Game of Thrones/ASOIAF - King, Targaryen and House Lords/Ladies wanted!

Started by Ramael, January 26, 2011, 10:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

My personal status is that I finished Dance with Dragons today. :P

tcost

Congratulations, Karma.  I, for one, am taking my time and have just passed page 300. 

As for the game here, I dunno.  Anyone who, like me, had been holding off on a character submission, might want to turn one of them in.
I prefer justice to irony.

Niki315

I finished Dance with Dragons a couple of days ago...  I'm still thinking of what to make exactly...  I was thinking of making someone lowborn, but I can't think of a reason for her to be in Lannisport or King's Landing or whatever...

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Niki315 on August 24, 2011, 08:31:03 PM
I finished Dance with Dragons a couple of days ago...  I'm still thinking of what to make exactly...  I was thinking of making someone lowborn, but I can't think of a reason for her to be in Lannisport or King's Landing or whatever...

Slave, orphan, craftsman's apprentice? Just a few ideas off the top of my head.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Ramael

Yep, still collecting characters Primarch. Ideally we'd need at least a couple more to start with. Westeros is a big place. Nikki, your character can be whereever, I wanted to gather characters first then weave a plot around them, geographically too. Then, any players joining later can work themselves into the already existing plot. For now we have the luxury of creating a plot around our characters.

Tcost - good recommendation.

Kate

any more room for another player?

if so what  faction is preferable ?

tcost

It's absolutely wide open, Kate, and we need three or four more characters to start up. 

We have one cluster of folks in Lannisport and another in and around Winterfell -- Lannisters and Starks, as well as associated bastards and non-family.  We could use some King's Landing folks as well, Baratheons or people from the court or the city. 

Kate

Although Cersei was not always cruel, wealth and titles coupled with her own vanity and the corruption power brings led Cersei to darker options that only the ears of the well informed could know of. Lannisiter gold bought whispers services to fathom those knowing of rituals that could give advantages other families could never match. Benefits which could be seen at a glance, physical obvious superiority to what she believed was any other family breathing.

Such blessings needed to match boons true dragon-blood had always claimed, in her mind one power that was always relevant was that of beauty, knowing this promises from witches fueled her dreams of perpetual youth and forever improved physical traits at a cost which more importantly could be imposed unwillingly on others. Dark witches speaking of such spoke in her ears more often than other voices until their thoughts soon constantly bathed her own. 

To improve the insatiable craving of her own vanity, to starve off the effects of time and instill such benefits for her linage forever, the witches demanded that the dark spirits be appeased, thoughts she readily agreed to, over time her heart began to grow cold.

For not only did the witches insist the extreme choices for such a linage, but to fuel physical perfection curses of the corruption of others love began to be woven by their chanting, and designed debasement by cersei's own hand befell all those who learned too much of her dealings. Perversion of love and the sexual natures of others including herself was the price she gladly paid, along with her sanity.  Proof that the dark rituals worked only increased Cersei's depth of depravity, ones which increasingly became more extreme as well as the measures required to keep them secret.

Kate

Ok,

I have looked though a few peoples ons and offs sections and I thought what may be interesting is to have a character that is truely hated by all the others - this isn't to offend but to fuel a mutual desire in others to rid the world of such corruption staying very relevant in this plot.

To do so I was thinking of her doings / or others receiving rumors via ravens hinting that it is suspected she is behind issues that can relate to others "offs" but not explicitly. What I mean is she will reveal in a conversation with her witches that she has cursed a innocent for X to happen to them in their life (ie indirect) or even pay others do see it happen (although the scene itself will not necessarily be written) to keep the rituals working.

tcost

Oh, my...!

I know that often in games like these, feature characters -- those who actually appear in the novels or TV shows -- are discouraged or forbidden.  But the idea of having a Cersei, particularly one with the idea that Kate here has suggested, would add a tremendous amount to the game.  In fact, I'd not complain if we added other feature characters too, even if I had to change my own background (giving Tywin an extra son would totally screw up that family dynamic;  maybe my guy could be Kevan's son instead.

Cersei could definitely have knowledge of Ellynn. I was hoping someone would be in a position to pass her orders.

Ramael

Nice character concept. But judging from the blurb, there's nothing really that makes that Cersei Lannister from the books or series.

Which is great, as it's technically an OC. If you change the name and pic, we have a completely new character. You've already put the hard work into the background etc.

Also, what I love about the books and the series is the very fact that there isn't one character who is truly reviled/loathed by every single other major player. The grey morality makes it that much more believable and helps it surpass the stagnant good guy/bad guy complex of most other fantasy franchises (indeed, most other franchises full stop).

However I do like the effort you've put in, I don't want it to go to waste. I'd just recommend changing her name and pic. Ideally I'd like you to make a more rounded character (with her own justifications for this dabbling in the occult, as opposed to simply feeding her own vanity) that isn't just the Big Bad of the roleplay.

The Dark Raven

Name: Alis Tyrell
Nickname:  The Rose of Highgarden
Parents:  Lord and Lady Tyrell
Birthplace:  Highgarden

Alis is the youngest living child, and only daughter, of Lord and Lady Tyrell.  Protected rather fiercely by her two elder brothers, Alis has long known only battle or her own connivance could bring the Tyrell rose higher, and into the circles royal.  Though her brothers’ martial prowess is known in the lists, Alis is known as the “Rose of Highgarden” at court.  Whether this nickname is for her courtly wiles or the barbs sunk into her enemies, it is anyone’s guess.

She is a master at deception, through her parents’ tutelage and her years at court, learning the ways of intrigue.  At the same time, she has managed to gain secret allies in the small council to her own aspirations (provided, of course, that their stars rise with hers).  Just as well, her mysterious smile and laughing eyes are well known at court, concealing all she wishes to hide.

She is a fickle creature, though as one of the Queen’s many ladies-in-waiting, she is behooved to keep her thoughts to herself until she is in a position to whisper those thoughts into the ear of the man that she knows can bring her to the throne she is sure is her right.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Ramael

Lovely character. Out of interest, (although I guess this will depend on what attitude the factions have for one another which I/we haven't decided upon yet) is Alis at King's Landing in line with the practice of "honoured hostage" that is common in the houses in Westeros?

For example, is it similar to Theon Greyjoy growing up in Winterfell? Or was Alis sent there for some other reason?

The Dark Raven

It could very well be that she is fostered at court with a Lannister/Baratheon eye on her, for her father's good behaviour.  It would make sense.  I'm still fleshing out her involvement in my head, but haven't found the right words yet.  The original intention was to have her fostered at court, and with the canon Tyrells, it would very much make sense that she is an honored hostage.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Ramael

I didn't mean to put words in your mouth, but if you like it, it could be a great plot bunny. Still, as open as this is right now, things could be subject to change.

Time for a brief summary of the characters to help us begin working a plot together;

- A lurking Lannister benefactor, streetwise, with a favour to call in. (Am I right in thinking the Braavosi streetrat is with Lyn too?)

- A wandering Stark beastmaster vigilante.

- A stout Cerwyn lord and hardy retinue, bannermen to the Starks.

- A Stark noblegirl, lady of the people.

- An aspiring Lannister knight, ambitious and proud.

- The Lannister matriarch, a Cersei-esque femme fatale.

- A Tyrell noblegirl, possible honoured hostage, beginning to work her wiles around King's Landing.

We definately have enough characters for now. Let's start working on where everyone is to begin with. Beastmaster and Becky, you guys have it easy, and it stands to reason you will know each other very well. You will both be in Winterfell, I assume?

The Dark Raven

Working her wiles...

*gigglesnort*  I could be so awful with that.  The general idea is an Anne Boleyn-ish social climber.  And I do think I like the honored hostage/fosterling idea--my only question is, to whom?  The Lannisters or the Baratheons? *grin*

Yep. Zin and Lyn, partners in debauchery. They'll start in Lannisport, but are willing to go anywhere.

The Dark Raven

Do someone let me know if the message I just posted didn't come through and I'll Cliff's Notes it... >.>

Duly cliff's noting my schedule.

I work 7 on, 7 off in a hospital and on my "on" weeks, I do not post due to how exhausted I live.  My work week starts up next thursday to the following wednesday (followed by my 7 off).  If you need/want to nab me, PM me on the site here.  The big red "You have x messages" catches my attention much quicker than my Bookmark tab.

Feel free to bug me!

This is my only game at this time, as I'm trying to get back into writing in E, so you are not taking me from anything.

If I'm not on, I'm not on and will get back to the boards (with the new puppy, it is a handful sometimes, but I write as soon as I get a moment). 

<3

TheHangedOne

Yes, and yes, Ramael. By the way, I'm glad to see you're doing alright.

Quote from: Daylily on August 27, 2011, 10:17:55 PM
Do someone let me know if the message I just posted didn't come through and I'll Cliff's Notes it... >.>

The onl thing I saw was...
Quote from: Daylily on August 27, 2011, 10:09:42 PM
Working her wiles...

*gigglesnort*  I could be so awful with that.  The general idea is an Anne Boleyn-ish social climber.  And I do think I like the honored hostage/fosterling idea--my only question is, to whom?  The Lannisters or the Baratheons? *grin*
Check out my poet tree!

The Dark Raven

THM,

Yeah.  It ate my post/I forgot to hit send.

I edited my last post to include my new postin schedule. :)

arikelillusion

*Becky* yeap. i pretend star in winterfell. but about the Beastmaster i dont know. but i was think about we both start there and if he need to go to king leand (since he is a fight) i would go with him. maybe the king call him from some championship and i go too watch and cheer for my brother... theres many ideas...  ;D

but i didnt hear from him. So I'm just assuming here... =P

beastmaster, brother, any ideas? ^^
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

TheHangedOne

Maybe. I'm not feeling particularly creative tonight, unfortunately, so I have nothing to contribute.
Check out my poet tree!

Kate

(OC this is just a re-work on my previous concept to avoid using a cannon character,
freeing the cannon characters to be used by the storyteller for plot related reasons)

Name: Lady Clayra Lannister
Title: Lady

Personality

Arrogant. She has enough power to feel no need to impress anyone, its everyone elses job to impress her.
(All know the kind). So used to privileged station she believes no action or behavior of hers that could upset others should ever be a topic of improvement. In her mind her own actions defines what is right.

Background

Direct Cousin of Cersei, Clayra grew up where talk of political maneuverings were common topics at almost
all family occasions. The duchess liased with Cersei more often than others via raven messages on topics of mutual interest which would shame the family if known publicly. Letting the males of the family see to military and naval matters still left much to do to ensure Lannister's rightful place overruling all of the civilized world, dealings that quickly involved what no sane fool should dabble in. Although most in the family are corrupted by power, such is true for many noble families, however if there was one that truly was responsible for the darkest of taints on the souls of such it would be Duchess Clayra Lannisiter. Gold bought services to fathom those knowing of rituals that could give advantages other families could never match. Benefits which could be seen at a glance, physical obvious superiority to what she believed was any other family breathing.

Such blessings needed to match boons true dragon-blood had always claimed, in her mind one power that was always relevant was that of beauty, knowing this promises from witches fueled her dreams of perpetual youth and forever improved physical traits at a cost which more importantly could be imposed unwillingly on others. Dark witches speaking of such spoke in her ears more often than other voices until their thoughts soon constantly bathed her own.  To improve the insatiable craving of her own vanity, to starve off the effects of time and instill such benefits for her linage forever, the witches demanded that the dark spirits be appeased, thoughts she readily agreed to, over time her heart began to grow cold. For not only did the witches insist the extreme choices for such a linage, but to fuel physical perfection curses of the corruption of others love began to be woven by their chanting, and designed debasement by her own hand befell all those who learned too much of her dealings. Perversion of love and the sexual natures of others including herself was the price she gladly paid, along with her sanity.  Proof that the dark rituals worked only increased Clayra's depth of depravity, ones which increasingly became more extreme as well as the measures required to keep them secret.

Retine / Entarage