d&d

Started by Tom, May 30, 2006, 06:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Hey,

Looking for a d&d game with solo play or a small group of players. Having played a lot of all-sexual games (with minor elements of plot) and non-sexual games (with only plot), I'm looking for a mature 3.5 non-freeform game somewhere in between. I'd like a game with:

-Core elements for the most part.
-Low level (at first), longterm game.
-Combat
-Puzzles
-Character interaction
-Romantic/sexual encounters when it fits the plot

I can play:
-Any race
-Any gender
-Any class

....so anyone willing do DM my character?

Zaer Darkwail

Come check my game, it is located in world of Faerun setting wise but I can take newbies to this world to my games also :). It starts bit bigger levle than 1 but 3lvl despite LA (but would need take mosnter HD based races like whit Savage Species mosnter class style) is nice start.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=70.0

Tom

Thanks, but not quite what I was looking for. I want a story centered around one (or two) characters, not a large group. Anyone else?

delle

I could try. What kind of character are you thinking of?

Purple

If you decide you'd like to go the small-group route I'd be interested in playing.  Your requirements sound perfect to me.
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Tom

Quote from: delle on June 01, 2006, 10:33:10 AM
I could try. What kind of character are you thinking of?

Hey, thanks for volunteering to run this game. I have several character ideas and I don't mind having a game with two players if you don't? Purple and I could create two characters that complement each other well. Some appropriate concepts could include:

Brawn and Brain
The classic pairing of a fighter and a spellcaster. An interesting character for me in such a scenario would either be a wilding of a barbarian (perhaps even a savage species like gnoll or bugbear) or a disciplined soldier. The brain in this team could be either a female cleric, druid, wizard or sorcerer, perhaps multiclassed with rogue for some stealth. Optionally we could do a switcheroo here, and I'll play a brainy spellcasting type with a female warrior type as a partner.

Holy warriors
Another option, somewhat like the first alternative, would be a pure divine pair of characters. One could play a cleric type while the other play a paladin of the same church/organisation.

Two thieves
Another cool option would be having two thieves/rogues (pure rogues or multiclassed) that work together, but still are different enough to complement each other with varied abilities. The two could either be on the wrong side of the law, stealing for themselves, or they could be robin-hood types, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. Optionally they could be spies for hire, that perform a variety of tasks, either for pay or by conviction.

In any case I would like to supply a background for my character, including specific hooks that would be followed up in-game.

Does this appeal to you in any way?

delle

I'd rather not have to DM two people on a play-by-post. Waiting for one to reply can be tedious enough :)
Sorry.

Tom

Quote from: delle on June 02, 2006, 11:51:42 AM
I'd rather not have to DM two people on a play-by-post. Waiting for one to reply can be tedious enough :)
Sorry.

Okay, would you still DM just for me? I think I'd like to try a human paladin. I'll wait for you to take charge and give instructions for character creation and such.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: pbemtom on June 02, 2006, 05:47:41 AM
Hey, thanks for volunteering to run this game. I have several character ideas and I don't mind having a game with two players if you don't? Purple and I could create two characters that complement each other well. Some appropriate concepts could include:

Brawn and Brain
The classic pairing of a fighter and a spellcaster. An interesting character for me in such a scenario would either be a wilding of a barbarian (perhaps even a savage species like gnoll or bugbear) or a disciplined soldier. The brain in this team could be either a female cleric, druid, wizard or sorcerer, perhaps multiclassed with rogue for some stealth. Optionally we could do a switcheroo here, and I'll play a brainy spellcasting type with a female warrior type as a partner.

Holy warriors
Another option, somewhat like the first alternative, would be a pure divine pair of characters. One could play a cleric type while the other play a paladin of the same church/organisation.

Two thieves
Another cool option would be having two thieves/rogues (pure rogues or multiclassed) that work together, but still are different enough to complement each other with varied abilities. The two could either be on the wrong side of the law, stealing for themselves, or they could be robin-hood types, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. Optionally they could be spies for hire, that perform a variety of tasks, either for pay or by conviction.

In any case I would like to supply a background for my character, including specific hooks that would be followed up in-game.

Does this appeal to you in any way?

I can run two chars in my game. You do not need never face other players if you prefer it (brief encounters can be possible).

delle

Quote from: pbemtom on June 02, 2006, 01:14:17 PM
Okay, would you still DM just for me? I think I'd like to try a human paladin. I'll wait for you to take charge and give instructions for character creation and such.

Doh! It's not that I'm being difficult. But there's few things I hate more than paladins. Unless it's pompous-ass paladins who make clowns of themselves by being all poffy without realising it.  ;D

I don't really run "heroic" games, per se. Too many of that going around. Good luck finding a game, though.  ;)

Purple

Hi, just checking in.  Pbemtom, I love all those ideas you've listed and would love playing any of them if you're still interested.
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

tcost

If you don't want to take up Zaer's offer, I could referee a stand-alone for only two people.  Be warned, though, that at times I have to go slowly, and most days will only get in one to three posts in any given game;  weekends are variable, and I can sometimes spend a whole day at the computer, and sometimes have nearly no time at all.

I'd suggest the Brains and Brawn pair, but limited to Players' Handbook races, please?  I'll be working almost entirely from the three basic books;  I also happen to own Complete Arcane.  And don't make the Brawny one too dim -- you won't always be together, and each of you will need to be thinking on your own from time to time.  More plot than combat, rp-heavy.  The proportion of sex would be mostly up to the characters;  there will be plenty of randy NPCs (though not all of them).

I have a basic idea in mind, in a homebrew setting, neither too eccentric nor too predictable (I hope), and can take the game through a starting phase, after which we can all discuss continuing further.  Characters can play any of the standard PHB classes, starting at second level, with twice the maximum amount of starting gold for the class, one Potion of Cure Light Wounds each, and one minor magical item, variable depending on class(es) chosen.  Use the point buy system for characteristics;  you have 30 points to distribute, a fairly generous amount. 

If you're both interested, please let me know.  And I like reading good background submissions.
I prefer justice to irony.

Tom

tcost, You got it. I'll get down to character creation right away. Thanks for stepping up here!
Purple, would you want to run the "brains" or the "brawns"? Male or female? (not that we can't run two of the same gender).

Purple

I will admit that I'm not the most brainiest person and so would be much better suited as the brawn in this case.  :)  I'm a tomboy too so that fits well for me also.  And I'd prefer playing a female since I couldn't do a male justice.  :)

I will begin creating a character right away as well.  Should we pm it, tcost, or just place it here?

tcost

Please PM me.  I'm off to work in ten minutes, so I won't be able to get to these until tonight.

Having given the matter a little more thought, if all things are otherwise equal, I'd suggest a wizard rather than a sorcerer for the brains. 

You'll be arriving at a roadside inn late at night in a rainstorm.  You can buy horses if you can afford them, but if you do remember that you'll have to pay for their tack and stabling.  Money will be something we need to keep track of in this game.

Tom

I've started work on a wizard character. I'll PM it as soon as it is ready.

tcost

Very good.  I should have time to look at it tonight. 

Tom

I have PM'ed my character proposal. :)

Purple

Just so you're aware, pbemtom, I have mine as well and everything is okay with it.  I've got a character sheet almost all finished and should be ready to begin whenever you and tcost are.  :)  Thanks for letting me play with you.  :)

Tom

Thanks for letting me know, Purple. Btw, you can call me Tom. pbemtom is just an old nick that has stuck with me from me e-mail based games. I'm looking forward to seeing your character.

You know, we could have discussed our characters more of course... With your being the muscles, I focused on skills and spells as planned. But I also added a small dose of those interaction-skills. A decent charisma score with a few ranks (cross-class) in diplomacy and gather information - in case your character doesn't focus on that. Now, unless you dip into a level or two as rogue we're just lacking a bit in the stealth/traps/locks department -- and of course in the healing department. Although a cleric can always be partially replaced by potions, it's hard to replace those special rogue features. :)

Purple

I'm not used to multiclassing much, but then I also usually play elves that aren't wizards so I'd take multi-classing penalties.  Since I'm going to play a human in this game I suppose I could mc into rogue a little (generally my favorite class anyway).  It would probably be pretty natural actually whenever our characters work together for her to take care of that type of stuff.  As a fighter she doesn't really have that many skills at all so we'll need all that you can do.  :)

tcost

When your characters actually get to the point where they're actually setting forth on an adventure on purpose, I think that we can arrange for an NPC rogue to be along with you at least until such time as you reach third or fourth level and have the chance to add a rogue level if you like. 

tcost

It is my pleasure to announce that Elvi has kindly created for our playing pleasure the game entitled Brawn & Brain in the NC Exotic System section!

Sound the hautboys!

Tom

Great! I'm looking forward to get started! :)

tcost

I do have a couple of questions.  The first, and most important, is whether your two characters know one another before the game begins?  If not, the game will begin with their meeting.