Resident Evil: Degeneration

Started by Avi, September 21, 2008, 09:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avi

Apparently, they're making a CG Resident Evil movie.  I'm cautiously excited, since I was disappointed in the live-action movies, as they strayed so far from the original premise of the games. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBCIN5ld8BQ

Basic details are that it takes place in 2005, which places it between Resident Evil 4 and 5, and involves a re-emergence of the original T-Virus.  The main characters are Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 2 and 4) and Claire Redfield (Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica).  Personally, I'm glad to see those two back together, since RE2 was the first game in the series that I ever played.  The beast seen at the end of the trailer is attracting controversy, with some fans asserting that it's William Birkin, the villain from RE2.  He's supposed to be dead, though, so I'm not sure.  It is slated for release on DVD in the United States in December of 2008, following a theatrical release in Japan.

At any rate, thoughts?
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Inkidu

I played four first! I tried to play the others but the (HORRIBLE) controls and inventory systems made me look it all up online.

It sounds like they got the same voice actor who did Leon in 4 too, but... where's Ada?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Destiny Ascension

This is the first real Resident Evil movie...

The other 3 that some people mistake for the RE movies are complete crap-fests of a horrible attempt at scoring money from a profitable gaming franchise. I for one am glad this one might take the right direction, but until I see it for myself, that remains to be proven.

I'm a huge RE fan.. :)
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Avi

Agreed... I was annoyed with the second one, in particular.  WAY too much slow-motion.  And they focused on an original character rather than using fan favorites. 
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Inkidu

Quote from: aviationrox on September 21, 2008, 09:06:19 PM
Agreed... I was annoyed with the second one, in particular.  WAY too much slow-motion.  And they focused on an original character rather than using fan favorites. 
Look I knew that movies franchise was going wrong the second I heard Sony turned down George A. Remaro's plot for it. From what I read he was going to stick with the Mansion storyline, but Chris Redfield would have been a native American, who wasn't Stars and Barry would have been a black guy. Still it would have been better than the whiny director who pushed his failed pitch on a great gaming series.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.