of authority, as queens, heads of the military, bankers, shopkeepers, and so forth, while males take up other jobs, as soldiers, farmers, and in some cases, slaves.

A typical drow family unit consists of a head female, a wife-like figure with whom the head of the family has a romantic bond, a "husband" who assists in procreating (often a mutual acquaintance for the head of the household and her wife, usually the wife's brother), and their children.

Drows, like elves, are adept at magic, but are more well-versed in dark magic than light magic.

Drows consider themselves superior to elves and other races. They consider humans to be barely a step above goblins.

As for the RP itself, it would revolve around one such drow family unit and a couple of humans who find themselves caught in drowian society. All gender pairings are welcome, and I'd be up for light and NC. :3

To close out, here are some pics for inspiration.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

MzHyde

Did you mean this for the Group Roleplay section? 'Cause this looks like a group thing.

Crackicus

I intended it for a 1x1 RP, but I s'pose it would work well for a group RP, too.

Snake

A family bit... that would be intense since in most cases: Male are literally NOTHING to females and females abuse them, kill them, humilaite them often for no rhyme or reason at all otehr than that the guy dropped a hair clip or something. They're outright evil and should be portayed as such really.

they all subtly hate each other anyway...